Cut/Paste graphics & text from Powerpoint to Word

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

0
Bill_Reckmeyer

Hi Bill;

I'm a afraid I can't offer a solution because there simply isn't enough
detail about this "drawing with text"... we need to now just about
everything about it from start to finish in order to answer effectively.

One point to clarify, though, is that Office is absolutely not "a fully
integrated app". It is a suite of individual, standalone programs which are
designed to interact with & complement each other. They do share some common
'applets' but each program implements those features in somewhat different
ways.

--
Regards |:>)
Bob Jones

<Bill_Reckmeyer@officeformac.com> wrote in message
> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor:
> Intel I'm using Microsoft Office 2008 on my MacBook Pro. I've been trying
> to cut-n-paste a drawing with text from PowerPoint directly into a Word
> document, but the text is always fuzzier than the same text in the rest of
> the Word document - probably because it always ports over as a picture.
>
> This strikes me as crazy, given that Office is supposed to be a fully
> integrated app. Any suggestions on how to resolve this problem?
>
> Bill Reckmeyer

0
CyberTaz

Right click , drag and drop and cut , copy paste facilities
Why can't we have drag and drop , cut and paste facilities in any of the record forms Pretty limiting eh? Just chalk it up as one of many CRM shortcomings. Sometimes you can right click, sometimes you can't. Just get in the habit of using Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V. -- Brandon Smith IT Director Presentations Direct - Specialized Office Equipment & Supplies http://www.presentationsdirect.com "Nitin" <Nitin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2223FB31-B10E-4EA7-87C0-ED483F5F6E23@microsoft.com... > Why can't we have drag and drop , cut and past...

Linked graphics into a Publisher 2000 document
I have a 400KB document (withgout graphics). I insert two JPEG images each around 200KB into the document. I figure the resulting document should be around 700KB. Result? An 11MB file. I delete the images (document is now 400KB) and instead insert the images using the "Link to File" option. Graphics Manager confirms that the images are linbked into the file. The size should not be more than 500KB. Result? An 11MB file. Question is how can I insert images into a Publisher 2000 documentr without the file blowing up? And why does it blow up? Regards, Richard. Richard wrot...

Sorting Alphanumeric values in a text field
I'm using Access 2003 for a database for my company. I have a field in a table that has both text and numbers. They are part numbers, for example 21BC124. I kept the field as text because of the text with in the numbers and didn't figure that a numeric field would alow the text. In my part numbers table it sorts correctly (first by number then by letter then by number again), but in my reports and queries there are a few number that sort in the wrong place. Like this... 20D10-3 21BC123 21BC128 22D10 25TD47 21FA101 21FA200 25FA203 38FA601 21FP604 38WS100 I can't quite f...

Macros for worksheet copy & paste?
I have 6 different excel files. How can I combine all 6 of them in one single excel file under individual worksheets (E.g. Worksheet1 for File1, worksheet2 for File2 ....etc)? I do not wish to copy & paste it manually. Can I use a macro to take care of it? If so, where can I find further info on how to go about it? THANKS!! Assuming (1) this is a one-time need, and (2) your workbooks have only one sheet each, this would probably be faster done by hand: 1) With all the files open choose one of the files to be the receiving file. 2) Select the sheet in the subsequent books, one at...

how do I stop word from making decisions for me?
I do not want word to make a list just because I type in a number at the start of a sentence. I do not want word to indent my work for me because I tab each sentence at the start. How do I stop this monster from deciding what I want it to do I am in charge of the word processor but this software seems to think that it is and it is driving me crazy. http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TameAutoFormat.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gma...

Embedding worksheet into Word
Has anyone had the experience where when they embed a worksheet into Microsoft Word, a portion of the worksheet gets cut off? Is there an easy fix to this? ...

in excel how can we put formula to convert numericalfigureto word
for example : in excel i have mention 25000.00 in numerical amount , i want to know how can i convert in next colum , about word ?/; How can i put formula to make the numerical in to words like 25000 in numerical to twenty five thousands in word. There is no direct functions to convert this. For a VBA solution check out the below links http://support.microsoft.com/kb/213360 http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/ValueToWords.htm http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "excel" wrote: > for example : > > in excel i hav...

Nested Styles in Word 2003?
Is it possible to create a nested style in Word 2003? An example would be to make the first sentence of a paragraph Body Text bold but the rest of the paragraph plain Body Text. I have used this type of style with Adobe InDesign but haven't found a way to make it work in Word. It's not a big issue for me as I have used character formatting over the Body Text style where appropriate but I am curious. Word can do this, but not with "nested styles" (there is no such concept in Word). Instead, there is a way to apply a style to only part of a paragraph. See http://...

Send from Word
When I hit the send button in Word or Excell I get a pop up that say choose profile with Outlook in the drop down. That is the only name in the drop down. If I hit OK I get the following Message. The MAPI Spooler could not be started. Close and then restartall mail-enabled applications.MAPI 103 (0000004C7) If I choose to set up a new profile I get a Microsoft Exchange Setup Wizard. As I try to setup a new profile I come to the following, The following unrecoverable error has occured: The .DLL file for this service is either damaged or could not be found. Any ideas? Doug, What versi...

How do I get text to copy from one cell to another ?
Type = in the target cell. MouseClick the cell containing text. Pres Enter key -- Brian ----------------------------------------------------------------------- BrianB's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=5 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27034 ...

if statement with text
I am trying to create an if statement where the string of text contains total, if yes then perform calculation base on that row and column. if no total in text leave blank help =IF(ISERROR(FIND("Total", A1)),"",-yourCalculation-) FIND returns #VALUE if "Total" is not in A1 Therefore, ISERROR returns False if "Total" is in A1 (i.e., it was found, no error) HTH, -- George Nicholson Remove 'Junk' from return address. "jerry" <jerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E249057A-F6E4-45BF-929A-B2BB61C3A700@micro...

mail merge with word 2007 and a riso
I'm having problems trying to mail merge a word 2007 document with a riso. all goes well and I can preview all the documents and all looks good until I try to finish and print it on a riso, and nothing happens. It works on word 2003 but not the new version. can anyone help? Can you merge to a new document? If so, try using the following macro from fellow MVP Doug Robbins to split that document to the printer as separate jobs Sub SplitMergeLetterToPrinter() ' splitter Macro ' Macro created 16-08-98 by Doug Robbins to print each letter created by a ' mailmerge...

Unable to repy using word editor
When repyling to an e-mail I receive the following message, "This form requires Word as your e-mail editor, but Word is either busy, or cannot be found. The form will be opened in the Outlook editor instead". I found article 284900, that states you may get this message when you have office 2000 and office xp installed on the same computer. This is not the case on my computer, Office 2000 does not exist, only office xp. Can anyone help me? There appear to be a whole host of causes for this error message. Most have no solution. Here are a few that do: http://support.microsoft...

Creating a Microsoft Words document from an existing Excel spreads
Hi all, I need your kind guidance on how to create a new microsoft words document using an existing excel spreadsheet? At present, I have an excel spreadsheet, say "data.xls" containing data for example 6 fields such as COMPANY NAME, DATE, ITEM1, ITEM2, ITEM,3 & QUOTATION TOTAL. Under these 6 fields are some records of my customers. COMPANY NM DATE ITEM1 ITEM2 ITEM3 QUOTATION TTL ---------------- ------- -------- ------- -------- ------------------- ABC Limited 3 Apr xxxxx xxxxx ...

convert text in excel to uppercase
Is it possible to convert all text in a workbook or on a spreadsheet to all uppercase? In VBA Editor Sub MakeUpper() Dim MySht As Worksheet, MyCell As Range For Each MySht In ThisWorkbook.Sheets For Each MyCell In MySht.UsedRange.Cells MyCell = UCase(MyCell) Next Next End Sub "elaine" wrote: > Is it possible to convert all text in a workbook or on a spreadsheet to all > uppercase? Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/case.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "elaine" <elaine@discussions.microsoft.com> s...

Copy/Paste formulas
How do I keep certain cells (those I want to point to a specific 'constant') from incrementing while the remaing cells in my formulas increment as expected. Example: ((E65)*(COUNTIF(I7:I7,"V"))) where the cell "E65" contains a set value that I want to be placed in the result as I step down the incremental (I) rows when the character "V" is found in the particular (I) row. When I do my copy and paste, the (E) row increments as the (I) rows increment. $E$65 "BobG" wrote: > How do I keep certain cells (those I want to point to a specific...

Right Click Safari 404 and paste into Word 2008 only showing address
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Example. I open gmail.com. Right click on the Gmail logo to &quot;copy image&quot; not the &quot;copy image address&quot; option. Then, I open Word 2008 and paste. All I get is the address, not the logo image. If I repeat and use Text Edit (Apple) instead, it works as expected. Is this a bug with Word? Or am I missing a preference setting here set up by default that needs adjusted? Apparently it has to do with how Safari populates the Clipboard � I have no problem pasting the logo with F...

How do I break a large word document into smaller components?
I have a very large Word document (over 40 MB) that I update several times a year. I would like to break it into smaller components so that only the affected component would have to be backed up online. However, I still wish to maintain the ability to create a table of contents and index for the whole document. Is this possible and if so, what is the process to do it. I am using MS Office 2010 beta running MS Windows 7 Home Premium on a 64 bit Dell desktop. Hi RoadRoy, You can simply make multiple copies and delete whatever you don't want from each copy. For the mul...

Prevent Hidden Column data from being copied/pasted?
A student came up with a question that I haven't been able to figure out yet in a recent Excel class. They are hiding a column and protecting the worksheet in the correct manner. They want to allow some users to access and enter information in some cells. They do not want the users to be able to copy and paste the information from the hidden column. The question is how can this be prevented? For example, Column B is hidden. When they copy a range such as A1:C10 and paste it to another worksheet, they are getting the "hidden" data in Column B in B1:B10. Any suggestions wou...

Making words in a list a value!!
I am trying to create a list that will generate a value in another column once that word or phrase is chosen. Is this possible and how. Exp. In the drop down list I would chose Product, then in the price column the price automatically appears. brco1, Much better than I could ever explain the process. Here's exactly wha you need. http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html HT -- Case ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Casey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=454 View this thread: http://www.excelforu...

Mail Merge with Word 2003
Please Help if you can. I have lost hours editing a Mail Merge Master document, only to find none of the changes are saved when you reopen. Here's what happened: I want to edit the fields in a mail merge document. I want to search for the {OLD-FIELD} and replace it with the {NEW FIELD}. Word does not seem to allow me to do this. First, it will not let me cut and paste the fields into the Search & Replace Box. Secondlly, after hours of laboriously replacing my Fields one at a time, and dutifully saving, NONE of the changes were saved. The changes are all shown in ...