MS Word file extension changed through e-mail

MS Word .docx files sent as attachments are received without the x, as
a .doc instead.  The same is true for MS Excel .xlsx changed to .xls
0
jaf123

Speak firmly to whoever set up the email system.

They have not applied their updates.  When the file goes through, it is
being recognised as a Microsoft Word file, but the extension is being
wrongly changed.

Some free-mail web services have a bad habit of doing this.

It's not a Word problem, the change is being made either by the sending
email program or the receiving email program.

Cheers

On 24/02/10 2:32 PM, in article
2e082f56-e706-45aa-9a59-529ef13ced72@a16g2000pre.googlegroups.com, "jaf123"
<jfuoco@thayer.org> wrote:

> MS Word .docx files sent as attachments are received without the x, as
> a .doc instead.  The same is true for MS Excel .xlsx changed to .xls

matters unless you intend to pay!

 --

John McGhie, Microsoft MVP (Word, Mac Word); Consultant Technical Writer,
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd, Sydney, Australia.

0
John

PST file locaion under Win7
Hi, Where does outlook 2007 keeps PST files under windows7? Apparently under Users/myname there is no folder AppData\Local... Thank you for your help. ...

Linking files 2 ways

Using Relative path for XML data file?

How to repair a .dll file in IE8

Maximum file sizes