photos and clip art won't print

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: Power PC

Neither photos nor clip art are printing on my document.  I have them as inline as suggested on earlier help items, and have followed everything as usual - but no photos!   Help
0
conniemac

Are both Office (12.2.4) & OS X (10.4.11) fully updated? Have you checked
the printer mfr's web site for an updated driver?

Do the images display in Print Preview? How about the Quick Preview in the
Print dialog or if you click the button to view the document in Apple's
Preview app? Do they show up if tou create a PDF?

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 5/3/10 2:44 PM, in article 59bb7dbd.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"conniemac@officeformac.com" <conniemac@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC
> Neither photos nor clip art are printing on my document.  I have them as
> inline as suggested on earlier help items, and have followed everything as
> usual - but no photos!   Help

0
CyberTaz
5/3/2010 7:25:30 PM
I feel your pain on this.  I've tried and tried to explain a similar problem to support, but I keep getting a response that does not address the issue.  I am wondering if they have tried to reproduce it before replying. <br><br>Does your work have section breaks in it?  My problem arrises when I have inline images or graphs in a document with section breaks anywhere in the document.  The section breaks are not around the images.  If I take the section breaks out of the document, the problem goes away. <br><br>It is extremely annoying.  I would like to print certain pages at a time, but the images won't print unless I print the entire document or remove the section breaks.  It is really strange.  For this particular document, the section breaks are there to separate some landscape pages from some portrait pages. <br><br>Does any of this apply to your situation?  If so, try removing the section breaks and it will likely work for you.
0
mysci
5/3/2010 8:54:53 PM
Not an issue here as the OP stated the images are In Line with Text. What
you're referring to is floating images (those with some form of Text Wrap
applied). Using text wrapping effectively removes the images from the
content layer of the document & places them in the Draw layer. Sections
really don't have much to do with it unless there is some corruption.

Section breaks can corrupt & result in the graphic content within failing to
print. That would explain why removing the section breaks enabled printing
the graphics. Any time there are images in a document which contains section
breaks the breaks are "around" the images -- an image has to be in one
section or another whether it's In Line or not. If the image is In Line it
is in the same section as the line of text in which it appears. Floating
images, OTOH, can appear in one section but actually be anchored to a
paragraph in a different section. If the anchor paragraph isn't included in
the selection the graphic won't print.

Without specific insights it's difficult to speculate as to exactly what
factors may have been working against you. Objects in a linear flow of text
can be very difficult to control even when everything is going well. The
fact is, however, there are quite a few variables that can make it
exceedingly difficult to manage them. This web page along with the links at
the bottom of it may provide some useful information:

http://word.mvps.org/Mac/PagesInWord.html

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 5/3/10 4:54 PM, in article 59bb7dbd.1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"mysci@officeformac.com" <mysci@officeformac.com> wrote:

> I feel your pain on this.  I've tried and tried to explain a similar problem
> to support, but I keep getting a response that does not address the issue.  I
> am wondering if they have tried to reproduce it before replying.
>
> Does your work have section breaks in it?  My problem arrises when I have
> inline images or graphs in a document with section breaks anywhere in the
> document.  The section breaks are not around the images.  If I take the
> section breaks out of the document, the problem goes away.
>
> It is extremely annoying.  I would like to print certain pages at a time, but
> the images won't print unless I print the entire document or remove the
> section breaks.  It is really strange.  For this particular document, the
> section breaks are there to separate some landscape pages from some portrait
> pages.
>
> Does any of this apply to your situation?  If so, try removing the section
> breaks and it will likely work for you.

0
CyberTaz
5/3/2010 9:57:35 PM
> the printer mfr's web site for an updated driver? <br>
> Do the images display in Print Preview? How about the Quick Preview in the <br>
> Print dialog or if you click the button to view the document in Apple's <br>
> Preview app? Do they show up if tou create a PDF? <br>
> Regards |:>) <br>
> Bob Jones  <br>
> [MVP] Office:Mac <br>
> On 5/3/10 2:44 PM, in article 59bb7dbd.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, <br>
> &quot;conniemac@officeformac.com&quot;  wrote: <br>
> > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC <br>
> > Neither photos nor clip art are printing on my document.  I have them as <br>
> > inline as suggested on earlier help items, and have followed everything as <br>
> > usual - but no photos!   Help <br>

0
conniemac
5/3/2010 11:44:02 PM
Repair Disk Permissions using Apple's Disk Utility app & restart your Mac.
If you have further difficulties contact the printer mfr's support to see
how to go about reinstalling the printer.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 5/3/10 7:44 PM, in article 59bb7dbd.3@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"conniemac@officeformac.com" <conniemac@officeformac.com> wrote:

>> Downloaded update to printer driver.  Now I can't print at all.
>
>  Are both Office (12.2.4) & OS X (10.4.11) fully updated? Have you checked
>> the printer mfr's web site for an updated driver?
>>
>> Do the images display in Print Preview? How about the Quick Preview in the
>> Print dialog or if you click the button to view the document in Apple's
>> Preview app? Do they show up if tou create a PDF?
>>
>> Regards |:>)
>> Bob Jones
>> [MVP] Office:Mac
>>

>> On 5/3/10 2:44 PM, in article 59bb7dbd.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
>> "conniemac@officeformac.com"  wrote:
>>
>>> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC
>>> Neither photos nor clip art are printing on my document.  I have them as
>>> inline as suggested on earlier help items, and have followed everything as
>>> usual - but no photos!   Help

0
CyberTaz
5/4/2010 1:09:36 AM
Didn't we have this one last week?

That's working as designed in Word...

The pictures and graphs and things are stored in the OLE Container at the
far end of the document.

Unless your print selection contains the section break that formats the
pages concerned, the pictures won't print because they're not "there".

As Bob pointed out, a Word document file has no pages in it: the pages are
"made up" at output time.  Until the pages have been made up, Word does not
know whether any given graphic is to be printed or not.  If you print just a
range of pages, Word has not assigned the page numbers and thus, has no way
of knowing whether to print its pictures...

Hope this helps

On 4/05/10 6:54 AM, in article 59bb7dbd.1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"mysci@officeformac.com" <mysci@officeformac.com> wrote:

> I feel your pain on this.  I've tried and tried to explain a similar problem
> to support, but I keep getting a response that does not address the issue.  I
> am wondering if they have tried to reproduce it before replying.
>
> Does your work have section breaks in it?  My problem arrises when I have
> inline images or graphs in a document with section breaks anywhere in the
> document.  The section breaks are not around the images.  If I take the
> section breaks out of the document, the problem goes away.
>
> It is extremely annoying.  I would like to print certain pages at a time, but
> the images won't print unless I print the entire document or remove the
> section breaks.  It is really strange.  For this particular document, the
> section breaks are there to separate some landscape pages from some portrait
> pages.
>
> Does any of this apply to your situation?  If so, try removing the section
> breaks and it will likely work for you.

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd

John
5/4/2010 10:21:50 AM
>I did try eliminating the section breaks and then the pictures reappeared.   However, I really need the section break!  Otherwise my numbers are all thrown off.   <br><br> I feel your pain on this.  I've tried and tried to explain a similar problem to support, but I keep getting a response that does not address the issue.  I am wondering if they have tried to reproduce it before replying. <br>
> Does your work have section breaks in it?  My problem arrises when I have inline images or graphs in a document with section breaks anywhere in the document.  The section breaks are not around the images.  If I take the section breaks out of the document, the problem goes away. <br>
> It is extremely annoying.  I would like to print certain pages at a time, but the images won't print unless I print the entire document or remove the section breaks.  It is really strange.  For this particular document, the section breaks are there to separate some landscape pages from some portrait pages. <br>
> Does any of this apply to your situation?  If so, try removing the section breaks and it will likely work for you.
0
conniemac
5/4/2010 6:17:00 PM
Hi Connie:

The "Help Desk" wouldn't have a clue :-)  You have to know Word "at the bit
level" to understand what's going on here.

The key to it is that a Word document is a set of nested containers, like a
set of Russian Dolls.

All of the "pictures" are in one of the containers.  That container is below
the final section break, at the bottom of the document where you can't see
it.  If your print range does not include the final section break, Word has
no idea that a picture is required.

It's a bug in the Word design.  Once you know about it, you can work around
it.

Cheers

On 5/05/10 4:17 AM, in article 59bb7dbd.6@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"conniemac@officeformac.com" <conniemac@officeformac.com> wrote:

>> I did try eliminating the section breaks and then the pictures reappeared.
>> However, I really need the section break!  Otherwise my numbers are all
>> thrown off.
>
>  I feel your pain on this.  I've tried and tried to explain a similar problem
> to support, but I keep getting a response that does not address the issue.  I
> am wondering if they have tried to reproduce it before replying.
>>
>> Does your work have section breaks in it?  My problem arrises when I have
>> inline images or graphs in a document with section breaks anywhere in the
>> document.  The section breaks are not around the images.  If I take the
>> section breaks out of the document, the problem goes away.
>>
>> It is extremely annoying.  I would like to print certain pages at a time, but
>> the images won't print unless I print the entire document or remove the
>> section breaks.  It is really strange.  For this particular document, the
>> section breaks are there to separate some landscape pages from some portrait
>> pages.
>>
>> Does any of this apply to your situation?  If so, try removing the section
>> breaks and it will likely work for you.

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd

John
5/4/2010 9:01:04 PM
>  I feel your pain on this.  I've tried and tried to explain a similar problem to support, but I keep getting a response that does not address the issue.  I am wondering if they have tried to reproduce it before replying. <br>
> > Does your work have section breaks in it?  My problem arrises when I have inline images or graphs in a document with section breaks anywhere in the document.  The section breaks are not around the images.  If I take the section breaks out of the document, the problem goes away. <br>
> > It is extremely annoying.  I would like to print certain pages at a time, but the images won't print unless I print the entire document or remove the section breaks.  It is really strange.  For this particular document, the section breaks are there to separate some landscape pages from some portrait pages. <br>
> > Does any of this apply to your situation?  If so, try removing the section breaks and it will likely work for you.
0
mysci
5/13/2010 2:21:32 PM
My page #s were outside of the margins and it took me a while to find how to get them back inside.   One of the dangers of getting an update and not knowing what you are doing.   So far as the graphics were concerned, when I printed the entire package (with breaks)  they did re appear.   But it is a nuisance not to print sections with #s.
0
conniemac
5/13/2010 2:39:36 PM
I don't see how a screen video would help:

I know what's happening.  I know you can't do this in Word 2008.

I know it doesn't work :-)

Sorry...

On 14/05/10 12:21 AM, in article 59bb7dbd.8@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"mysci@officeformac.com" <mysci@officeformac.com> wrote:

> I understand.  I still can't seem to communicate what is going on well enough
> for support to understand.  This was never an issue in Word 2004.  It has only
> appeared in 2008.  When you removed the section breaks, were you able to print
> a page at a time with the images appearing?  I've always been able to print
> images whether or not the breaks are present.  I just have to print the entire
> document.  If I use a page range, they won't print.  Again, not an issue in
> Word 2004....
>
> Bob or John, would it be possible for me to send you screen video of the
> problem?  Perhaps that would help.
>
> Thanks
>
>>> I did try eliminating the section breaks and then the pictures reappeared.
>>> However, I really need the section break!  Otherwise my numbers are all
>>> thrown off.
>>
>>  I feel your pain on this.  I've tried and tried to explain a similar problem
>> to support, but I keep getting a response that does not address the issue.  I
>> am wondering if they have tried to reproduce it before replying.
>>>
>>> Does your work have section breaks in it?  My problem arrises when I have
>>> inline images or graphs in a document with section breaks anywhere in the
>>> document.  The section breaks are not around the images.  If I take the
>>> section breaks out of the document, the problem goes away.
>>>
>>> It is extremely annoying.  I would like to print certain pages at a time,
>>> but the images won't print unless I print the entire document or remove the
>>> section breaks.  It is really strange.  For this particular document, the
>>> section breaks are there to separate some landscape pages from some portrait
>>> pages.
>>>
>>> Does any of this apply to your situation?  If so, try removing the section
>>> breaks and it will likely work for you.

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd

John_McGhie_
5/14/2010 9:40:02 AM
> I know what's happening.  I know you can't do this in Word 2008. <br>
> I know it doesn't work :-) <br>
> Sorry... <br>
> On 14/05/10 12:21 AM, in article 59bb7dbd.8@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, <br>
> &quot;mysci@officeformac.com&quot;  wrote: <br>
> > I understand.  I still can't seem to communicate what is going on well enough <br>
> > for support to understand.  This was never an issue in Word 2004.  It has only <br>
> > appeared in 2008.  When you removed the section breaks, were you able to print <br>
> > a page at a time with the images appearing?  I've always been able to print <br>
> > images whether or not the breaks are present.  I just have to print the entire <br>
> > document.  If I use a page range, they won't print.  Again, not an issue in <br>
> > Word 2004....  <br>
> > Bob or John, would it be possible for me to send you screen video of the <br>
> > problem?  Perhaps that would help. <br>
> > Thanks  <br>
> >>  I feel your pain on this.  I've tried and tried to explain a similar problem <br>
> >> to support, but I keep getting a response that does not address the issue.  I <br>
> >> am wondering if they have tried to reproduce it before replying. <br>
>  -- <br>
> The email below is my business email -- Please do not email me about forum <br>
> matters unless I ask you to; or unless you intend to pay! <br>
> John McGhie, Microsoft MVP (Word, Mac Word), Consultant Technical Writer, <br>
> McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd <br>
> Sydney, Australia. | Ph: +61 (0)4 1209 1410 | mailto:john@mcghie.name <br>

0
mysci
5/17/2010 2:48:09 AM
No, this is not the only avenue for Word support.  But most of the others
are simply stealing content from here.

You "could" ring Microsoft and pay for a Support Consultation.  But I
wouldn't waste my money, if I were you.  If you get lucky, the Support
Person will ask us: if you don't, they will have you re-install your entire
computer.

If they ask us, we can tell them "Sorry:  Word 2008 can't do that!"

Cheers

On 17/05/10 12:48 PM, in article 59bb7dbd.11@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"mysci@officeformac.com" <mysci@officeformac.com> wrote:

> OK.  Thank-you kindly for your help.  I will drop the subject.
>
> I must say, however, this is very frustrating.  Based on your replies, it is
> absolutely clear that you and your colleges do not understand what I'm talking
> about.  Even the links you provide don't address the issue.  I don't
> understand what has changed between Office 2004 and Office 2008 that makes
> this particular issue so different?
>
> Thanks again and one last question.  Is this the only outlet for Word 2008
> support?
>
>> I don't see how a screen video would help:
>>
>> I know what's happening.  I know you can't do this in Word 2008.
>>
>> I know it doesn't work :-)
>>
>> Sorry...
>>

>> On 14/05/10 12:21 AM, in article 59bb7dbd.8@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
>> "mysci@officeformac.com"  wrote:
>>
>>> I understand.  I still can't seem to communicate what is going on well
>>> enough
>>> for support to understand.  This was never an issue in Word 2004.  It has
>>> only
>>> appeared in 2008.  When you removed the section breaks, were you able to
>>> print
>>> a page at a time with the images appearing?  I've always been able to print
>>> images whether or not the breaks are present.  I just have to print the
>>> entire
>>> document.  If I use a page range, they won't print.  Again, not an issue in
>>> Word 2004....
>>>
>>> Bob or John, would it be possible for me to send you screen video of the
>>> problem?  Perhaps that would help.
>>>
>>> Thanks

>>  --
>>
>> The email below is my business email -- Please do not email me about forum
>> matters unless I ask you to; or unless you intend to pay!
>>
>> John McGhie, Microsoft MVP (Word, Mac Word), Consultant Technical Writer,
>> McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
>> Sydney, Australia. | Ph: +61 (0)4 1209 1410 | mailto:john@mcghie.name

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd

John_McGhie_
5/17/2010 9:21:40 AM
In article <C81747C4.B79F%john@mcghie.name>,
 <John_McGhie_[MVP]@officeformac.com> wrote:

>You "could" ring Microsoft and pay for a Support Consultation.  But I
>wouldn't waste my money, if I were you.  If you get lucky, the Support
>Person will ask us: if you don't, they will have you re-install your entire
>computer.
>
>If they ask us, we can tell them "Sorry:  Word 2008 can't do that!"

John, you mentioned earlier in this thread that:

---------
All of the "pictures" are in one of the containers.  That container is below
the final section break, at the bottom of the document where you can't see
it.  If your print range does not include the final section break, Word has
no idea that a picture is required.
---------

Would it work for these folks to make a copy of the full document and
delete the pages they don't want to print EXCEPT the final page of the
document, then print from that? In other words, they would print the
pages they want plus one extra, but not have to print the whole thing.
Would retaining the final page keep the information that Word needs to
print all the pictures earlier in the document?

Short of that, I'd suggest that folks find a co-worker who's still
running Word 2004 and print the desired pages from their computer. ;-)

Patty

0
Patty
5/17/2010 3:13:25 PM
Hi Patty:

Yes, that would certainly save a lot of paper and ink.

There is a question-mark in my mind: you need to make sure you do not delete
any of the references to the pictures.

But that should work fine :-)

Cheers

On 18/05/10 1:13 AM, in article 4bf15d15$0$1619$742ec2ed@news.sonic.net,
"Patty Winter" <patty1@wintertime.com> wrote:

> In article <C81747C4.B79F%john@mcghie.name>,
>  <John_McGhie_[MVP]@officeformac.com> wrote:
>>
>> You "could" ring Microsoft and pay for a Support Consultation.  But I
>> wouldn't waste my money, if I were you.  If you get lucky, the Support
>> Person will ask us: if you don't, they will have you re-install your entire
>> computer.
>>
>> If they ask us, we can tell them "Sorry:  Word 2008 can't do that!"
>
> John, you mentioned earlier in this thread that:
>
> ---------
> All of the "pictures" are in one of the containers.  That container is below
> the final section break, at the bottom of the document where you can't see
> it.  If your print range does not include the final section break, Word has
> no idea that a picture is required.
> ---------
>
> Would it work for these folks to make a copy of the full document and
> delete the pages they don't want to print EXCEPT the final page of the
> document, then print from that? In other words, they would print the
> pages they want plus one extra, but not have to print the whole thing.
> Would retaining the final page keep the information that Word needs to
> print all the pictures earlier in the document?
>
> Short of that, I'd suggest that folks find a co-worker who's still
> running Word 2004 and print the desired pages from their computer. ;-)
>

> Patty

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd

John_McGhie_

New help with setting up printing
I am helping a friend with a 50th class reunion. I am uning a booklet style and have the middle two pages as a picutre, and a front and back cover. The pages in the middle will be class mates in alphibetical order. Not sure how to set up the pages between the cover and the center. Total of 12 pages with 1 being front 12 being back and 6 & 7 being the picture in the middle. I need to know where to start the bios on all the classmates to make them come out in order in the booklet. Thanks in advamce. What version Publisher? The catalog merge maybe your solution. Otherwise, you have 8 ...

Hide Section on Print
Hello Everyone, I modified the Account Entity to support my supplier information as well; once user selects the "Supplier" from the "Customer Type" pick list, I hide or show the needed tabs. This all works beautifully, but (there is always a BUT) when we print the form the unused sections show up. Any thoughts or suggestions would greatly appreciated on how to hide these unused sections. R/ A. Akin Hi Awakin, I don't think there is any way to modify the contents of the print page when the standard print button on a form is used. Perhaps you could use a Reporting ...

Envelope Printing
I created a card in publisher but cannot find an envelope to put it in. Is there a program that can print fold marks for a 5.5 x 4.25 card. If not, how can one effectively suggest that this feature be included in Publisher? FYI, most any Office Supply stores have envelopes the size you want. They are made especially for computer 8�"x11" (folded) cards. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "Maurice" <Maurice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8ECA654F-A727-4968-8D60-C5B6F687A989@microsoft.com... >I created a card in publis...

print userguide
Is there a way to print out the complete userguide in MoneyPlus 2009. Or is there a book on Money I can get. Thanks Duane ...

Clip Art #10
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_006F_01C41B32.65933F00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have successfully downloaded clipart from the Microsoft website for = years. All of a sudden, I select the items, press download, and it = seems to go through the download process, but the clip art does not get = to my organizer. I use Word and Publisher 2002 and I'm unable to = acquire online clipart. Suggestions? Bill ------=_NextPart_000_006F_01C41B32.65933F00 Content-Type: text/html; cha...

printing error #2
unable to print an excel document received in an e-mail, then saved to disk. Other documents saved or received from e-mails print just fine. ...

Non Printing of Cell borders
Hi I have been asked to do a small xcell spreadsheet invoice layout for a local charity To make the layout simple to use i have a border around some input cells However the charity use preprinted invoices so i dont need the cell borders printed Is there a way to keep the border onscreen and not have the cell borders printed thanks -- paul007 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ paul007's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28462 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=480793 You c...

Collections management Query letters print error
In GP I am getting an error message "A get/change first operation on table 'CN_Printer_settings' has caused an unknown error (469)" when I try to print invoices, statements, and Letters from a Query. Then when I continue I get a message that says, "A save operation on table 'CN_Printing_settings' has filled the disk" Could someone please help me fix this? Thanks, Jon ...

how do i rotate a document or print small document on envelope
i have a small document that i need to print on an envelope front how will i do this Change the paper size to the envelope size you're going to use. Click FILE in the menu and select PAGE SETUP. Click the PAPER SIZE tab and select your envelope from the PAPER SIZE drop down list. You can then either paste your document onto the envlope, or type it in. -- Kevin Backmann "crystal" wrote: > i have a small document that i need to print on an envelope front how will i > do this Sorry, I lost track of which forum I was in, and obviously you did not post this in the W...

Lotus 123 print, formula, format, ect
How can I get Excel to emulate Lotus 123 commands such as: print range, + - (formula) range, move information and calulatons. ...

Invoice print settings don't save?
I have gone through the print setup and selected the printer and a template. The problem is the template I select doesn't stay selected into the next session. How can I get the default invoice template to change? I have this same problem. Has anybody been able to figure out how to change the "default" template that is used when an invoice is printed? I don't want to have to change the selected template every session. I am using Money 2005 Small Biz. Thanks, Justin "Jon R. Helms" wrote: > I have gone through the print setup and selected the > pri...

Clip Art Gallery #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I recently Office 2008 for Mac. It has been a little buggy, but overall, it has worked great. I noticed one day when I went to open the Clip Art Gallery in Word, Excel and PowerPoint that there was a problem. I get the following error message from the Office program: ---------------------------------------------------------- Word/Excel/PowerPoint cannot launch Microsoft Clip Gallery. Microsoft Clip Gallery may not have been installed properly on your computer, or may not have enough memory available to launch Microsoft C...

Printing Journal Receipts in HQ
Hi, I am trying to print journaled transaction receipts from HQ but each time the information on the left hand side is missing. E.G. Transaction would appear as 'nsaction'. The whole left hand side is missing. I have tried both A4 printers and an Epson TM88 windows printer but same result. If anyone has any ideas or solutions I would be grateful. Thanks. ...

Help with printing gridlines
I have a wksht where I can see the gridlines, and have selected a checkmark to print out with the gridlines. However, if I do a print preview or print, the gridlines are missing in the output. I must have turned something off accidentally. Bob "The Dog Breeders List" <rltutt@earthlink.net> wrote in news:BF14336F-FD99-4635-80EA-030D2DF242D7@microsoft.com: > I have a wksht where I can see the gridlines, and have selected a > checkmark to print out with the gridlines. However, if I do a print > preview or print, the gridlines are missing in the output. I must have >...

Printing Labels in Publisher
Trying to print several labels on one page with different addresses but page only shows one label and then whole pagesprints out same address. Can anyone help ASAP since Miscrosoft wants to charge a charity $35.00 for tech support on this? You must setup a database with all your names and addresses then do a merge. Publisher has excellent help files that will walk you through the process. There are good tutorials here http://www.kvalheim.org/ -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getting_started.htm "R." <anonymous@discussions...

need help printing on a form
How do i print a list addresses that i have saved in excel on a form from like an address book. i dont know how to arrange the address name etc... manually before printing. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ It may be easiest to print the list by using Microsoft Word's Mail Merge feature to pull the data from Excel. There's information on the Word MVPs' web site: http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/ help_needed wrote: > How do i print a list addresses that i have saved in excel on a form > from like an address book. i dont know how to arrange t...

can you edit a print shop file in publisher?
Is the print shop software compatible with MS Publisher. No, it is not compatible. You could export your printshop item as an image and insert that image into Publisher, but you will only be able to edit the image as an image, you won't be able to edit text, etc. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Tthomas" <Tthomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:96D872CD-E940-4891-86F9-23F0E21CC8F2@microsoft.com... > Is the print shop softwa...

reference memory error when printing excel file
When I try to print any kind of excel file I am getting an error message ststing 0x77f853b reference memory error 0x001de4b8 memory could not be read.. This is new to me, I have used excell for a long time and haven't run into this problem until now.... Can anyone shed some light on why this might be happening?...... I am running XP and Excel 2000 ...

Problem Viewing Videos/Photos
Whenever I go to YouTube, I can never watch any videos. When I sign into my email, sometimes pictures do not appear (whether an advertisement or even recieving them in an email). When I do go to YouTube I get a message (where the video screen should be) saying "Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest flash player". I have the latest Flash Player and Java Script is turned on. Why is this still happening? "gdawilson" <gdawilson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:51AD5...

Booklet printing in Word 2007
Tearing my hair out and wasting LOTS of paper and toner in trying to print a booklet. I do NOT have a duplex printer, but I cannot seem to get the settings right for this - the pages either don't print next to each other properly, or are upside down, or in the wrong order. Can anyone point me to a GOOD tutorial where I can see what I am not doing? Word is crap at booklet printing. Instead, save your document to PDF using Word 2007's built-in converter. Then open the document in Adobe Reader v9 and use its booklet feature. It is impressively good! It is the one saving ...

Print only coloured rows of table
I am working on a table shown in the attachment as "Original table�. In this table if �Total Reqd� >0 then the Row of that particular item gets coloured by the CONDITIONAL FORMATTING formula. Is there any Formula / Macro in Excel by which when I print the original table I get only the coloured rows � As shown in �Required table after printing� Attachment filename: sample.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=557493 --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi I would do this by using the same criteria as ...

Printing problem
Hi all, I have an app that prints fine on both my test printers, but doesn't on my clients'. The problem revolves around a 2-page letter, which prints fine on my stuff but on theirs gives page 1 OK, then a blank page 2. Any suggestions as to where to start looking? Thanks. Paul. ------------------------------------------- Expressed opinions are usually my own. Especially if they're any good (of course). ------------------------------------------- NB Spam trap in e-mail address ------------------------------------------- Paul, First line defence: If you have a good elation wit...

Word does not print pages after a certain page
After page 10 of my document, there is a section break and the page numbering changes from Roman numerals to Arabic numerals. Word does not print any page beyond page 10 in this document. It does in other documents with similar characteristics. You must include the section number with the page number; see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/PrintMultipleSections.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Alphy" <Alphy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DBBB58F2-000B-465F-8BC7...

Function of Print To Slip receipt option?
Hello, I've been looking for what exactly "Print To Slip (OPOS)" on the receipt properties window in RMS Manager does, and I have yet to find an answer. Can anyone give me an explanation? Thank you. Data, If you have a slip receipt printer, it will print info on the slip receipt instead of the smaller 40 paper. Some examples of slip printers; http://tinyurl.com/rahka http://tinyurl.com/o5jbp -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not usi...