Microsoft Word Deleting

Version: 2008

Ok, I have Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac and my Word was working perfectly until the other day where I tried to open up Word from the dock and a question mark popped up over the icon at the dock. I looked it up in Finder and it doesn't seem to be there but all of the other Microsoft Office things like Excel and Powerpoint still work fine. Can anyone help?
0
Wisey

Have you looked in: Applications/Microsoft Office 2008? If 'Microsoft
Word.app' actually isn't there do a Spotlight search for it and look in the
Trash. Once you find it just put it back where it belongs. You can then (if
necessary) drag the icon from the Dock & _carefully_ drag the Microsoft
Word.app icon to the Dock to add a fresh one back.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 2/11/10 4:32 PM, in article 59bb2ac8.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"Wisey@officeformac.com" <Wisey@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Ok, I have
> Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac and my Word was working perfectly until the
> other day where I tried to open up Word from the dock and a question mark
> popped up over the icon at the dock. I looked it up in Finder and it doesn't
> seem to be there but all of the other Microsoft Office things like Excel and
> Powerpoint still work fine. Can anyone help?

0
CyberTaz
2/11/2010 10:11:41 PM
> Have you looked in: Applications/Microsoft Office 2008? If 'Microsoft <br>
> Word.app' actually isn't there do a Spotlight search for it and look in the <br>
> Trash. Once you find it just put it back where it belongs. You can then (if <br>
> necessary) drag the icon from the Dock &amp; _carefully_ drag the Microsoft <br>
> Word.app icon to the Dock to add a fresh one back. <br>
> HTH |:>)  <br>
> Bob Jones  <br>
> [MVP] Office:Mac <br>
> On 2/11/10 4:32 PM, in article 59bb2ac8.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, <br>
> &quot;Wisey@officeformac.com&quot;  wrote: <br>
> > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Ok, I have <br>
> > Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac and my Word was working perfectly until the <br>
> > other day where I tried to open up Word from the dock and a question mark <br>
> > popped up over the icon at the dock. I looked it up in Finder and it doesn't <br>
> > seem to be there but all of the other Microsoft Office things like Excel and <br>
> > Powerpoint still work fine. Can anyone help? <br>
Thanks for your help but I think it's gone for good. Can I re-install it without using one of my other codes?
0
Wisey
2/11/2010 10:30:03 PM
Wisey@officeformac.com wrote:
>  > Have you looked in: Applications/Microsoft Office 2008? If 'Microsoft
>  > Word.app' actually isn't there do a Spotlight search for it and look
> in the
>  > Trash. Once you find it just put it back where it belongs. You can
> then (if
>  > necessary) drag the icon from the Dock & _carefully_ drag the Microsoft
>  > Word.app icon to the Dock to add a fresh one back.
>  >
>  > HTH |:>)
>  > Bob Jones
>  > [MVP] Office:Mac
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > On 2/11/10 4:32 PM, in article 59bb2ac8.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
>  > "Wisey@officeformac.com" wrote:
>  >
>  > > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Ok, I
> have
>  > > Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac and my Word was working perfectly
> until the
>  > > other day where I tried to open up Word from the dock and a
> question mark
>  > > popped up over the icon at the dock. I looked it up in Finder and
> it doesn't
>  > > seem to be there but all of the other Microsoft Office things like
> Excel and
>  > > Powerpoint still work fine. Can anyone help?
>  >
>  >
> Thanks for your help but I think it's gone for good. Can I re-install it
> without using one of my other codes?

I'm not sure if this trick will work for you, but give it a try. Use
Help > Check for Updates. If an update is available, install it. The
updates tend to replace entire applications, so you could get Word back
this way.

Along a similar line of thought, if your Office was completely
up-to-date, download the latest update from
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/ and manually install the update instead of
using the install disc to overwrite Office.

If you decide to use the install disc, I would run the Remove Office
utility first and then do a fresh install so that all the updates get
applied correctly.

-Jim

--
Jim Gordon
Mac MVP

Online help, OTHER than Microsoft's
Would anyone know of FREE tutorials or instructions for Publisher, other than the Microsoft's, which would fill in the many spaces in between the lines of instruction that I've found there. There are a few university sites that I've found and some other miscellaneous, but I'm looking for help geared to the self-taught beginner-user who probably doesn't know some of the ABC she should, AND that will really get the thing to WORK! Specifically, printing out a business card that I tried numerous ways to set up from scratch within Publisher. Many, many thanks, ...

is it possible to transfer a word doc to excel?
..Each month I have several forms to complete and send into head office.These forms are saved as word docs but I can't type any new imformation in them.In stead I have to print them off and then fill them in by hand. I am a new user of Office but would like to learn a lot more about it. Thankyou for any responses, no doubt I've missed some really simple procedure and am expecting to be well and truely embaressed. I am useing my own PC. -- Sticky business computing ??? A number of questions and possibilities come to mind. Firstly the 'job' should be evaluated. A print an...

Microsoft 2007 equation editor
How could I change fonts in Microsoft 2007 equation editor? -- Andrius Click on the right hand end of the Tools bar in the Equation Tools Design tab of the ribbon and you can change the Default font for math regions -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Andrius" <andrius.ramonas@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:C6C37FCD-A73E-4F54-BBE4-2961233A6BB8@microsoft.com... > How could I change fonts i...

Word to Jpeg conversion
Hi, Is there any one to help me out. I copied the content of a word document(should have the print border guide extended than normal page layout) and created a jpeg image by using the below code. But we see the truncation issue in the left and right side of the captured image. Please help to resolve the truncation issue in the captured image. On Error GoTo err: Dim x As New Word.Application Dim w As New Word.Document Set w = x.Documents.Open("C:\Vet11.doc") Clipboard.Clear With w.Application.Selection .WholeStory .CopyAsPicture Pictur...

Jon Peltier's code: can't delete initial series??
I wrote this on my machine running Win XP and XL2002. It worked. I gave it to a friend running Win2000 and XL2000, and it fails on the code to delete the initial series. What else can we do? Ed Sub MakeNewScatterChart() Dim wkb As Workbook Dim wks As Worksheet Dim LastRow As Long Dim LastCol As Long Dim colData As Long Dim cht As Chart Dim chtObj As ChartObject Dim rngData As Range Dim rngXval As Range Dim rngSer As Range Dim strTitle As String ' Get limits of data Set wkb = ActiveWorkbook Set wks = wkb.Sheets(1) LastRow = wks.Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row LastCol = wks....

Pasting Word pages into Excel
Hi, I wanted to paste a Word file into Excel. My Word file contains 12 pages. When I paste into Excel, I only manage to see the first page. Can somebody help me? Thanks in advance. Regards Sze Mei You can double-click on the embedded Word document, and view all the pages, but when it's not active, only the first page is visible. You could create twelve separate one-page Word documents, and embed each of those in your Excel file. Ginger wrote: > Hi, > > I wanted to paste a Word file into Excel. My Word file > contains 12 pages. When I paste into Excel, I only manag...

Deleting a Company in GP 8.0
I wanted to delete a test company and recreate a new test company with the same ID. However, I accidentally deleted the company through SQL Server 2000's Enterprise Manager before deleting it within Great Plains. Now when I try to create the company in GP Utilities, I get an error message indicating 'This ID has been assigned to another company'. When I try to delete this company in GP, I get an error message indicating the database could not be located in 'sysdatabases'. How can I completely remove this database from GP? Thanks. -- Bob Bob, If you delete the D...

deleted items reappearing!
Help. Many clients of ours are recently claiming that after they purge their deleted items folder (outlook 2003), they reappear soon afterwards. We tried it with cached mode and without (using exchange server 2003). The same thing happens in OWA. I saw some previous posts, but no one offered a solution. Any idea? Thanks. Anyone? Please? :-) "GC Postmaster" <gc_postmaster@gordon.edu> wrote in message news:%23cseSa3yGHA.4116@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Help. > > Many clients of ours are recently claiming that after they purge their > deleted items folder...

Problem with Linked Excel Objects in Word
I have a Word document linked to several Excel tables. Since upgrading from Office 2003 to 2007, I have run into the following problem: When a user tries to open the Word doc while another user has the Excel files open, the Word user is notified, in Excel, that the Excel files are open and is prompted to select "Read Only", "Notify", or "Cancel" for each link in the document. I would expect this if I were updating links, there is no prompting to update the links prior to Excel attempting to open the files. Here are the steps I have tried, wit...

Microsoft Money 2003 Password help please
I have never used Money 2003 for doing anything other than debugging my MSN Portfolio when it refused to donwload transactions from Schwab over a year ago when certain OFX transactions were causing Brokerage download to abort. Support kept telling me to use Money, so I broke down and bought it (Money 2003) over a year ago. It did allow me to download brokerage data and see the audit trail of OFX transactions, and by trial and error I determined what was causing the problem. I couldn't get Schwab support to change what it was sending nor could I get MSN Portfolio support to allow download...

Numbering bugs when saving Word 2007 as Word 97-2003
Using both Word 2003 and Word 2007 on Windows XP OS Okay, I've been dealing with this problem for awhile now. but it causes a lot of extra work. Half our staff use Word 2003 (home workers) and the other half have upgraded to Word 2007. I use both Word 2003 (telecommuting) and Word 2007 (office) and I do the finalizing of these files here. We share large-document files among us, so we save the files as Word 97-2003 so everyone can access. This results in numbering getting completely out of whack after you save it and reopne. Also the heading formatting is lost sometimes (b...

Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe vs Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe
Does anyone know what the difference is between Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe and Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe? It appears to me that there is a difference because when I went to the amazon.com website to check out the prices they listed both programs at differenct prices. Money Plus Deluxe was more than Money 2007 Deluxe. I am currently using the Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe 60 day trail version because I was using Microsoft Money 2006 Deluxe but it stop the automatic online updating of my accounts, but the trail version does update automatically every day after I open the program. Any...

RE: See the critical pack from Microsoft Corporation
--zdjausnzsgqfddsi Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="cnjlzmsj"; type="multipart/alternative" --cnjlzmsj Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="euozixoapmzcaagyc" --euozixoapmzcaagyc Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to prot...

record not deleting from linked table...but it looks deleted.
Hi folks, I have an odd situation here. I have a table linked from my backend to the frontend that I have displayed through a subform. You can add/edit records no problem but when you delete the record it deletes it as requested and the record is gone on the subform. However if you go look in the backend (or even through the linked table), the record is still there. Anyone ever see this before? Thanks, Alan PS: This is Access 2002. ...

How to delete Autocomplete information in IE 6?
Hi All I am working on a small utility that will delete all the information(Temporary Internet Files, Cookies, History, Autofill, typed urls') related to IE as per the user requirement. I am having some problem deleting the autofill information as i dont have the required information. The information i have is as follows: Internet Explorer 6 On Internet Explorer (versions 4 through 6) AutoComplete web form information is stored in the Registry in the following hive locations: Encrypted usernames and passwords: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\IntelliForms\SPW D...

How to unlock file with microsoft publisher as it has been locked
how can you unlock if the user has left and you try to unlock using windows administrator user name and password using microsoft publisher / front page 2000 . Please revert back I have tried removing service.lck also but no good and server where site is hosted has Frontpage extension only and no frontpage. And is runing through sharepoint. any other idea as to unlock it Thanks in advance. Publisher is not lockable. Are you talking about a website created/maintained with FrontPage perhaps? If so: you need to get the un/pw login from the host. If not...please explain the problem in...

microsoft office for mac
I downloaded the trial version to my emac G4 and later decided that I preferred openoffice. I dropped the trial version in the trash, but some part of it lurks in my computer. When I receive an attachment in powerpoint format, and I try to open it, a message pops up to tell me that my version of microsoft office for mac is expired. This somehow prevents my open office from opening the attachment. In my "missing manual" it says that there may be a file under "home -->preferences that I should also delete. I have spent hours looking, and can't access this file. Is ...

microsoft money 2004 09-17-03
I just installed the Money 2004 on this computer and whenever I try to start the program, the error message: Reporting Details: This error report includes: information regarding the condition of Microsoft Money when the problem occurred; the operating system version and computer hardware in use; your Digital Product ID, which could be used to identify your license; and the IP address of your computer. What do I do? ...

Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Implementation For Large Corporation (August 2006) #4
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Implementation For Large Corporation (August 2006) How could contribute and be a part of its computer environment.(Sales Module,MS CRM Security,Integration with Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0/Microsoft Great Plains,with IBM Lotus Notes Domino,International Considerations,Competition) http://microsoft-crm-3.blogspot.com/2006/08/microsoft-dynamics-crm-30.html ...

Microsoft Shortcut Bar
I can't find the shortcut bar in Office 2003? What gives? M S B Office 2003 was "improved" by removing the office shortcut bar. The osb from an earlier version will work in 2003 ( I'm told). You can also use the quick launch toolbar in windows as a substitute or look for a third party utility. Regards, Jim Cone San Francisco, CA P.S. - OfficeXP was improved by removing office binder. "Microsoft Shortcut Bar" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C8589232-F585-4C9D-8F63-FA8B0AB63315@microsoft.com... > I can't find the shortcut ...

exporting address book to word
I would like to know how to export my address book to word in order to print mailing labels. Not necessary. Use a mail merge instead. Outlook uses Word for performing mail merge functions such as Form Letters, mailing labels, envelopes, and fax or email merges. For an overview of these functions take a look here: http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/printlabel.htm http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/mailmerge.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Arin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:217e001c45b15$07f0f810$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I would like to know...

Outlook Express Deletes Folders
Using Outlook Express. I went do delete an email from my created inbox folder (which then contains a number of sub- folders) by the usual "shift+delete" method and instead of bringing up the confirmation dialog that folder and all its subs just vanished! I have looked in the store folder and all the DBX files are just gone... I've just lost a few thousand emails from over 3 years, any ideas what has happend and maybe how I can get them back? Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlo...

Wrong message with cascading deletes
A2003: Table Person linked 1 X M to table Activity. The relationship has its Referential Integrity checkbox and the Cascade Delete checkbox both checked. When I delete a person all related Activity records are deleted which is to be expected. According to http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=26115&seqNum=5 I should get the following message in this case: "Relationships that specify cascading deletes are about to cause 1 record(s) in this table and in related tables to be deleted. Are you sure you want to delete these records?" In stead I get: &quo...

MS Word equation
How can I edit MS Word equation after pasting it in excel sheet? The Equation Editor works in most Office apps Right click the box and use Open Now you can edit, Word of warning: some people find that when Excel closes the equation it is a bit distorted - aspect ratio gets changed. So they copy the formula back to Word, edit it, and then take the new eqn back to Excel best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "qamar" <qamar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D2BF0F2-0C9A-4010-A968-BC6D2B1D06C4@microsoft....

CToolBarCtrl.Customize() dialog could delete button but not insert
CToolBarCtrl.Customize() dialog could delete button but not insert A CToolBar is created during FrameWindow::OnCreate(), In response to a Menu of Customize tool bar, Add handle to this Menu by GetToolBarCtrl plus ToolBarCtrl.Customize(). As you know if the Framewindow does not response to the WM_NOTIFY of TBN_QUERYINSERT message with result of TRUE, the Tool bar customize dialog screen will gone with a flash. So add two handle in Framewindow of TBN_QUERYINSERT and TBN_QUERYDELETE, now the tool bar customize dialog display correctly. You can delete the button, buttons deleted display in the B...