Inserting chart AND related table in document

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

Inside of a Word document, I have inserted a new table which has a corresponding chart. Everything works fine and updates as I enter new information. <br><br>What I want to do is have both the chart and the table in my document, as the table has a details field I want people to see that is not reflected in the chart.
0
brianmullnl

AFAIK, the chart cannot display anything not directly related to it. A data
table can be included but that won't satisfy what I understand your
requirement to be. You can also create a formula as a source for an Axis
Title label if the "details" are in a single cell

The only option I can suggest is that you copy the range of cells which you
can then paste into the Word doc separately from the chart itself. Have a
look at the alternatives in Edit> Paste Special. Depending on which option
you use you may be able to Group the two objects to keep them together.

--
HTH |:>)
Bob Jones

<brianmullnl@officeformac.com> wrote in message
> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor:
> Intel Inside of a Word document, I have inserted a new table which has a
> corresponding chart. Everything works fine and updates as I enter new
> information.
>
> What I want to do is have both the chart and the table in my document, as
> the table has a details field I want people to see that is not reflected
> in the chart.

0
CyberTaz

Converting/inserting values, without changing the other contents.
Hi all this is what i require: the overdue is INR 250k (SGD 7,543), out of which for INR 125k (SGD 3,771) payment is processed, for INR 30k (SGD 905) bills resubmitted for queries, for INR 25k (SGD 754) supporting were resubmitted, for INR 45k (SGD 1,358) payment will be made in 1week of next month. the above comments will be in m5 without the sgd value, i need help to converrt those values and show as above in n5, after multiplying the converting factor at b2 thank you ...

Simulating a Zodiac with a chart
I want to make a circular chart similar to a Zodiac but I want to color sections similar to a pie chart. I have plotted this before using Sin/Cos of the degree but did not have the ability to color the pie shape pieces. Is this possible? So say I want from 360* (top dead center) to 90* (left quadrant) to be shaded, how would I do this and with what type of chart? Hi, Donut chart will provide the shaded circular sections. Cheers Andy gtslabs wrote: > I want to make a circular chart similar to a Zodiac but I want to > color sections similar to a pie chart. > I have plotted this bef...

How do I connect cell color to bar chart color?
I have seen an excel spread sheet bar chart where the colors of the bars were connected to the color of the cell. I was not able to determine how that was accomplished and the author of the spread sheet no longer works for the company that sent me the data. Does anyone know how this can be done? Hi Bob, It's possible this was done using a vba macro. For a non VBA approach have a look at Jon's examples of conditional charts. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html Cheers Andy Bob Freerks wrote: > I have seen an excel spread sheet bar chart where the color...

Data value display attributes linked to table attributes
Is there a way to cause data value points to take on attributes such as bold, italic or color set at the table from which they are derived? For example, suppose I was charting hits at several web sites as function of time, and the some characteristic of the site was being altered back and forth (say font "A" and font "B") as part of an experiment. I can easily produce a line graph x=hits y=time for the various sites, but these is no way to visualize which condition (A or B) was in effect at each data value point. I'd like to be able to display the portion of each li...

Pivot Tables
Hi, I am having trouble creating a pivot table to show variance between planned vs actual units. Currently my data is broken down into the following fields, Team, Type, Month, Actual Units, Planned Units. I would like the pivot table to show if the current teams are meeting their monthly goals by comparing the planned vs actual units and showing the percentage. Team (all) (page) Month Jan Feb March . . . . . (column) Actual 100 110 90 Planned 90 110 100 Variance 10 0 -10 variance % 11% ...

Stacked chart #3
Hi, I have income distribution functions for different countries and I am trying to stack these curves. The data looks in this way: Country 1 Country 2 x y x y 5 0.2 7 0.1 8 0.4 9 0.3 10 0.3 12 0.5 15 0.1 20 0.1 Where x is the mean income and y is the % of the population. My problem plotting the curves is that different countries have different range of x values. And I want to keep them when I am stacking the curves. When I use stacked line chart excel considers the x values as categorical ...

Two tables, one form
I have a form that I created in AC2003. This form will merge info from two tables. So I assigned Table1 as the source for the form, inserted all of the columns from Table 1. Next, I changed to source for the form to Table2 and again inserted all of the columns from Table2 onto the form. I then changed the name of all Table2 columns to precede it with an "n". i.e. FirstName became nFirstName. All source for those items for Table2 were changed to have no source. Again, the source for the form is Table1. I lookup a row in Table1 in Table2 and if a match is found, ...

How to read values from a table?
Hi, I am trying to redesign an old database. I have three forms start, entry, edit forms. Start form is like a switch board to enter into the forms. An audit is entered into the database through "Entry" form which has around 50 controls. All these controls gets stored in the main table. "Edit" forms allows you to edit the audit. The issue here is the "Edit" form doesn't read the values from the main table when the form is loaded. I have a logic to read the values from the main table in "start" form. Everything looks fine with the SQL statemen...

View -> Sized With Window (for Excel charts): I want it back, plea
While I appreciate that not every function survives from one version to the next, this is one I sorely miss ! I use Excel 2003 at work, and 2007 at home. I can stand the constant bleating about compatability. I can even (barely) tolerate the highlight colors not matching. But this? Why oh why was it removed? Can you at least recommend a macro / VBA script patch to reurn this functionality to the program ? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" b...

Outlook relation to "Language for non-unicode programs"
When I want to use some non-unicode program, I need to change the "Language for non-unicode programs" settings. But actually what does it do behind? Such as what registry key it changes or or any other files or settings modified? ...

enter data to different tables through one form
i have 5 tables. all of them has pers_no as primary key. they have one to one relation ship through the primary key amongest them. i want to create one form having a text box pers_no where i will enter the data and i want the data to get entered in each table. so how i am not able to do that. i request all you guys to help me. thank you. Sorry for the bad news, but that's not the right way to use Access. You cannot write to 5 tables from one form like that. If you are subclassing, you could create a form for entering the main form info, and then 5 subforms (probably on tab pages) f...

How can comments be inserted into a document ?
Can comments be inserted into a documents done in Publisher? If so, how? No..not automatically. You should be using Word. There is always the callouts in Autoshapes. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Susan" <Susan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9195C75-EB38-45A2-ABA4-879C86988A9C@microsoft.com... > Can comments be inserted into a documents done in Publisher? If so, how? ...

Append to MS SQL 2005 table
I'm getting a key violation error whenever I try and append records from a table in Access to a table on a MS SQL 2005 database. The SQL db's table has an IID field which is the primary key for the table (and the only indexed field in the table) and I am NOT trying to append records to the IID field with my INSERT INTO tImport(...) statement. It is a clustered index if that makes any difference. Since I can't seem to add the table and write to it without an index field, does anyone have any ideas why I am getting the error message Is the IID field an Identity/Autonumber t...

Offsetting Chart data
I require to view data in chart format, the problem is as the data lines are so close I need to offset the data to view all on one chart for comparison. Can anyone help me with this?? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ What does that mean? "Offset the data?" If you want to see only a subset of the data, see the Dynamic Charts page of my site. You should be able to adapt one of the examples to your needs. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -...

dynamic charts using named formulas
I have dates in the first row I have values in the second row I use tecnique of named formuls of offset function (tushar Methta) so that the chart is updated when data for new dates are added. now after some time I want to delete the older data If I delete the columns of older dates the named formula get messed up and I get error message that three is some wrong reference. actulally in the offset formula the starting cell is relaced by "REF" Then I have to redo the whole exercise any solutions. If the first row is some sort of header that doesn't get deleted, use it as the ba...

Table Security Violation
We have a modified report called POP Purchase Order Blank Form. I'm able to print it out as sa, however, our purchasing manager is no longer able to use it. He gets the error "Table Security Violation". After trying all sorts of different combinations using Advanced Security, I finally just copied sa's security into our Purchasing Manager's account. Believe it or not, it still wouldn't work. We've reimported the report and didn't help either. I can't ease the security any more than I already have, what other options do I have? What am i missi...

Database table relationships
In visio 2007 I can not connect the relationship heads and tails to tables - Any suggestions? Thanks ...

Pivot Table 2007 display field only in Grand Total
Dear Excel experts, I have a Pivot Table (Excel 2007). As an example, the table consists of two Colum Labels (Expense 1 and Expense 2). Values under the Column Labels are Actual Expense, Budget and Full Year budget. All Values (Actual Expense, Budget and Full Year budget) are totaled in the Grand Total. However, Management want to see Full Year Budget only in Grand Total (not under Expenses 1 and Expense 2). I was manually hiding those values. Is there a way to automate this? Thanks ...

How do you ungroup charts in Powerpoint 07?
I'm trying to ungroup a chart in Powerpoint 07 like you would ungroup an object. You used to be able to do it in previous versions by right-clicking on the chart and then selecting ungroup. Can anybody help please? Thanks AK, Try this, select your chart and copy it. Home tab, click the list arrow next to Paste, select Paste Special and select Enhanced Metafile. Now you should be able to ungroup the pasted graphic. -- Luc Sanders MVP - PowerPoint "AKGray66" <AKGray66@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht news:F42ED3C3-80F8-46BC-890F-B...

Quaters In Pivot Tables
Pivot Tables default to the first Quarter of a year commencing January. Is it possible to have the first quarter commencing July, as per Finacial rather than Calender year? Are you achieving your Quarters by Grouping a date field from your data source? If so, I don't think you can group dates in any other way--I've asked this question myself and done web searches and didn't find a different way to group. This might solve your dilemma, though (you'll have to ditch the Grouping): Create a Calculated Item that sums all dates in the appropriate range. Basic Instructions fo...

XML Insert data C# ASP.net 2.0 Need to know how to insert by speci
Hello, I have the following XML Schema: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <Schedule> <Day Name="Monday"> </Day> <Day Name="Tuesday"> </Day> <Day Name="Wednesday"> </Day> <Day Name="Thursday"> </Day> <Day Name="Friday"> </Day> <Day Name="Saturday"> </Day> <Day Name="Sunday"> </Day> </Schedule> I want users to be able to input the following tiomeblocks for a scheduling s...

ADO Error Attempting to Link Table
Hi, I am attempting to link a table from an user-level security database to an unsecured databaes. The error I get is: Run Time Error -2147467259, Could not find installable ISAM. I have done much searching but I haven't come up with any solutions. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks! Option Compare Database Dim adoCn As ADODB.Connection Dim adoCat As New ADOX.Catalog Dim adoTbl As New ADOX.Table Private Sub createlink_Click() 'Create Link.. Set adoCat = New ADOX.Catalog Set adoCat.ActiveConnection = adoCn Set adoTbl.ParentCatalog = adoCat adoTbl.Name = "LinkTable" adoTbl...

publish chart to IIS Server
Right now i can publish my report to an interactive htm file. How do I publish it to say an IIS Server ? ...

TO CREATE A LINE CHART WITH RATE IN Y AXIS & REAL TIME IN X AXIS
i want to create a line chart in excel for rate vs time as y & x axis data. the chart should be an automatic charting as, when the particular time (10,10.30,11,11.30 ...)of system time reaches the data in one cell (rate ) should be taken automatically for charting the chart for 10am to 11.30pm. the only thing is how to check logically if the system time reached or not. Put the times in one column and the rates in the next, then create an XY chart. I can't tell a lot from your post, but if you expect Excel to determine a rate from the time, it will not. You have to write some fo...

Documentation about CRM 1.2 db structure
Does exist any documentation about CRM 1.2 modules and related underlying SQL tables? Does exist any documentation about mapping between CRM 1.2 SQL tables and CRM 3.0 SQL tables? Many thanks If you install data migration tool, there are some excel spreadsheet contains the fields for the given entity. I don't know if that's what you are looking for. In terms of the SQL table, CRM 1.2 and CRM 3.0 is similar. All the custom attribute will be in the extension table. E.g. AccountBase, AccountExtension. Hope this helps. Darren Liu Crowe Chizek and Company http://www.crowecrm.com On ...