Auto highlighting of Citations

Version: 2008

How do I turn off the auto highlghting of citations (all my citations are highlighted grey for some reason). I understand this doesn't show up in print preview but is there any way I can turn this off, it is annoying.  <br>
thanks
0
dannymiro

Take a trip into Word> Preferences> View where you can set the Field Shading
to display 'Always', 'Never', or 'When Selected'.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 5/7/10 6:47 PM, in article 59bb8261.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"dannymiro@officeformac.com" <dannymiro@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) How do I turn off the
> auto highlghting of citations (all my citations are highlighted grey for some
> reason). I understand this doesn't show up in print preview but is there any
> way I can turn this off, it is annoying.
> thanks

1
CyberTaz

Auto-filter selection
When I attempt to use auto filter whether selecting just the header row or selecting the entire columns and rows or just the exact range, the autofilter drop down box only selects the rows through 1001. I try this on another file and it will grab the full number of rows. I'm not sure why this is happening, but have noticed it happening seemiingly sparaticly recently. The file is saved as a MS Excel 97/2000 Workbook. I noticed this becaue I generated the data in alphabetical order and when I create an autofilter I notice that only the names through H are included i...

Error in formula after auto-filtered
In a table, i have one column (let say Column A) where the formula is referred to another workbook. The formula works well, until i do an auto-filtered on another column (Column B). The formula in Column A would then displayed "#Value!". The formula would works well only if i have the other workbook opened. How do i do an auto-filter without getting the error on the formula? Pls advice. Thanks I know that there are some worksheet functions that only work if the other workbook is open. A few of them are =countif(), =sumif(), =indirect(). There may be workarou...

chart auto open
I am really, really new at this but I have a program that I wrote i excel that provides 8 different results. I was wondering if there i any way to automatically open those cells to display a chart? If anyone can help me I would certainly appreciate it. Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi what do you mean with 'open the cells'? normaly you can easily select the cells and goto 'Insert - chart'. Choose your chart type and format it. If your values change the chart will be updated automatically -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I am real...

Auto Reply to Junk-Email.
I want my Outlook to automatically send an email reply (e.g. using JunkReply.oft) to senders that have been identified as Junk mail (Actions, Junk Email, Junk Email options in Outlook 2003). The reply would explain that their message has been treated as SPAM, please phone me to keep this from happening. Is there a way to do this? I don't see an option for this in either the rules wizard nor the Junk email options. (And I don't know how to create a custom action in the rules wizard). Thanks, Jim Wouldn't that result in just verifying your address to a multitude of spammers? ...

highlight specific cells in array #2
Domenic Wrote: > Try the following... > > 1) Select your range, in this case C1:F20 > > 2) Format > Conditional Formatting > Formula Is > > 3) Enter the following formula: > > =C1=$A$1 > > 4) Choose your formatting > > 5) Click Ok > > Hope this helps! Great! So easy, but you have to know it! Thanks -- joke ----------------------------------------------------------------------- joker's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1621 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27...

Auto Send/Recieve Time
I saw a post in this fourm that said you should not setup Outlook to Auto Send/Recevie less that 5 minutes. I have a client that insistes that all his employees have their Outlook setup to Send/Receive in 1 minute intervals. Is there a Tech Document from Microsoft that I can show him that says Do Not Set less that 5 minutes? Thanks "Ron Boetger" <rboetger@bblink.net> wrote in message news:9r28b49etvj8bbts194e1amq678iegd4tf@4ax.com... >I saw a post in this fourm that said you should not setup Outlook to > Auto Send/Recevie less that 5 minutes. > > I have a clie...

Auto Populating cells from a master spreadsheet
How can I autopopulate a cell from a master spreadsheet to other spreadsheets while maintaining all data and cell characteristics(cell color, attached notes, etc.)? ...

Auto input data on one sheet based on row selected in another shee
Hi all, I have a worksheet that contains rows of data. I also have setup a 'form' (in the general sense of the word) on another worksheet. What I want to do is take data from the selected row on the first worksheet and automatically fill cells on that second worksheet (the 'form') with it. Is that possible? If so, can someone give me an example of a formula that would do it? Thanks, CW Something like =Sheet!A1 should work Best way is: type =, open the other sheet and click the cell; press Enter Key or click green check mark on Formula bar best wishes -- Bernard V L...

Auto Lease Set Up
Is there any effective way to set up and Automobile Lease, have it show on the Car Page since it really is not an asset, or should I just use a generic category/subcategory Automobile:Lease Payment whereby it will appear under Vehicle Expenses for the year? Unfortunately, this skews things a little for me since we have 2 car payments (1 regular loan/1 lease) and Lease Payments then show up under Vehicle Expenses for the Year but Car Payments do not since I have a loan set up. Any thoughts appreciated! Tony I am having the same problem. Were you able to find an answer to this? Thanx...

Auto reply on Not Read Messages
Is there a way to resend a message to those who delete messages without reading them until the message gets read? ...

highlighting word 2003
I am trying to add numbers to tables and it keeps highlighting them even tho highlighting is on "none" this is really annoying help!! Tools>Options>View (I think) and set Field Shading to Never or When selected. -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "gg" <gg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E466EBC6-14B2-400F-AA1E-B62A772CF339@microsoft.com... >I am trying to add numbers to tables and it keeps highlighting them...

auto deleting bad mail
Any way to auto delete the bad mail? So i don't have to go in every so often and delete the large quantity of them? On 26 Mar 2007 15:28:00 -0700, alittlegeeky01@gmail.com wrote: >Any way to auto delete the bad mail? So i don't have to go in every so >often and delete the large quantity of them? If you mean on the Exchange Server, using the badmail folder has been disabled since Exch 2003 SP1. Otherwise a script or tool: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=782aaf0f-6239-40ad-adda-97863d852ff7&displaylang=en ...

Auto-Allocating Lot Numbers
Hello: A GP 10.0 client needs for lot numbers and their quantities to print on GP picking tickets and packing slips at the time of allocation—not at the time of separate fulfillment. By default, GP only prints this data at the time of fulfillment. We have three ways to go on this, as follows: (1) Through Dexterity or some other programming, create a custom solution that will auto-allocate rather than auto-fulfill lot numbers even though it goes against the grain of what GP normally does, (2) Modify the packing slip and picking ticket to display lot numbers and their quantities at ...

PUBLISHER
Please use this space to ask you question. And make sure you give us all of the information you can, especially which version of Publisher you are using. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Murrayjones" <Murrayjones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05C80DBE-0FF2-455E-93A9-5EE35E2F8D36@microsoft.com... > I am using Publisher 2000 and trying to insert numbering into a document with 10 tickets. Can you help? "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote: > Please use this space to ask you question. And make sure you give us all of > ...

OL2003 highlighted text is not replaced
I've just started using Office 2003 with Outlook using Word as my email editor. When I highlight text and try to type over it, it is not replaced but reappears after the new text I type. Is there a setting I've missed? It was simpler than I thought. Tools\Options\Edit tab "typing replaces selection. Now why would the new Word default to the unchecked selection?! I can't think of a reason I would want to block text just to type in front of it. Ridiculous. ...

Money auto reconciling checking acct details
I'm having trouble getting Money to stop automatically marking online exports from my bank as reconciled. The option for this in the tools section in unchecked, so why does it keep doing it? I don't want things reconciled until I do it when statement arrives. In microsoft.public.money, bfr57 wrote: >I'm having trouble getting Money to stop automatically marking online exports >from my bank as reconciled. The option for this in the tools section in >unchecked, so why does it keep doing it? I don't want things reconciled >until I do it when statement arriv...

Auto message generation with attached file
We are wanting to automatically bring up an outlook message that contains an attached file from our application. The idea behind it is that our users can simply click a button on our application and the output file we generate will be automatically addressed and ready to be sent through their configured outlook. The bad news about all this is out app is written in Java. Do any of you guys have any ideas about how we can do this? I couldn't find any simple command line options for attaching a file, so a programming approach seems to be the only option. I have seen a few Java-COM bridge...

Auto increment int field in select statement
What I am trying to figure out how to do is to have a int to start at 1, 2, 3, ect. But I want then counter to reset when the MasterID changes. Employees table is used to hold employee info, MasterID is the PK key and is a Identity field on the table. Dependents are for dependents has a FK to Employees.MasterID column. It also has a fiend called DepID that is a PK and identity column. Im looking for something like this SELECT Employee.MasterID, Dependent.DepID, --There is where I want to increment to be FROM Employees JOIN Dependents on Employee.MasterID = Dependents.Maste...

XL2003: Why won't some formulas auto extend?
In XL 2003, I have "Extend data ranges and formats" checked. In one workbook, some formulas will extend, but others won't. I'm down to row 64, so I've got the formulas in at least the previous five rows as required. It works this way with both manual and automatic calculation. Can anyone give me any hints as to how to correct this? Ed ...

From field not auto-filling
The From field on Outlook used to always auto-fill with my email address, but for some reason it no longer does. Recepients seem to be getting it, but it does not appear when I start a New or Reply message. You asked the same question yesterday and got multiple replies; have you read those answers already? Long story short; there is no need to manually specify the From field for each message. It is only needed when you want to send as/on behalf of somebody else. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Out...

How can I AUTO Reply quoting original subject and body?
Sorry for the duplicate posting. My client wasn't configured with proper name and reply to address in previous post. --------------------------------------------------- Does anyone have a procedure on how to setup an auto-reply in Exchange 2003 which quotes the orginal subject and body in the reply message? Thanks in advance. Jonathan Lecht ...

GL Acct Maint - Auto Desc Assembly
GL Account Maintenance - Auto-Description Improvement Suggestion Microsoft Dynamics Incident Number: 8679884 We are setting up GL Segment Descriptions and have very nice descriptive names (max limit = 30 characters) that will look good on reports and SmartList queries, etc. The issue is the way the descriptions flow into the GL COA Description - The Account Maintance Screen sucks in all or part of the segment description (depending on length (12 - 16 characters??) and probably some algorithm in the program) which FILLS the entire line. The Master Description (50 characters max) becomes...

auto complete of addresse
I was wondering if outlook 2002 has a feature for auto complete of addressee. Outlook doesn't do auto-complete. It has a feature called auto-resolution. If you enter part of a name or a nickname then tab out of the field (or hit Alt-K [Check Names]), Outlook will attempt to resolve the name against your address book. If it can't it'll red underline it and you can right click on the name to manually resolve it. Outlook will save the resolution for future use. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, a...

auto reply-outlook 2000
i can't get auto reply to work following the steps i got from this website: i made a new message and saved it as an outlook template file and closed it. (i noticed that it doesn't get saved into the outbox as was the case when i set up auto reply on another computer with outlook 2003.) i set up the auto reply using the rules wizard and choosing the saved message i made. when i receive a message, nothing happens. the person who sent me an email doesnt get my reply. any suggestions? ...

Auto acceptance of ICS
I'm running an exchange with several iphones connected that don'r have direct access to outlook via a pc. They do have access using outlook anywhere. My problem is we have a new appointment system that sends out invites for our client database, this includes details of the customer and appointment notes from any chosen mail client (outlook in my case) in the form of ICS. As we all know, the iPhone really messed up by not acceting ics attachemts so I need a work around. Is it possible to create any settings or rules to automatically accept an invite via ics and add it direct...