Displaying Total Word Count on Cover Sheet

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

I want to display/show the Total Word count of  my document on the Cover Page, when I print my document is is there on the Cover Page. How can I do that? Is there an Auto Text or something like that that I can use? Please anyone reply please.
0
Bukapoint

You can use Insert> Field to insert the NumWords Field from the Document
Information category. However, the field does not update automatically. You
need to update it manually by clicking in the field & pressing F9, by
Control/Right-Clicking the Field & selecting 'Update Field' in the
contextual menu, or by switching to either Draft View or Print Preview &
then back to Print Layout View.

There are other considerations dependent on what "cover page" you're using,
whether you put the field in the document body or in the Header, or whether
it's in a Text Box, etc. If you have any difficulties provide more specific
details about the structure of your document & exactly what the problem is.

Additionally, go to Word> Preferences> Print you can check the box for
'Update Fields' to insure that the updating takes place whenever you print
the document even if you haven't done so manually.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 3/24/10 5:37 AM, in article 59bb5d45.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"Bukapoint@officeformac.com" <Bukapoint@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I
> want to display/show the Total Word count of  my document on the Cover Page,
> when I print my document is is there on the Cover Page. How can I do that? Is
> there an Auto Text or something like that that I can use? Please anyone reply
> please.

0
CyberTaz
3/24/2010 11:08:24 AM
Do note that the NUMWORDS field does not count text in in headers, footers, footnotes, endnotes or textboxes & other shape objects.
Neither does it count hidden text unless Word is configured to print hidden text.

--
Cheers
macropod

"CyberTaz" <onlygeneraltaz1@com.cast.net> wrote in message news:C7CF6AE8.5CA7F%onlygeneraltaz1@com.cast.net...
> You can use Insert> Field to insert the NumWords Field from the Document
> Information category. However, the field does not update automatically. You
> need to update it manually by clicking in the field & pressing F9, by
> Control/Right-Clicking the Field & selecting 'Update Field' in the
> contextual menu, or by switching to either Draft View or Print Preview &
> then back to Print Layout View.
>
> There are other considerations dependent on what "cover page" you're using,
> whether you put the field in the document body or in the Header, or whether
> it's in a Text Box, etc. If you have any difficulties provide more specific
> details about the structure of your document & exactly what the problem is.
>
> Additionally, go to Word> Preferences> Print you can check the box for
> 'Update Fields' to insure that the updating takes place whenever you print
> the document even if you haven't done so manually.
>
> HTH |:>)
> Bob Jones
> [MVP] Office:Mac
>

> On 3/24/10 5:37 AM, in article 59bb5d45.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
> "Bukapoint@officeformac.com" <Bukapoint@officeformac.com> wrote:
>
>> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I
>> want to display/show the Total Word count of  my document on the Cover Page,
>> when I print my document is is there on the Cover Page. How can I do that? Is
>> there an Auto Text or something like that that I can use? Please anyone reply
>> please.

0
macropod
3/24/2010 11:32:34 AM
Perfect, perfect, perfect !! Thats exactly what I needed and everything just worked perfectly. Ur a champion, buddy. Thanks. <br><br>Have a good one. Bye
0
Bukapoint

I have email type headers on the top of speed sheet How to remove.
I have email type headers at the top of my excel sheet How do I remove this. I can't find where it came from It is not in the toolbars menu thanks Jim Hi could you post an example "jjrocks" wrote: > I have email type headers at the top of my excel sheet > How do I remove this. > I can't find where it came from > It is not in the toolbars menu > > thanks > Jim Hi jjrocks Click on the Mail button in the standard toolbar And save the file -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "jjrocks" <jjrocks@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Local Range Name & Sheet Duplication
Hi, In my workbook, I have a global variable sheet called "GlobalVars" and individual worksheets. The GlobalVars will have variables that affect all calculation sheets. My variables are localized to this sheet. An individual worksheet represents a region. It will use both specific region inputs and global variables (brought over from GlobalVars) . It performs the region's calculations. Again, all variables are localized. I want to be able to duplicate an individual worksheet as many times as needed. But when I do this, the variables from GlobalVars break. I am left...

change column to row display

Count if past today ()
Hi all, Trying to count the amount of risks the are open and and past todays date by 30 days... So far i have =COUNTIF(C9:C98,"Open"'(R2) Risks Log'!C9:C98,">="&TODAY() - 7)) but i can not get this to work :( Hi, Maybe this =SUMPRODUCT((C9:C98="Open")*('(R2) Risks Log'!C9:C98<>"")*('(R2) Risks Log'!C9:C98<=TODAY()-30)) -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. ...

Outlook Contact Sheet
How do I edit the Field names on the Contact Sheet? For example, under "General" how would I change the "Company" field to read as something else? ...

Change Actual Revenue display in Opportunity
Can anyone tell me how to change the Actual Revenue display name in Opportunity. This field is on the Close Opportunity screen when you Close an Opportunity. I have located the attribute in Opportunity and change the display name but at the Close Opportunity screen it still states Actual Revenue. Thanks. -- dwoo Hi, Close Opportunity screen is based on system entity "Opportunity Close". Display Name of attributes of this entity cannot be changed. You will have to look for some other workaround to implement required functionlity. Kind Regards, Rohit "dwoo" wrot...

Make cell display 0 if number is negative
Hi, How would I go about making a cell that contains a formula read and display any number less than zero as zero. Can this be done? Any help would be appreciated! Hopefully this will be my last question:c) Ron One way: =MAX(<your formula here>,0) In article <el$#m2WhEHA.384@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>, "Ron King" <montyboy@earthlink.net> wrote: > Hi, > How would I go about making a cell that contains a formula read and > display any number less than zero as zero. Can this be done? Any help > would be appreciated! Hopefully this will ...

Total in Pivot Table
Dear all, In my pivot table, for example, I have 20 customers with their sales amount. Then I made a sort by sales amount and for presentation I put in pivot table to show the 10 bigger customers. But my problem is that the total only sum the 10 customer selected and I would like that the total represents the sum of all customers. I have been tried to click in pivot table - options and flag the field - selected subtotal in hidden itens, but it is not working. Could you help me with this matter??? Thanks in advance!!! Andr=E9 ...

Word 2007 opens slow
When I open Word 2007 by clicking on any document, it takes up to 2 minutes for the program to load. If Word is already open and I click on a document, it opens right away. This is a new problem that has just come up recently although I have had Word 2007 for several months. -- Mike E Try repairing the Office installation: Click the Office button, and then click Word Options. In the Resources category, click Diagnose. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP (Message posted via NNTP) "Mike E" <MikeE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CEAA32...

Convert Word Document to vCard
One of our users gave me a lengthy address list in Word (as a straight list, not as a table). It includes home addresses, work addresses, phone numbers, e-mail addresses, etc. He wants me to convert it to vCard. The only instructions I found online are for converting Outlook contacts to vCard. Is there any way to convert this Word doc to vCard, even if I have to convert it to Excel first? On Wed, 29 Oct 2008, dwilt@historyassociates.com wrote: >One of our users gave me a lengthy address list in Word (as a straight >list, not as a table). It includes home addresses, work addresses, ...

Access 2007 Export to Word crash
I use Access 2003 to make .mde Some users have Access 2007 installed. Everything is fine except when they click 'Export to Word' when my report displayed, it crashes. All Access 2007 users reported same. I know how to export to PDF but users want to use my report as a base to modify it in Word. Any VBA code to go around this problem? ...

Total unchecked check boxes
Hello, How do you sum unchecked check boxes? Thanks in advance, Ellen Add 1 to the field and sum them. =Sum([MyField]+1) -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "EllenM" wrote: > Hello, > How do you sum unchecked check boxes? > > Thanks in advance, > Ellen Thanks Duane! ...

Word X
I get this error when opening MS Word 10.1.1. Also, Entourage won't launch. Anyone have any suggestions? Hi James, First thing you need to do is install the Office X updates available here: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.aspx#OfficeX You can skip the 10.1.3 update because it is incorporated into the 10.1.4 update. Then use Disk Utility First Aid to repair permissions on OSX. -Jim Gordon Mac MVP All responses should be made to this newsgroup within the same thread. Thanks. About Microsoft MVPs: http://www.mvps.org/ Search for help with the free Google search Excel add-in: &l...

Need to search through an entire exch 5.5 database for a key word.
I need to be able to search through an entire exchange 5.5 information store (all mailboxes, all folders, all everything!) for a specific word. Is this possible? If so, how? Do I need a 3rd party tool or is it built in. Thanks! I wrote followin in the other blog: This is a feature with Microsoft Search service and its a part of Windows 2000. Exchange 2000 uses it when you enable "Full Text Indexing". (Its even there in Exchnage 2003) As far as I can remember, it was not a feature in Ex5.5 and yo will need to research on net for some software to enable the test search/indexin...

Desktop shows through instead of sheet
When opening Excel sometimes on a windows 2000 OS, office XP sp3 it'll just show the desktop and the top and bottom of a worksheet. If I minimize the screen and then maximize it'll show ok. Any suggestions on how to get this fixed? TIA I've never seen this, but I have seen posts describing this problem. Some even say that they have to reboot to make it look ok. (It sounds like they would be happy if your solution worked for them!) (No, I don't have a fix.) Gav wrote: > > When opening Excel sometimes on a windows 2000 OS, office > XP sp3 it'll just sho...

Display Data In Form From A Query
I have a form with the Control Source as "=Query!QTYForPPMProduction!SumOfQTY_PRODUCED" and this query runs prior to the form opening. The query runs fine, and the proper data displays in the datasheet view, but my form Text Box will not show the data. Any suggestions out there? =DLookup("[SumOfQTY_PRODUCED]", "[QTYForPPMProduction]") -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "GeorgeSoares" <GeorgeSoares@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F2E1E06-8772-4E6F-B1A7-647E14A1A7F0@microsoft.c...

Sort creating total errors
I have a spreadsheet with about 20 columns and 8,000 rows. I have numerical data in most of the columns corresponding to people. Like this: John 9 6 Debbie 9 5 James 8 5 Total 26 16 If I highlight all columns and do a sort by the person's name, the total number at the bottom changes even if the data has not changed. Do you know why this is happening? Thanks in advance for any help! What are the formulas you used in those total cells? excel idiot wrote: > > I have a spreadsheet with about 20 columns and 8,000 rows. I have numerica...

How to keep a running total on a col that has frequent new entires
Hello all. This is my first post in the excel groups, so I was not sure which group would be most appropriate for my question (so please forgive the crosspost). I want to do something that seems so simple, but I have not yet figured out how to best do it. I will be entering several fields of data such that a1 - b1 = c1 with subsequent rows entered as data becomes available such that the next row would be a2 - b2 = c2, and so on. I want a total of column 'C' such that every day when I enter a row of new data that the total of all entries in column 'C' moves down as new...

Displaying decimal places in Access
Can I pursuade Access to show me decimal places on data I have already entered. At the moment everything gets rounded up or down. I've done what is needed to change for future inputing but old data is still not showing what I want. Hoping someone can help jille jille wrote: > Can I pursuade Access to show me decimal places on data I have already > entered. At the moment everything gets rounded up or down. I've > done what is needed to change for future inputing but old data is > still not showing what I want. > > Hoping someone can help > jille What i...

Steps in displaying a UTF-16 BMP value using TextOutW() ???
Assuming that the typeface represents the character in question, exactly what additional steps are required to display a character glyph that is within the Basic Multi-lingual Plane? Do I have to select a specific CharSet that differs depending upon the BMP value? lfCharSet Specifies the character set. The following values are predefined: ANSI_CHARSET BALTIC_CHARSET CHINESEBIG5_CHARSET DEFAULT_CHARSET EASTEUROPE_CHARSET GB2312_CHARSET GREEK_CHARSET HANGUL_CHARSET MAC_CHARSET OEM_CHARSET RUSSIAN_CHARSET SHIFTJIS_CHARSET SYMBOL_CHARSET TURKISH_CHARSET I don't think these actually ap...

Best way to display XML
Hello, i have a big XML file, i load the xml to a xmldocument. My question is, how is the best way to display de information (aspx page). I tryng load the xml into a dataset an then displaying into a grid, but the structure of the xml (combinations of the attributes and nodes) is dificult to take into a dataset, and not represent well de model of the xml. My xml not have allways the same structure, it depends to the parameter that i give a some webservice, and this webservice give a XML resultant to the query. note: I have de schema of the xml Only i need your opinions and experience. Th...

Copy Excel sheet into IE environment
Hi all, When I am using IE to open some Excel file (use asp code and auto run VBA in the excel file) I name this file is "A", then open other excel file (use excel environment) I name this file is "B". I try to copy (using move or copy function in excel) a work sheet from "A" to "B", the function cannot show "B" file for me to select, but on the other hand I try to copy (using same method) a work sheet from "B" to "A", the function is work and show file "A" in the selection box, if anyone know the reason, ...

Display/Pull images from web onto form/into table?
Hello: I am experimenting with using Amazon Web Services to pull information into an Access database. I want to be able to use the cover art images Amazon makes available. At this point, I have gotten as far as being able to acquire the URL that points to the image. I thought this would be easy but I am struggling: 1. Is there a way, on a form, to set an image control to display the image using a URL as a pointer? Is the web browser control the only way to do this? 2. Is it possible / really hard to do / easy to somehow actually download the image into the table using VBA? Thanks! F...

Combo box display
Using A2K, I have 2 combo boxes on a continuous form, cboCompany and cboDescription. After I make a selection in cboCompany, I would like to have only descriptions from cboCompany display for selection in cboDescription. In a query, I looked for descriptions from the form and cboCompany. This works for the first occurrence of the continuous form, but the same descriptions are displayed for each additional line even if a new company has been selected on cboCompany. How can I get this to work? Thank, Dan Hi danc09 After each selection of cboCompany you need to requery cboDecsription ...

Outlook 2002 Inbox failed to display email list
Outlook 2002 failed to display email list in the inbox, "Can't display information in inbox folder.". But it is workable for other folder like " deleted mail". ...