number of lines on a word document

I want to produce a long, double-spaced document with the same number of lines on each page, not one that flips to a new page if the end paragraph is too large to fit. Can anyone help?
0
mark_southworth

Maintaining a constant number of lines per page is dependent on at least 2
factors:

1- Using the same font & font size throughout, &

2- Turning off Widow/Orphan control in Format> Paragraph - Line & Page
Breaks.

Due to the proportional spacing considerations of modern word processing --
which is more closely akin to typesetting than typewriting -- lines per page
is a little more difficult to control. Observing those 2 constraints should
point you in the right direction.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 3/21/10 12:00 PM, in article 59bb5a77.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"mark_southworth@officeformac.com" <mark_southworth@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I want to produce a long,
> double-spaced document with the same number of lines on each page, not one
> that flips to a new page if the end paragraph is too large to fit. Can anyone
> help?

0
CyberTaz
3/21/2010 5:23:16 PM
Hi Mark:

The short answer is "No."  Word processors are designed and engineered to
avoid this :-)  Use TextEdit or TextWrangler if you want ASCII documents.

As Bob suggests, you will be fighting Word every line of the way to do this,
because it is designed to avoid it.

Cheers

On 22/03/10 3:00 AM, in article 59bb5a77.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"mark_southworth@officeformac.com" <mark_southworth@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I want to produce a long,
> double-spaced document with the same number of lines on each page, not one
> that flips to a new page if the end paragraph is too large to fit. Can anyone
> help?

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd

John

Report showing ID numbers only
I have tables set up, linked properly, forms, etc. Since I did forms and subforms, I had to create separate tables and link them, so I used a primary key ID in the tables. So far my database shows it is working - when information is entered into the form, it shows up in the correct tables and all that, but since I used all these primary keys, the tables just have a bunch of the numbers that pertain to what was input rather than actual words. I created a query with the fields that I want shown in the report, and I created the report and when I run it it shows up the correct fields I want...

Excel 2003 random number generator
Hi, I'm using Excel 2003 to do some actuarial work. I notice that if a very large number of random number is generated(say 10000), and the spreadsheet is run by Macro for a large number of times(say 1000), sometimes, Excel 2003 will generate some negative random numbers, which is nonsense. Some of my friends told me earlier versions of Excel didn't have that problem. I'm sort of wondering what is going on with Excel 2003 random number generator and if Microsoft is going to develop a update to fix this problem. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Mic...

Is Word Converter Compatible with Server 2008??????
We have tried to install the word converter (so 2003 word can read and save 2008 documents). When you try to open a 2007 document, we get the error " There was an error opening file" We have tried on a production server and also test server had have the same results. Uninstall and reinstall several times and . Run as Administrator, everything but no luck. Everything is up-to-date with the lates service packs. We would install Office 2007, but the clients app that does merge to word is not compatible with Word 2007. Is the word converter compatible with Serv...

Unable to use Word as email editor with outlook 2003 and exchange server
I am Unable to use Word as email editor with outlook 2003 and exchange server. Does anyone have a reason for this and/or a work-around so that I can use MS Word as the email editor. I have reviewed the knowledge base and cannot find a solution. Please help. Thanks, HR HR <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am Unable to use Word as email editor with outlook 2003 > and exchange server. Define "unable". What happens when you try. What version of Word? -- Brian Tillman ...

Paste into "Advanced Find" "search for the words:" field????
Am I doing something wrong, or did microsoft really disable the ability to paste into the "search for the words:" field? You can paste into the email address fields, but that is it. I'm trying to search emails for a specific numeric string, and I don't want to have to type a 30 character number from an email when I could easily copy and paste it. Am I doing something wrong or are they really that stupid??? Thanks! Mick Does CTRL V work for you "Mick" <MickBurkellc@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1121234980.931014.46200@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... >...

Fixed Number of Columns
After manipulating data in Excel I would like to copy and paste the data in a text editor. The data should be in fixed format, for example integer numbers should end in columns with multiples of 5. The text is then used as input to an old fashioned program which requires that the data be aligned I changed the font in Excel to Courrier New and then selected a column width of 5. When I copy the data to a text editor it copies some tab marks and the columns do not align. How can I make things align in the text editor? Vino, You can use a macro: copy the code below, then paste into a module...

How do I delete chart superimposed on Excel document?
Created Excel document. Print preview did not show gridlines. In attempting to get gridlines, somehow got into charts. A chart was created and is superimposed on original document. How do I get rid of the chart? How do I get gridlines on to original document? Oz Right-click on the chart and Edit>Clear>All To print gridlines.................File>Page Setup>Sheet Check "gridlines" and uncheck "draft quality". Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 4 Aug 2006 14:27:01 -0700, Oz Osborn <Oz Osborn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Created Excel docume...

format numbers in hexadecimal
I'd like to display numbers in hexadecimal and still be able t calculate with them. DEC2HEX() and HEX2DEC() are available as functions (I think they're i the Analysis ToolPak) but I'd rather avoid adding these to ever calculation. That is, for example, I don't want to have to change every formula "=A1+A2" to "=dec2hex(hex2dec(A1)+hex2dex(A2))". Any idea how to add "Hex" as another numeric format choice, so tha numbers are displayed directly in hex -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com stan_shepherd wrote... >I'd like to ...

Picking Random Numbers
I have been tasked with coming up with a form that will automatically assign a random number to an individual with the click of a button. The number is 7 digits in length. Each element of the number can range from 1 to 9. Something simular to a lottery number picker. Does anyone have any sample code that I can refer to? Thanks in advance! Dwight Function GenerateRandomNumber() As String Dim lngLoop As Long Dim strResult As String Randomize For lngLoop = 1 To 7 strResult = strResult & Format((Int(9 * Rnd) + 1), "0") Next lngLoop GenerateRandomNumber = strResu...

Embedding Word table in Excel cell
Is there any way in which I can embed a small MS Word table in an Excel cell? Thanks. -- Larry Lester Copy / paste as a picture. Pictures can always be re-sized and re-positioned -- Gary's Student "Larry Lester" wrote: > Is there any way in which I can embed a small MS Word table in an Excel cell? > Thanks. > -- > Larry Lester Gary's reply works for pasting the table in as a graphic object _on_ an XL sheet, but you cannot paste a graphic into a cell as cell content. If you simply Paste to a cell, the corresponding number of cells will be filled with th...

how to find numbers that give another number
hi all. I need to make a macro which look up a column of an excel paper and find the numbers that once summed give the number in cell b5 for example!!they could be 2 or 3 ..or 4..and so on!! You would need the solver http://tinyurl.com/4doog example -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom http://nwexcelsolutions.com "Rossella" <rossy77@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1145464775.044405.243700@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com... > hi all. > I need to make a macro which look up a column of an excel paper and > find the numbers that once summed give the number in ce...

can not accses my email i get Error Number: 0x800CCC32
Unable to poll for new messages on your HTTP server. Account: 'Hotmail', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs /hotmail/httpmail.asp', Protocol: HTTPMail, Server Response: 'Authorization Required', Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC32 abe <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Unable to poll for new messages on your HTTP server. > Account: 'Hotmail', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs > /hotmail/httpmail.asp', Protocol: HTTPMail, Server > Response: 'Authorization Required', Port: 0, Secure(SSL): ...

word freezes periodically when i am tracking changes, using endnote and inserting pictures from file
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel word freezes periodically when i am tracking changes and using endnote and when i am inserting pictures from file. i seem to have no other options but force quit then i get lots of recovered documents. i am doing doctoral study so my documents have endnote field notes and changes highlighted. <br><br>inserting pictures from file into a word document causes instant hanging. Judging from the array of causes you're listing I believe there may be several things that need to be addressed. Sinc...

Word 2008: PDF as icon?
Hi all, I've a quite particular issue with Word:mac 2008: I have to attach to a document a PDF file as icon. I go into Insert -> Object -> From File and I select my .pdf using the check on "Display as icon". After clicking "Ok" I get a window where I have to choose the page I want to insert and then it doesn't put the icon, but it copies the page in the Word document as image! Does anyone have a clue? I want it displayed as an icon. Thanks and regards. Sorry: Word 2008 can insert only Office files as icons. Use Help>Send feedback to tell Microsoft you...

ReInstallation of Outlook Client off line version on Vista Office 2007 Version 3.0vc
Has anybody successfully managed to achieve this as i need to add a new user to a vista machine which already has a CRM offline user attached. http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/deploy/removeclient.mspx Following the above link i know works fine for XP and 2003, but as things have changed in 2007 the above i am sure would not work with the new SQL Database that is installed with Vista and Outlook 2007. Any ideas. ...

Exporting As Text with X Number of Spaces Between Data
Is there a way to export data in a MS Excel spreadsheet as text and define the amount of spaces between the data being exported? The number of spaces need to vary. This concept is the opposite of importing text as "Fixed Width" and creating column break lines. Instead, I'd like to export columns into a text file and specify the amount of spaces between the text that is being exported from each column. The amount spaces in the text file needs to be different between each set of column data. Thanks! One way: Say you have 5 columns, and you want 2 spaces between A &...

outlook 2003 / word 2000 conflick
I just installed outlook 2003 and now my office 2000 professional does not work with email. in options it only list word 2003 how do I get word 2000 to work with the new 2003 out look? You can't. Outlook and Word need to be the same version for this. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Bill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07e301c47470$18cc2e10$7d02280a@phx.gbl... >I just installed outlook 200...

Moving average trend line
When graphing, does a moving average trend line give equal weight to all data within the trend period (30 days in my case) or does the more recent data have greater weight (significance)? If the latter, do you know the weighting function? Thanks, Don Culp no weighting is done. Don Culp wrote: > When graphing, does a moving average trend line give equal weight to all > data within the trend period (30 days in my case) or does the more recent > data have greater weight (significance)? If the latter, do you know the > weighting function? > > Thanks, > Don Culp ...

"Disappearing" lines of text in Word docs
I've noticed a really unusual intermittent bug in my version of MS Word. Suppose there are two consecutive lines of text in my document, Line A and Line B. I want to insert a new line between Lines A & B, so I position the cursor in between them and hit return (not highlighting Line B beforehand, because I'm not trying to get rid of it). When I do so, Line B seems to disappear, with the cursor (and empty line in front of it) taking the place of Line B. However, when I hit "page up" or "page down", Line B reappears. Anyone know why this might ...

when i import a file into a Word it adopts different formatting
When importing a file the document adopts odd formatting. For example - paragraphs suddenly appear in bold - alignment changes etc. It does not adopt the format of the original document. I know that I could use Format Painter to correct this - but the documents are often very long and it is too time consuming to do so. Which styles are applied to the inserted text? Modify those styles in the target document. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP (Message posted via NNTP) "Chelbo" <Chelbo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DDEBA41C-0657-4...

Open New Visio Drawing using VBA in Word?
Hi, We're creating new Word 2007 templates, and some of them require flowchart functionality from Visio. Our goal is to create a macro within the Word template to call Visio, open a new drawing and have a custom stencil set open for users to use. Users would then open create their flowchart/diagram in Visio, and it would update automatically into the Word template when Visio is closed. I'm using the following code to start Visio, however I'm stuck on where to go from there: Sub Visio() Shell "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\VISIO.exe", vbN...

join two documents
How do I join two files (12 pages one, 10 the other) so that I have only one document of 22 pages? Open both files (run Publisher twice) then cut or copy from one and paste to the other. -- Don Vancouver, USA "MARCO" <MARCO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:374A07F4-58E0-4A58-88DF-6B5FCC58435B@microsoft.com... > How do I join two files (12 pages one, 10 the other) so that I have only one > document of 22 pages? ...

Adding the path and filename to all Excel documents automatically.
The organziation I work for requires that certain information, especially the path and filename, appear in the footer of all documents. I have been able to set this up in Word but I'm stuck as to how to do it in Excel. Any suggestions would be appreciated. --------------- Tykhung. Tykhung, Unless you have excel 2002 or later I think you need a macro, see here http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/pathname.htm#footer If you have not used macros http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm The first link also has a link to the 2002 instructions but here it is anyway http://sup...

Finding X- & Y-intercepts of lines crossing curves
I created some charts with multiple data series by specifying certain points on the curves. THe series are displayed as lines. Now I want to draw (or specify the Y coordinates of) a horizontal line on the chart, & have Excel tell me the X intercepts where the horizontal line crosses each curve. Ditto for drawing a vertical line & reading Y intercepts Any ideas Thanks!! Hi Dale, Maybe you adapt my example of intersections. http://www.andypope.info/charts/intersection.htm Cheers Andy Dale wrote: > I created some charts with multiple data series by specifying certain points on...

Quit Word 2008 in Snow Leopard time ?
I've noticed since upgrading to Snow Leopard that when I quit Word 2008 it takes a long time, as it always had, but now the Menu Bar changes so on the "left" end there is just the Apple icon and then a Script icon next to it (where the running application title is normally). Is this normal or should I go on a search for answers to this and perhaps other yet to see problems? Thanks for any tips. -- Norm Hi Norm: What that means is that Word is exiting and clearing its icons from the menu bar, then the system is cleaning up a bit later. The system owns t...