Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

After installing the 12.2.4 Office update, I am unable to open some Word files that I had password-protected with an Open File password.  How can I open?  Thanks
0
MB_DC

Basically, "you can't".

Sorry, the other passwords are crackable, but "Password to Open" is
effectively the encryption key.  The entire file is encrypted, and unless
you have the correct password, you can't get it open.

However, are you sure you are not attempting to open files that were
password-=protected on the PC?  There is a documented limitation that Mac
Office 2008 can't open the PC's DRM-protected files: the encryption is too
strong.

Try again with a copy of Word 2007 or 2010.

Hope this helps

On 1/05/10 2:11 PM, in article 59bb7bfb.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"MB_DC@officeformac.com" <MB_DC@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel After
> installing the 12.2.4 Office update, I am unable to open some Word files that
> I had password-protected with an Open File password.  How can I open?  Thanks

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd

John