Automatic Font Change

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

Whenever I hit an apostrophe, Word automatically changes the font of my document. Even with autocorrect turned off this happens. How can I make it stop?
0
AdamRoversi

It sounds like you may have smart quotes turned on and the font you are using does not contain them so it switches to one that does.  Turn off smart quotes or change fonts.
0
thg
1/31/2010 10:00:37 PM
Thank You.
0
AdamRoversi

how do i change dates on my calendar and keep my pics
Publisher doesn't support this. You would need to do it manually. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Bob T" <Bob T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:68671977-F71B-444F-AE72-801D2B359FEE@microsoft.com... > ...

Resource Units
I want to be able to have a resource, say 'electrician', with 5 available for the day shift and 2 available for the night shift. This would allow e to just assign the 'electrician' resource and have project level based on unit availability. If I setup 'electrician Day' and 'electrician Night', then I need to carefully select which to use and if the schedule shifts it is a nightmare. Any thought on how to do this? Thank-you! On Jan 6, 10:43=A0pm, John K <John K...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I want to be able to have a resou...

XL2007: Read-only automatically applies to .xlsm files
Hi There, I don't know if its me doing something that I shouldn't do, but when I open a file which is a "regular" .xlsx file it is opened regularly. But if it's a ..xlsm file, somehow it's opened as Read-only. So far I've used the method of using the Save As ... command from the office-menu, thereby replacing the old file. A bit cumbersome. Any explanationtions and/or work-arounds ? Greetings, Peter ...

Tracking Changes #4
Hi All, Just wondered if anyone could help me. I was going through the Track changes exercise, which is great to produce a report of who has change what and when etc. However I then found out that if I was to change my username in Tools>Options>General, in excel that track changes goes to pot and tracks the new username, so in effect I could disguise myself as someone else and change areas of the spreadsheet without successfully being tracked! Can this be stopped without using network administration rights to stop people going in and changing the username? Many Thanks Amanda ...

Changing my functions to use subtotals?
I have 2 functions that are calculating my data correctly, except now I need to consider the autofilter. I figure using subtotal is the way to go if I want to disregard filtered out rows. Also, I plan on moving my data to another sheet, so it will need to reference the current sheet, which is AAT_Raw_Data. Finally, the # of rows of data will vary, but I don't think it will ever be over 10,000. I'm using Excel 2003, so I think there's an issue with using something like "A:A" in my formulas. Can someone help me change these to add in a subtotal and take into...

Word always asks to save changes to the template
For my work we have made templates for different letters we have to send. Our application (VB6) calls those templates when we want to send a letter. Using the code we follow a few steps : - open word - open a new document using our template - save the document (.doc) on a server - sometimes print the document - sometimes immediately close the document (when we don't want users to modify the document afterwards) When they closed the document the users always get 2 questions : - save changes to template for the letter - save changes to normal.dot I already found a solution to avoid the q...

Font Substitution
How do I tell Publisher which font to substitute for a missing font on my printer/computer? In this particular case, I just want to substitute ERAS MEDIUM ITC for ERAS MEDIUM. Also, is there an easy way to find where ERAS MEDIUM is being used in a document? I am not the document's creator, I am just saving it and printing it on my computer and printer. Thanks! TOOLS > COMMERCIAL PRINTING TOOLS > FONTS "Willie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2e4fd01c46aa7$6179a020$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How do I tell Publisher which font to su...

dates
Hi there - I am a new user, have only started using excel 2 days ago but am really enjoying it. I have managed to create timesheets that automatically calculate the time spent on a project. Anyway, enjoying it very much. So, I have dates running down the left hand column (A), eg, 05.10.05. Currently I am inputting these by hand because if I drag that cell down it creates 05.10.06, 05.10.07 etc. I have messed with the 'custom' setting and changed it to 'dd.mm.yy' but this has not solved it. Any help much appreciated. By the way, it's excel 2001 for mac. Tom -- small ...

Font scaling in CScrollView
Folks, I'm having trouble with scaling a font. I'm fiddling with a page layout app, so I'm using isotropic mapping mode, with the window set to 210 x 290 (A4). Now the way I understand it, a 12 point font in logical units should be 12 * 25.4 / 72 LUs high. Using that formula, I end up with font that only grows after the viewport increases by 100 pixels (in steps of 20). Any ideas? Jase Jase, Your formula is correct. But consider the following: A 12 pt font has the height 4.233... mm - 1.459 % of the height of an A4 paper. Translating this to pixels, we get for some diffe...

Automatically import/export workflow
Hello. I'm working on a redeploiment tool for CRM 3.0 pro. I mean a tool to automatically import all customizations (customizations, callouts, workflow, data...) of a CRM to another one. Is there a way to automatically (from a program, not manually) import/export workflow rules ? I know there exist web services for callouts import/export, is there the same for workflow rules. Regards, I don't think so. Workflow import/export is handled by a separate application and cannot be accessed through any of the CRM web services -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://...

Publisher font issue
I have an issue with Publisher 2000 and the calendar font size. The defaulted font size is 18. In each calendar date box, when I enter information is a smaller font (8 font), and save; close the program and then reopen; the 8 font text defaults to 18 font. I need the smaller font for information that needs to go into the calendar. I have tried a few tings through the help feature but nothing I do seems to work. Can someone help me with this or tell me how to fix this problem? Thanks Try this, put the calendar on the background (master page) Ctrl + m , use text boxes for your i...

chars 128-255 in both raster and ttf font
I'm trying to display both a old style .FNT file and .TTF file with the same application. When I build the application with _MBCS, the .FNT file shows characters 128-255 correctly. When I build with _UNICODE, the ttf font shows characters correctly. My ANSI code page is 1252 and OEM is 437. I've tried MultiByteToWideChar and its reverse and CharToOem and its reverse and haven't found the correct setting and am big enough to admit that I don't understand what's in play here. This is because MBCS uses the high-order bit to indicate a multibyte encoding. Therefore,...

text font color won't print in Excel, why?
I am using Excel 2002. I changed the text font color of the cell. It displays correctly on my screen, but it prints as black text even though I selected a pale yellow. Word 2002 prints correctly. The pale yellow prints as a light shade of gray. Does anyone know why? Thanks eagle Perhaps in Page Setup>Sheet you have "Black and White" checked? Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 22:51:01 -0800, eagle7 <eagle7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am using Excel 2002. I changed the text font color of the cell. It >displays correctly on my screen, b...

Can't get automatic updates to work
I get this message: [Error number: 0x8DDD0018] The site cannot continue because one or more of these Windows services is not running: Automatic Updates (allows the site to find, download and install high-priority updates for your computer) Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) (helps updates download more quickly and without problems if the download process is interrupted) Event Log (keeps a record of updating activities to help with troubleshooting, if needed) To make sure these services are running: 1. Click Start, and then click Run. 2. Type servic...

series name change
How can I change the name of "series" ? I added to the chart with straight line by highlight two numeric columns. I can create lines but the legend show series 3,4,5,6 !! Thanks Daniel On Tue, 14 Aug 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Daniel <Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >How can I change the name of "series" ? > >I added to the chart with straight line by highlight two numeric columns. >I can create lines but the legend show series 3,4,5,6 !! Choose menu Chart.. Source Data.. Series, and there will be a box for series name. You can ...

how to automatically delete non-contiguous rows
Is it possible to define a large data field then delete non-contiguous rows, like every fifth row, without having to delete each row one at a time? Hi One way to insert a column with a formula and use SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks) to delete the rows Test it on a copy of your workbook Sub test1() Application.ScreenUpdating = False Dim myRows As Long Range("A1").EntireColumn.Insert myRows = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count With Range(Cells(1, 1), Cells(myRows, 1)) .FormulaR1C1 = "=IF(MOD(ROW(),5)=1,""Keep"","""&...

Changing a formula's result to text
I have a pretty simple worksheet that lists the date in column A. In column B, I have a formula that converts the date in Column A to the proper day of week. When I put it in a pivot table, it treats column B as an individual date, not the proper DOW. I attempted to copy/paste special/values into a new column, but it doesn't change it to the DOW, it leaves it as the date. I am trying to get Excel to permanently change the cells in column B to say "Tuesday" instead of 4/19/07. Does that make sense? All of the conventional answers don't seem to work for me. Any help? It...

Automatically adjust table row height in Publisher
Is it possible to have Publisher automatically adjust row height when working in a table? No... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "cdavetype" <cdavetype@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AAADE565-0540-4135-B7EF-D6DB4AD01B91@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to have Publisher automatically adjust row height when working > in a table? ...

Change PST?
I installed a new Outlook (XP) and have my old backup PST file on a disk. I want the default data location to be of my choosing. I assume I copy that data where I want it but how do I import it? "bobnewman backup.pst.pst". I am totally confused, both by the lack of documentation (that I can find) and the backup file name. I hope someone can help. Bob I found it! Thanks anyway. Bob "Bob Newman" <bobnewman@att.net> wrote in message news:vD%7d.2900$TY2.272@lakeread04... > I installed a new Outlook (XP) and have my old backup PST file on a disk. I > want t...

Changed Server Numbers when Travel
I just had my outlook 2003AOL server numbers changed for no reason while travelling. Switched them back for my pop account and the would work, when shut down and then restart they would change from the correct to another set of numbers. Is there a way to stop these server numbers from changing while I travel. Thanks. What is a 'server number'? The IP address? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outl...

How do I change the elements displayed in the message list
How do I change the elements displayed in the message list. For example, to list "To" or "From" edit the view - to change just one folder, click on the row of field names and choose custom. To make all folders the same see http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/grouping.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips...

Automatic Sharing 09-04-06
I want to set up records so they can be automatically shared with a particular team if a flag is set. Is this possible? I need to set it up to be shared with a team as opposed to a business unit as there will be people from different levels and business units involved. Basically, if the user clicks on the "Yes" radio button to set a particular bit, I want to share the record with a team. Am not really sure how lookup's work in terms of just being able to set them, so I guess that's my problem. Also, the team lookup isn't an attribute of the record (for example, Accoun...

Change the mail Subject
When I choose to send my SOP Blank Invoice Form to a mail recipient (pdf), information is populating the subject line and body of my e-mail by default. Specifically the name of the report is populating the subject line. Is there a way to change this? I would rather see the Invoice number or customer name populating that field. Thank you Nancy, Out of the box, no. When you print a report to screen it loses all knowledge of what report it is (or where it came from). That's why when you then send to pdf the best the window can do is use the title of the output window as the s...

Font Issue 12-01-09
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3342466225_2506650 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit I upgraded my iMac to Snow Leopard and tried as best I could to follow the directions re deleting old and duplicate fonts for Office 2004 and 2008. That seemed to correct the gibberish I was getting in Entourage, but I am left with constant �error� messages asking me if Entourage (2008) can use a font on one of my several external...

change range for multiple charts
Hi I need to change the range for multiple charts, i.e. i have to go chart by chart and modify, either with the mouse or by typing, the new range, is there a quicker way to do this? "Yossi evenzur" wrote: > Hi > I need to change the range for multiple charts, i.e. i have to go chart by > chart and modify, either with the mouse or by typing, the new range, is there > a quicker way to do this? I've written a little Excel add-in that performs mass edits of series formulas: How to Edit Series Formulas http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/how-to-edit...