MS Word file extension changed through e-mail

MS Word .docx files sent as attachments are received without the x, as
a .doc instead.  The same is true for MS Excel .xlsx changed to .xls
0
jaf123

Speak firmly to whoever set up the email system.

They have not applied their updates.  When the file goes through, it is
being recognised as a Microsoft Word file, but the extension is being
wrongly changed.

Some free-mail web services have a bad habit of doing this.

It's not a Word problem, the change is being made either by the sending
email program or the receiving email program.

Cheers

On 24/02/10 2:32 PM, in article
2e082f56-e706-45aa-9a59-529ef13ced72@a16g2000pre.googlegroups.com, "jaf123"
<jfuoco@thayer.org> wrote:

> MS Word .docx files sent as attachments are received without the x, as
> a .doc instead.  The same is true for MS Excel .xlsx changed to .xls

matters unless you intend to pay!

 --

John McGhie, Microsoft MVP (Word, Mac Word); Consultant Technical Writer,
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd, Sydney, Australia.

0
John

removing replicated table information from MS Office Access 2003
I have a tool that exports .xml files which are then imported into a table. If I import the file without any replicated information (ie. s_ColLineage, etc) how would this affect the database? Is it safe to do this? Would I be better off just making the tables not replicable? Thanks On Tue, 4 Mar 2008 03:33:07 -0800, DukeJon <DukeJon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Assuming your Access database does not need replicating, yes, it is safe to omit those fields during import. -Tom. >I have a tool that exports .xml files which are then imported into a table. >If I import the f...

MS Money 95 data files

Recieve Mail Before Sending

New Disk storage

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

cant start outlook pst file to large

Where is the workspace file stored?

Mail lMerge

Grammar check not working

opening .bak file

how do i change colour of scroll bar in worksheet
I find it very difficult to see the scroll bar in my excel workshhet as they are white, can they be changed to a colour and if so how ? Are the scrollbars white in other applications? In win98, I could change some display settings, but I couldn't change the scrollbar colors. But if the scrollbars aren't white in other applications, then this can't be the solution. Jayne wrote: > > I find it very difficult to see the scroll bar in my excel workshhet as they > are white, can they be changed to a colour and if so how ? -- Dave Peterson In word they are, but not on a...

Trying to read XML file into dataset