Re: type the apple symbol and command symbol

AFAIK, though, there is no "2010" as yet, there is only the 2010 Beta :-) If
I may paraphrase a rather wise Australian fellow I've come to know rather
well, "Anyone who uses Beta software for production work is a fool." ;-)

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 3/4/10 2:46 PM, in article C7B65938.5E94%john@mcghie.name, "John McGhie"
<john@mcghie.name> wrote:

> Hmmm...  I specifically avoided mentioning Lucida Grande, because when I
> checked in Word 2010 it didn't have it :-)
>
> That's not an issue for almost any other character we could think about.
> But the Apple Logo is in the Unicode Private Use Area, which means you have
> to specify the font, and the recipient must have the font you specify, or
> you will get a somewhat random result cross-platform.
>
> Cheers
>

> On 4/03/10 10:32 PM, in article C7B5046C.5BD5D%onlygeneraltaz1@com.cast.net,
> "Bob Jones" <onlygeneraltaz1@com.cast.net> wrote:
>
>> Another Option: You'll find them all if you use the Insert Object palette of
>> the Toolbox. They're in the Symbols ( � ) sub-palette. They're inserted in
>> Lucida Grande font which is supplied on both the Windows & Mac systems.
>>
>> HTH |:>)
>> Bob Jones
>> [MVP] Office:Mac
>>

>> On 3/3/10 7:41 PM, in article 59bb3d54.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
>> "mtevans14@officeformac.com" <mtevans14@officeformac.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor:
>>> Intel
>>> how do I type the apple and command symbols when I do not find them in the
>>> special characters?
>>>
>>> thanks for any help.
>>

> This email is my business email -- Please do not email me about forum
> matters unless you intend to pay!
>
>  --
>
> John McGhie, Microsoft MVP (Word, Mac Word); Consultant Technical Writer,
> McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd, Sydney, Australia.
> Ph: +61 (0)4 1209 1410; mailto:john@mcghie.name

0
CyberTaz

I'm ON the Beta, and it's the "Release Candidate" (i.e. excepting bug fixes,
that's what we're going to get).  So I suspect Lucida Grande will not be on
its playlist when it arrives.

On the other hand, this activity is a) a great test of software, and b) not
"production".  If it were "production" it would produce money, and as I
guess you noticed, it doesn't :-)

Cheers

On 6/03/10 4:03 AM, in article C7B6A381.587C7%onlygeneraltaz1@com.cast.net,

John