paragraph mark appears inside paragraph

hello, i received this document for editing and it has a paragraph mark
inside a paragraph. when i'm in normal or outline view, i only see one
paragraph, the same if i click 3 times in the margin, but still, this
paragraph mark is in the middle of the text. can anyone explain how this is
possible?
thanks

What color is it? Is it selectable? Does it disappear like the others when
you hide the non-printing characters? What about Print Layout View?

The pilcrow (�) is nothing more than another symbol character which can be
inserted just like any other. Perhaps that's the case here.

If not, my next thought would be some level of document corruption. What
happens if you select that paragraph excluding the (�) at the end, then
copy/paste into a new document?

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 1/28/10 9:25 AM, in article
BC0FF548-B7ED-4161-93CB-891273A66620@microsoft.com, "cris_shopface"
<crisshopface@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> hello, i received this document for editing and it has a paragraph mark
> inside a paragraph. when i'm in normal or outline view, i only see one
> paragraph, the same if i click 3 times in the margin, but still, this
> paragraph mark is in the middle of the text. can anyone explain how this is
> possible?
> thanks

0
CyberTaz
1/28/2010 5:52:02 PM
If neither of Bob's ideas are true, the next most likely suggestion is that
you are looking at a "Style Separator".

A Style Separator is a mind-bendingly stupid idea introduced with Word 2002
and immediately deprecated because it was such a silly idea.  It enabled you
to apply two paragraph styles to the same paragraph, in order to produce
run-in headings.

It IS a fake paragraph mark.

It was replaced with an even more stupid idea: "Linked Styles", which create
the character parts of a paragraph style as a separate style with the same
name.

So these are "fake styles".

If you manage to avoid either mechanism, your document will be a lot more
reliable.

Cheers

On 29/01/10 1:25 AM, in article
BC0FF548-B7ED-4161-93CB-891273A66620@microsoft.com, "cris_shopface"
<crisshopface@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> hello, i received this document for editing and it has a paragraph mark
> inside a paragraph. when i'm in normal or outline view, i only see one
> paragraph, the same if i click 3 times in the margin, but still, this
> paragraph mark is in the middle of the text. can anyone explain how this is
> possible?
> thanks

matters unless you intend to pay!

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
Sydney, Australia. | Ph: +61 (0)4 1209 1410
+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name

0
John

Can we have a TVF call inside a Scalar function ?
I am using the following query select 'level' = case when dbo.function1 = 1 then ( case when ( dbo.function2(dbo.function3, 1) > 0) then 3 end ) end it is showing error "Cannot find either column "dbo" or the user-defined function or aggregate dbo.function3 " dbo.function3 is TVF. so i tried with this select 'level' = case when dbo.function1 = 1 then ( case when ( dbo.function2((select * from dbo.function3), 1) > 0) then 3 end ) end then i have "Only one expression can be specified in the select list w...

Mark Cells for input data
I want to know if there is a way to mark the cells that the user need t input data, color it but I don't want to print that cells with color -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi 1) Fill the cells you want to mark with the colour you want if you have not already done so. 2) Select "File>Page Setup" and then select the "Sheet" tab. 3) Place a check mark in the box "Black and White". This setting will print the entire sheet in black and white. -- XL2002 Regards William willwest22@yahoo.com "elliot315 >" <<elliot315.1...

How Do I make fields not appear on a form or report
I have a report or form (I can use which ever one will work) that has several combo boxes to choose appropriate criteria. If a particular combo box has not been used, I do not want it to appear on the final print out. I realize the can shrink can grow only applies to text boxes not combo boxes. Can I use "is null" anywhere to make this work? I cant change these to text boxes since I am storing the value in the table not the text. Thank you. On 16 Apr 2007 13:17:35 -0700, "Lisa" <dlhenne@charter.net> wrote: >I have a report or form (I can use which ever one ...

Newsletter template color
I am using a newsletter template, in color, but would like to print color only on the front and back page. I'd like all template design on inside pages to be of a gray scale. How do I do this? Two separate publications... Or two separate print jobs. On your cover page, file, print, do your printer preferences, print current page, click no. When the print is finished, turn the page over, go to View, clear two page spread, go to page 2, print, do your printer preferences, print current page, click no. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news:/...

Why do these symbols #### appear after correcting data in a cell?
After correcting or updating informartion entered into a cell, then going to next cell, all of these appear in the previous cell instead of the information entered & saved? Jim That usually happens when the column is not wide enough to hold the information in that cell. You will get this when the cell content is a number. Post back if you need more. HTH Otto "Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:26D6FB89-3BEA-4117-86EB-4F23A0077532@microsoft.com... > After correcting or updating informartion entered into a cell, then going > to &g...

mark outgoing messages as "read'
I set up rules in Outlook 2003 to move my outgoing messages to specified folders. Works great! However, every message I send is marked "unread", forcing me to go to the Unread Mail search folder and manually mark them as read. I have accidentally marked new, incoming mail as read when performing this task. I have tried to modify the rules that move these messages to their specified folder so that they get marked as "read" but I do not see an option for that. Wilfred <wpla@hotmail.com> wrote: > I have tried to modify the rules that move these messages ...

OWA from inside the LAN
Good morning all, I have an E2K3 server with an internal IP address, and do port forwarding from a firewall/router to it from the outside world. From outside the company, I can hit http://mail.xxxx.com/exchange (my A record public address) and get into OWA after entering name/password. When I am inside the company, if I try the same exercise, I cannot get past the login prompt! It keeps popping up and never lets me into the OWA. I have also tried entering <domain>/username and that did not work either. mail.xxx.com is resolving to the external address (verified by a ping). If I try fro...

Miscellaneous words appear in Excel 2002 cells
I am working on an Excell 2002 workbook and when I put my cursor in a cell , spurious words get entered into the cell e.g. "and thee the and ...." is one example. I have cable modem and it feels like "someone" has taken control of my PC - by the way I have also noticed this hapening in MS Word but is not as bad as Excel - can some one help. thanks KK Have you enabled speech tools? Click Tools / Speech and examine your options. /i. "KK" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:061d01c39d1c$36fc85f0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I am w...

Discussion group search doesn't appear to be working
I posted a question in the Project Server group with the title "Can't add calendar exceptions for resources (vacations, etc.)" Since there doesn't appear to be an easy "Show me my submissions" option, I tried searching the Project Server group for "add calendar exceptions for resources" but search did not find my entry. Am I expecting too much? No. You are just not doing a very good search. Try "exceptions" or "calendars" and go from there. -- Trevor Rabey 0407213955 61 8 92727485 PERFECT PROJECT PLANNING www.perfect...

number formats that allow you to format the appearance of negativ.
I don't understand what it means to List two number formats that allow you to format the appearance of negative numbers using parentheses? Jasmon There are up to four parts to a format in Excel, separated by ;, so FormatForPositive;FormatForNegative;FormatForZero;FormatForText So if you want two decimals and parenthesis for negatives, you could use 0.00;(0.00);0.00 Notice you don't need one for text so I have not included it. If you miss a format type then you should still include it's separator 0.00;;0.00 Has only set a format for positive numbers and zeroes. You could...

0.947694 Look Inside And Realize That Dream ... 0.2828604
1.178199E-02 Look Inside And Realize That Dream ... 9.059644E-02 0.947694 Now Visit http://nowclickhere.bravehost.com/index.html 0.2828604 ...

name appearing in the outgoing mail
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I would like to change the way the name in each of my accounts shows up in sent emails. I have changed the account settings but the old name still shows up. Any suggestions? <br> Thanks. On 2010-05-04 16:45:26 -0400, Bila@officeformac.com said: > I would like to change the way the name in each of my accounts shows up > in sent emails. I have changed the account settings but the old name > still shows up. Any suggestions? Well if you have indeed changed the name prop...

editing while in mark-up mode
I've had a document reviewed by a friend, who marked-up her comments for my perusal. It seems the ONLY options are to accept or rejects the comments AS IS. How do I review her comments and edit the document as I wish to change things? Again, I want to be able to accept SOME of her comments, edit others, and do some of my own editing at the same time. This seems impossible, as again, the only options I can find are straight accept/reject of the ENTIRE suggestion. I would need to go through all four pages of the document, by accepting/rejecting eliminate EVERY suggestion, DE...

Formatting Marks
Using Windows XP-Pro and Office 2003 Is it possible to show/hide formatting marks in Excel? That option is available in Word, but cannot seem to find it in Excel. I have a client who has entered names and addresses in Excel to use as merge data to labels via Word. She has entered the address information as two lines in the same cell. Address is on first line, then she says she used Alt+Enter to move to a second line for city, state, and zip information. (I know!! I know!! I wish she had talked to me first, but the data base is already created.) I'd like to see the manual line...

making a paragraph bold

unknown error keeps appearing when sending email
i cant send or receive emails even though other internet services work. Bummer. Details? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, rayrye asked: | i cant send or receive emails even though other internet services | work. ...

How to create a static derived class with controls inside it
I want to create a CStatic derived class(eg. CMyStatic), which has some controls inside it. At first I want to add these controls at "CStatic::PreSubclassWindow", but if I want to create the CMyStatic programmically, error will appear. So I'm asking when should I add these controls to my class. Thank you. The way I personally got around this problem was to put my creation function in a Function by itself. override the Create method and the PreSubclassWindow methods. From the Create function set a flag that says it is being created using the create function, rather than be...

tab; line break; paragraph

Formating, paragraph marks, boxes etc, how do I get rid of them?
One day I opened up excel and it had all these marks for formating in my form. This also happened in word. How do I get rid of them? Josh: In Word, paragraph marks can be turned on/off by clicking the paragraph icon (looks like a capital P but with two, vertical strokes instead of one). I just finished wandering through Excel 2000 looking for the same icon and the only mention of the paragraph mark is related to object linking and embedding. I've also done a lot of forms in Excel and don't remember ever running into paragraph marks. Are you using OLE in the spreadsheet...

Using a 'string inside a string' test inside a formula
Hi, all. Thank you in advance for your help with this problem that has bugged me know for weeks. My problem is this: my company sells only four basic categories of items but, within each category, there can be as many as 15 variations. The product description codes in our database are cryptic and only a single digit in that long code identifies the basic category of each item. So, I have a spreadsheet with a list purchases that looks like this: Units Product Customer 5 XYZ_1_verA ABC Ltd. 3 XYZ_1_verB XYZ Inc. 19 ABC_2_verA LMN C...

How do I move a paragraph from below to above another paragraph
How do I re-position a paragraph above another? Cut and paste. or Select the whole paragraph and drag it to the new position. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "Scarlett" <Scarlett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:429061F5-8436-4A1A...

Marking addresses as preferred
Hello, Here's my structure: tblClients *ClientID .... tblAddresses *AddressID .... tblClientAddresses *ClientAddressID ClientID AddressID Preferred (y/n) I want to make sure that every client has no more than one preferred address. I've identified those with more than one preferred, and it's a small enough number that I can clean that up manually. But what about clients who have one or more addresses, but none are marked as preferred? How can I make sure that each unique client in tblClientAddresses has at least one (and preferably only one) of their addresses marked a...

See if cell value appears within a value range given by another cell.
In one column (b), have the figure of 470 In another column (a), a cell contains values containing a number, a dash and another number: "425 - 490" I need to check to determine if the number 470 is found within a range defined by a cells contents. In this case, yes, it's equal to or between them. (The dash may or may not have spaces around it. ..could be 425-490, or 425 - 490.) The column (b) item can be the 425, or the 490 and any number in between. Need to do a vlookup to find if the 470 is present in any of the assorted ranges contained in column (a). Thank...

MO Picklist
We have a situation where an MO was entered and released for 100 units. A few days later, the MO was changed to Open, and the qty changed to 200 units. The MO was rescheduled, the picklist rebuilt and the MO was released again. When we go back and look at the picklist, we notice that one component appears twice on it, once for the qty required to build 200 units, and again for the qty required for 100 units. This only happened for 1 component, the other components appear only once, with the qty for 200 units. Has anything similar ever happened to anyone? Do you know of a situation that...

Can only set devices for push when inside network
We are testing the push technology and comparing for use in our company along side (or as eventual replacement) to our Blackberry system. We are using Cingular 8125s with the latest firmware. We have f5 load balanced front-end servers connecting to back end Exchange 2003, all running SP2 etc. The issue we have is enabling the push technology on the devices. If we set them to use our front-end servers, they can pull just fine but will not give the "would you like to turn on as items arive.." message. Only when we take a phone and connect it internally and set it to talk di...