disappearing document

Version: 2008

I prepare a WORD document. Then I click on Toolbox and the document disappears. This didn't use to happen.....  <br>
Why is it happened? How do I get my document to stay on the screen?
0
ginnijay

You have not told us which updates you have applied to OS X and MS Office.
Ensure you are fully updated.

On 5/04/10 12:21 AM, in article 59bb6722.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"ginnijay@officeformac.com" <ginnijay@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I prepare a WORD
> document. Then I click on Toolbox and the document disappears. This didn't use
> to happen.....
> Why is it happened? How do I get my document to stay on the screen?

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd

John

Data Transfer Among Dialogs, Views, and Documents
OS: Windows 2000 IDE: MS VS .NET 2002 Language: VC++ Hello I'm a novice MFC developer and I have run across a problem I was hoping someone could assist me with. I'm developing an SDI application with multiple views. In one of the views, I have a button that opens a dialog. I would like to have this dialog dynamically modify several of the controls based on information from the document class. The controls that need to be modified all have associated member control variables added to the dialog class. In my application, the view class processes information and stores numerical values...

Going between documents using macros
I'm using Word 2004. I have two documents open. Is there a way, using macros, to go from Document 1 to Document 2, where I'll go to a certain line and copy it, then go back to Document 1 and save it using the text I have just copied. I have the macro down for going to the line, copying, and saving. What I need is the part where I go from doc to doc without regard to the document name. So I'll be in "Active Document" first, then I need to go to "?" (other Document) then back to "Previous Document." So I just need the navigation part. Here...

Multi page document
I am creating a proceedures manual. I now have 40 pages. Is there any way to identify pages? Example, can I rename page icons in the page sorter? I want to be able to go straight to the page that discusses for example, entering a new customer into the database with out having to hunt for it. Any suggestions? Let the folks know which version of Publisher. Also, how about creating a PDF file from the Publisher file. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "Marie" <Marie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AAA880A1-82F0-4D6E-B5DD-7214FFD977FD@microsoft....

remove underline from 2007 document
I am trying to Remove underlining on a word document. I figured out how to un bold. Please help Ctrl+A to Select All. Then Ctrl+U twice to remove underlining. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Milew" <Milew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F44D759-1E77-4350-818D-613A049E4BED@microsoft.com... >I am trying to Remove underlining on a word document. I figured out how to >un > bold. Please help > your suppose to click underline then click undue clear button....

Documenting Smartlist Reports beyond report name
Is there a way to document within GP further information about smartlists. I would like to be able to write a 2 or 3 sentence explanation of the uses of the report, etc. that would be readily available such as in a report properties but I don't see any such capability. ...

How do I access a previous version of my Excel document?
I have made changes to my document, but need to be able to retrieve complex formula's back from a previous version. Is there any way i can get this done? Unlikely. Excel does not save previous versions. If you saved it somewhere else, or e-mailed a copy to someone, that might help. Otherwise, you are out of luck. Regards, Fred "Jo" <Jo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5227ECC4-1F99-44A7-929E-8EAC5972BC06@microsoft.com... >I have made changes to my document, but need to be able to retrieve complex > formula's back from a previous...

GP 8
We have several old items that currently need to be deleted. We created a script to delete all but about 200 of the 1600 inventory items that need to be deleted. Most of them deleted fine (some required adjustment of quantities), but I'm stuck with the last 200 items. When I try to delete the problem items, I get the following error message: "The item exists on a document and cannot be deleted." The items haven't been used for quite a long time (several years). I've deleted all of the old orders and quotes from 12-31-04 and before, but this hasn't fixed the pr...

folders, info disappeared
This morning we opened our Outlook mailbox and only incoming messages appeared. All folders, info, addressbook,deleted messages etc were GONE. Have no idea what happened. Any ideas or help here? Thanks. Search your drive for .PST files -- that's where all your data is located. The default name for the main file is outlook.pst, so if you find one with that name and the file size and date seem right, that's probably the one you need. If you're using Windows 2000 or XP, you'll need to search in hidden and system folders to find .PST files. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Out...

Document Library Metadata
Recently, we had a user report a problem with saving metadata in one of our document libraries (reported recently, but no telling how long it was going on without being reported). The library uses a pre-made excel file as the template, and has two pieces of metadata that it prompts the user for on save. Uploading a document to the library works just fine, but when saving directly to the library from Excel, it prompts for the metadata, and then does not actually save it to the library. Going back in after the fact and adding the information again also works fine, but we cannot ...

Contacts Keep Disappearing
For some reason my contacts keep dissappering each time I close Live Mail. I open it back up and the contacts are gone. It was working fine when I first started using it a week ago. Each time I have to import them in from Outlook Express. What gives and is anyone else experiencing this issue? Are you using a Live ID to sign on to Windows Live when using WLM ? If so, try importing them via the web UI at contacts.live.com(click Manage, then import) Thereafter use that Live ID to sign on to Windows Live when using WLM. If not using a Live ID, you may have encountered a problem ...

Merging XML documents

In-Document Hyperlink Tweaking
Situation: In Excel 2002 SP2, I've created various in-document hyperlinks that link accross different worksheets in the same file. I have specified which worksheet and which cell I want the hyperlink to link to. Problem: When clicking on a hyperlink, it brings up the correct "area", but sometimes the target cell is at the bottom of the page or in the middle. I want the target cell to be at the top of the page when I link to it every time. It's like excel is being lazy and assumes that just having the target cell somewhere on the page is good enough... It has...

How to extract documents from .msg files
I have a folder where Email Messges are saved (.msg files). Arounf 200 files all containing 1 attachment (a word document) What I intended to do is that any programme or process by which the attachment (word file) can be saved in a folder eigther in the same name of the email ID or or Name of the file. If this is not possible then if all the attachment (word files) are extracted or put in a folder will also help me a lot. You can write Outlook VBA code to use the Application.CreateItemFromTemplate to create a new item based on the .msg file. From that item, iterate its Attachments c...

How do I print 100 copies of a document, each copy with a number?
Hi I have a document that staff need to print out daily and fill out. Each new page needs to be numbered. How do I get Word to print the same page many times and each with the next number in the header? Matt On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 20:01:01 -0800, Matt <Matt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi >I have a document that staff need to print out daily and fill out. Each new >page needs to be numbered. How do I get Word to print the same page many >times and each with the next number in the header? > >Matt See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVB...

How do I keep the "from" heading from disappearing in Inbox?
When I switch from incoming to sent messages, the "from" heading disappears and I always have to manually adjust the tool bars. How can this be permanently set? CVD wrote: > When I switch from incoming to sent messages, the "from" heading > disappears > and I always have to manually adjust the tool bars. How can this be > permanently set? Reset the view or restart outlook using the cleanviews switch. See http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/resetview.htm if you don't know how to do either. I would try resttng the view on the folder first ...

Accessing the root node of an xml document
Hi Hopefully someone can assist me establish how to access the root node and the first level node of an XmlDocument which I have loaded as per the code below. So far, all I can achieve the output I need with the root node hard and the first node coded. In the foreach I retrieve is next child node ("Customer"). Using ChildNodes[0] fails and no other property or methods of the object return the data I need. private XmlDocument myDoc = new XmlDocument (); myDoc.Load (XMLFileName); txtWriter.WriteStartElement ("CustomersInfo"); // Hard coded txtWriter.WriteStartElement ...

spotlight won't find a document by searching for a word in that doc

Excel 2000, Close, Maximise, Minimize buttons disappeared
The Close, Maximise, Minimize buttons disappeared. This happened on only one workbook. Other workbooks have no problem. How do I make them reappear ? Is this something to do with the fact that the original file was in Excel 4 format ? Thanks Ben Are you writing about the workbook's close, max, min buttons or the application's? If it's the workbooks, have you tried: Window|arrange|Tiled and then resize (maybe they're just off the visible screen) If it's the application, can you right click on the excel button on the windows taskbar and choose maximize? It, too, could ...

table into Word Document
I have data in the cells of an excel spreadsheet so that it looks like a table. I can print this out and it looks good (margins, font, etc). How can I get this data/table into a Word document without losing the formatting? I have tried inserting a page break into Word and then copying/pasting but that doesn't seem to work. HELP?!!? Thanks Copy the way you were doing it. Then, in Word select: Edit, Paste Special, Formatted text. Suzan "Penny" wrote: > I have data in the cells of an excel spreadsheet so that it looks like a > table. I can print this out and it...

Smartlist Builder Documentation
It would be very helpful to have documentation on what tables are used to generate the standard smartlists. For example, I want to expand upon the sales transactions smartlist using smartlist builder. So a screenshot of the tables and how they are linked in a builder window would save some effort. Isn't there something like this available somewhere? ...

regarding master doc/ sub documents
I'm new to using master document/ sub documents function in MS word. I have a question regarding that. I've created a master document with several subdocuments. Several times, when I open the master doc, some of the subdocuments are not there. Yes, I think I've made some changes to those sub documents but never changed either the names nor the locations of those subdocuments. It feels like I'm using a feature that is not stable enough which makes me quite nervous about using this. Does any of you know what's going on or any suggestion regarding how to use this...

Slow opening of word document with automation
In the following code with wich I open a word document from access with automation it takes about 20 seconds before the file is opened. What can cause this? I heb tried to disable the viruscontrol but this won't work. I have added 2 msgbox commands to count the time between 1 and 2 and this is about 20 seconds. Sub OpenWordDocument(Documentnaam As String) On Error GoTo HandleErr Dim Teller, AantalWoorden, WordApp As Word.Application On Error Resume Next Set WordApp = GetObject(, "Word.Application") If err.Number <> 0 Then Set WordApp = Cre...

Recent Documents Disappear (Excel / Office 2000)
Hi, I am currently experiencing a problem with Excel 200, whereby the recent documents list is not working properly. I can open a document, save it and close it and it will appear in the recent documents list (within Excel), but if I close Excel and re-open Excel, it is no longer there. The keep recent documents option is ticked and set to 9 documents (I have also tried with 8 documents ;) ) It does seem to keep some documents sometimes, but I cannot see any pattern as to what is remembered or why. Any clues? Cheers, Ben Ben Are you running TweakUI? If so, you may have disabled the M...

set up a macro that prints the document when opened
How do we set up a macro in Word(2003) such that when the document is opened, a print request is sent automatically. Create a macro named autoopen() that contains the code ActiveDocument.PrintOut -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "stud91" <stud91@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:891FF9F5-0B62-4E21-AA5E-B4F132799988@microsoft.com... > How do we set up a macro in Word(2003) such that when the document is > opened, >...

Linking to a Document or Presentation
I have been having some difficulty establishing a hyperlink to a document or presentation. When in hte design mode i hit CTRL and the hyperlink and the Document opens fine. When i preview the web page i hit the link and nothing happens. I should note that when i link to a web site it works fine. It is just when trying to launch an applicaiton like word. Finally, i noticed in the source that the link address is preceeded by "File:\\\ Any ideas ...