Font styles lost in Word 11.5.6

Hi all -

I just updated my copy of Word 2004 to Word 11.5.6.  I'm now, for the
first time, having a weird problems with font formats.  When I view a
document (new or saved, makes no difference) in either normal or page
preview views, the various font formats (italic, underline, bold, etc)
fail to display.  They display properly in print preview, and they
print properly.  Interestingly, if I select italic in either normal or
page preview views, the cursor slants appropriately  but the actual
text displays as normal.

I upgraded to OS 10.6.2 from 10.6.1 a few days ago.  I suppose it's
just possible that the problem was caused by the system upgrade -- I
can't swear that I tried to type anything that contained italic/bold/
underlining in the several days before doing the system upgrade and
the office upgrade.

Is this a bug that other people are experiencing, and if not any
guesses on how to fix it?

Zack (OS10.6.2, Early 2009 Mac Mini)
0
Zack

Hi Zack;

When is the last time you repaired disk permissions & shut down your Mac
[not a Restart]?

Give that a try first... wait 1-2 minutes before starting up again.

--
HTH |:>)
Bob Jones

"Zack" <asdfi23453@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi all -
>
> I just updated my copy of Word 2004 to Word 11.5.6.  I'm now, for the
> first time, having a weird problems with font formats.  When I view a
> document (new or saved, makes no difference) in either normal or page
> preview views, the various font formats (italic, underline, bold, etc)
> fail to display.  They display properly in print preview, and they
> print properly.  Interestingly, if I select italic in either normal or
> page preview views, the cursor slants appropriately  but the actual
> text displays as normal.
>
> I upgraded to OS 10.6.2 from 10.6.1 a few days ago.  I suppose it's
> just possible that the problem was caused by the system upgrade -- I
> can't swear that I tried to type anything that contained italic/bold/
> underlining in the several days before doing the system upgrade and
> the office upgrade.
>
> Is this a bug that other people are experiencing, and if not any
> guesses on how to fix it?
>
> Zack (OS10.6.2, Early 2009 Mac Mini)

0
CyberTaz
11/17/2009 5:58:50 PM
Hi Zack:

Sounds like Word has lost connection to the printer.

That's the indication you get when Word is configured to print to a generic
text-only printer.

Word retrieves the printing characteristics from the printer driver to
determine which font attributes the printer is capable of.  If it can't find
the printer, it assumes "none" and shows you the default "Draft Font".

Cheers

On 18/11/09 12:48 AM, in article
177ef5eb-4cac-46bf-86fa-a3f76a4a3043@d10g2000yqh.googlegroups.com, "Zack"
<asdfi23453@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi all -
>
> I just updated my copy of Word 2004 to Word 11.5.6.  I'm now, for the
> first time, having a weird problems with font formats.  When I view a
> document (new or saved, makes no difference) in either normal or page
> preview views, the various font formats (italic, underline, bold, etc)
> fail to display.  They display properly in print preview, and they
> print properly.  Interestingly, if I select italic in either normal or
> page preview views, the cursor slants appropriately  but the actual
> text displays as normal.
>
> I upgraded to OS 10.6.2 from 10.6.1 a few days ago.  I suppose it's
> just possible that the problem was caused by the system upgrade -- I
> can't swear that I tried to type anything that contained italic/bold/
> underlining in the several days before doing the system upgrade and
> the office upgrade.
>
> Is this a bug that other people are experiencing, and if not any
> guesses on how to fix it?
>
> Zack (OS10.6.2, Early 2009 Mac Mini)

matters unless you intend to pay!

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
Sydney, Australia. | Ph: +61 (0)4 1209 1410
+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name

0
John
11/18/2009 12:20:54 AM
On Nov 17, 7:20=A0pm, John McGhie <j...@mcghie.name> wrote:
> Sounds like Word has lost connection to the printer.
>
> That's the indication you get when Word is configured to print to a gener=
ic
> text-only printer.
>
> Word retrieves the printing characteristics from the printer driver to
> determine which font attributes the printer is capable of. =A0If it can't=
 find
> the printer, it assumes "none" and shows you the default "Draft Font".

Thanks for the replies!  If "Word has lost connection to the printer,"
how would I fix that?  Note that the font itself (courier, helvetica
etc) displays correctly; it's  just the font formatting (italic, bold)
that does not display.   When I go to print, the  correct (and only
printer) is shown in the print dialog box, and the actual hard copy
print is fine.

Oddly enough, and contrary to what I wrote in my original post,
underlining DOES display correctly.

I repair permissions routinely (last time was two days ago), and turn
off my computer (and the power strip into which it and all related
accessories are plugged into to) every night.

Thanks,
Zack

0
Zack
11/21/2009 10:38:05 AM
Hi Zack;

I'm headed a different direction than John... My reasoning being that if it
were a printer connection issue Print Preview would not render properly nor
would you be able to print -- at least not effectively. I'm seeing it more
as a probable font issue. Does it occur if you run Word from a different
User Account?

Run Apple's Font Book app to Resolve Duplicates & to Validate Fonts. The
instructions for each are in the program's Help if you aren't familiar with
it -- neither is a complicated task. You may also need to delete a file by
the name of Office Font Cache (11) which is located in the directory:

Home/Library/Preferences/Microsoft/

Be certain no Office apps are running when you delete the file & empty the
Trash. It will take Word a moment extra to launch while it rebuilds the
cache file.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 11/21/09 5:38 AM, in article
bcb14fef-0e04-447b-852a-54868b5a8534@m38g2000yqd.googlegroups.com, "Zack"
<asdfi23453@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the replies!  If "Word has lost connection to the printer,"
> how would I fix that?  Note that the font itself (courier, helvetica
> etc) displays correctly; it's  just the font formatting (italic, bold)
> that does not display.   When I go to print, the  correct (and only
> printer) is shown in the print dialog box, and the actual hard copy
> print is fine.
>
> Oddly enough, and contrary to what I wrote in my original post,
> underlining DOES display correctly.
>
> I repair permissions routinely (last time was two days ago), and turn
> off my computer (and the power strip into which it and all related
> accessories are plugged into to) every night.
>
> Thanks,
> Zack

0
CyberTaz
11/21/2009 12:17:54 PM
I agree with Bob:

If it were a printer connection issue, underlining would not be there.

I suspect what has happened is that you have upgraded to OS 10.6 but
migrated your old fonts back into the new system.  If you have, the bold and
italic faces won't be there.

Try this:

1)  Change Helvetica for Calibri

2)  Change Courier for Consolas

Does it come right?

Calibri and Consolas are the modern Unicode equivalents for Arial and
Courier.  Calibri is a little lighter than Helvetica, Consolas is tighter
and less fussy than Courier.

Both are designed for modern documents that appear on screen more often than
they appear on paper.  And both have a full set of faces in the font
suitcase.

If you want to fix this, I believe that you will need to remove the old
copies of Helvetica and Courier from your system so that the new OS 10.6
versions can appear.

Hope this helps

Mactopia is currently broken: the helpers are not seeing any of the
questions being posted.  Microsoft is working on the problem.  In the
meantime:

To successfully post in here, either use Google:
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.mac.office.word?lnk=

Or Microsoft Communities:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=micros
oft.public.mac.office.word&cat=en_US_3cf8ecf1-ca81-4391-b07d-8933029ee8a9&la
ng=en&cr=US

Or in Entourage, use the pre-configured Microsoft News server:
See "setting up Entourage for Newsreading" here:
http://word.mvps.org/Mac/AccessNewsgroups.html

On 21/11/09 11:17 PM, in article
C72D44A2.578AC%onlygeneraltaz1@com.cast.net, "Bob Jones"
<onlygeneraltaz1@com.cast.net> wrote:

> Hi Zack;
>
> I'm headed a different direction than John... My reasoning being that if it
> were a printer connection issue Print Preview would not render properly nor
> would you be able to print -- at least not effectively. I'm seeing it more
> as a probable font issue. Does it occur if you run Word from a different
> User Account?
>
> Run Apple's Font Book app to Resolve Duplicates & to Validate Fonts. The
> instructions for each are in the program's Help if you aren't familiar with
> it -- neither is a complicated task. You may also need to delete a file by
> the name of Office Font Cache (11) which is located in the directory:
>
> Home/Library/Preferences/Microsoft/
>
> Be certain no Office apps are running when you delete the file & empty the
> Trash. It will take Word a moment extra to launch while it rebuilds the
> cache file.
>
> HTH |:>)
> Bob Jones
> [MVP] Office:Mac
>

> On 11/21/09 5:38 AM, in article
> bcb14fef-0e04-447b-852a-54868b5a8534@m38g2000yqd.googlegroups.com, "Zack"
> <asdfi23453@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the replies!  If "Word has lost connection to the printer,"
>> how would I fix that?  Note that the font itself (courier, helvetica
>> etc) displays correctly; it's  just the font formatting (italic, bold)
>> that does not display.   When I go to print, the  correct (and only
>> printer) is shown in the print dialog box, and the actual hard copy
>> print is fine.
>>
>> Oddly enough, and contrary to what I wrote in my original post,
>> underlining DOES display correctly.
>>
>> I repair permissions routinely (last time was two days ago), and turn
>> off my computer (and the power strip into which it and all related
>> accessories are plugged into to) every night.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Zack

matters unless you intend to pay!

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
Sydney, Australia. | Ph: +61 (0)4 1209 1410
+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name

0
John
11/22/2009 2:31:57 AM
Ok. A little bit of progress.  I followed John's suggestion, and
replaced courier with Consolas.  Yup, the problem disappeared, and
both italic and bold displayed properly on my screen.

I then followed Cbertaz's advice, and checked the fonts out with Font
Book. Unfortunately, Font Book said that Courier is NOT duplicated,
and the font validated fine.  I tried trashing the Office Font Cache
(11) file, but this did not help - the problem with Courier not
displaying italic and bold remains.  I could try using Font Book to
remove the font, but since it is apparently NOT duplicated I assume I
would have to reinstall it, and I don't know exactly how to do this or
where I would get the font from (my OS 10.6 installation disc?  My
Office 2004 installation disc?).

UPDATE:  Now things are getting weird.  Courier will display bold and
italic properly if I set "zoom" to certain magnifcations.  If  "zoom"
is set  to 108 percent or above, bold and italic display.  If bold is
set between 100 and 107 percent, they don't display.  Between 91 and
99 percent they do display. 90 percent and lower, they don't
display.Very strange.  All I know is that in the past I've done almost
all my work in courier viewed at 100 percent, and italic and bold have
always displayed properly.

Further  advice appreciated!

Best,
Zack

0
Zack
11/23/2009 4:20:22 AM
Hi Zack:

OK:  NOW we're getting somewhere :-)

The issue is with Aliasing...  Font smoothing, to give it another name.

In System Preferences, look up "Font Smoothing".  You will find it on the
Appearance tab.

I have "Use LCD Font smoothing" turned on, because I am using a Dell LCD.  I
have "Turn off for sizes smaller than" set to 4pts because I have a
high-resolution monitor.

You may want to play with those settings.  You will probably need to restart
the computer for a change to take effect.

Why just that one font?  I wonder if it is a REALLY old bitmap font?  Do a
"Get Info" on the Font File...  Mine is Monotype Courier New version 5.00.2x
from 2008.

I have four files in the set:  Courier New, Courier New Bold, Courier New
Italic and Courier New Bold Italic.  All TTF (TrueType Fonts).

Check the version and date on your Courier files.  If it's one of the old
"Courier" fonts, as opposed to "Courier New", the font indeed may have no
information coded into it to control what happens when displayed by OS 10.6
on a modern high-res monitor.

In which case, you should hunt around on your OS 10.6 DVD for the new
version of that font and replace it.

Hope this helps

 --

Mactopia is currently broken: the helpers are not seeing any of the
questions being posted.  Microsoft is working on the problem.  In the
meantime:

To successfully post in here, either use Google:
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.mac.office.word?lnk=

Or Microsoft Communities:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=micros
oft.public.mac.office.word&cat=en_US_3cf8ecf1-ca81-4391-b07d-8933029ee8a9&la
ng=en&cr=US

Or in Entourage, use the pre-configured Microsoft News server:
See "setting up Entourage for Newsreading" here:
http://word.mvps.org/Mac/AccessNewsgroups.html

On 23/11/09 3:20 PM, in article
f3ec5aa7-3a76-4d0a-8acd-fdb6f5ee1d19@m33g2000vbi.googlegroups.com, "Zack"
<asdfi23453@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Ok. A little bit of progress.  I followed John's suggestion, and
> replaced courier with Consolas.  Yup, the problem disappeared, and
> both italic and bold displayed properly on my screen.
>
> I then followed Cbertaz's advice, and checked the fonts out with Font
> Book. Unfortunately, Font Book said that Courier is NOT duplicated,
> and the font validated fine.  I tried trashing the Office Font Cache
> (11) file, but this did not help - the problem with Courier not
> displaying italic and bold remains.  I could try using Font Book to
> remove the font, but since it is apparently NOT duplicated I assume I
> would have to reinstall it, and I don't know exactly how to do this or
> where I would get the font from (my OS 10.6 installation disc?  My
> Office 2004 installation disc?).
>
> UPDATE:  Now things are getting weird.  Courier will display bold and
> italic properly if I set "zoom" to certain magnifcations.  If  "zoom"
> is set  to 108 percent or above, bold and italic display.  If bold is
> set between 100 and 107 percent, they don't display.  Between 91 and
> 99 percent they do display. 90 percent and lower, they don't
> display.Very strange.  All I know is that in the past I've done almost
> all my work in courier viewed at 100 percent, and italic and bold have
> always displayed properly.
>
> Further  advice appreciated!
>
> Best,
> Zack

matters unless you intend to pay!

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
Sydney, Australia. | Ph: +61 (0)4 1209 1410
+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name

0
John
11/23/2009 12:45:31 PM
Whew!  Font Smoothing did the trick!  I had it turned off, since when
running Panther (which I did up until a few months ago) turning it on
made some of the system fonts on viewed on my old Apple 15" LCD
monitor look funky.   Turning it back on did in fact solve the problem
(why this is a problem that became visible only after the recent
update of Word 2004 - or possibly after the update from 10.6.1 to
10.6.2 - I have no idea).

Incidentally, my courier font is apparently up to date.  Get info says
it the version in my system library (presumably the only one I have,
since font book says there are no duplicates) is 6.1d5e1, created
7/16/09,

Thanks so much for everyone's  help!

Zack
0
Zack
11/23/2009 1:59:47 PM
Hi Zack:

Got it at last :-)

I suspect this problem becomes visible only at very specific zoom levels:
for example, that it will show at 91 per cent but not 92%.

When the stroke weight of a character in pixels is not an exact multiple of
the monitor resolution, and font smoothing is off, you will get these
"artefacts".

Fortunately, your description of the problem was accurate enough for us to
be able to recognise the cause :-)

Cheers

On 24/11/09 12:59 AM, in article
73b657bc-8937-497d-94d4-fd353e35d332@z7g2000vbl.googlegroups.com, "Zack"

 --

[...]

Copy lines from sheet 2 to sheet 6
I have some data in sheet 2 in col I. the data I want to capture is spaced by 7 spaces all the ay down: EX: I have data in sheet 2 col I row 1 ,7,14,21 etc I would like to show the data in Sheet 2 to Sheet 6 col B row 1,2,3,4, etc thanks On Sheet6, enter this in B1: =Sheet2!I1 And in B2 enter this: =INDEX(Sheet2!I:I,7*ROWS($1:1)) and copy down as needed. -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! ---------------------------------------------------------------------------...

How to add 5 min to current time ()
Greeting, How to add 5 min to current time ()?? On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 21:23:00 -0800, ghost <ghost@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Greeting, >How to add 5 min to current time ()?? DateAdd("n", 5, Now()) or for just a time value - actually a date/time value on December 30, 1899 - DateAdd("n", 5, Time()) -- John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

HOLIDAYS #5
Hello... Im using outlook 2000...i would like 2 show the UK and USA national holidays...ive tried importing them but they are still not showing. Any tips? Thanks -- @---}-- Laura..... :) "Do you know where you're going to?" ...

Task updates are lost in PS2007
We are using timesheets only and the resource enters their actual hours and remaining hours within thie timesheet. We only alllow resources to provide thier task updates via the timesheet. We are also using the codeplex and do not use the my task page at all. Sometimes the status manager does not get their task updates, but the actual hours show in the timesheet that was saved and submitted. Do you know of a fix for this, or is this a known bug? Hi, This NG is for the desktop versions of MS Project. Better repost in microsoft.public.project.server Greetings, -- Jan D...

Historical aged trial balance #6
Hi can anyone tell me the store procedure used to extract a Report Reports-Sales-Trial Balance-Historical aged trial balance Because the management want that report to be in Excel format Regards Thiru Hi, you can extract the report to excel format however u'll not get it in a readible format. You need to some formating. To extract the report, print the report to file and select tab delimited. This will give u in excel format. You can write a small macro and sort the things out to make it readible. regards Reddy On Jun 22, 9:04=A0am, Thirumal <Thiru...@discussions.microsoft.co...

Outlook client connect to exchange server 5.5 problem
Outlook client connect to exchange server 5.5, i get the following message box: "The name could not be resolved. The connection to the microsoft exchange server is unavailable. All other clients are able to connect and resolve the mailbox name. I can't ping and resolve the exchange server from the problems outlook client. The problems occur after i run repair the w2k pro. can anyone help? EL can not ping... well start with basic IP testing. use ipconfig /all from a command prompt on the misconfigured client. Check for DHCP default Gateway - make sure it looks like a client t...

Create Expression from Func? (3.5 SP1)
Hello: Is there are way to create an Expression from a Func? I don't like cluttering up my method signatures with the whole Expression<Func<TResult, T>> type. I would prefer for callers to simply see Func<TResult, T> instead. I'd like to take a Func and create an Expression from it. Is that possible? Thanks, Travis Parks Jehu Galeahsa wrote: > Hello: > > Is there are way to create an Expression from a Func? I don't like > cluttering up my method signatures with the whole > Expression<Func<TResult, T>> type. I would ...

I've just lost my ability to copy and paster in Excel.
The cell does not highlight when I hit copy. ...

MS Word should highlight non-contiguous repeated words also
MS Word generally highlights contiguous words which are mistakenly repeated when typing. Why not extend this help facility to non-contiguous repeated words within a sentence? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/co...

Amazing Problem in AllocPhysMem wince 6.0
Hi I am writing a Port Driver for x86 platform in WinCE 6.0. I want to allocate virtual and equivalent physical memory in driver and mapped it to USER mode to use application. For that I used AllocPhysMem in driver and passed that address through IOCTL calls but i cant use that virtual and physical address in application side. Because AllocPhysMem returns Error Code as 0x57 (meaning Parameter incorrect). But the same code is working in WinCe 5.0. My code snippet is, VirAddress = (LPVOID)AllocPhysMem(32, PAGE_READWRITE|PAGE_NOCACHE, 0, ...

SMTP connector on Exchange 5.5?
Does anyone know how to setup an SMTP connector on Exchange 5.5? Something that is equivalent to Exchange 2000 SMTP connector? Thank you, Jack Black IMS. On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 17:02:38 -0500, "Jack Black" <JackBlack@hat.com> wrote: >Does anyone know how to setup an SMTP connector on Exchange 5.5? Something >that is equivalent to Exchange 2000 SMTP connector? > >Thank you, Jack Black > ...

Tab order #5
Pressing tab or enter key selects next cell to the right or below. Is there a method by which the tab/enter order can be customized to enable other specific cells to be selected? Thx! Don't know about your version of Excel, but in mine: Tools>Options>Edit, Move selection after enter, Directions, gives you some options -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Manhar" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1c0bf01c4218d$e0db99d0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Pressing tab or enter key selects next cell to the right > or below. I...

search #6
hi i want to put a search option in a spredsheet so you can enter 3 or 4 criterias and it will search a page or a few pages for all the results that match the criteria, than it will return all the results to the 1st page, is this poss. please help thank you You can use an Advanced Filter to extract data to another sheet. There are instructions in Excel's Help, and here: http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html ash wrote: > hi i want to put a search option in a spredsheet so you can enter 3 or 4 > criterias and it will search a page or a few pages for all the results t...

GP 6.0 Security
Hi! I am setting User Classes in GP 6.0 and am interested if there's any document showing relations between windows, reports, files. Information in Tools/Resource Decriptions doesn't look usefull. For example if I need to enable Trial Balance Report option for the user, which Windows, Reports and Files have to be included in order for the report to print correctly without 'not privileged' errors. What should be better approach: disable everything and add wanted options or enable everything than disable just screens that I don't want users to see. Latter looks easi...

exchange 5.5
I have a user who is getting emails addressed to another person in their mailbox. I checked the headers and the email was only addressed to person A (no cc's or bcc's), yet person B got it in their mailbox. What could be causing this? I have exchange 5.5 with SP 4 installed on a Windows 2000 Server. Jason: UserA most likely has some type of rule set up on his/her mailbox. Log on to UserA's mailbox with Outlook and check the rules. Also, there might be a setting on the mailbox itself that forwards message to UserB, so check the Delivery Options tab of UserA's mailbox prop...

MsgBox 11-24-07
When a report is open I have a MsgBox which also opens, asking "would you like to print this document". If the operator Clicks on "no", then the MsgBox disappears, if they Click on "Yes" another MsgBox opens asking "how many copies would you like". is there a way to add field to this MsgBox into which the user can input a number of copies they would like, and then for it to produce the correct number. Cheers Steve You may want to try creating a pop-up form instead of a msgbox for this. In the macro or vba where you currenlty have your MsgBox, ...

Exchange 5.5 Reinstall & isinteg -patch
Let me give you the situation: I'm a brand new administrator just joining a medium sized (bout 2000 users all together) company. Specifically, I'm going to be handleing their move to Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003. One thing that I'm really distrubed by though is that their existing infrastructure is downright scary (their PDC died last week...so get this, they slapped the hard drives in another machine and prayed they could get it to come up...they did, but how crazy is that that that (like that? ;) ) happened at all.) Anyways, backk to their exchange org...they have three dom...

Word to Excel conversion
As we are able to mail merge from the Excel data, is it possible to convert MS Word labels into Excel Data? Hi how do you store your data currently?. If it is in a Word Table you may simply copy+paste thiese contents to Excel -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany vkumar2000@hotmail.com wrote: > As we are able to mail merge from the Excel data, is it > possible to convert MS Word labels into Excel Data? ...

Word merged with Access
I am using both Word and Access 2003. When I merge a Word Letter with Access, sometimes not all of the queries show up, in the drop down box, to link the letter with. Does anyone have any ideas of why this happens? Is there a way to make all of the queries show up? Are the queries limited to a certain number? I would appreciate any help or ideas that you can give me. Aurora Aurora Without more information, I can only guess... Any chance any of those queries that are not showing up are NOT "select" queries (i.e., they are Make Table, or Delete or Insert queri...

Word forces Save As when Saving
I have had this happen quite a few times since using Word 2007 (Office 2007 suite) over the last 1+ years . At some point while working in a Word document, I press Ctrl-S to save and instead of saving the doc as usually happens, the Save As dialog comes up and I am forced to save the document with another name. This is very, very frustrating and completely interrupts my workflow because after saving with a new name, I have to close the document, delete the original so I can rename the saved-as doc with the right name. This seems to happen when I've been working in the sam...

Amount in words to be printed on the invoice
Hi Mates, I need to print the invoice amount in words in MRMS 2.0 Any suggestions Thanks this is available through Microsoft. check out the following site: https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/downloads/reportslibrary/rms_reportslibrary.htm "RK" wrote: > Hi Mates, > > I need to print the invoice amount in words in MRMS 2.0 > > Any suggestions > > Thanks ...

upgrading exchange 5 to 5.5
I have a single exchange 5.x organization with 5 sites, one server in each site. One server is running exchange 5, the rest are on 5.5 SP4. I want to prepare the organization for a 5.5/2003 mixed mode situation. Can I in place upgrade the 5 to 5.5? Has anyone had any problems or advice with regards to doing this? If it can't be in place upgraded, what are the alternatives for 2003 preparation? Thanks, James ...

5.5 actual database size
Which formula does exchange 5.5 standard use to decide if it's reached 16G 1. Database size = file size 2. Database size = file size - free space (shown by event 1221) I just need to know if I have to do an offline defrag or not as event 1221 is showing around 4G of free space (after a lot of archiving) but the file size is very close to 16G. Thanks in advance. Pete "=?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZUw=?=" <PeteL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:367267BB-1251-4F6A-9101-A6751320EB23@microsoft.com: > Which formula does exchange 5.5 standard use to decide if it's reached...

sorting numbers #5
Hi were have problems in sorting out our inventory item numbers. We have over 15,000 item numbers that can't be changed or zeros deleted. The problem is when there are zeros in the item number. Excell sort CA0002 CA00020 CA0021 CA02 CA021 CA02C Needs to be CA0002 CA02 CA02C CA00020 CA0021 CA021 Thanks Darkjedi -- darkjedi ------------------------------------------------------------------------ darkjedi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29153 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=488748 Since I didn't re...

Public Folder Migration #5
I want to migrate my Public Folders to a new Exchange server mail server. I have migrated my mailboxes using ExMerge, however, I have no idea on how to migrate my Public Folders. Please help me. Thanks, S Add Your new exchange server also to public folder replication server list. Once it get replicated you can remove old exchange server. And all public folder will be by default Mail enabled public folders when you migrate. Regards, Mallika. "Skc" wrote: > I want to migrate my Public Folders to a new Exchange server mail server. > > I have migrated my mailboxes us...