change the color of non-printing characters in this version of Word?

Version: 2008

0
KW

You can turn the Off by clicking the "=C2=B6" to turn them on click it ag=
ain.

KW@officeformac.com wrote:
> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) How does
> one change the color of non-printing characters in Word 2008 12.2.3 for=

> Mac??
>
> In previous versions, the non-printing characters were greyed, in the
> new version they are blue and are a *huge* distraction.
>
> Thanks

--=20
mailto:pjones1@kimbanet.com

0
Phillip
3/14/2010 1:29:11 AM
Thanks.  I know how to turn them on &amp; off; but what I want to do is change their appearance/color when they are 'on' -- i.e. to change the garish blue color to grey or whatever.
0
KW
3/14/2010 3:06:07 AM
Sorry, that was a design change for Office 2008 which MacBU may now regret
but there's no provision for changing it. If you use Help> Send Feedback to
register your point � perhaps it will make a difference in the next release.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 3/13/10 7:06 PM, in article 59bb529e.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"KW@officeformac.com" <KW@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) How does one
> change the color of non-printing characters in Word 2008 12.2.3 for Mac??
>
> In previous versions, the non-printing characters were greyed, in the new
> version they are blue and are a *huge* distraction.
>
> Thanks

0
CyberTaz
3/14/2010 3:12:16 AM
Hi guys. Does anyone know how to change the color of "selected" (highlighted)
text in Word 2008 for Mac? It now uses a light blue color for this purpose,
and I find it hard to see against the white background. Thanks!

"CyberTaz" wrote:

> Sorry, that was a design change for Office 2008 which MacBU may now regret
> but there's no provision for changing it. If you use Help> Send Feedback to
> register your point ‹ perhaps it will make a difference in the next release.
>
> Regards |:>)
> Bob Jones
> [MVP] Office:Mac
>

> On 3/13/10 7:06 PM, in article 59bb529e.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
> "KW@officeformac.com" <KW@officeformac.com> wrote:
>
> > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) How does one
> > change the color of non-printing characters in Word 2008 12.2.3 for Mac??
> >
> > In previous versions, the non-printing characters were greyed, in the new
> > version they are blue and are a *huge* distraction.
> >
> > Thanks
>
> .

Answered elsewhere... Please don't post the same question multiple times,
especially as a "me too" in an unrelated thread.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 5/16/10 12:39 PM, in article
C524330C-DA6B-4B53-96D8-BF8089E0F58D@microsoft.com, "Eric74"
<Eric74@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Hi guys. Does anyone know how to change the color of "selected" (highlighted)
> text in Word 2008 for Mac? It now uses a light blue color for this purpose,
> and I find it hard to see against the white background. Thanks!
>
> "CyberTaz" wrote:
>
>> Sorry, that was a design change for Office 2008 which MacBU may now regret
>> but there's no provision for changing it. If you use Help> Send Feedback to
>> register your point ‹ perhaps it will make a difference in the next release.
>>
>> Regards |:>)
>> Bob Jones
>> [MVP] Office:Mac
>>

>> On 3/13/10 7:06 PM, in article 59bb529e.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
>> "KW@officeformac.com" <KW@officeformac.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) How does one
>>> change the color of non-printing characters in Word 2008 12.2.3 for Mac??
>>>
>>> In previous versions, the non-printing characters were greyed, in the new
>>> version they are blue and are a *huge* distraction.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>
>> .

0
CyberTaz

Color fill based on multiple conditions
My spreadsheet contains subtotals. A B C D E F Production Line 1 10 1 5 2 10 Production Line 1 10 1 5 2 10 Production Line 1 Total 20 2 10 4 20 Some months the spreadsheet contains 100 lines and some months it contains 200. Does someone have some code that would loop through all the data in the sheet and for each subtotaled line (when A contains Total), go to the same row for B:F and if value is less than 5, fill with orange between 6 and 15, fill with blue greater ...

Recurring error in Word 2007
Hi, I am using Word 2007. While typing in a document, I get the following recurring error: "Microsoft Office Word can't open the thesaurus. Microsoft Office Word cannot install the necessary files due to Windows Installer error 1605. This action is only valid for products that are currently installed." I do not know what causes the error and have no idea how to prevent it. Any help you can give me will be appreciated. Thank you. What I do in these situations is Google the error message (or the key = words therein.) The solution provided below, although it ...

Changing Arbic numeral to Hindi numeral
How to change Arabic numeral to Hindi numeral in Excel 2003 ...

Account format change #3
GP 9 framework length = 14 4 segments 3-4-4-3 seg 3 natural current useage length 11 1-3-4.3 in a test environment under tools setup acct format made the changes so that length = 14 seg1=3 seg2 =4 no change to seg3 or 4 this keeps us within the framework and saved ex acct 0-401-5000-399 became 0ss-401s-5000-399 s=space I then ran the prof tools modifier final acct 000-0401-5000-399 with the actindx of 0-401-5000-399 = to the new acct 000-0401-5000-399 only results that I have an issue with so far is the gl40200 the 2 segments that were changed had both in the table and the new longer segm...

CListCtrl Changing the row height
Hello, I'm trying to change the the row height of a CListCtrl ( not the total length of the listCtrl) i.e. I want the text to be displayed with the same font size but the height of this text (item) should be increased. This way on a touch screen the distance between the items is large enough to select an item in the ClistCtrl. Currently the clistctrl has one column, and each row data has a small icon and text beside it. Do you have any suggestions. Thanks, Regards, Suresh I think the only way to do it is to use a custom draw list control. This article should explain how to do...

Unable to change email password
Hello: Here is my problem, I tried to change my email password by choosing Outlook login screen "Change Password" button, but received an error message "Your Windows password could not be changed, Please check the information and try again.". I have upgraded our Exchange system from 2000 to 2003 SP1 about six months ago, and never had that problem while at Exchange 2000, here is our setup - 1. Client - Outlook 2002 SP3 2. Server - Exchange 2003 server (Windows 2003 SP1) and Active Directory server (Still on Windows 2000 SP4). 3. We have Novell servers, so each works...

Excel 2003
Hi - quick question, if you have a moment - I've got a (tall) column of names of the format: FirstName LastName I want to convert them to the format: LastName, FirstName Is this possible in Excel 2003? Thanks very much - Assume they start in A1, insert a new column B or use the one you have if it is empty, then in B1 put =MID(A1,FIND(" ",A1)+1,255)&", "&LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)-1) press enter Select B1 again, move the cursor to the lower right corner of B1 and when it changes from a thick cross to a think double click and copy down the formula. S...

Print a HTML document programatically
Hi, I need to print a html docment dynamically produced at runtime, at that instance. I'm using shellexecute for this, which is popping up the Windows default PrintDialog. I want it to be printed directly. Can anyone suggest a solution or give some sample code for this. Please do reply. Thanks in Advance. Regards, Ajay Kumar Have you looked at IWebBrowser2::ExecWB? This also might be helpful: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnie55/html /wb_print.asp -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Ajay Kumar" &...

Outlook form - Checkbox
Dear all, Let's assume I have 15 contacts. 5 of these contacts are clients and I would like to have a different background color of the contact form for these contacts that all employees know that these contacts are clients. The contacts are stored in the Public Folders. Any ideas how I could add a checkbox (add a custom tab) that if the checkbox is checked that the background color of this form would change (> all pages/tabs > General, Details, Activities, etc.)? Kind regards, Simon You can design your own custom contact form for this; Tools-> Forms-> ...

Printing multiple charts #2
My question is - i have multiple charts on the same worksheet. Is it possible to print them on separate pages without selecting each one individually? Hi, Depending on you layout inserting page breaks may solve your problem. Cheers Andy Edwina wrote: > My question is - i have multiple charts on the same worksheet. Is it > possible to print them on separate pages without selecting each one > individually? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Hi Edwina, Here is a possible workaround. Go to View>Page Break Preview Select a range of cells and the...

Change History (Log)
Hello, Is it possible to retrieve information about inserted, deleted or updated records in an MS Access database from system tables? In other words, to read and interpret the transaction log. I am not able to change the database structure and there is no current logging mechanism, but I need to detect the changes made by any other client. Thank you. No. JET (the data engine in Access) does not support transaction logging. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot...

Print Macro
Cell D5 represents a variable number from 1-120, the input changes the data accordingly on the whole workbook. I have input a macro to enter the number 1, print the document range A1:AB54 and then input number 2 and so on until i have 120 pages. This a frequently changing schedule and for review and distibution, would rather have a pdf doc. I changed the printer from the default to a pdf writer, when the macro runs it prints to the pdf doc but when the pdf document opens up, the macro stops after the first one, it does not go back to excel to work on number 2 etc.. Is there a ...

Importing a spreadsheet into MS Word
I have just upgraded my machine to MS Office 2003 and was wondering if there is anyway to import an Excel spreadsheet into a Word document? Could someone please let me know. Thanks Geordieboy -- Maybe just select your range, then copy|paste??? geordieboy wrote: > > I have just upgraded my machine to MS Office 2003 and was wondering if there > is anyway to import an Excel spreadsheet into a Word document? Could someone > please let me know. > > Thanks > > Geordieboy > -- -- Dave Peterson ...

How to access CRM data from MS Word
I watched in a power point presentation downloaded from MS website that you can access your CRM data from MS word to make well formatted offers for your customers. There was an area on the right with CRM data in it and you can chose the data you want then inset it into the word document. Any idea how to make this. On May 10, 3:21 pm, Maged Assabri <MagedAssa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I watched in a power point presentation downloaded from MS website that you > can access your CRM data from MS word to make well formatted offers for your > customers. > Ther...

Word crashes printing some docs
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Just this week Word crashes when I give a print command for an older .doc (created in 2007) that printed just fine last week. It's one page, no images, just text. Other (newer?) documents can be printed without a problem. Any suggestions about how to get the old doc to print again? Thanks. The most common cause of crash on print is lack of updates... Not only Office & OS X but equally important -- perhaps even more so -- the printer driver. This is true regardless of whether 'some files' or 's...

Change file name #2
Hi, I've been searching for a solution to the following problem for more than a week. I've posted it here a couple of times, and got some good ideas, but unfortunately they did not work. The variable "myfolder1" has the correct value, followed by ".xls" as it should. I'd be very thankful if someone could find my error. This is the original question: I am new to Exel, and i cannot find my error in the following script. The error is: Run time erroro '9' Subscript out of range and it always stops on the "windows(my folder1).activate" line...

Color Scheme
Are there any good websites that discuss good color schemes to use for spreadsheets? Can't point you to any sites I'm afraid, but personally I like to keep colour schemes simple, use pastel colours as opposed to bright garish ones, and only use colour where necessary in order to highlight data, or a section of data, eg totals, subtotals etc. If you do it regularly then try to keep some consistency to the colours you use. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 -----------------------------...

Changing Case #3
I have a large excel document that has been typed in upper case and I wish to change it to Proper case ie. with initial capitals only. Is there an easy way to do this, please. Thanks, Robert Robert, The easiest way is probably to download the free Excel add-in "XL Extras" from http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware It adds menu commands on the Format menu that will change case in whatever cells you select - Proper, Upper, Lower and Sentence case. Plus it does other nice stuff. Comes with a Word.doc install/use file. -- Jim Cone San Francisco, USA "Robert ...

Character Spacing Problems
When attempting to print in Publisher 2002 my text appears disjointed and expanded. if I use character spacing to correct this it only makes the printed copy worse! The text looks fine of the screen before I print but prints out all weird. Can anyone help me? It isn't a Publisher problem. It's most likely a printer driver problem. Go to the web site of the printer manufacturer and download the latest drivers. -- Ron Cohen drc023@ivwnet.com "Elizabeth" <beth@breadministries.org> wrote in message news:10fd01c34d43$5fdc0c30$3501280a@phx.gbl... > When attemptin...

Cannot associate .doc files with Word 2007 on Windows 7
I have Word 2007. I double click a doc file and a dialog opens asking me which program to open it with. Word is not among the options. So I click "Always use the selected program ..."and then go into "Browse ..." find my Offce12 folder and the winword.exe file, select it, and ... nothing happens. Doc files continue to have no association. So I tried the built-in diagnostics on Word 2007, and it was ok. Then I tried "winword /r" to re-register Word 2007. It seemed to run to completion, but it made no difference. I cannot associate doc files with...

data validation list from multiple non-contiguous named ranges?
I have three non-contiguous ranges, named: Locations, AltLocations, AddLocations I have a data validation cell (list) that I need to include all three of these ranges as options, but XL XP gives an error that source has to be all one row, all one column, or a comma delimited list. I added all three named locations into a new range: AllLocations = Locations,AltLocations,AddLocations when I click on the name, it highlights all three ranges, but when I try to add that into my new column it gives me [#value], which is strange because if I use one of the original ranges in the column (C1=Locatio...

Why do margins change when a file is emailed?
I am setting up monthly transaction worksheets for a client and then emailing them for her to print out. When she opens the email attachment and checks the print preview the top and bottom margins are not the same as what I set them at. Is there a way to correct this? T, I haven't seen this occur myself, but it may come from the use of different screen resolutions or different printers. Jim Cone San Francisco, USA "TKuppan" <TKuppan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:813CA78F-ED25-400B-8F95-56DAE4C3E975@microsoft.com I am setting up monthly transact...

How do I include print screen option in Publisher Webpage?
I am creating webpage project for my students using publisher. I would like to include a print option on one of the pages. Need instruction on how to complete this task. Thank you. Laurie Cook May I suggest you post your question in the publisher.webdesign newsgroup after you have a look around http://www.publishermvps.com/WebDesign/tabid/29/Default.aspx? The site may answer the question for you. Plus it is a terrific site to bookmark for future reference. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Laurie Cook" <Laurie Cook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

Word Art #3
How do I resize or scale my Word Art? I know I can change the font size, but I want to scale/resize -- just keeps popping back to original size. natira wrote: > How do I resize or scale my Word Art? I know I can change the font > size, but I want to scale/resize -- just keeps popping back to > original size. And are we supposed to /guess/ which version you're running...? -- In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/ My apologies, you are quite right. Being new to Bulletin Boards I was remiss in not stating all the facts. I will, however, take my question...

macro in excel to copy from excel to word
i have a database in excel...which i would like to take more advantag of. I also have some forms in Word that I was hoping to be able to get the to be automatically completed using the excel database. Initially thought this would be quite simple.... just record the macr then modify it to suit. This using simple copy from excel and paste into word document, o pasting into form..field..values. I have done a little before with excel macros - to a level of 'usin excel programming for dummies' book. But really do not know where t start now. Have seen this: "Dim appWD As Word.Appl...