disappearing document

Version: 2008

I prepare a WORD document. Then I click on Toolbox and the document disappears. This didn't use to happen.....  <br>
Why is it happened? How do I get my document to stay on the screen?
0
ginnijay

You have not told us which updates you have applied to OS X and MS Office.
Ensure you are fully updated.

On 5/04/10 12:21 AM, in article 59bb6722.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"ginnijay@officeformac.com" <ginnijay@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I prepare a WORD
> document. Then I click on Toolbox and the document disappears. This didn't use
> to happen.....
> Why is it happened? How do I get my document to stay on the screen?

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd

John

why now are all my documents shown as a paint file?
I click on a document and paint tries to open it and says it is not a valid graphic file. I don't want paint to open it. I want word to open it and am still trying to figure out how this happens and get my documents shown with little text icons instead of the paint icon... in spite of this I do like windows seven. charlie Something (or someone) inadvertently changed your file association for .DOC files. To fix: 1.) Open Windows Explorer 2.) Naviage to where you have a document (.doc or .docx) file (If you don't have file extensions showing, you may need to eith...

Email message briefly appears in inbox, then "disappears"
Hello, I have a single user who does not receive emails from a third-party application. The application is configured with the users email address and the exchange mail server IP. The user can send email from this application, but cannot receive any email from other users who originate an email message from this third-party application. These messages are almost strictly internal to the company, and at the same physical location. The user cannot receive an email that they have sent to themselves from this application either. I have exchange 2003 and have tracked these messages and fr...

Convert document to word
I have a document that was created with Publisher and I would like to save it to a Word document, so others who might not have Publisher can view it. I am not sure how to do this and would appreciate some help. Once you convert it to Word, you defeat the purpose of using Publisher. Convert it to a .pdf file. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Richard Mahan" <dmachen35@comcast.net> wrote in message news:TuCdnWKCu5A62CvZnZ2dnUVZ_qKdnZ2d@comcast.com... > I have a document that was created with Publisher and I would like to > save it to a ...

How do I copy & paste a document and e-mail it?
What version Publisher? What email program? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Email a document" <Email a document@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E059E6C0-F42B-4856-9064-F2768F5945BD@microsoft.com... > ...

Recover word document
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Took one hour to setup new word document. Had to close in a hurry, and hit &quot;do not save&quot; button by accident. Can I still recover document? Many thanks! Sorry, but if it was never saved there is nothing to recover. What you do is not written to your HD until you actually save... Until then the document only exists in memory (RAM) & simply evaporates if you close without saving. Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 2/14/10 10:24 AM, in article 59bb2cf7.-1@webcrossing...

Print a Windows 7 Word document using Windows XP
I created a Word document on my home computer where I have Windows 7. When trying to open the document on my work computer (has Windows XP and Microsoft Office 2003) I receive an error stating, "Word cannot start the converter mswrd632.wpc." I need to open the document at work. What steps do I need to take to accomplish this? -- Strong-minded On Feb 2, 6:05=A0pm, strongminded <strongmin...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I created a Word document on my home computer where I have Windows 7. Whe= n > trying to open the document on my work computer...

Excel data completely disappeared
Please can someone help me with a problem I am having. I created a spreadsheet with Excel and included a 'comments' column designed to appear with a mouseover. I saved the spreadsheet and tested it out, everything ok ... until I went to view it the next day and every single comment has disappeared !! Even the red triangles have completely disappeared ... this is really weird. Can anyone throw any light on this ? TIA, cool4cats -- cool4cats ------------------------------------------------------------------------ cool4cats's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?actio...

Opening a Word document in Outlook 2003
Everytime I open a Word document in Outlook 2003, the word document opens up in a split pane and I have to click View - Normal to view the document the way I like. Is there a way to retain that setting so I don't have to click View - Normal each time? Hello Anthony, A> Everytime I open a Word document in Outlook 2003, the word document A> opens up in a split pane and I have to click View - Normal to view A> the document the way I like. Is there a way to retain that setting A> so I don't have to click View - Normal each time? A> Open Word 2003. Click Tools / Opt...

Unwanted date at top of document
I have Windows for Mac. Word document just created has a date automatically inserted. I want to print document without this date but can't sort out how to delete it. Can you help asap. Thanks. have you tried selecting the date. if its a an inserted (from Insert menu) Date & Time or Field just double clicking on it to select it and hitting delete should get rid of it. patsy1@officeformac.com wrote: > I have Windows for Mac. Word document just created has a date > automatically inserted. I want to print document without this date but > can't sort out how to...

Scanning into Document Imaging
I scanned five pages from my HP D135 automatic document feeder and only one appeared in MS Document Imaging. The others had no visable text. I've read all the help text, what do I do? ...

Outlook Express: Suddenly all my inbox emails disappear!
Outlook Express: Suddenly all my inbox emails disappear! Please advise for "restoring" my inbox emails back. Thanks a lot. Val val wrote: > Outlook Express: Suddenly all my inbox emails disappear! > Please advise for "restoring" my inbox emails back. Thanks > a lot. Val This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexp...

Documentation for restricting access to navigation pane lists
It is difficult to remove access from the navigation pane lists. Detailed steps would be extremely useful ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=c53b3325-7a37-449...

how do i change the amount of recent documents on my file menu?
Please could anyone email me on da_snogaholic@hotmail.com with the answer! Hi see your other post "Kay c" wrote: > Please could anyone email me on da_snogaholic@hotmail.com with the answer! ...

Color and BW printing on multipage duplexed document
I am trying to print multple pages, back to back. Some of the pages are in color and some in black/white... Is there a way to get color on one side and b/w on the other if the file is all in color? If one side is created as black and white, shouldn't your printer print it that way? Or instead of using a duplex unit, print the fronts and manually turn the pages over. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Wanda" <Wanda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80FCFC12-2475-4030-971B-94F141A73...

why do emails in the inbox disappear when I reply to them?
When I reply to an email in microsoft outlook, the email disappears from the inbox. Does anyone know why? Where does the email go? When I search for the email it will find it and tell me its still in the inbox, but it isnt Have you checked to ensure no rules or filters are applied within Outlook? >-----Original Message----- >When I reply to an email in microsoft outlook, the email disappears from the >inbox. Does anyone know why? Where does the email go? When I search for >the email it will find it and tell me its still in the inbox, but it isnt >. > Fonzy &l...

How can I enlarge a document
I have just set up a 12 page - one page for each month - planner for 2010. I used a wallet sized Publisher calendar format. I want my planner to fit in an A5 sized diary so I need to enlarge it before printing. I have spent a lot of time experimenting with the page set up in the print menu etc but am unable to do this. Can anyone advise me about this please? I would also like to know if I can change the format of all 12 pages simutaneously as I had to do this page by page ( I wanted to reduce the size of the headings for each month to make more room for space dedicated to each ...

Disappearing AutoTextList Items
I recently upgraded from Word 2003 to 2007. Using Word 2003 I used AutoTextList to create drop down lists. After the upgrade to 2007 I found that new additions to my AutoTextList appear in the document along with my old items but are only the old items show up in the drop down list in new documents even though it was saved. Below is what I have been doing: My process for adding items to the drop down list: I select the style I want from the style window I create a blank line I type the new text I want to add to the drop down I highlight the words but not the paragraph marker ...

Template Overwrites Other Documents
I created a table of contents template with some special tabs and a title layout, but when i create a new document using it, it overwrites other documents that were created using the same template that are saved in the same location. If the files are saved in a different folder they don't get overwritten. Does anybody have any insight? (I'm using Word 2003.) What you are describing is very strange. Usually it would be up to the user to specify a file name, which would make it impossible to overwrite anything. Does the template run code of some sort? -- Stefan Blom...

Word document creation in XML
Hi All, I'm pretty new to .Net, not to mention XML, so I truly appreciate any advice! I have user data that I want to selectively insert into a MS Word document in XML. Given the various content, I want to create a new instance of an XML document and write the data to the XML doc using the Word ML schema. The key item is that I want to be able to add content line-by-line or section-by-section, to the word document using the XML schema. The reason behind this is that the content will change dramatically. The question comes down to this -- are there already-defined components that...

Combining documents without format changes
I have ten very similiar documents which I would like to combine into one document. Each document begins wiht one column but half way through the document I format the document fot two colums. This is true for all ten documents. At the end of the first document I do a hard page; that is, a Ctrler. Then I load document 2, copy it to clipboard and paste it into document on on the new page created by the Ctrl Enter. When I do this, the formatting on page one changes to one column throughout. How can I combine all ten documents into one document without these formatting changes...

Help locating a just deleted document
I just accidentially deleted a most important document (befor saving).. There has to be a way of reclaiming it. Anyone know how? I would be more than grateful. I thank you in advance! DW If you never saved it, there is nothing to "reclaim." -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "donwinters" <donwinters@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:836C5B40-2D6F-46A2-95BF-27FE06299656@microsoft.com... >I just accidentially deleted a most important document (befor saving).. ...

Inserted Pictures keep disappearing replaced w/ white box with a r
I have never had this problem in power point before. I opened an old presentation to update it (Professional Edition 2003). Photos I had inserted were gone and replaced with white squares with red Xs. I tried to replace the photos and saved it. When I went to reopen today, the photos are gone again. HELP! Also, when I open the folder and point to the file I want to open, the small "Details" icon still shows my photos as being there, but they're not there; when I try to print, it's the white square with the red x. Thanks for any support anyone can give me! ...

Word corrupted my document
I have a very important document that got corrupted while I was using Word to edit another document. The result can be seen at http://www.exceptiona.com/intranet/worldwidewomencorrupted.doc Firstly, all the footnote/references have been corrupted and all the hyperlinks have been corrupted (replaced by !!HYPERLINK "[link]" [link] for example) , but worse, around page 32 something bizarre has gone on too.. I think it is something to do with the pictures that were included in the document at that point.. (images have been replaced by !! INCLUDEPICTURE "http://w...

Outlook shortcuts for CRM keep disappearing
Hi, Just wondering if anyone has had issues with creating shortcuts for CRM in outlook and then having them disappear every now and then? We're trying to figure out if it's an outlook problem or the CRM addon that is causing this problem. Thanks, Sophie On Jun 11, 12:06=A0pm, Sophie <Sop...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Just wondering if anyone has had issues with creating shortcuts for CRM i= n > outlook and then having them disappear every now and then? > > We're trying to figure out if it's an outlook problem or the CRM addon th= a...

Icons in folders disappear.
I have WindowsXP SP3. Lately the contents of the shortcuts on the desktop are defaulting at will back to "detailed" view. Normally I have these as icons. Also, the window size is varying. Hoe can I keep them as icons? Please help, Frank ...