Error message: Office cannot connect to the internet

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

When trying to use the translate function in the reference tools, office gives the error message "Office cannot connect to the internet" I know for a fact that my computer is connected to the internet so I am left very confused.
0
matrumz

Your computer very well may be connected to the internet but apparently it
isn't sharing that resource with Office... Check the settings in System
Preferences for the applications, Firewall & User Account. Once they're set
correctly run Disk Utility - Repair Disk Permissions & restart your Mac.

--
Regards |:>)
Bob Jones

<matrumz@officeformac.com> wrote in message
> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel
> When trying to use the translate function in the reference tools, office
> gives the error message "Office cannot connect to the internet" I know for
> a fact that my computer is connected to the internet so I am left very
> confused.

0
CyberTaz

Exporting all messages
Hi! I have Windows 2000 Prof. and want to change to Win 2003 Server. I have already exported all accounts and newsgroups from Outlook Express 6 to a file. The problem is that I can't export all messages. Can you tell me if it's possible to export all messages from all folders to a file and then to import all folders with messages from this file into another outlook under my new operating system? I have dozens of important messages in my Outlook Express folders and I can lost it. If the export is not possible which files do I need to copy and replace in new version to have all the mess...

stack fault error when browsing address book
I have a problem that occurs when browsing the address book "Contacts" that results in the error message: OUTLOOK has caused a stack fault in MSPST32.DLL and the termination of Outlook I've updated the Win98Se and the Office 2000, tried the steps in the KB218853, and searched the newsgroup and KB to no avail. Also tried the Inbox repair tool (scanpst.exe) which found only minor problems and repaired them. I can look at the entire "Contacts" folder in Outlook without problems. This does not appear to be related to any contact record. Thanks Steve ...

ExMerge 'Error configuring message service'
Hi All, I am running into this error when trying to import a PST into Exchange 2003 SP1 (on SBS 2003): Error configuring message service (MSPST MS) (MAPI_E_EXTENDED_ERROR) (CMapiSession::CreateEMSPSTProfile) I know this matches a KB article exactly, but the PST is NOT read only (I have even made it read only and then not read only just to make sure). I am pretty sure I have correctly removed deny send and receive as. I can export to a PST from the mailbox in question and then re-import the exported PST. The mailbox does not have any limits and does have messages so it is initialize...

How to suppress "Entourage cannot find server" message when offline?

Out of Office #20
Outlook 2002. I need to create a rule that will include the original message in my reply. Can this be done? Use code. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, PMS asked: | Outlook 2002. I need to create a rule that will include | the original message in my reply. Can this be done? ...

Install Office X on 2 Desktops
I have recently purchased and installed Office X on my iMac (did not register yet) I would like to know if I can also install same on my new G5 and register at that time? I can uninstall from iMac if required. Can I do 2 desktops in lieu of a desktop and a laptop? Unfortunately installing Office X on two desktops is prohibited by the terms of the EULA, and many people have posted here regarding the fact that on many occasions doing this prevents the application from launching. You'll need to uninstall the software from one of the desktop machines. You have no limitations on product regi...

Case select returning error when cell contains #N/A : how must i avoid this error
Title says it all Thanks, Luc maybe this will do what you want Sub test() If Not IsError(Range("C1").Value) Then Select Case Range("C1").Value Case 1 MsgBox "1" Case 2 MsgBox "2" End Select End If End Sub -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Luc" <lferr@live.be> wrote in message news:7AB07996-F1EE-41C1-8D9D-8A7DA54CED91@microsoft.com... > Title says it all > > Thanks, > > Luc Thanks for your help !!!!! Luc "Gary Keramidas" <GKeramidasAtMSN.com> schreef in berich...

Error Code: 0x8024D007
Hi all: I have tried pretty much evrything listed here in other discussions. It appears that my last update was January 2010. I am running XP sp3. I would hope by now Microsoft would have a general fix for WUS issues. I know this is a compllex issue but so many people can no longer get updtaes. is this their way of trying to force us all to Win 7? Any help would be appreciated. Thx Michael Michael, The most common cause of error 0x8024D007 is that registry files that correspond to the Wups2.dll file are missing. However, the problem can also be caused by other mis...

power point error
get the following error when double clicking a slideshow in Outlook: Procedure entry point GetProcessImageFileNameW could not be located in the dynamic link library. PSAPI.DLL Originally I thought it could be a problem with PowerPoint 2007 so I had Unistalled the Office suite and reinstalled it however the problem still arised. Even repairing the Office suite did not help. I tried using the sfc /scannow but to no avale. I also tried renaming the PSAPI.DLL to PSAPIOLD.DLL rebooted the machine and then it created a new PSAPI.DLL file. Still the error arises. Then I had tried repar...

Error C2440 cannot convert from void
I got this error a few days ago and after much searching and still stuck on the problem. Any help given will be greatly appreciated. Error 1 error C2440: 'static_cast' : cannot convert from 'void (__thiscall CPage1::* )(void)' to 'LRESULT (__thiscall CWnd::* )(WPARAM,LPARAM)' The error occurred in this code: BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP(CPage1, CPropertyPage) //{{AFX_MSG_MAP(CPage1) ON_WM_DESTROY() ON_WM_TIMER() ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_BUTTON_PROV_ADD, OnButtonProvAdd) ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_BUTTON_PROV_EDIT, OnButtonProvEdit) ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_BU...

Conversion Errors Table
Hello, I'm new to working with Access, I just converted an Access 97 databas into Access 2002. It tells me there were errors, and to look at th Conversion Errors Table. But nowhere in the message or in the MS Hel is there anything telling me where to find this table. Can someon help? Thanks Patric -- psha ----------------------------------------------------------------------- pshaw's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=493 View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=125029 Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i I'd expect to find it in the new...

odbc connection with access comma is not showing
I have made a ODBC connection between NAVISION and Access. When I run the query a number "23" shows up as "2300000". I think the comma is not showing maybe because of setting problem. I do not know how to fix this. In the Navsion database figures are correct. sounds like a ODBC driver problem. Probably due to precision see http://dynamicsuser.net/forums/t/6072.aspx Pieter "Remko Strik" <Remko Strik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F83F3871-DDCB-44E7-BC50-6CAD87659284@microsoft.com... >I have made a ODBC connection between NAVISION ...

Transmitting large encrypted messages
I use digital signatures and encryption to transfer sensitive data to and from customers, and have found that Outlook 2002 SP2 (on a P IV computer running WIN XP Pro SP1, standalone, but with broadband internet access) times out when trying to send an email with an attachment as small as 1 meg. The error message is that the ISP SMTP server has timed out. The ISP technicians tell me, not so, it's Outlook's problem. In troubleshooting, I've changed Outlook's automatic send/receive timing to look every 5 minutes from every 1 minute. No change. Outlook still tries to send the m...

Receive messages in Inbox of OE months after they were sent
tCan anyone help with this? What could possibly cause messages to not appear in the OE Inbox until weeks or months later after being sent? OE is set up to keep a copy of messages on the server when downloading to OE. Will see a message in the server Inbox, but not in OE Inbox. Months later, suddenly it is showing in the OE Inbox ( but now is not showing in the isp inbox) I have never seen this before & tryingg to help someone who is having this issue. The person says they do not keep alot of messages in OE, reads & deletes them, doesn't use the OE Inbox for sto...

how to delete Microsoft office
How can i delete microsoft office from my computer. i downloaded the demo but i don't want it anymore. Thank you "Dany" <Dany@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2B2C1A8-2A65-4E97-BE3B-EC2DC2D42107@microsoft.com... > How can i delete microsoft office from my computer. i downloaded the demo > but > i don't want it anymore. Thank you Control Panel, Add and Remove Programs, Microsoft Office, Remove. Dany Or if you cannot as Jeff posted then see the below http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218 -- Peter Please Reply to ...

XMLA .NET connection problem
Hi, After install msxml 4.0 and XMLASDK 1.1, i proceed to configure the datasource.xml file, as follow: <DataSource> <DataSourceName>FoodMart 2000</DataSourceName> <DataSourceDescription>Microsoft Analysis Server 2000 on local machine</DataSourceDescription> <URL>http://localhost/xmla/msxisapi.dll</URL> <DataSourceInfo>Provider=MSOLAP.2;Data Source=md001144</DataSourceInfo> <ProviderName>Microsoft XML for Analysis</ProviderName> <ProviderType> <TDP/> <MDP/> <DMP/> </ProviderType>...

Error Msg.
Can anyone decipher this error message: DVZMSGR caused an invalid page fault in module MSVCRT.DLL at 0167:78001296. Registers: EAX=00650078 CS=0167 EIP=78001296 EFLGS=00010202 EBX=0075000c SS=016f ESP=0063f728 EBP=0063f748 ECX=0064fc40 DS=016f ESI=0000003f FS=393f EDX=00650448 ES=016f EDI=0000003f GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: 89 4c 11 fc 8b 75 f0 03 d1 8d 4e 01 89 0a 89 4c Stack dump: 00000000 00000040 780013d0 816d0238 00000050 006503c0 0064fc40 00000001 0063f77c 7800145c 0075000c 00000000 ffffffff 780013d0 bff7b9c5 816d0204 ...

internet explorer 03-01-10
internet explorer clashed remove and re-install but still cannot what should I do ? I must use Internet explorer "joanna" <joanna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:109CCED0-F22D-4B62-A71C-3FCD690BAF5E@microsoft.com... > internet explorer clashed With what? What version of IE? What version of Windows? joanna wrote: > internet explorer clashed > remove and re-install but still cannot > what should I do ? > I must use Internet explorer Very nice poem! Your question does not contain all the required information neede...

Money 2004 Deluxe Start error after install
After a fresh install of Money 2004 Deluxe in Windows XP Home I get an error box that says "Microsoft Money has encountered an error and needs to close" There is a box checked that says " Restart Microsoft Money" but it never restarts. Th error signature - AppVer: 12.0.0.613 Mod Name: kernel32.dll Offset: 00013887 Under technical information - Exception information Code: 0xe06d7363 Flags: 0x00000001 Address: 0x0000000077e73887 Is this a Windows error or did I waste my money on a software package. Please help - thanks In microsof...

Connecting to database
I'm trying to connect some back office computers to the database so that several people can access RMS Manager at the same time. I've been succesful with one computer so far, but not with the second. The second one, which is not connecting to the database, connects to everything else on the nextwork. I get error number 2147467259 when I try to test the connection. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks in advance! "Chuck Elnekave" <Chuck Elnekave@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:50B274D0-27F6-4260-B47C-BDF3FE0C8933@microsoft.com... > I'...

Help Needed With Write Conflict Error Message.
I have an order form that users open and close on a regular basis. The form is based on a query. On the form are two fields, "TicketPrinted" and "RevisedDate". Most of the time the field "Ticket Printed" has a value in it of "Yes". What I want to be able to do is that if a date is entered into this "RevisedDate" field, OR if the information is changed in this "Revised Date" field, that when the user closed the form, an update query runs that changes the "TicketPrinted" field from the original value of "Yes"...

Outgoing messages occasionally don't get sent
I'm having a very strange problem with Outlook 2007. 99% of the time everything worked fine but once in awhile outgoing messages do not get sent and remain in the outbox. The only way I can get them to be sent is too close Outlook and then restart it at which time the messages get sent. When I close outlook I get the message that says I have mail in my outbox, do I want to close anyway or not close so Outlook knows there is mail there. I've tried pressing F9 and even then the mail doesn't get sent. I'm running this on a laptop using Microsoft Vista Home Premium and my mail...

6/8/2010 Microsoft Office Security Updates failing to install.
All 6 fail to install. Both of the necessary Service Packs are installed on my system. Now what? Just delete them? Kirk MI wrote: > All 6 fail to install. > > Both of the necessary Service Packs are installed on my system. > > Now what? Just delete them? Lack of given information... "Both of the necessary Service Packs" <-- what necessary service packs for what prodcut. I know your subject says "Microsoft Office", but... yeah - there is not just one version of Microsoft Office and you might not even be speaking of Microsoft O...

XmlValidatingReader unbelievable error
Hi everyone, I am trying now for 4-5 hours to write a simple code to validate a very simple XML and i still get an error. Here is my Code, and i always get an error at args.Exception ("The 'urn:books:catalog' element is not declared. An error occurred at file:///c:/inetpub/wwwroot/LakisService/books.xml, (2, 2).") private void Button2_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { XmlTextReader r = new XmlTextReader(Server.MapPath("books.xml")); XmlSchema xs = new XmlSchema(); xs.SourceUri = Server.MapPath("books.xsd"); XmlValidatingReader v = new X...

Ghost messages #2
I have a user that is receiving emails from an email account that no longer exists on our Exchange 5.5 server. These are email messages that are addressed to a current employee from an employee who is no longer here, not a user who is simply receiving emails addressed to an employee who is no longer here. Can Exchange 5.5 hold messages that are scheduled for a future date separate from the mailbox that created them? Thanks, Robert "Robert" <rwalker@loislaw.com> wrote: >I have a user that is receiving emails from an email >account that no longer exists on our Ex...