Printing from Word v.X

Version: v.X
Processor: Intel

0
cfw0047

Different programs call for different levels of print services - Browsers
are at the lower end, Word is at the higher end of the food chain :-) Check
the HP site for an updated printer driver. (I'm assuming that Office is
fully updated to 10.1.9 which was the final update released for that
version.)

If that isn't the cause of the problem it could well be the result of
migrating certain User files from the older OS to Snow Leopard. See this web
page for the Word v.X files to test:

http://word.mvps.org/Mac/DamagedPrefs.html

--
HTH |:>)
Bob Jones

<cfw0047@officeformac.com> wrote in message
> Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor:
> Intel I just upgraded my computer from a PowerBook G4 to a MacMini (Intel
> based w/Snow Leopard). I had the store I bought the Mac from (authorized
> Mac folks) migrate my user data to the new computer. This included
> migrating my vX suite that included Word. Here's the problem:
>
> Most of my documents from Word will not print - when I hit print, the
> printer (HP Office Jet Pro L7700) spits out a blank page. I've found one
> document, however, that will print - but I can't figure out what's
> different about that document? This problem baffled the folks who did the
> data migration and they suggested I ask the folks who populate this forum
> whether anyone had some ideas about what do to.
>
> I can print from other programs (like Firefox) so there's nothing wrong
> with the printer (and like I mentioned, at least one word document will
> print).
>
> Thank you for any suggestions.

0
CyberTaz
5/18/2010 7:36:06 PM
0
cfw0047
5/19/2010 9:43:22 PM
0
cfw0047

Printing Problems
When printing calendar event or a note Outlook fail with an error. The printers work fine with emails. Does any one have a suggestion on how to correct this problem? Thanks, Steve ...

reports that print after the stock count
Hello: To the best of my knowledge, the only report that automatically prints at the end of a stock count is the exceptions report. A client claimed that, during last month's stock count, a "quantity report" of some sort automatically printed. They conducted a stock count this month and were surprised not to see this "quantity report" automatically print. I don't think that there is a such thing as a "quantity report" printed after a stock count. Is there? I advised the client to print the Historical Stock Status Report, since this other report...

Word was unable to compare the documents
I have two 147 page Word 2007 documents that I am trying to compare that also contain equations. When I try to compare them, Word generates the following error: Word was unable to compare the documents I am not really finding anything useful using Google to search so I am posting here. I did find KB978398, requested the hotfix, and after installing the hotfix I still have the same error. Suggestions? Thanks! ...

Splitting a cell that has word wrap as the delimiter
Hi - I have an excel cell that has name on one line, then alt+enter, address on the next line, then alt+enter, state on the next line, etc... I want to split them - I tried using Data Text to Columns, but I can't figure out to use the Alt+enter as the delimiter. Any ideas? Check other and place the cursor in the box, hold down Alt while typing 010 on the numpad, release the Alt key -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Leslie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:074301c3c3f9$59b12340$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hi - > > I have an excel cell that ...

Sequential Numbering in Word 2003 and Recycling unused numbers
Once again, I am stuck in Macro world which is quickly consuming me :) It is though, quite addictive and I am determined to win the fight I'm having with my PC. I work for a company which uses network servers so the document needs to be accessed by different people but not necessarily at the same time. We operate Windows XP Word 2003. I am trying to create a document that will open with a sequential number, but if the document is not used or opened accidentally then the number it has generated needs to be recycled for auditing purposes. I seem to be able to get the number t...

x-y Line Graph question
I have a line graph. X is dates and Y is numeric data. I am plotting 12/1/2005 through 1/30/2006. The problems is my series does not start at the "left most" point of 12/1/2005, it is shifted slightly. And the line does not end at the "right most" point of 1/30/2006. Any ideas will be appreciated. thanks! XL has two distinct chart types even though they look similar, the XY Scatter chart and the Line chart. There is no XY Line graph. I believe you have a Line graph. Double-click the x-axis and from the Scale tab uncheck the 'Value (Y) axis crosses betwe...

Purchase Order Printing
I'm trying to print a modified POP Purchase Order Blank Form to a printer and all that comes out are blank sheets. If I print to screen, I see the report as it should be. As soon as I send it to the printer, I just get blank sheets. The report works correctly on other computers, and I tried re-importing the report on the messed up computer, but it did not resolve the issue. If I just print a blank POP Purchase Order Blank Form to a printer, it prints fine...with X's in every available space in the form. I'm out of ideas, let me know what I can try. Thanks. ...

print folder in table style
Hello all, My CU wants to print a list of files in a folder. He use Outlook 2002. Click Other Shortcuts -> My computer -> choose a folder -> Click the print icon on toolbar -> choose Table Style -> print preview The header and footer can be printed properly. However the content is blank. I mean: there is no file in the list. I can print properly at my side. However at the CU side, there are 2000 users encounter the same problem. And there are four kinds of printer. All have this problem. Any suggestion? Thanks! ...

X-axis labels in Excel!
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Why isn't there an option any longer to change the x-axis labels from default numbers to source data from the spreadsheet? This is ABSURD! Who on earth doesn't label their x-axis??? Leave it to Microsoft to leave out something so basic and essential. At least everything looks pretty. In article <ee989b5.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, eabboud@officeformac.com wrote: > Why isn't there an option any longer to change the x-axis labels from default > numbers to source data from the spreadsheet? > > This is ABSU...

Slow print preveiw Excel 2003 SP3
Intermittenly when I click on print preview, it is as if Excel is hanging, it takes a long time before the print preview appears on the screen. Also when I click on "setup" on the print preview screen the same thing happens. Any help will be appreciated. If you change to a different printer, do you have the same problem? If no, then I'd visit the printer's web site and look for newer versions of the printer driver. Gabriel van Rensburg wrote: > > Intermittenly when I click on print preview, it is as if Excel is hanging, it > takes a long time before the print ...

Reinstalling Office X After a HD Failure
My HD had a catastrophic failure and I had to replace it. Now I am = trying to=20 reinstall Office X from the most recent upgrade disk (I've purchased = every=20 upgrade for as long as I have been using Office) and the software is = looking=20 for the older version for upgrade verification. =20 I've systematically "browsed" to the CDs from every earlier verion I = have, but=20 the verification is not accepted. Suggestions? Rodney Dixon <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My HD had a catastrophic failure and I had to replace it. Now I am trying to > ...

Cell identity when printing comments on separate page

Printing Font color
Can anyone tell me how to print normal text in a color other than black? Have tried all types of fill for text (both black and gray) and still always prints BLACK. Ellen this would be an issue of your printer driver - not Publisher. The issue you describe is unknown in Publisher. However, we can get to the bottom of it for you. What version of Windows and Publisher are you using? Is this 'normal text' in a Text Frame or WordArt? What brand and model of printer are you using? -- ...

2 panel brochure printing in publisher
I am trying to print a 2 panel brochure in publisher and when I print preview everything fits but when it prints pages 1, & 3 get cut off. I would like all the pages to fit and print so the pages are aligned when folded. its an 8x11 normal sheet. I don't know which margins to use to make it print correctly. Please help! Have you setup your brochure as a booklet? Do you know your printers margin limitations? A tutorial is here: http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/horidiag -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Dominikin" <Dominikin@d...

Print Preview
I have posted an excel spreadsheet that colleagues access through Internet Explorer. When the spreadsheet is accessed the print preview command is no longer on the menu, BUT print preview is available in Excel and Internet Explorer normally. I have right clicked the toolbar and the option is just not available. Help!! Stewart Walker MOS Excel Expert (not that good though!) Do you mean that you right clicked the toolbar, chose Customize and then under command tab chose categories, file and the icon was missing from the command list? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.co...

Print a letter from a workflow
Hi, Is it possible to run a workflow that would print a letter. In other words when an accout is created (with certain conditions), letter a is sent t the printer. then wait 2 months then letter b is sent then wait 2 months then letter c is sent. All of these letters would need to be a template (ie with name address tags) Thanks in advance On Dec 8, 7:01=A0pm, Tango <Ta...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Is it possible to run a workflow that would print a letter. > > In other words when an accout is created (with certain conditions), lette= r a > is ...

Print part of contact list
I have a list of contacts. This contains their names and addresses, phone numbers, etc. I want to print out just their names in one long list. I can't see how to exclude the addresses, etc from this list. Can anyone help here? Thanks Rob Graham Use a mail merge. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Rob graham" <rttgrahamwow@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:X_WdnbHs0L8HlrLbnZ2dnUVZ8vydnZ2d@bt.com... >I have a list of contacts. This contains their names and addresses, phone >numbers, etc. I want to print out just their names in one long list. I >can'...

Gantt Chart Missing One Task Line When Printed
Hello! I am completely stumped here with Project 2007. When printing the gantt chart line 30 of my plan is blank. The line number is there, but the task info and bar is blank. It shows up in print preview. All other lines show up fine and the rest of the project prints fine as per my print settings - just missing one line! Printer drivers are updated, software has current update - anyone ever heard of this? I really appreciate your help! Hi Jean, Do you see a different answer if you turn off 3D bars? Tools > Options, View tab. There were some early problems with 3D ...

NewsMaestro Usenet Supertool v. 4.4.8 for Windows/Linux/Unix released
Download page: http://rapidshare.com/files/118192521/NewsMaestro_4.4.8_Src.zip (Hit Free button to download. For some download managers you need to open the .html file it downloaded to do actual download.) * Documentation update. * Bug fix in Archive 2 HTML generator while doing ReChapter. News Maestro is a power tool for usenet that automatically performs any standard Usenet operation, as specified in various RFCs, individually, or in bulk, on any number of groups and articles, utilizing sophisticated filters to select the articles to be processed. As an automated tool to do anything you...

Using VBA to Print PDF Files
Hi: My customer has PDF spec sheets for their inventory items. When a pick ticket is printed, they wish to print the PDF spec sheets for each item on the pick tickets. I am very comfortable with the report event structure and know exactly how to get to the PDF files using VBA, but I am having a problem getting the docs printed. I've taken two approaches: 1. Drop ACROPDF.dll onto a User Form in the VBA project. To do this, I created a procedure on the form as shown: Public Sub PrintPDF(FileName As String) AcroPDF1.LoadFile (FileName) AcroPDF1.printAll PDFPrinter.Hide End Sub T...

Word Wrap in Cells
Hiya, Have a strange one. Have word wrap set to on in cell format and have text in paragraphs (using alt-ret) within the cell. Some sentences (all within the same cell)are wrapped but others aren't. Any ideas? New one on me this. Many thanks, Shaun Hi if you have lots of text in your cell (>1000 characters) this could happen -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Shawk" <shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1103641104.32476.1@demeter.uk.clara.net... > Hiya, > > Have a strange one. Have word wrap set to on in cell format and ha...

Microsoft Word/Page orientation
In a multi-page document, is it possible to change continuous pages from a page orientation of portrait to landscape and back to portrait again? I have tried this with page breaks inserted but it has not worked yet. I am using Word 2000. Thank you. you need to ask in microsoft.public.word or i could tell you the answer :-) use section breaks "KC" <mykcdog@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:521501c42ca1$4ba0e950$a501280a@phx.gbl... > In a multi-page document, is it possible to change > continuous pages from a page orientation of portrait to > landscape and ba...

Word 2010
Hi, (posting this here as well as in the 2010 beta forum - I know from experience that it is here I get the answers :-)) Are there any new possibilities to structure your templates in the File New dialog? The need is obvious when you have several hundreds of differnet templates. One good solution would be that an underlying folder structure shows in the dialog. (Like the first level in the old fileNew dialog) Another question is that even though you under Options, Advanced, File Locations set a location for "Workgroup Templates", the templates are not shown...

Publisher 2002 weird printing problem
Hi I have a weird problem when printing from Publisher 2002 to my Epson 1290 printer. Every time I print a document I get a blot of black ink printed out at the bottom of the page. It varies in size but it completely ruins the document printed. This only happens with Publisher and never with any other program, and I do a lot of printing in other programs so it makes me think its a publisher problem and not an Epson problem. Any ideas what could be causing this? Many Thanks Greg Publisher doesn't leave blots of ink on a Publication. I tried to find your printer on the Epson sit...

Word paragraph default
I can't seem to be able to change the default paragraph style. i have gone into word options, advanced and selected no spacing as default style. But it doesn't hold. Does anyone know how to fix this? If you are using Word 2007 and you want the look of Word 2003, do the following: Create a new, blank document. On the Home tab, click Change Styles | Style Set | Word 2003. Then click Change Styles | Set as Default. If/when you are prompted to save your Normal template, choose to do so. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "zoriana" <zoriana@discussion...