Deleting 1 out of 3 label sheets

Version: 2008

I have an &quot;Avery Wizard&quot; label program copied from PC to AppleMac.It consist of 4 sheets with 33 labels <br>
on each sheet. Sheet 2 is blank and I like to delete that sheet, but don't know how. <br>
Can anyone please help. <br>
John
0
jvt007

If I have understood correctly...

Make a backup of your document, and ensure you know where the Undo
button is.

The chances are that this is a fairly ordinary 4-page document with a
table (probably 11x3) on each sheet, in which case a simple approach is
probably to select the table on page 3 and delete it. If that leaves a
blank page, there is probably either a section break or page break,
which you can delete separately (e.g. put the insertion point in the
blank page and press the backspace key). It is possible, but unlikely,
that the page break is part of the paragraph formatting of the first
paragraph on the following page, but let's leave that for now.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

On 03/02/2010 08:33, jvt007@officeformac.com wrote:
> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I have an
> "Avery Wizard" label program copied from PC to AppleMac.It consist of 4
> sheets with 33 labels
> on each sheet. Sheet 2 is blank and I like to delete that sheet, but
> don't know how.
> Can anyone please help.
> John
0
Peter
2/3/2010 10:49:28 AM
Hi John:

You do not have the "Wizard".  The Wizard is a Windows-only VBA program that
will not run in Word 2008 (or any other version of Mac Word).  A "Wizard" is
a Microsoft hint that the code contained in the wizard makes operating
system calls, which normally means "Windows" calls.

The Avery code is usually pretty clean, you could probably tinker with it
and get it running in Word 2004 (but not Word 2008) unless it contains a
..dll or a .wll.  Avery usually doesn't, but I can't say.

However, what you have is the RESULT of running the Wizard, and that's just
a document and it will work just fine on the Mac.

You need to discover what is pushing the page 2 text to page 3.  The Avery
label documents are simply Word tables.  Each label is a table cell.

Turn on your Show/Hide button so you can see what you are doing, and turn on
Table gridlines so you can see what is going on.

Now:  What is it at the top of page 3 that won't fit on page 2?

The first place to look is the paper size.  Go into Format>Document and
check to make sure that the paper size chosen is a) The paper that is
actually in your printer, b) that the printer selected is the one that is
actually going to do the printing, and c) that the Margins of the document
are set correctly.

Don't change the margins unless you HAVE to: they are carefully adjusted to
get the printing to land on the paper where the labels are.

Now check each row of the table.  The rows should all be marked with "Do NOT
allow row to break across pages" so you can't get half a label at the bottom
of the page.  And the row height should be set EXACTLY to the height of the
label plus its border.

Chances are what is wrong is that the printer has changed type moving to
Mac.  Word gets all its measurements from the printer driver.  And the fonts
on a Mac render one or two pixels different in size than on the PC.

Whatever it is that's causing your difficulty, it will be SMALL, and you
will have to look carefully to find it.  A difference of 1 mm in the height
of the whole table could be enough to flip it to the next page.

Check the CONTENT of each label carefully: if you have one name that has
spilled to a second line, they will do it!

Enjoy!

On 3/02/10 7:33 PM, in article 59bb228b.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"jvt007@officeformac.com" <jvt007@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I have an "Avery
> Wizard" label program copied from PC to AppleMac.It consist of 4 sheets with
> 33 labels
> on each sheet. Sheet 2 is blank and I like to delete that sheet, but don't
> know how.
> Can anyone please help.
> John

matters unless you intend to pay!

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
Sydney, Australia. | Ph: +61 (0)4 1209 1410
+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name

0
John