Last Row of a Table has Part of the Content Whited Out

I imported a large document developed under Office 2000 on a PC into Word for Mac.  Many of the tables are fine, but several of the tables have an issue with either the first or last row.  The problem is that some of the words seem to be whited out.  The words are still there, because when I place the cursor on words I can see and use the arrow keys, the cursor is still moving across the letters I cannot see, one at a time.

I've tried the following:
- Changing the fill color a few times.  When I do this, the effected text is still hidden behind what appear to be white rectangles.
- Changing the font color a few times.  Same result.
- I have added a row, retyped the missing content, and then deleted the effected row.  The new last row then gets corrupted in the same way.
- SOMEtimes when a table is broken across a page boundary, putting a hard page break before the table makes the problem go away.  Not always, however.  Also, I have several tables that are longer than a page and so will of necessity break across multiple pages.

This problem occurs in most or all of the columns, but always on the last or first row.

I am new to Mac, and trying to make a clean break from PC.  I am a PowerUser of Word on a PC for desktop publishing.  I want to use Word to ease moving the document back and forth between my Mac and my wife's PC.  She's not ready to embrace Open Office yet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm currently in Iraq, so please respond here but also to surdu@acm.org.

Buck Surdu

WPF Custom Validation Using the Enterprise Library
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/9af7ac1a-d7f3-4e00-9aec-33ef1ec7d1a3/wpf-custom-validation-usi.aspx
0
John

Delete Rows #2
I would like to be able to delete a row with a name in it based on a cell with that name from another cell in a different worksheet. Any ideas? Thanks, Bernie That worked great, thank you so much. How do I run the same macro for another name right after this one? Bernie Gary''s Student wrote: > This macro: > > Sub remover() > v = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value > For Each r In Sheets("Sheet2").UsedRange > If r.Value = v Then > r.EntireRow.Delete > Exit Sub > End If > Next > End Sub > &g...

Unreconciling Multiple Rows In Money
I would like to know if there is a way to unreconcile multiple rows in Microsoft Money? I can do one at a time, but I need to do a large number of them and don't want to do them one at a time. I've tried to contact Microsoft directly about this but got passed to the company that I bought my machine from, who passed me off to another support number in their company - which tried to charge me for asking this question. Any info on this would be great! Doug In microsoft.public.money, Doug wrote: >I would like to know if there is a way to unreconcile multiple rows in >Microsoft ...

#Deleted being displayed in a linked table
I have linked to a mainframe DB2 table and when I try to open the table or run a query against it, the only thing that display is "#Deleted" in every cell. I know there is data in the table as I can query using Excel and get the correct results. Using the same simple query in Access, I retrieve the correct number of rows but they all contain the same "#Deleted" message in each cell. I have links to other DB2 tables on this mainframe and the results are fine. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks. Have you tried relinking the table? I had the same thing happen to me o...

Looking for guidance on integrating large assembler content into VC project.
I have a quite large block of assembler code, 50 subroutines accessed via just a couple of top level subs. I want to access these top level subs from my VC7 project. I have looked at the __asm inline assembler option but can't see how I can author the subs properly. Should I be using MASM ? Could somebody please advise? "Jo" <usenet_AT_tecno.demon.co.uk@JUNKBLOCK.COM> wrote in message news:a19emvshanokh7qb19ir13o13thlotk0p0@4ax.com... > I have a quite large block of assembler code, 50 subroutines accessed > via just a couple of top level subs. I want to access the...

Importing five row list from word 2003 to excel
I have a Word five row list I would like to import into Excel in a five column list. Every hundred items or so their is a new heading. What do I do? If it is in a word table you can cut and paste it. But you will have to reformat it. Once you get it into excel you can sort it and delete the duplicate headers. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

How to paste a cells row from Excel to a PowerPoint 2003 Table row?
Hello! How to paste a row of cells from Excel to a PowerPoint 2003 Table row? PowerPoint 2003 pastes all the row cells values in every cell in the row in the PowerPoint table if I select the row in the PP table before the pasting. PP pastes the row as an overlapping column if I place cursor in the first cell of the target row before pasting. Best regards, Dima +7 9163876746 +7 9035093892 ...

Pivot Table
I've this problem, when I drag the fields into the "Data" area, it will show as "Count of Q1 Results". But what I actually want is "Sum of Q1 Results". I would have to manually go to field setting and reconfigure from count to sum. It happens for all the fields I drag into the "Data" area. Is there any way around this? Thanks. If there are blank cells, or cells with text, in the column, Excel will default to the Count function when the field is added to the data area. If the column contains only numbers, it should default to Sum. Derrick wr...

coloring in rows
Hi Could somebody please help me with the following problem? How do I set a conditional format that if L5,M5, or N5 = �BAD� the highlight the row yellow, otherwise leave it the standard non fil color (clear) Thanks Andre -- kob ----------------------------------------------------------------------- koba's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2863 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48371 Select Row 5. Format> Conditional Formatting. Formula is: =OR($L5="Bad",$N5="Bad",$M5="Bad") Set ...

Create Pivot Table Reports
I just finished installing Analysis Cube on the server, everything seemed working fine until when I try to create the Pivot Table Report (Tools->Analysis Cubes->Create Pivot Table Reprots). After I called up the pre-defined 'Definition ID' and click on the Excel icon, a message popped up saying " The WHTemplate.XLT file was not found." Anybody have any idea what that is, and how to resolve it?? Thanks. 1.) There are two pieces of software. Did you install both the server piece, and the client piece? 2.) Is Excel installed on the machine, on which you'r...

How do you print the last page of an 8 page banner in Publisher?
When I make a large banner, I would like to select a particular page to print. The print preview option allows selection of pages 1,2, etc but does not allow for example only the last page. Print to a PDF... http://www.primopdf.com/ -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "FredSC" <FredSC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78386D22-8473-4EC8-A032-82F802A26C59@microsoft.com... > When I make a large banner, I would like to select a particular page to > print. The print preview option allow...

Excel CSV leaving out empty columns from row 17 onwards
Excel omitting commas in random ways !! Anyone come across this ? When I save this file in csv using excel 2003 A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Y,Z,AA A,,C,D,,21-Nov-06,27-Nov-06,S,1,2,,3.5,BP,N,O,,,,,,,,,,,, A,,C,D,,21-Nov-06,27-Nov-06,S,1,2,,3.5,BP,N,O,,,,,,,,,,,, A,,C,D,,21-Nov-06,27-Nov-06,B,1,2,,3.5,BP,N,O,,,,,,,,,,,, A,,C,D,,21-Nov-06,27-Nov-06,B,1,2,,3.5,BP,N,O,,,,,,,,,,,, A,,C,D,,21-Nov-06,27-Nov-06,B,1,2,,3.5,BP,N,O,,,,,,,,,,,, A,,C,D,,21-Nov-06,27-Nov-06,B,1,2,,3.5,BP,N,O,,,,,,,,,,,, A,,C,D,,21-Nov-06,27-Nov-06,B,1,2,,3.5,BP,N,O,,,,,,,,,,,, A,,C,D,,21-Nov-06,27-Nov-...

Importing a table from Access query
What is the quickest and easiest way to do the above? Thanks in advance. Hi The way I usually do this is run the select query, click on the top-right box (which selects all records) and use Ctrl+C to copy and Ctrl+V to paste into my workbook. An alternative is to right-click on the query in the Database Window and left-click on Export. In the Save As dialog box, select ..xls type. -- Andy. "Trish" <Trish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6BF3DE22-6590-4CAD-9EE1-FC978A3BB63B@microsoft.com... > What is the quickest and easiest way to do the above? >...

Re-Generating Parts of the Schema
Hi All, I just moved our CRM 1.2 install to a new server. Oh boy what a hassle that was, loads of errors and stuff to get over. The problem I'm having now is that whenever I attempt to change queue details, user details, Product Groups (basically anything you cant change or add to through deployment manager) I get an "Error has occurred, please contact your admin" error message. I had this before for pretty much very entitiy (cases etc) in CRM but a publish of a previous schema save through deployment manager sorted this out, but alas not these aspects. Here is the event view...

Solution: Error 2306: There are too many rows to output (Access to Excel using OutputTo)
I've joined the legions who've encountered this problem with the OutputTo method in Access: Run-time error 2306 There are too many rows to output, based on the limitation specified by the output format or by Microsoft Access A lot of people seem to have encountered it. The reason is because OutputTo defaults to an old version of Excel which only allows 16K rows A lot of people also suggest using TransferSpreadsheet instead, but that caused me a lot more problems (putting a single quote in front of my text data) Intellisense for the command does not list what your options are for th...

Excel Question: How to Delete All Blank Rows from a worksheet?
Hi, I'm brand new, and that is my question. I just spent 2 hour laboriously mousing along deleting row by row, every other row thinkin there's gotta be a better way. (I could've done it of course if the were adjacent, but they were interspersed with my good data). I'm little behind the times: agile with keystrokes but less so with mous [think I was quicker in Lotus DOS! (actually "TWIN")]. But I do play mean piano -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Check out: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/deleting.htm#DeleteBlankRows "DaveThePianoGuy >...

Move data from column to rows HELP!!!
Hi thanks for taking the time to look at my problem, currently i have column that has thousands of rows of information in it, it looks lik this A 40432 432654 3432 532543 32432 523 53425 532532 532 523 532 111 222 333 666 numbers that go on into mabye the 5000-6000 range what i need to do is have that data moved So it looks like this A | B | C 40432 | 32432 | 532 432654 | 523 | 523 3432 | 52432 | 111 532543 | 532532 | 222 So on and so on, so instead of 1 column with 6000 lines it ...

I would like to export the data from a drop-down list to a table
I have a form with several drop-down lists, I need to have the information in these lists in another document/spread sheet. Is there an easy way to copy the data in these lists to another location? The long way would be to re-type all of it. ...

How do I stop Excel from deleting the Window's Clipboard Contents
Note: This is with the Office Clipboard turned OFF! For example, If I write the following in 5 cells in Excel. [Hello ][My ][Name ][Is ][Fred ] Then I Copy (CTRL+C) the Cells: [Is ] and [Fred ] to the Clipboard... Then I press [Esc] (there are a dozen other ways to do this, but, this is the simplest) Now, I go to any cell, anywhere in my workbook, and press Paste (CTRL+V)... No Data... If I open up Notepad... Paste (CTRL+V).... No Data... Excel has *decided* for me, that I want to delete the Window's Clipboard Contents. Although I ha...

Using Jet to read excel file returns blank for last cell
With VB6 I am opening an Excel file to query the contents using ADO. I am then using the contents of the worksheet to create a format file that is used for a bulk insert into SQL Server. We designed the program this way so that users can use a spreadsheet to import data in any format they want and process the data based on values set in the spreadsheet. This keeps us from having to design new tables and format files for new record layouts which come down pretty often. Everything works fine usually. There is just one perculiarity that is happening with the Excel file. Sometimes, th...

Write conflict error with ODBC link table
Hi, I have migrate my back end access tables to SQL Server. While editing data (ODBC link) from form, I receive Wirte conflict error 'The record has been changed by other user... Copying the change to the clipboard...'. The error allow me either copy the info to clipboard or drop change. In this case, how can I save my work to the table here? SF � "SF" <xyz@online.com.kh> ������ ��� ������ news:#F7F7OtcIHA.5160@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have migrate my back end access tables to SQL Server. While editing data > (ODBC link) from form, I...

Index / Contents Page
Is it possible to insert an index /contents page in Visio? I have a 30 page Visio document and on Page 2 I want to have a contents page so that the reader can reference a page quickly. Is it possible with out having to manually type it i.e. If the page order changes your index / contents is automatically updated as with Word. There should be an example of create a TOC using VBA at www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visi...

Still column space after making row group hidden
In a SSRS 2008 report I have a number of parent level row groups which the previous group set the hidden value of the child group. I have the canshrink set to True of the cells however this still leaves a blank space where the group data was. Is it possible to remove this blank space from the report when that row group is hidden in a tablix? ...

Need a formula that tags one table based 2 columns in each table
I have two tables on one worksheet, Table A and Table B. Each table contains two column with X and Y coordinates, all values are numerical. The coordinate system is irrelevant. I need to "tag" all XY coordinates in Table B that have a matching XY coordinate in Table A. If Table A coordinates are in columns A and B, and Table B coordinates are in columns C and D, then I want to place the text "hit" in column E next to each coordinate pair from columns C and D that match a coordinate pair in columns A and B. The ranges for the respective tables have been named ACOORD and...

Separating parts of a string in VBA
Hello, I have a string in cells(1,1). The value of the cell is "DATE" 1/1/10 THRU 3/1/10" I want to separate this string into the two new strings such that one string would read "1/10/10" and the other would read "3/1/10". In C programming, this would be fairly easy. But in VBA I don't know any string functions which can read and compare individual characters. Does anyone know how to accomplish what I am trying to do? thanks IF the DATE and THRU parts of your example text (along with their adjacent blank spaces) appear in all the text s...

"How do I get rid of old records in an Pivot Table?
The spreadsheet gets copied each month to a new file and the data cleared out, BUT the selecetion in the Pivot Table still holds the data from Previous spreadsheets Debra Dalgleish has some techniques at: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot04.html AyPee wrote: > > The spreadsheet gets copied each month to a new file and the data cleared > out, BUT the selecetion in the Pivot Table still holds the data from Previous > spreadsheets -- Dave Peterson The web-link was very helpful, thank you. I was about to reprogram and build my pivot tables to get rid of the obsolete item...