Paste hyperlink in Word

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

When I Insert > Hyperlink the dialog box pops up.  I always was able to cut and paste or drag the URL into the "Link to" box.  Now all is grayed out.  How can I cut and paste or drag to this box?
0
Ian_D_Goddard

The Menus & Toolbars are typically not available when foreground dialog
windows are open. Use the standard cut/copy/paste keystrokes:

Copy: Command+C
Cut:   Command+X
Paste: Command+V

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 4/21/10 12:11 PM, in article 59bb73c1.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"Ian_D_Goddard@officeformac.com" <Ian_D_Goddard@officeformac.com> wrote:

> When I Insert > Hyperlink the dialog box pops up.  I always was able to cut
> and paste or drag the URL into the "Link to" box.  Now all is grayed out.  How
> can I cut and paste or drag to this box?

0
CyberTaz
4/22/2010 5:48:27 AM
0
Ian_D_Goddard

Microsoft Word issue
My wife is a public HS teacher. She writes classroom material and exams in Word (Office 2003) and we have encountered a unique problem. She creates a word document of text with photos in the document (Insert / picture / from file)(the file is a .JPG file on her computer). Then she goes to print it on an HP Photosmart printer on my computer, over the network. The document prints .... but the picture is blank. Just white space where it should be, no picture. We found a workaround: Print to Adobe Acrobat PDF file (her computer has full version Acrobat installed). The pho...

Import gif to Word or PowerPoint 2004
After inserting a gif-graphic into a Word or PowerPoint-file, then saving, closing and opening the file again, I get instead of the graphic a black box. Any hints? I use MacOSX.3.4 and I just updated my office to mac-office 2004. In mac-office X I did not have this problems. Thanks Florian ...

I need to C&P a section of Excel to Word but I need to get it to fit on a standard 8.5x11!
Is there a way to make this happen? The sections that I need to C&P are all the columns are 14 wide and the rows are 40, 41,44 and 65. How do I get these to fit on the page? Marc Marc wrote: > Is there a way to make this happen? The sections that I need to C&P are all > the columns are 14 wide and the rows are 40, 41,44 and 65. How do I get > these to fit on the page? > > Marc > > Smaller font, cut margins to the minimum, print landscape Print Preview > shrink to fit, are all options just depends on how wide the fields are. It just may be to big to fit ...

Extracting hyperlinks
Hi, I have got an excel spreadsheet which has 500+ hyperlinks. I need to extract the address behind the text to be able to import the actual address into a db. e.g cell A1 has "click here" with http:/www.xyz.com behind it. I need to be able to copy the cell "click here" and paste it (special?) so that what i am pasting is http:/www.xyz.com. Paste value doesn't seem to work nor formula. Cheers Hi there Assuming that the hyperlinks are in the same column (starting in A1) the following code will place the address of the hyperlink in the cell directly to th...

Outlook 2003, Word 2007 email editor
Is it possible to use Word 2007 and the email editor in Outlook 2003? I don't think it is, however there may be a download that someone knows about. Thanls, Steve no. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging ...

directly emailing word or excel document
From either Word or Excel 2007 - File - Send as email attachment I get the error Logon Failed, you must log on to Microsoft Exchange to access your address book. I am using Windows Live Mail and have set thjis as my defalt email program ...

Dynamic Hyperlinking ?
Hi, I need to burn some files ( Word,PPTs,PDFs, etc) onto a CD. These are referenced using hyperlinks in excel. Is there a way to maintain the hyperlink while burning the CD, so that the hypelinks still work while on the the CD ?? Also, is there a way to embed Word/PDF/PPT files into an Excel Sheet and then Hyperlink it. So it all is stored in One BIG excel file . Thanks, Create a user function resulting in the path / filename of the excel sheet, and use that in your hyperlink destination. That way, if the files on CD are in the same (relative) location, it should still work after burn...

How do I set a Word doc to always print manual feed?
In Word 2003, you'd go to page setup, paper source. I can't find anything comparable in 2007. I print a lot of labels & letterhead & need this. The dialog is the same - click the arrow bottom right of the Page Setup Group on the Page Layout tab. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>&...

Toolbar Transition Word 2003 to 2007
Dear All, I'm sure this has been dealt with far too often here. I'm finding lots of bits and pieces of information all over the web on the topic, but I'd like to "ask the experts" for advice on best places to start -- and inquire about one thing I have observered so far. We're moving to Office 2007 and I'm charged with managing the transition of our macros -- not that many, but a few and worth preserving -- to the new environment. In Word 2003, we have about a half dozen toolbars, each with between 4 and 8 macros. I'm looking for the sle...

copy and paste
I have to copy and paste a bunch of stuff from my Excel spreadsheet to my Word....but I can't copy several lines without copying the grids too, or at least the words will be out of sequence....(I just want all the words, not the table setup) does anyone know how to fix this? help will be greatly appreciated, since this could help me save so much time. plz email me with replies thanks! --linda Copy the data in Excel, and paste it into Word In Word, select the table that contains the data Choose Table>Convert>Table to Text Select one of the separation options, click OK Linda w...

Inserting Photos into Excel and linking to Word.
I need to be able to upload a digital photograph to a single MS Excel worksheet and then link that photograph into a MS Word document from the Excel workbook (photo needs to be visible in both Excel and Word). The photos should all appear the same physical size when they are place into the Excel worksheet and they should appear the same physical size on the linked Word document. Can anyone describe the steps I should use to accomplish this or recommend a possible alternative? ...

Format page number in Words Document
Hi, Appreciate if you can help me here. I am trying to number my pages in my document a bit differently using the header and footer but I can't seem to get around doing it. Normally the page numbers will run concurrently in the header or footer as in page 1,2,3,4...etc But what intend to do is add page 5 (a) after page 5 and before page 6. However when I do that under the header or footer page 5 becomes page 5 (a) How do I format this under the header or footer? Thanks You will need to use the following field construction { IF { PAGE } > 5 { IF { PAGE } &...

Outlook takes long time in new message with word 2003 as editor
Good Day Urgently need help in troubleshooting a problem which is spread among many clients in which Outlook takes long time when you create or reply first message after starting outlook , our clients are windows XP with SP3 and the Microsoft office is office 2003 with SP3 , My machine suffers from this error although i have patched it to the latest updates from Microsoft update , I have Mcafee Viruscan Enterprise 8.5.0i and i have disabled access protection when outlook startes but it did not solve the problem Apprecite quick advice and any troubleshooting tips Ahmedg You mentioned e...

Importing List from Excel to Word printing labels spacing problems
When I import my mailing list from Excel to Word to print mailing labels (30 per page) my labels have large spaces between the lines. For example they look like this: John Doe P.O. Box 000 City, State, Zip And then if I have a business name before John Doe it gets cut off. Is there a way to decrease the space between the lines so it fits better? I have figured out how to do one at a time, but we have 4,000 of these to print! I would like it to look like: John Doe P.O. Box 000 City, State, Zip Thanks for any help! Sounds like a question for a Word newsgroup, not...

Menu in Word behaving oddly; items (like the entire contents of the Tools menu) disappearing...
Hey, I'd be oh-so-grateful if anyone has any idea how I could address this problem. I'm quite mystified. I'm running MS Word for X on my Mac (OS 10.4.3), and lately some odd things have begun happening. At first I was just working around them, but I've decided live my computer life too much that way (ignoring problems and hoping they go away), so thought I should look into this before it gets out of control. Items have been disappearing from the Word menu bar. That is, for instance, after I had used the "Symbols" option under the "Insert" menu one day, it di...

Hyperlinks not active
I have a 2007 worksheet where I have a column of about 250 hyperlinks. Non of them show up as hyperlinks. When I move my mouse over them they dont do anything. Is there a way I can make these cells which are valid web addresses, a working hyperlink?? Thanks CARD With your "dead" hyperlinks in column A, in B1 enter: =HYPERLINK(A1) and copy down -- Gary''s Student - gsnu2007h "Mr Crowley" wrote: > I have a 2007 worksheet where I have a column of about 250 hyperlinks. Non > of them show up as hyperlinks. When I move my mouse over them they...

hyperlinks from a list? using excel 2000
jacob Okay, I'll get right to the issue. I'm using the List feature of Data Validation in A1, with a range of names on the Z file. The list contains a name and telephone number and email address. What I'm trying to do is insert an email hyperlink in that same cell so when a List item is chosen from the drop down list, you can click on A1 to send an email address. The email hyperlink would need to change along with the name. I don't think this will work, so what about creating a clickable link in A2 that changes with ...

Hidden hyperlink within excel
Using VB6, I have created an excel spreadsheet. Some cells contain a hyperlink to TIF image files on a specific server within the LAN. When the user clicks on any one of these cells, it launches a copy of Imaging software and displays the image the hyperlink is pointing to. Is it possible to let the users view the images, like they are currently doing, without giving them direct read access to the specific location where the image files are located? I need to do this to ensure that the users do not view/access the images by any means other than clicking on the hyperlink. Also, the location of...

Word 2004 Filenames as autotext
I frequently place file names in footers using AutoText. Suddenly Word is adding "FILENAME" before my file name. There are also a grayed-out box before and after the text. So "file.doc" is now "FILENANE file.doc." How do I get Word to just add the file name without "FILENAME" and these boxes? I've been using Word since it was first introduced. Sometimes I think that this program has just become far too cumbersome. Thanks for your help. E. Volchok In article <1180564378.495744.312060@h2g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>, edvolchok@nyc.rr.com wrot...

Word: The document 'Filename' caused a serious error the last time ...
Upon opening some previously created Word 2003 documents, users on our network are receiving the message: The document 'Filename' caused a serious error the last time it was opened. Would you like to continue opening it? At which point the document can not be opened and the user is presented with the option to pull available unformatted text from the <ocument. ... or ... Word stops responding completely and you have to end-task on Word. Searching Microsoft will tell that you can remove the documents in question from the disabled list in Word. Indeed you can, but thi...

Outlook 2003 Reminder for Past Appointments
This was a follow up on a previous post about reminders in outlook. I was looking for a way to turn off reminders for all items that I added prior to the current date and time (which was truely annoying). I could not find any setting that does this in outlook if you know of one please let me know! What I ended up doing is writing some code to turn them off when the appointment is added and I have listed it below for anyone else that is annoyed by this "feature". To use it just open outlook go to tools, macro, visual basic editor and paste the code in there. You will have to allo...

how to copy and paste office 2007
new to office how do I copy and paste This works the same as in previous versions. Just select the contents, press Ctrl+C to copy and Ctrl+V to paste. For more options when pasting, use the Paste Special dialog box (click Home tab | Paste Special). -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "jamiejames" <jamiejames@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E818A730-B744-4D98-8065-9D627B41279E@microsoft.com... > new to office how do I copy and paste There are several ways, but the way I find easiest is to define the text you want to copy, press...

Merging Protected word documents.
I have 3 Protected word documents that I would like to have in 1 document. I cannot get them to keep their individual spacing ad margins when I import the documents. How can I do this? ...

How Do I Copy A List Of Filenames Into A Word Document?
I have a list of filenames in a directory and I wish to copy and paste the names of the files only into a WORD document. How do I go about this task? See the freeware Printfolders utility that you can download from my web site. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> &q...

How do i post a 200-300 assignment as a word checkpoint
My instructor wants us to send a assignment in a 200-300 word checkpoint how do i post as a checkpoint should i just use microsoft words as the checkpoint? "cap5869" <cap5869@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6F749AE-E914-4A0E-B720-B9FD90E37C72@microsoft.com... > My instructor wants us to send a assignment in a 200-300 word checkpoint > how > do i post as a checkpoint should i just use microsoft words as the > checkpoint? Either you've misunderstood, or your instructor needs to clarify what a "checkpoint" is. No such thing in an...