How to get the applications folder path

what is the VBA command to get the application folder path in mac office 2004?

Can't be done in VBA: look in the AppleScript dictionary.

On 4/12/09 1:09 AM, in article
A72637CD-D311-45BE-AA70-7B5AE24CADC5@microsoft.com, "Mac Office Developer"
<MacOfficeDeveloper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> what is the VBA command to get the application folder path in mac office 2004?

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
Sydney, Australia. | Ph: +61 (0)4 1209 1410
+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name

0
John
12/4/2009 6:15:53 AM
You could try:

Function getApplicationsPath() As String
getApplicationsPath = MacScript("path to applications folder as text")
End Function

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

On 03/12/2009 14:09, Mac Office Developer wrote:
> what is the VBA command to get the application folder path in mac office 2004?
1
Peter
12/4/2009 11:12:57 PM
that works perfectly... thanks!

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

> You could try:
>
> Function getApplicationsPath() As String
> getApplicationsPath = MacScript("path to applications folder as text")
> End Function
>
> Peter Jamieson
>
> http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk
>
> On 03/12/2009 14:09, Mac Office Developer wrote:
> > what is the VBA command to get the application folder path in mac office 2004?
> .

Beep deadlocks application
A call to Beep( 400, 50) seems to deadlock my application. (app not responding, 0% CPU load) This happens only if Sound Sentry, Flash active caption bar is activated in the control panel. I'm using XP, SP 2. Anyone else noticed this? ...

How to Hide Left Panel of Folder Window?
I'm well behind the Windows curve and I'm just now learning to use Windows XP Home. Up to now I've been using Windows 2000 Pro. On my XP desktop I have a shortcut to my music folder which containins my MP3 files. When I double click on the shortcut, a window opens on the desktop displaying the contents of my music folder. This window has a panel along the left side containing items like "File and Folder Tasks" and "Other Places." I can't figure out how to close, hide or otherwise delete this panel. This panel takes up a lot of prec...

Possible to send email directly to a folder?
I know I've seen this done but I cannot remember how to send email to a folder by using its address in the CC: block.... When sending email, how can I also include the "address" of an OL folder in one of my open PSTso it automatically receives a copy of the email (much like Sent Items)? How about to my OL folders in my Exchange server? I have some templates filled with about 90% of what I have to send on a recurring basis, and preconfiguring the folder where I copy these (ffor later reference) would save me some work. I can swear I did this before but cannot find it now. TI...

2004 trial, how do I get rid of it?
My trial is over, and I want my Money 2002 back. Does anyone know how I can do that? The easiest way is to use control panel->add/remove programs to remove the 2004 trial pieces (there are two programs to uninstall). Then reinstall 2002 and use the backup file created when you first installed Money 2004 - it'll be named something like My Money.M10. Any transactions entered in the trial which you want to keep will need to be re-entered into the 2002 version, as you can't downgrade a file from 2004 to 2002. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.co...

Adding Contacts Folder as Address Book in Exchange Server
I am trying to add my contacts folder to my address book in Outlook XP and don't see the Tools, Options I used to see in Outlook 2000. How can I add this folder to my address book? Is that an option you can turn on or off for a profile in Exchange Server? Thanks!! -- Remove 'spam' from email address to contact me directly Right click on your Contacts folder, go to properties, outlook address book. Can you tick the box there? If not, go to tools, e-mail accounts, view/change address books, and make sure you have the Outlook Address Book option there. Then try right-clicking...

Where to get missing msvcp70.dll?
After I uninstalled a bunch of software, when I run an app it says app failed because msvcp70.dll was not found. Re-installing that app does not help. I guess I need to restore the missing msvcp70.dll. What is the official way to get it? Some sites offer this file for download but I'm not sure the files are genuine. In my system32 folder there is msvcp50.dll, msvcp60.dll, msvcp71.dll, but no msvcp70.dll. It is not in the recycle bin either :( "james" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:#XS21G1gKHA.5520@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > After I un...

get rid of macro option at startup
I created and then deleted a macro in an Excel file. Why do I still get the warning box (i.e. the one asking if I want to enable or disable macros) when I open the file? Is there a way to get rid of this since I no longer have macros in this file? Thanks. Brad You need to delete the empty module.! Bill K "Brad Rench" <brench@comcast.net> wrote in message news:kSOdnb0Jjst9afaiXTWJkg@comcast.com... > I created and then deleted a macro in an Excel file. > > Why do I still get the warning box (i.e. the one asking if I want to enable > or disable macros) when I o...

Public folder issue, "messaging interface has returned an unknown error"
I'm running a SBS2003 domain and just added a public folder and a customized form for entry into the public folder. All of our clients (all XP Pro, Outlook 2003 with all updates) can get to that folder and use the form without any difficulty except for one. On one computer I get the classic "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." error message. I have tried a repair install, no change. I have tried making a new profile, no change. I have tried adding / removing his PST file (currently he's not even using a pst file...

Activities/Journaling for Public Folder Contacts
I've created a company contacts folder in the Public Folders on Exchange 2k3. I've also created a journal folder in the public folders. I can set the contact folder to search the journal folder when I hit the activities tab, but I can't figure out how to make new journal entries go into the public folder journal instead of my mailbox journal. How do I do this? ...

AOL IMAP account
I have set up AOL email account as IMAP type and keep getting pop up in outlook " your IMAP server wants to alert you the following: Can't read attachment for message 6438. this pops up for many times and each time the number is different. new profile same issue. Office Version:Office 2007 Operating System:Windows Vista / Windows 7 - same issue. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still be sufficiently p...

Exchange 2003 SP1 to get DST patch & Exchange 2000 patch is available to anyone for $4,000
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C746B0.CFF31030 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable http://blogs.technet.com/hied_west_blog/archive/2007/02/01/dst-2007-updat= e-outlook-time-zone-data-update-tool-released-february-1-2007.aspx In the "New Highlights" section: "Exchange Server 2003 SP1 will now be = supported for an updated version of the Exchange CDO patch to be = released shortly." and "DST Hotfixes for products in Extended Support can now be purchased for = ...

I need help restoring Public Folders
Hi I've been having issues getting Public Folder replication going between 2 Exchange 2003 servers. Prior to doing any work I performed a Backup using Veritas Backup Exec and this completed and verified correctly. I screwed things up and managed to delete some of the public folders on my original server. I'm not 100% sure what I did but it is a mess and the only backup I have is the Exchange backup I created before doing any work. The public folders contain a number of Contact Lists and a very important Event Calendar. I have restored the public folders but when the restore c...

Getting kicked of outlook2003
Every time I print directly after I get kicked offline Do you mean that Outlook closes? "jp614" <jp614@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:150AB89F-0A3D-4D31-B2EF-0E3E1A852199@microsoft.com... > Every time I print directly after I get kicked offline No, It completely boots me off the network. When I loose connection to Outlook it takes my computer offline--looses connection... "Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" wrote: > Do you mean that Outlook closes? > > "jp614" <jp614@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > ...

Personal Folder Error when opening Outook 2002
When opening Outlook 2002, I receive the message that the Personal folder was not closed properly and needs to be checked. I allow the check to run, and all is fine. But this error message reappears after I close and reopen Outlook. Please Reply. thanks. ...

get rid of extra spaces between paragraphs worked only once.
Changed style from Word 7 to Word 3, used help online, but still have 2 left with spaces I cannot get rid of on my last page. Got any help for me? -- Only fools and bigots prefer French over Spanish to be taught in public or private schools. In the Styles pane (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S), right-click the style name and choose Modify from the context menu. In the Modify Style dialog box, click Format, Paragraph. Make sure that Line Spacing is what you want, and that Spacing Before and Spacing After are both set to zero. Click OK. To transfer the style definition to the attached template, d...

Get firefox- The fastest web browser in the world!
FireFox is a web browser created by Mozilla,it's the fatest web browser in whole world download now from site: http://hot-firefox.blogspot.com/ joke-master wrote: > FireFox is a web browser created by Mozilla,it's the fatest web > browser in whole world > download now from site: > http://hot-firefox.blogspot.com/ > If you don't mind it's memory leaks. If you re-boot each day it may not be a problem for you. Al ...

Can we get newsgroups with Windows Live Mail?
Currently we have WindowsXP, SP3, OE. How will Windows7 get newsgroups? Will these be part of "Windows Live Mail" as they are in OE? Please help, Frank Newsgroups work virtually the same in WLMail as they do in OE. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Frank Martin" <fm@general.com.au> wrote in message news:uybUM2d2KHA.2284@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Currently we have WindowsXP, SP3, OE. > > How will Windows7 get newsgroups? Will these be part of "Windows Live > Mail" as they ...

Deleted calendar from Public Folders
Accidentally I deleted Calendar in Public Folders on the Exchange 2000. Is there a way to bring it back? I tried to locate an article in Knowlege Base searching with "Recovering deleted items from a public folder", but the article is gone. On Mon, 3 Apr 2006 21:28:01 -0700, Daniel <Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Accidentally I deleted Calendar in Public Folders on the Exchange 2000. Is >there a way to bring it back? >I tried to locate an article in Knowlege Base searching with "Recovering >deleted items from a public folder", but the a...

Include external DLL's path
Hello, I made an application which uses some 3rd party dll's. I want to put them in a separate folder next to my .exe (dlls are 16 in no. hence don't want to put them at the same level as the .exe to avoid cluttering of files). How is it possible for me to make my .exe utilize these dll's? I understand that a way out is to put the dll path in the CLASSPATH (or PATH?) of the system. I don't know how to do that. Is there a way out so that i don't have to set the CLASSPATH (or PATH, if so)? thanks in advance, Divya Rathore (for email ID, remove all the underscores) >I...

You cannot copy or move messages to public folders
I have a few users who get the following error when trying to move messages from their inbox into a public folder - "Can't move the items. You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object. See the folder contact or your system administrator" I have found the following on microsofts website and have made those changes but it has not solved the issue http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=330752 has anyone seen this before? I have also downloaded outspy and run this on messages that have failed and on messages that are ok. However im not really su...