Office 2007 Word will not save

Running office 2007 but it will now not save any Word document created using
save or save as, this is on a Vista os . I have tried uninstalling
defragmenting and reinstalling but issue continues, error report is as
follows. Please help as I cant do any work now.
Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    WINWORD.EXE
  Application Version:    12.0.4518.1014
  Application Timestamp:    45428028
  Fault Module Name:    unknown
  Fault Module Version:    0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:    00000000
  Exception Code:    c0000005
  Exception Offset:    00000001
  OS Version:    6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
  Locale ID:    2057

Additional information about the problem:
  LCID:    1033
  Brand:    Office12Crash
  skulcid:    1033

Well, you've posted to the group for Mac Word so for more help you really
should post to one of the Word for Windows groups. The one thing I can tell
from your error report, though, is that your installation of Word/Office is
seriously in need of updates -- 12.0.x goes back roughly 2 years, so it's
understandable that it would crash in Vista.

You'll find the Windows groups here;

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/FlyoutOverview.mspx

Good Luck |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 1/23/10 1:38 PM, in article
AB93D9C2-7FC8-4615-AE36-DF98C0E8FC39@microsoft.com, "AL41538"
<AL41538@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Running office 2007 but it will now not save any Word document created using
> save or save as, this is on a Vista os . I have tried uninstalling
> defragmenting and reinstalling but issue continues, error report is as
> follows. Please help as I cant do any work now.
> Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
>   Application Name:    WINWORD.EXE
>   Application Version:    12.0.4518.1014
>   Application Timestamp:    45428028
>   Fault Module Name:    unknown
>   Fault Module Version:    0.0.0.0
>   Fault Module Timestamp:    00000000
>   Exception Code:    c0000005
>   Exception Offset:    00000001
>   OS Version:    6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
>   Locale ID:    2057
>
> Additional information about the problem:
>   LCID:    1033
>   Brand:    Office12Crash
>   skulcid:    1033

0
CyberTaz

Accessing Windows Office Templates
There are some very nice templates at the Windows Office Template Gallery. I would like to download (mostly Word, but a few Excel) some of these templates, but the format comes out with a ".cab" extension that Office v.X doesn't understand. Is there any way to get these templates? Unfortunately, they make the Mac template archive look very weak. TIA Len Hi Len, Microsoft has a Mac template download page: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/resources/templates.aspx?pid=templates There's a link to the on-line gallery on that page. It looks like a newly re-designed gallery to m...

[ANN] Office 11.3.8 update

punblisher and word prcoessing software
can publisher be used as word processing sofware? Not very successfully, it's a desktop publishing program. If you don't have the $, download and install OpenOffice. OpenOffice Writer is an excellent word processor — very similar to MS Word. "shelagh" <shelagh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:834CE68F-4492-466A-91DC-694F807C578C@microsoft.com... > can publisher be used as word processing sofware? It *could* but it's not the best tool for that job. Specifically what do you want to do? -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask...

Errors saving to network drive

OWA. CA's. and Exchange 2007

Office 2007 forms

Outlook 2007 addresses
How can I find the list of addresses I have sent emails to? When you start a new email you can put a letter in the To line and list will come up. Where is that list? How can I print it out? Thanks Matt that is the autocomplete cache. You would need a utility to print it out. http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20040621.htm http://www.slipstick.com/problems/nicknamecache.asp -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Out...

Outlook 2007 Install gone wrong

office don't remember to Provide feedback with sound
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3346246767_13130669 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Has any body else have this problem? Every time I start an office 2008 application I have to mark the �provide feedback with sound� in the preferences again. Office apps mysteriously uncheck this option on their own. I remember this from 2004 and from X as well. Any one have any clue to why this is happening? Please Cc the answ...

Office installation and Windows 7

Saving toolbar changes

Mail will not Send/Receive automatically
I have outlook set up to send/receive every minute but it suddenly stopped doing so. Anyone have ideas why? Robin Several. For starters, a one minute polling interval is just nuts. It is difficult to determine why automatic polling is failing when you do not post your mail account type, connection type and polling settings. If automatic polling once worked and now fails, you also need to examine what changes were made to your setup before automatic polling stopped working. In general, here are the reasons automatic polling might fail in Outlook: 1. You have created an unrealistic po...

Excel 2007 PC damages Mac Excel 2008 Files

Publisher can not save file

Saving #5
Is there a way of speeding up saves in excel or a way to condense the size of a workbook. Jason, This link can help with the size issue... http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlfaqApp.html#Unused Item 2d is the one you want. Regards, Jim Cone San Francisco, USA "Jason Zischke" <JasonZischke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18CCEA1F-2479-4ED9-A5F6-21B781D0F403@microsoft.com... > Is there a way of speeding up saves in excel or a way to condense the size of > a workbook. ...

Word 2004 and kyocera printer issue
Hi, I am running a fully patched MAC OSX.4 machine with Office 2004 fully patched. I have installed the latest Kyocera OS X English 10.2 drivers from the kyocera website, for KM7530 model. The driver installs a job accounting feature in the printing presets for that particular printer. The function will work fine for every program other than word, word will not allow you the option to enter a pin code. all the features seem to be greyed out. If i reinstall and go immediately to anotherr program such as Eudora or Firefox or even Excel I can enter and lock the pin number in and it will print...

Are Office XP fonts freeware?
I want to learn about copyright issue of "Office XP standart fonts" or any web address explains. Can i use one, in logo design? serdar wrote: > I want to learn about copyright issue of "Office XP standart fonts" or any > web address explains. Can i use one, in logo design? > > Why is this an Excel question? If you look at the fonts in the Windows fonts directory, usually c:\windows\fonts, you'll see that most of them are copyrighted. I suggest you do a Google or other search for freeware fonts. You should find some items that way. That said, yo...