Line spacing - Word 2008 for MACs

Version: 2008

Hey all - <br>
0
shunhoff

Check to make sure you have the latest version 12.2.3 That should have
been set to zero instead of 10.

If not go to Format Menu. Choose paragraph. click on indents and spacing
make sure everything is set to zero.  if yours is showing 1.5 then
spacing after will be set to 10. Someone at MS thought everyone would be
using to create a report or dissertation. instead of basic  personal and
business letters.

shunhoff@officeformac.com wrote:
> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Hey all -
> I've recently learned that in the 2008 version of word -- the "single
> space" line spacing is not 1.0 (as it was in previous versions) but
> rather 1.15. I've found a bunch of websites telling me how to fix it for
> a PC -- but nothing for a Mac.
>
> Basically what I'm looking for is a Mac version of this website:
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HA102310271033.aspx
>
> That tells me how to convert the line spacing back to the Word 2003 1.0
> spacing.
>
> To clarify - I am concerned with the spacing between lines WITHIN a
> paragraph -- NOT spacing between paragraphs themselves.
>
> Help??

mailto:pjones1@kimbanet.com
0
Phillip
2/16/2010 10:50:36 PM
Yeah - I've done all of that.  <br><br>Everything is set at 0.
0
shunhoff
2/17/2010 12:15:08 AM
Then that's all there is to it. The 1.15 Lines spacing *was* set as the
default when Office 2008 was originally introduced just as it was in Office
2007. That was reset to 1.0 by an update quite promptly in Office 2008.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 2/16/10 7:15 PM, in article 59bb2f15.1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"shunhoff@officeformac.com" <shunhoff@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Yeah - I've done all of that.
>
> Everything is set at 0.

0
CyberTaz

Invoicing select lines (or "releases") from a Sales Order
In Great Plains 7.5... I'm trying to choose the best way to handle a very common business transaction we encounter with sales orders having multiple releases. For example, a customer orders 300 Widgets as 3 lines of 100 widgets each. Each line has a different delivery due date, such as 100 pcs Feb 1, 100 pcs Mar 1, and 100 pcs Apr 1. The problem happens when we go to "transfer to invoice" for the individual releases. We want a clear for the invoice to be only for a particular release, and for it to be clear in the original order as to what lines still remain to be s...

Embedded word doc changed to image-need to change back to word.
I have an embedded word document that misteriously changed into an image. This image is not a word doc converted into a picture (i.e. like I convert an embedded word doc by right clicking and selecting 'image object', 'covert', and then select to activate as a word doc.) but an actual image as if I inserted a picture. Need to turn the image back into a word doc so I can recover my work. It would also be nice to figure out how I am changing to an image, amost seems like a bug since it has randomly happened twice. ...

Outlook Client: Change the On Line Server address
Hi, Is it possible to change the address of the CRM server that the Outlook Client uses to syncronise? -- Thanks in advance Chris Hi Chris, You can make this change by editing the following registry key - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSCRMClient\ServerUrl. The usual warning - please be careful while making registry edits! HTH, Niths "BoltonWolf" wrote: > Hi, > > Is it possible to change the address of the CRM server that the Outlook > Client uses to syncronise? > -- > Thanks in advance > Chris Thanks for that, I think that works ok. I'...

stack overflow at line: .....
I use excel to display urls online and recently when the application opens, I get the message, ' stack overflow at line: ..... I get this message whenever I click on a different worksheet - there are 15 sheets in the whole display. Can anyone help me get rid of this annoying error message that keeps popping up. You'll need to post the macro code. "brunetto" <henrylacroix@comcast.net> wrote in message news:1132439912.196559.165500@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I use excel to display urls online and recently when the application > opens, I get the message, ...

AutoFormat not working in Word 2007 in Windows 7
I have just installed the Office 2007 suite on Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit edition. Almost everything works well, but I noticed that when I type quotes, Word 2007 is not automatically converting them from straight quotes to curly quotes. I have went into the Word Options and tried the setting both ways, but it makes no difference. I have made absolutely no changes to this installation, and this problem does not occur on my Windows Vista and Windows XP machines. The computer is virus-free (I have an antivirus solution running, I don't go to shady sites to begin with...

Use Money 2002 Files in Money 2008
HI, How can I convert or use my Money 2002 files in Money 2008 Trial. Thanks. -- Smith Assuming that M2002 and M2008 are both from the same geography you just install M2008, navigate to the .mny file and double click on the file name. If M2002 is non-US version, the quick answer is "you don't". :-( -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For unofficial FAQs see http://money.mvps.org/ or http://umpmfaq.info/ I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "Smith" <Smith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6962F8A...

MAPI Failure message using 2007 word
-- JOHN HASKINS I keep getting this error message when I try to send a document from Word 2007 to my Outlook Email Client, which is my default email setup. I followed the recommended steps that help feature suggested, but that did not work by saving the document then closing and also closing Outlook, which was when word would restart it would start a new MAPI Session. No Go! What much I do. All other applications and software allow me to send to my email client except Office. ...

500 Command line too long
I get the above error from sending emails to only one recipient. Our Configuration. . . MDaemon 7.1.0 -> Cisco 831 router Their configuration is. . . Windows ISA server -> Norton Corporate (v8.5) Email Gateway -> Exchange 5.5 Below are the log entries for the failed connection. We are not having problems sending email to any other recipients. From the I can't tell which one of their three servers is actually the one that is rejecting the email. Does anyone have any experience with one of these servers wrongly issuing the "500 Command line too long" errors? Fri ...

Microsoft Dynamics RMS Live Chat on August 7th, 2008
------=_NextPart_0001_74E9EEE0 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good morning, The Microsoft Dynamics RMS team will be hosting the next Live Chat on August 7th, 2008, at 10 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time. Is there a topic that you would like to discuss in depth? Do you want additional insight into a certain area of the software? Have you always wanted to know what to do when you encounter a particular scenario? If so, we'd like to hear from you! Please feel free to post any ideas on this thread, use the link in the Live Chats section of the RMS Using site (h...

Which trend line?
I need to interpolate some data points. But I am not sure which kind of trend line should I draw? There appears to be many different kind.. I do not need a super fanciful one. My main purpose is really to find the trend (literally) so which one should i use? Polynomial? and also how do i know how many order? (what is a order anyway?) I am sorry to ask such stupid questions, but i am a new beginner to advanced charts. I usually only need to plot simple charts. and microsoft help is not as advanced for idiots like me =p joyous_h wrote: > I need to interpolate some data points. But I a...

Hide Quck Parts in Word 2007
Hi, Is it possible to hide empty quick parts in word 2007? I am populating quick parts from a sharepoint list (wss 3.0) and some of the fields in this list are not rquired and the field names are showing when the metadata is empty. http://www.moss2007.be/blogs/vandest/archive/2009/12/03/configure-word-2007-content-controls-with-empty-placeholder-text.aspx ...

Removing lines and/or borders
how do I remove a line or border that only appears on normal view not print preview? If this is not part of your print preview, it is simply the gridlines outline the cells in your working window. If you want to turn these off as well, select Options from the Tools menu, select the View tab, then uncheck the Gridlines checkbox. -- Thanks, Deb "mystical_ways" wrote: > how do I remove a line or border that only appears on normal view not print > preview? ...

Adding a horizontal line to a Pivot Chart
I can't get a horizontal line added to a pivot chart (column or line) by using the series method. Can anyone help me out? I'm trying to add the horizontal line to show things like the mean and standard deviation. Thanks in advance. Sharon - Pivot charts don't allow you to include data that's not in the pivot table, and I think it only allows a very limited number of combination charts, if any. Sorry to disappoint. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/ _______ sharonc wrote: > I can't get ...

Moving Money 2008 to new computer
I have Money Plus Deluxe 2008 on a computer. It is activated. I have the license key from Digital River. I do NOT have the original download and they won't let me redownload. I realize I'm a bad person for not saving a backup of that. I now want to upgrade from XP to Win7. Since there isn't a direct upgrade available I understand I'll need to reinstall apps. Typically not a big deal, but in this case, since I don't have installation bits this will be a problem. Am I really out of luck here? Is there any way to migrate/backup the existing Money (by copying the P...

Pasting "Character Spacing" adjusted text
Our church office secretary has the Bible on a CD in a Word document. They have used Format>Font>Character Spacing>Position >Raised>by 2.5 rather than "Suberscript" for all the verse numbers. Is there a way to Copy the text and paste it into Publisher to maintain the appearance of the raised verse numbers? I do not see the Character Spacing formatting features in Publisher. We are using Office 2002. Jim wrote: > Our church office secretary has the Bible on a CD in a Word document. > They have used Format>Font>Character Spacing>Position >Raised>...

Autoscale a Line Chart to stack the curves
hello! To compare financial market assets moves I use a single chart with 2 series. The chart has 2 vertical axes and the scales are pretty different in term of values. The autoscale works fine on both axes. My queston is: How do I translate a curve onto the other so that they get "stacked", to be easily compared at a glance ? Any VBA function or sub is welcome... Thx This post might help. It shows how to calculate a proportional axis on a dual-axis chart. The effect is to plot the movement of one series against another to see how well they are correlated. Because each...

Word attachments
I am running Windows 7 and Word 2007. I want my attachments to open in Print preview not full screen reading view. I have unchecked the box in Word Options, rebooted and resent emails with attachments to myself. However, they will not open in any other mode but full screen reading view. Any suggestions welcome. You can disable Full Screen Reading view, but you cannot force documents to open in Print Preview. If you mean Print Layout view, then you need to save them in this view; see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/SaveViewAndZoom.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (...

View equations created in Word 2007
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Greetings! I've successfully installed Office 2008 update 12.0.1 on my MacBook Pro running 10.5.2. One of the fixes that was listed in the Microsoft Knowledgebase article associated with the update was the ability to edit equations created in Word 2007 for Windows. After applying the update, I still get a warning message when opening a file created in Word 2007: "This file contains Word 2007 for Windows equations"; the document opens with placeholders (blank squares) instead of the equations. Does anyone el...

Inserting word 'merge field' into Excel
I have data in Word merge fields that I need to put in an Excel table. Each Word file is exactly the same and there are a few hundred files. If I can't do this direct to a spreadsheet, can I do it through Access? ...

opening an old 1992 Word document, registry error
I tried to open a document created in 1992 but instead of opening I get a message that tells me I cannot because my registry doesn't allow it -- wrb See “Information about certain file types that are blocked after you install Office 2003 Service Pack 3” at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=938810 -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Seabee74" <Seabee74@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6ADC0871-2FB3-4880-9525-5EFE3C3AD3C5@microsoft.com... >I tried to open a document...

Can't open office documents from my emails until word is openned f
When I try to open a word document or excel spreadsheet that is saved as an attachement to an email, I get the message: Windows cannot find ‘c:/users/mona/appdata/local\microsoft\windows\temporary internet files\low\content.IE5\SB2EHHFL\xxx[1].xls\’ Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. If I open Word or Excel before clicking on the attachement to open it, then it works. This problem only happens when using my laptop which is running Windows Vista and office 2007. I do not have any problems with this on our desktop which is running XP and office 2003. Wo...

deleting lines on text boxes
I do not want to print the lines in a text box in microsoft publisher. How do I do this? If you mean the line *around* a text box:: Click inside the text box Right-click - select Format Text Box Colors and Lines Tab - under Lines|Color, make sure it says No Line Click OK -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Paul Rozewicz" <Paul Rozewicz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C89EDDA3-8F82-4F19-BA70-75FE82061B93@microsoft.com... >I do not want to print the lines in a text box in microsoft publisher. How > do I do this? ...

Excel 2007 Bar and Line chart on 2 Axes
I used Excel 2003 to create a "bar and line chart on 2 axes" and now have 2007. I can't find where or how to create these charts using Excel 2007. Can someone tell me how to do it? Start here http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA102004991033.aspx Then Google "Excel 2007 chart"; look at a few sites Then come back here with specific questions and we will help you get it right. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Nancy" <Nancy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

Broken lines in a chart to display extreme values?
Sometimes a single extreme value causes the rest of the data to become too small, like a bar chart of the values (10000, 4, 3, 2, 4, 5). The way to avoid is to use broken lines where the axis makes a leap from 10 to 9990 with a dotted gap inbetween. I couldn't find a way to implement this in Excel. Is there a way? Hi, It is not a built in option but can be constructed. http://www.andypope.info/charts/brokencolumn.htm Cheers Andy Metin Örsel wrote: > Sometimes a single extreme value causes the rest of the data to become too > small, like a bar chart of the values (10000,...

Sending Word attachments to AOL and/or Mac users
When I send an email from my Outlook to people who use aol and to people who use a Mac, they can't open the .doc Word or .xls Excel attachments. They get only a .dat file which they can't open. What do I need to do as the sender so they can open/read the attachments? rebecca wrote: > When I send an email from my Outlook to people who use aol > and to people who use a Mac, they can't open the .doc Word > or .xls Excel attachments. They get only a .dat file > which they can't open. What do I need to do as the sender > so they can open/read the attachment...