microsoft word sections

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

0
djdwosk97

Update
What is Happening? This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums. Why? As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the past several years while customers and participants are increasingly finding solutions in the forums on Microsoft properties and third party sites. This move will unify the customer experience, centralize content, make it easier for active contributors to retain their influence, mitiga...

Microsoft CRM 3.0 (KB922815) Installation Error
When i try to install Update Rollup 1 for MSCRM 3.0 i get following error. Setup could not find Microsoft CRM 3.0 Server or you have a mismatch between update language and Microsoft CRM language. The installation of this update has stopped. Is this rollup language dependent? I have a swedish installation of MSCRM. Thanks! // Mats ------=_NextPart_0001_11F19277 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Yes this rollup is language dependent. You need to install SVE(swedish - sweden) UR1 package. Thanks, Indira Dhingra This posting is provided "AS IS" with no...

Converting Microsoft Office 2003 Trial into a full version
I have bought a Sony Vaio PCG-GRT360ZG notebook with installed Microsoft Office 2003. I registered Microsoft Office 2003 trial version. Now I am trying to convert it into a full version. Unfortunately I am getting message that my product key (from Certificate of Authenticity) is invalid. My trial version expires in Jan 2005. What should I do ? My product key from Certificate of Authenticity label is : J8FHJ-Q6BJM-G6PVD-FWM2B-PW6J8. Thank you very much Peter. ...

'Some' Word files suddently corrupted
Just today, when I attempted to open some older MS Word (2003) files (in MS Word 2003), a dialog box appeared requesting the type of encoding required. The text appeared all jumbled and included numerous meaningless characters, rather than the original English text. I had recently installed OpenOffice 3.1 in an attempt to open some older OpenOffice documents. I uninstalled OpenOffice but the problem remains? What has happened and is there a reasonable 'cure?' Do the file icons appear to be different than what they were before? It may be that the file association has been...

Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Online Communities
Date 5/4/2010 Starting in early summer 2010, Microsoft will begin progressively closing down the Microsoft public newsgroups to enrich conversations in the rapidly-growing forum platform. This decision is in response to worldwide market trends and evolving customer needs. Microsoft continues to invest in forums to reduce customer effort, consolidate community venues and make it easier for active contributors to retain their influence. Forums provide a healthy community environment with less spam and make answers easier to find by customers and search engines. Additionally, forums offer ...

Problem opening up current Excel wksht to mail merge in Word
Hi, I have Microsoft 2007. I created a list in Excel with clients' name, address, city, state, zip. Then, in Word I go to Select Recipients, locate the Excel file and click open. Here's the problem: a Select Table box appears with Sheet1$, Sheet2$, and Sheet3$ as options. clicking on any of the three results in NOTHING. Nothing at all appears! I'm not sure what the problem might be. Thank you for the help! Rachelle ...

Change the icon on Microsoft apps files?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01CA9CFE.DD0ACFE0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Can anyone tell me how to change the icon on a Microsoft file/shortcut = -- for example, an excel spreadsheet or MCE recording? ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01CA9CFE.DD0ACFE0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META con...

IBF for Microsoft CRM now available
Great news to pass along. After a much longer wait than anyone imagined, our IBF solution for Microsoft CRM is now available. It took us a ton of work to get the performance and security of this solution right, but I think you'll find it's well worth the wait! The number of new scenarios enabled and the ability to access Microsoft CRM data from directly inside of your favorite Microsoft Office applications is really compelling. You can download the solution from: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=332BEFFB-4492-40D7-8CE0-995489909B6A&displaylang=en Join me...

Excel Charts in Word
I have a word report I need to do every month. The data and charts are in excel and the data changes monthly. How do I get the excel charts linked into a word document so that when I enter the new data in the excel spreadsheet that is automaitically updated in the report in the word docuemnt? Thanks Copy the Excel chart. In Word, use Edit menu > Paste Special, and select the Paste Link option. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Marc" <Marc@discussions.microso...

Problem linking excel charts in word
I have linked an excel chart into a word document by pasting special as a link. It looks fine when I paste it. I close the application and when I open it again the chart is cut off on the left, and sometimes at the top. It's as if the chart itself is off the edge of the frame it is sitting in. The chart in excel is perfectly OK. I can edit the excel chart, and edits are updated in the word document when links are updated, but it doesn't change the position of teh chart, so it's still cutting off part of the chart. The chart is on it's own sheet rather than being i...

Two users on a network editing documents simultaneously in word 20
My office just upgraded from Word 2003 to Word 2007. We are on a network and share access to Word files. In Word 2003, if one user tried to open a file in which another user was working, a message would appear stating that the file was "locked for editing by (user)." It seems that with Word 2007, any user can open a file (and edit it) while another user is doing so as well. We do not want this to be the case, and just want the settings to be as they were with Word 2003 (i.e. if a document is in use, another user cannot access it simultaneously). Ideally, we'd lik...

Extracting a word from a long text field
I have a text field (up to 200 characters) and I need to extract a specific word. The text field name is "MEDICATIONS" and the word I need to extract which might appear anywhere in the field is 'VENOFER'. The word need to be entered in a separate field in a query. Could any one help as to how to enter the code in the query? Thanking you Leo In the criteria I entered Like "VENOFER" Or "Venofer" It seems to work. Will it cause any problems down the line? In other wrods is this an acceptable procedure? "Leo" wrote: >...

How do I hyperlink directly to a section within a Word Document?
I have the need to provide html hyperlinks on our SharePoint portal that will open a Word document and go directly to specific section. I've tried creating anchored links to bookmarks within Word (docx format) but only get as far as having the document open (with a uri like http://portal/requirements.docx#anchor) but it doesn't navigate to the bookmark. Since some of these documents can be quite large, jumping directly to the use case is important. Has anyone else successfully done something like this? Any help is appreciated, Don ...

Editing Password protected form fields in Word 2007
We have created a Word document with a legacy text form field. We inserted a word date field and protected the document allowing Filling in Forms. After protecting the document when we try going to the form field and clicking on back space to delete the entry we get "This is not a valid selection" message box. We have existing word documents in 2003 with similar form fields. We were able to delete the entries and add new data. After converting the documents to 2007 or create new documents in 2007 and try to delete the entries we get the above error. Hi Veera, ...

Re: is MS Publisher compatible with Word?
<<Can you use Word to edit Publisher files?>> No. Mac Townsend Adcom Graphics, Fairfield, C A www.adcomgraphics.com Powered by the E-mail PIM - Info Select - www.miclog.com ...

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Data Migration framework
Hi, Does anybody know when Microsoft are due to release the DMF for version 3.0? or is it possible to use the 1.2 DMF to import data. We have contacts and would like to associate them with with their parent accounts. Any help or comments on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks Rick No, I don't think you can use 1.2 DMF to import data to CRM 3.0. The easiest would be to buy a 45 days scribe license to do your data import for $495. The other option would be writing a small program using the CRM 3.0 API to insert all of your contact data to CRM 3.0. Darren The messag...

In Word 2007, I want to enable tabbing between fields in my .docm
In Developer Mode, how can I set the properties of my fields to support tabbing from one field to another in my Word form? What kind of "fields" did you insert? If they're form fields from the Legacy Controls button, you have to turn off Design Mode and then protect the document for forms. Either click the Protect Document button and go through the Restrict Formatting pain/pane, or add the Lock command to your Quick Access Toolbar. If they're content controls (the other buttons in the Controls group), tabbing between controls other than a Rich Text control w...

Error message when starting Vista during black screen section
As Vista comes up I get a message -1st delete program not found skipping auto check Doesn't seem to bother anything, just want to find out if their is something I can do to identify and fix the problem. Thanks, Bob -- The Dog Breeders List www.dogbreederslist.com 704-965-8622 I believe that the message was Isdelete program not found. See: http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/583755-solved-solved-lsdelete-program-not.html "The Dog Breeders List" <rltutt@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:3B8E5F93-9808-4C16-85D4-AE977DC03C1F@microsoft.com... ...

Problem With Word Finding Outlook Contact Lists For Email Merge
I am having a problem getting word (Small Business 2003) to find the current contact database lists in my Outlook . For some reason or another when I am asked by the merge wizard to select a contact list from the contact list folder I am presented with old or deleted lists. I have done this operation many times before so I am baffled why this should just happen. If anyone is interested please email me at tonyisburntout@yahoo.com and I will be more than happy to send of a word document with the relevent screen shots. Any and all help would be appreciated. Best to start mail merges from inside...

Update
What is Happening? This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums. Why? As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the past several years while customers and participants are increasingly finding solutions in the forums on Microsoft properties and third party sites. This move will unify the customer experience, centralize content, make it easier for active contributors to retain their influence, miti...

Office 11.2.4 and com.microsoft.entourage.notes
If I update to 11.2.4 will I have the same problem referred to in the post titled "Sync pane (pain)" posted in the entourage group? I had the same problem as mentioned in that post, which was that after updating to 11.2.3, and removing unwanted Entourage stuff, in the .Mac system preferences pane, sync tab, we got an item "com.microsoft.entourage.notes" that we couldn't get rid of. I don't use entourage and with this problem, I'm about ready to go to Pages and Keynote! I'm not sure exactly what is is that you are asking for. If you read the replies to t...

Cannot Restore backup on Microsoft Money 2005
After a hard drive crash, I installed Microsoft Money 2005 on another computer and tried to restore the backup file, which I had on an SD card (but first sved to the desktop). When I try and restore it, I get the message "Money cannot locate C:\Our Money 3" [the supposed copy of the backup file that was restored] or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read-only file or you do not have permission to change it or your disk drive is write protected." I'm not sure what to do. I should say that I do not know for sure if the backup was created when I was running Mon...

Word 2007 Macro Recoding Problem
I just tried a simple record macro and it did not record what I expected. I attempted to record a paste special unformatted text and it just recorded: Selection.PasteAndFormat (wdPasteDefault) This is not very close to what I did. Is there a way to get the macro recording to work like previous versions? ...

Word unexpectedly quits
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: intel I've been using Office for Mac nearly a year. Applications have unexpectedly quit before (mainly safari) though not very often. Today Word quit unexpectedly several times, after trying to insert bullets. I think this may have something to do with a list style which I added to the list of established styles, so that it would be available in all word documents I opened. Any suggestions? Hi, Have you installed the latest update that was released today for Office 2004? Also, have you installed the latest update for Mac...

Security update for Microsoft.NET Framework (KB976576) unsuccessfu
Just like cdog (see today's thread about security update for Excel 2003), I am having problems with updating through Windows Update. Everytime I install this update (successfully according to Windows Update) and reboot my computer, I get prompted to install the same update again. I then go back to Windows Update website, where it says that I should install this update, even if according to the online history of my updates, this last update was installed! However, when I check my installed program list in the Control Panel (Add/Remove Programs), I can't find the update....