Can I change the display of comments?

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

I have my comments showing when I roll over them with my mouse, but I would like to remove the name, date, and time of the comment from the display. Using balloons is not an option because some pages have too many comments.
0
Iggles14

Iggles14@officeformac.com wrote:
> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor:
> Intel I have my comments showing when I roll over them with my mouse,
> but I would like to remove the name, date, and time of the comment from
> the display. Using balloons is not an option because some pages have too
> many comments.

You can use Word > Preferences > Security
Check the box that says Remove personal information from this file on
Save (Under Privacy Options).

-Jim

--
Jim Gordon
Mac MVP

Save/Close the file and re-open.  Most of that information will be gone.

Cheers

On 24/02/10 3:22 AM, in article 59bb35d3.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"Iggles14@officeformac.com" <Iggles14@officeformac.com> wrote:

> I have my comments showing when I roll over them with my mouse, but I would
> like to remove the name, date, and time of the comment from the display. Using
> balloons is not an option because some pages have too many comments.

matters unless you intend to pay!

 --

John McGhie, Microsoft MVP (Word, Mac Word); Consultant Technical Writer,
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd, Sydney, Australia.

0
John
2/25/2010 1:38:35 AM
That's better ... except I now get &quot;Author - Commented:&quot; at the top of each box. Is there any way to set the comments so that all I see is the text?
0
Iggles14
3/3/2010 4:00:59 AM
Not without VBA - next version (Word 2011, due at the end of this year)

On 3/03/10 3:00 PM, in article 59bb35d3.2@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"Iggles14@officeformac.com" <Iggles14@officeformac.com> wrote:

> That's better ... except I now get "Author - Commented:" at the top of each
> box. Is there any way to set the comments so that all I see is the text?

matters unless you intend to pay!

 --

John McGhie, Microsoft MVP (Word, Mac Word); Consultant Technical Writer,
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd, Sydney, Australia.
Ph: +61 (0)4 1209 1410; mailto:john@mcghie.name

0
John

How can I copy page setup settings to other worksheets? Thanks
I would like to copy the "page setup" info, such as margins, headers/footers, to other worksheets, but cannot figure out how?? Thanks, Jeff, here is one way, With the sheet that has the correct settings active, right-click on the sheet tab and select "Select All Sheets", then use File/Page Setup and immediately click OK (don't change anything). Click on some other worksheet to get you out of "Group" mode and you'll also notice that all sheets have the same page settings! -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any re...

XmlDeserialize when object changes?
I have an object that is being serialized via the XmlSerializer and stored in a database in xml format. Since initial creation, some of the properties of the object have changed (I have removed a few items that were initially in this object and put them into a separate object). The XmlDeserialize() method now is breaking, and my hunch is because I have removed a few of the properties of the object? For instance, there is data in the database that has an xml serialized property like <ReviewedById> Some one </ReviewedById> However, this is one of the properties that has now moved t...

Change text to uppercase
Is there a way to format a cell so that if a user types text in the cell in lower case, Excel will automatically change it to uppercase. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Matt something like this would work for a single cell Code ------------------- Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Address = "$A$1" Then Target.Value = UCase(Target.Value) End Sub ------------------- Place the code in the relevant worksheet code modul -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Matt, you can do it with a macro, here is one way,...

can't login to GP Company
when I open GP I am able to login to Dynamics, then I select a company any company I get this error: "A product installed on your computer is on a different version than the database version." You will not be able to use the application until the issue is resolved. Use the GP_LoginErrors.log file in your tmep directory to assist in resolving this issue." This is this message from the GP_Loginerror.log file: ---------------------------------------------------------------- Product Name: Extender Database Version: 1001193 Client Version: 10080 Product Name: SmartList B...

Charting Beginning Revenue and Changes Over a 12 year period
Hi I would like to create a chart that shows revenue for 1996 and cumulative year over year changes in revenue that when added to 1996 (beginning balance) will equal 2008. Does a particular chart come to mind? Thanks in advance. Al Charbonneau Waterfall? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChartIndex.html#Waterfall - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ On 2/26/2010 10:59 AM, Al Charbonneau wrote: > Hi > > I would like to create a chart that shows revenue for 1996 and cumulative > year over year chan...

"unable to display all the cells due to low memory"
I have a co-worker getting this error whenever I try to open my Tasks folder. He has a lot of tasks (1000+), but they are all very small with no attachments. Running Outlook 2000 on Exchange 2000. Thanks! -- Remove 'spam' from email address to contact me directly ...

I can't format 01/19/2004 to read January 19, 2004, please help!!
Dragged and dropped a series of dates and now I can't convert them to sort them properly. What to do?? Hi Paul, "paulonline66" <paulonline66@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3BB832DA-34AE-44B4-9D73-6F178E9AEBF0@microsoft.com... > I can't format 01/19/2004 to read January 19, 2004, please help!! > Dragged and dropped a series of dates and now I can't convert them to sort > them properly. What to do?? With the date cells selected: Data | Text to Columns | Next | Next | Select the Date option and Select the DMY option in the dropdown...

Change Needed
I have a neat VB code that I use in Excel. This code imports data from a text file into columns in an excel spreadsheet. The excel file has two worksheets, one is to input the .txt filename with a button for the VB code to do it's magic and convert everything I have in the text file, which usually has the same layout (in each txt file) in terms of what data I want columnized in excel. The code goes as follows.... Sub ConvertFile() Dim LCStart As Long Dim IQStart As Long Dim Lat1Start As Long Dim Lon1Start As Long Dim Lat2Start As Long Dim Lon2Start As Long Dim NbmesStart As Long Dim...

change treeview item, without activity in tree
Hi Using the following code I defined that when Im loading the Announcements into the program it marks the some of them with various icons in the TreeView. This was fairly easy, because when I pasted a new element into the tree (hTemp = GetTreeCtrl().InsertItem(pDoc- >m_pAnnouncements[ann].m_cAnnouncementName, SecondParentItem, TVI_LAST);), I got the tree element back into the hTemp variable, and I could easily change the picture. My question would be that how could I go through the Announcements and modify their icons, but without clicking anywhere in the tree. Thanks for any help in for...

Changing data source in pivot table- "Back" button is disable
I see lot of answers like Right Click pivot table then wizard then Back. I have SQL server analysis services Cube in Excel using Pivot table I like to change data source when I right click to pivot table and go to wizard the Back and Next buttons are disable. Whats a best way to change data source when you are accessing Cubes in Excel? Thank you - Ashok ...

XSL Transform
I'm learning how to use the XSL transform functionality and can't get it to work. In a book I'm reading on it, it says that I can do like I did below and just add a value like <root_node/> in there and I should be able to transform any XML source document I have so that the results would simply contain <root_node/>. I wanted to try that, just so I could see if I understand how this is working and wrote the code and XSL file below. However, my value for szTransformedXML is always an empty string. Does anyone see what I'm doing wrong? Here's a method I wrote ...

can't see Canadian banks listed
I just purchased Microsoft Money 2006 Canadian Edition. In the online setup, there are no Canadian banks listed. Does this mean that I have to go to each of my banks' websites and manually download to Money? I thought I would be able to update my accounts in a single click from Money, just like Quicken does. Your help is appreciated Is Control Panel > Regional Settings set for Canada rather than the default of USA? -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails...

Can somebody tell me how to create uomschedules and UOM By CRM SDK
I can not use the following code to do this. Can somebody tell me how to do this? thanks! crmsdk.CreateRequest create = new crmsdk.CreateRequest(); crmsdk.TargetCreateUoM target = new crmsdk.TargetCreateUoM(); crmsdk.uom myuom = new crmsdk.uom(); // crmsdk.uomschedule myuomschedule = new opportunityrelationship.crmsdk.uomschedule(); myuom.name = name1; myuom.quantity = new opportunityrelationship.crmsdk.CrmDecimal(); myuom.quantity.Value = Convert.ToDecimal(1)...

Change the domain name
To give you some info you may need we have a domain server and exchange with AD on that as well (both servers are running 2000). Our company is changing our name from abc.com to xyz.com. So far what i have read you can't change your internal domain name without starting over from scratch. However when we email to people outside the company I need it to say it came from xxx@xyz.com not xxx@abc.com what is any easy way to do this without starting over from scratch. Set up xyz.com MX record in external DNS. In the recipient policies, you can assign an SMTP address of @xyz.com to...

VBA: Can't set ChartTitle.Text??
My macro tells me it can't set the ChartTitle. "Unable to set the Text property of the ChartTitle class". Any help. please? Ed Sub MakeNewScatterChart() Dim wkb As Workbook Dim wks As Worksheet Dim LastRow As Long Dim LastCol As Long Dim colData As Long Dim cht As Chart Dim chtObj As ChartObject Dim rngData As Range Dim rngXval As Range Dim rngSer As Range Dim strTitle As String ' Get limits of data Set wkb = ActiveWorkbook Set wks = wkb.Sheets(1) LastRow = wks.Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row LastCol = wks.Range("IV4").End(xlToLeft).Column ' Set d...

Can I customize my drop-down font list?
There are too many fonts in my drop-down list and it takes me forever to go through them all to find what I'm looking for. I've tried deleting some of the fonts from the fonts file, but haven't had a lot of success. Sometimes they delete, sometimes they don't. There are dozens of fonts that are so similar to each other that it's hard to see the difference, and I'd like to cull the ones I never use. Get yourself a font manager. There are free managers around and there are better ones that you will have to buy. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=free+fon...

Can't delete sent messages
I hope I have the right forum. For some reason Outlook Express is not letting me delete sent items. Any suggestions appreciated. Carol NS >-----Original Message----- >I hope I have the right forum. >For some reason Outlook Express is not letting me delete >sent items. Any suggestions appreciated. > >Carol NS >. >Having the same problem today. Don't know why. To find out I am contacting my cable company since the cable modem works with Outlook Express. In the meantime I found a temporary solution. Right click on a sent message and then click send to folder. ...

Can you change the # of places for percentages in xcel charts
I have some data that = less than 1% of the total amount, and want to display it as 0.xxx instead of "0" percent. Is there a way to change the percentage format to include more than one # place? Hi, Select the cells you want formatted and click the Increase Decimals button on the Formatting toolbar as many times as necessary. -- Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Headmistress05" wrote: > I have some data that = less than 1% of the total amount, and want to display > it as 0.xxx instead of "0" percent. Is there a way to change the percentage > format ...

create a user input query so it can be added on the switchboard?
How do I create a user input query so it can be added on the switchboard? I need to create a way for a user to input/select specific parms, press a button, then alacazam! Their query appears! (If you can't tell, the user's are unfamilar w/Access so it has to be easy for them.) I'll be adding this to the current switchboard. Thanks for any help! Thanks Chris! I'll give it a shot when I return to work Sunday. I'll let you know how it goes! Have a great weekend! Star "Chris2" wrote: > > "Star Taylor" <StarTaylor@discussions.microsoft.c...

How can I resize automaticly the shape
If text is longer dan standard format of the shape, is it possible then de resize teh shap automaticly On Fri, 8 Sep 2006 07:00:01 -0700, fokke <fokke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >If text is longer dan standard format of the shape, is it possible then de >resize teh shap automaticly You can edit the shapesheet of the shape (you may want to create a new master shape with these added properties) and set the folowing: width: =GUARD(MAX(TEXTWIDTH(TheText)+5 mm,30 mm)) height: =GUARD(MAX(TEXTHEIGHT(TheText,Width)+1 mm,10 mm)) -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. ...

What extensions can I (save as) in Microsoft Publisher?
I need to open a .pub file from a friend what can he save as so I can open it??? ..doc .htm??? Thanks Dave djam wrote: >I need to open a .pub file from a friend what can he save > as so I can open it??? > .doc .htm??? > Thanks > Dave ======================== Maybe your friend would be willing to create a .pdf file for you: Ask the friend to try this... Download and install the following free PDF Creator. PrimoPDF http://primopdf.com/ With your new program installed...open your project in Publisher and go to...File / Print. On your Print screen...open the drop window and s...

Can'r view security log
When I run event viewer as an admin, I can not view the security log. I can view all other logs. Is this normal? Thanks. On Feb 13, 8:50=A0am, Mint <chocolatemint77...@yahoo.com> wrote: > When I run event viewer as an admin, I can not view the security log. > > I can view all other logs. > Is this normal? > > Thanks. Do you mean you can't view it or the log is empty? Is your system XP Home or XP Pro or something else? If you do not have Auditing Policies enabled, the Security log may be empty. This is usually the case for general purpose sy...

Can't delete messages
I have a problem! I cannot delete my e-mail messages on my outlook express ... when I press the delete key .. nothing happens... HELP !! and thankyou... ...

can't load outlook
I have an oem version of outlook 2002, when I try to load after entering the 25 digit product key the next screen lists microsoft outlook with a red x next to it and the words not available after it. Whats up, it won't load. I'm trying to set up outlook for a PDA. System is windows ME. Can anyone help? "kevin maser" <maserco@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:050401c4249c$c41b2d30$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have an oem version of outlook 2002, when I try to load > after entering the 25 digit product key the next screen > lists microsoft outlook with a red x nex...

How can I get pivot table to order months by our fiscal year?
I need monthly data in a pivot table to be in fiscal year order (July to June). How can I do this? Thanks. Please ignore, I found the answer in another post. Sorry that I didn't see the other post before (even though I DID look). "Marty" wrote: > I need monthly data in a pivot table to be in fiscal year order (July to > June). How can I do this? Thanks. ...