Notebook Layout - Shrinking Notebook Lines

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

Is there any way to shrink the notebook lines?  I'm trying to save pages when printing my document, but the width of the notebook lines create gaps.  Changing to single spaced does not solve the problem.  Any suggestions?
0
at_darnauer

Line Spacing
I am a novice in Access. I have a report that has two lines for a description. The report provides an additional line for the second line of the description in the record. Sometimes, however I only need to use one line, and not the second one. How can I get the report to not provide for the second description line if this field is blank? Thank you for your help. Check Access HELP for the CanGrow and CanShrink properties for that second control on your report. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services ...

Dynamic Labels for Line Charts
I am monitoring several processes in which I am using line charts with date range on x axis and percentage on y axis. I have be asked to annotate process improvements by date, and to update the charts on a quarterly basis. I am now using chart text boxes and arrows. This is a tedious process and quite prone to mistakes. Is there a way to have these events update automatically each quarter, shifting left on the chart with each subsiquent quarter? Thanks for any advice. SRR Probably the easiest way to do this is to select the series, then the first point after a change. Press Ctrl+1 to format...

Line of credit
I'm looking for a loan calculator for a line of credit where the payment may vary and the # of months is dependent on the balance of the loan. Excel? It's a simple formula. "Rick Hanson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:a35801c43500$89af84b0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I'm looking for a loan calculator for a line of credit > where the payment may vary and the # of months is > dependent on the balance of the loan. I have made up my own for something similiar in Excel, which is basically a calculator for any formula(s) you can dr...

Radar chart with Area and Lines
How can I make a radar chart that shows the area filled in to plot "actual numbers" and use lines to plot "goal numbers". I want series 1 to show as the area filled and my series 2 to show as lines in a radar chart. Hi, Set the Area to None. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "CrownEquip-Jen" <CrownEquipJen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D3C76DAB-0DCB-4813-AAFD-BE52FB229960@microsoft.com... > How can I make a radar chart that shows the area filled in to plot "actual &...

Printing Graphs with drawing lines added
I have a graph and I have used the drawing line to add a target. It looks fine on the screen but when I do a print preview or print the line goes away. I have another graph with the same type of drawing line but it will print. I need to know what to do to get the drawing line that is overlayed on the chart to print like my other chart. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Instead of drawing a line, you can follow Jon Peltier's instructions to add a line to a chart: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ComboCharts.html#AddLine For your existing lines, it sounds...

Line appearing when Save As graphics file
I am creating some web logos with Publisher 2003. When I am complete I save the file as a jpeg, gif and tif. When I insert these files into my document a border line along the left side appears. I have not inserted this line...it appears on it's own. The line does not show when printing direct from publisher nor does it show when view the graphic file in a viewer...just when printing or inserting. Any help would be appricated. Thanks, MIKE Open the image in an editing program and crop the line out. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news:/...

programming 33 tabs with 1 chart on each, 9 series lines per chart
Hello, I'm a VBA beginner and I've tried the macro recording but it uses the activesheet. The examples I've found use named and/or contiguous ranges. They are not specific enough or too complicated, using arrays. Even though there is more code by explicitly programming, it is very clear. In an open workbook, Beginning at Sheet4 I need to add 33 tabs, name each tab create a line chart, no markers, on each tab insert 9 series with different colours, preferably specify dashes/dots, thickness etc. specify the data range for series each as six not contiguous cells ...

Publisher text box mail merge breaks up words at line end.
Words are broken up when lines end after a text box mail merge. I have formatted it to auto fit, text wrap, but I can't keep the words together. Can anyone help? Can you make the text box larger? Or the font smaller? What program are you using for your data? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "ElGuyo" <ElGuyo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9574EB6-998F-4B36-8E06-63D880CB1389@microsoft.com... > Words are broken up when lines end after a text box mail merge. I have > format...

Make a text box expand or shrink based on size of the value
I am working on a report in design view. Is there a way to have a text box get longer or shrink according to the value? For example, one of the headers is "Operations" while another header is "Resource Integration." ***Since the text box has a blue fill, there will be empty space within the text box if I make it large enough to fit the longest word. Therefore, I want the text box to expand or shrink as necessary. Any input is appreciated. Thanks! Glen Set the 'Can Grow' property to Yes. -- Build a little, test a little. "*G...

How to shrink UML Class diagram?
Hi, I just want to print a UML diagram with class names only. How to shrink the Class box to just one row containing only the class name? thanks, -Kay ...

Command LIne access
I would like to start access from the scheduler. To that end I have created a bat file that starts access with the /x option. (execute a macro) My macro has been coded to run a function called update. The function update calls the procedure that I want to run. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to find the procedure. I have double checked all spellings. What it does is start access and goes to the module screen with the first module highlighted. Unfortunately, my procedure is in the fourth module, as is the function exercised by the macro. Any help would be appreciated. Hi, Ric...

office xp excel drawn line gone
I recently deployed a new pc to a user. Previously they used Office 2000 these new pcs have Office XP pro of them. Anyhow there are numerous files on the network that when they're opened are missing a hand drawn line from the chart. You can click in the general area where the line should be and highlight it, change its properties (color, size, etc.) but it won't appear on the screen or when printed. If you copy this exact same file from the network and place it on the machine locally. When you open it everything appears as it should. The line is present and the chart prints...

How do I delete the line between 2 cells and merge them into one .
Please someone respond I have two cells thatsay the same thing and I can't figure out how to get rid of the line inbetween them Eric Not sure what your needs are. Two cells side by side? Two cells one above the other? Two cells far apart? What is a "line"? A row or column? Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 10:43:05 -0700, "Eric" <Eric @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Please someone respond I have two cells thatsay the same thing and I can't >figure out how to get rid of the line inbetween them Just guessing what you want here: ...

Positioning sahpes against a point in a line chart
I would like to position a "call out" to a specific point on a chart. Hi Thony, Your post is a little short on detail. How about adding an additional data series to the chart for that specific point. Then you could use the data label to hold your call out info. If this make no sense to you or is wide of the mark then post back with more info ;} Thony wrote: > I would like to position a "call out" to a specific point on a chart. > -- Cheers Andy http://www.andypope.info Thks andy. applogize about the short posting. I've been trying to get the coordin...

Line spacing an email in Outlook 2007
Hi, I have read a lot of the posted discussions regarding line spacing in an email, however, I'd like to get confrimation on this, if possible. When one of our users creates a new email message in Outlook 2007, (Vista operating system) the line spacing seems to be 1.5. We have already checked the normal templates for Word, as well as Outlook, to make sure spacing is set to single; and have also verified that the Normal style in his message is set to single. From what I've been reading, it seems the only solution is to use "Exactly" a specified point size to correct t...

Seasonal Trend Lines
Hi All, I can add lots of different trend lines to my Excel charts... except one... I need to reflect seasonal fluctuations, so that whilst during the summer months work levels tend to fall, the overall trend of the business is increasing & I'd like to see a trend line showing the future expected growth, but which still shows a drop-off during the summer. Is this possible with a trend line, or do I need to use a function to create the trend figures & then chart them? Thanks in advance for your help Regards Colin Foster Hi Colin, I'm assuming that you are using an XYs...

gift certificate layout like a dollar bill #2
Trying to find a gift certificate layout like a 25 dollar bill that I can add a URL to. ...

Line Graph Data Recognition
I have an array (about 15 x 15) with years 1990-2003 along the top that is missing data in some years, i.e. one series begins at 1990 and goes to 2000 while other series begin in 1998 and goes to 2003. The array content is in number format to the first decimal place, e.g. 14.1. These values were originally created by a formula and were in ratio format, e.g. 0.141, but I converted them by multiplying them by 100 and then removed the fomula by the "copying and paste value" command. When line graphing the array using the ratio values, the image turns out as anticipated, i.e. th...

Line chart
Hi, everybody, I have just found this newsgroup and I wonder if anyone could help me with a problem that has suddenly turned up: I run Excel in an Office97 package on a Win98 system computer. I have a workbook that has one column for consecutive calendar dates and another column, among others, with a "Weight" entry for each day. After each line containing an entry in these two columns there are several more lines following with various values for that day but with both the "Date" and the "Weight" column cells empty. If anybody guessed, BTW, that this project cou...

cut-trim lines?
hello i need to know how do i insert cut trim lines in my business card template in publisher 2007? i follow the instructions here http://www.greatfxbusinesscards.com/publisher.htm but the lines wont appear, i need to make business cards in publisher to upload the design to vistaprint.com . can someone help me please? im new at this. thanks -- judy judy wrote: > i need to know how do i insert cut trim lines in my business card template > in publisher 2007? Draw a rectangle around the edge of the business card. Set the fill to None and the border as thin as you like, and possi...

Control lines
Hello All, I am trying to draw a visio diagram from the backend data in my c# app.. and did that perfectly. But, unfortunately I could not control the lines.. How can I make no two lines merge parallelly and vertically? Thank you. consider : File => page setup => layout and routing => line jumps al "kishan" <kishan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:198BACAE-2F2C-4368-A39E-1299A3B98BBA@microsoft.com... > Hello All, > > I am trying to draw a visio diagram from the backend data in my c# app.. > and > did that perfectly. > > ...

Page displaying in design view, but layout view shows blank screen
I have a multi-page form where each page displays a different subform, for a total of 10 pages. This is a database/form setup that has worked for years, but now I've encountered a strange issue in Access 2007. 9 of the 10 pages display with no problems; one page however comes up blank. If I look at the design view for just that page, it displays correctly, but the layout view gives me just a blank white screen/page. If I look at the page from within the main form, it displays correctly in design view, but when switching to layout view, the rest of the form displays correc...

Blue Lines > quoting/replying
Hi All, I am trying to reply to emails and I setup Outlook 2003 to reply with a prefix mark but I just get a blue line? Do I set this up under Tools, Email Options? Do I need to do anything different, should I use plain text or html? I don't see a difference if I switch them. THX the blue line is the quote identifier for HTML. The other options are for plain text. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook...

Removal of extra blank lines.
How do I stop the extra blank lines being inserted into an outgoing email message. It depends on which lines you are referring to and which version of Outlook you are using. For Outlook 2007, the email could show up as double spaced at some receiving mail clients which do not support or strip embedded css. To be absolutely sure that there won't be any additional space between the lines at the side of the receiver, either use SHIFT+ENTER instead of ENTER when going to a new line or use Plain Text. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outloo...

when I changed the time scale on excel chart the lines on the lin.
When I changed the category axis to show just four digit years over a span of ten years the lines on the line graph disappeared. Can someone pleas help me Thanks ...