Adding documents to "File"

Version: 2008

I the Top line of word, where the apple logo, Word-File-Edit and so on. How do I get the "last 6 documents" that I have recently opened to appear when you clicl on "File"?
0
billyboy

In article <59bb8f2b.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0>,
 <billyboy@officeformac.com> wrote:
>Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I the Top
>line of word,
>where the apple logo, Word-File-Edit and so on. How do I get the "last 6
>documents" that I have recently opened to appear when you clicl on "File"?

In Word 2004 it's in Preferences > General. Probably the same or similar
in 2008?

Patty

0
Patty
5/25/2010 12:40:46 AM
I have done this. I've had 8 then 6, closed and opened word each time. The are not there. bill
0
billyboy
5/25/2010 4:17:44 AM
In Word 2008, it's on File>Open Recent.

And you can get more than 9.

Hope this helps

On 25/05/10 2:17 PM, in article 59bb8f2b.1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"billyboy@officeformac.com" <billyboy@officeformac.com> wrote:

> I have done this. I've had 8 then 6, closed and opened word each time. The are
> not there. bill

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd

John_McGhie_
5/25/2010 9:44:56 AM
Unlike Word 2004 the recently used filenames are not listed at the bottom of
the File menu itself. When you open the File menu point to 'Open Recent'
near the top of the menu. That will produce the submenu listing the recently
used files as well as a few other items.

If that doesn't clarify the issue, make sure that Office & OS X are fully
updated, repair disk permissions, then restart your Mac. Reply with full
details if the problem persists.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 5/24/10 7:57 PM, in article 59bb8f2b.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"billyboy@officeformac.com" <billyboy@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I the Top line of
> word, where the apple logo, Word-File-Edit and so on. How do I get the "last 6
> documents" that I have recently opened to appear when you clicl on "File"?

0
CyberTaz
5/25/2010 10:31:54 AM
I did the repair disk and check for upgrades, restarted. Still no good, here are the results <br>
&quot;System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/Resources/JavaPluginCocoa.bundle/Contents/Resources/Java/deploy.jar&quot;, should be -rw-r--r-- , they are lrwxr-xr-x . <br>
Repaired &quot;System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/Resources/JavaPluginCocoa.bundle/Contents/Resources/Java/deploy.jar&quot;. <br>
Permissions differ on &quot;System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/Resources/JavaPluginCocoa.bundle/Contents/Resources/Java/libdeploy.jnilib&quot;, should be -rwxr-xr-x , they are lrwxr-xr-x . <br>
Repaired &quot;System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/Resources/JavaPluginCocoa.bundle/Contents/Resources/Java/libdeploy.jnilib&quot;. <br>
Warning: SUID file &quot;System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent&quot; has been modified and will not be repaired. <br><br>I don't know but should I be doing something with &quot;open from document connection. bill
0
billyboy
5/25/2010 4:21:31 PM
No, Document Connection has nothing to do with your recently used files.

Go to Word> Preferences> General... What is the status of the Recently Used
Files setting?

Go to File> Project Gallery - Recent... What do you find there?

What do you find in File> Open Recent...?

--
Regards |:>)
Bob Jones

<billyboy@officeformac.com> wrote in message
>I did the repair disk and check for upgrades, restarted. Still no good,
>here are the results
> "System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/Resources/JavaPluginCocoa.bundle/Contents/Resources/Java/deploy.jar",
> should be -rw-r--r-- , they are lrwxr-xr-x .
> Repaired
> "System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/Resources/JavaPluginCocoa.bundle/Contents/Resources/Java/deploy.jar".
> Permissions differ on
> "System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/Resources/JavaPluginCocoa.bundle/Contents/Resources/Java/libdeploy.jnilib",
> should be -rwxr-xr-x , they are lrwxr-xr-x .
> Repaired
> "System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/Resources/JavaPluginCocoa.bundle/Contents/Resources/Java/libdeploy.jnilib".
> Warning: SUID file
> "System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent"
> has been modified and will not be repaired.
>
> I don't know but should I be doing something with "open from document
> connection. bill

0
CyberTaz
5/25/2010 5:21:20 PM
0
billyboy
5/26/2010 4:23:23 PM
I open customize tool bar and installed the Project Menu on the navigation bar, that's a start
0
billyboy
5/26/2010 5:22:51 PM
OK, you're on the right track :-) but let's try the global approach rather
than piecemeal.

In the Customize Toolbars & menus dialog, open the File menu on the Word
Menu Bar toolbar. Control/Right-Click the 'Open Recent' command & select
'Reset Command', then see if it's restored to the main Menu once you OK out.

If not, go back into the Customize Toolbars & Menus dialog. On the Toolbars
& Menus page click the name of the Menu Bar then click the 'Reset' button.
See if things are restored when you 'OK' out.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 5/26/10 1:22 PM, in article 59bb8f2b.7@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"billyboy@officeformac.com" <billyboy@officeformac.com> wrote:

> I open customize tool bar and installed the Project Menu on the navigation
> bar, that's a start

0
CyberTaz
5/27/2010 11:27:09 AM
There is NO &quot;open Recent&quot; in the file menu. I clicked on reset and it did not show?
0
billyboy
5/27/2010 3:42:19 PM
With the amount detail you're providing, I can't think of a way to help you.

You keep sending these one-liners like Twitter.  They don't contain enough
information to be able to help you.  I have to wait until they add up to
about a screenful before I have enough information to help you with.

The next thing I need from you is your exact build number from the
Word>About Word menu.  Give me the whole of the first three black lines...
It would also help if you gave us the numbers from Finder>About this Mac.

We can't see your screen from here.

Cheers

On 28/05/10 1:42 AM, in article 59bb8f2b.9@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"billyboy@officeformac.com" <billyboy@officeformac.com> wrote:

> There is NO "open Recent" in the file menu. I clicked on reset and it did not
> show?

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd

John_McGhie_
the Commands page, then locate the 'MenuOpenRecent' command & drag it to the
File menu in the Menu Bar toolbar. You can place it anywhere you prefer but
it normally sits between 'Open...' & 'Open from Document Connection'.

I'm still not certain why they disappeared to begin with nor why they failed
to respond to the Reset. That suggest that they or others may take a walk in
the near future. If so it may be necessary to test your Normal template &
Preferences files to attain a long-term fix. Let us know if need be.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 5/27/10 11:42 AM, in article 59bb8f2b.9@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"billyboy@officeformac.com" <billyboy@officeformac.com> wrote:

> There is NO "open Recent" in the file menu. I clicked on reset and it did not
> show?

0
CyberTaz
5/27/2010 8:34:06 PM
any of these help?:

http://screencast.com/t/YmRjY2Qy
http://screencast.com/t/MTA4MDJiMGUt
http://screencast.com/t/ZTMxZjAxYTEt

--
Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T.        "If it's Fixed, Don't Break it"
http://www.phillipmjones.net        mailto:pjones1@kimbanet.com

order of PST files appearing in the Folder List
Hello, I create .pst files with various names, to store emails in. For my work. I keep histories of messages, etc., One thing i would like to be able to do is to have the ability to dictate which order the pst files appear in the folder list. is there any way to do this? thank you, No, they'll always appear alphabetically. You'd have to name them in such a way that alphabetical order is also the order you want the files to appear in. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to pr...

Read/Write INI on Program File Vista Problem
I have a VB6 program that reads application settings from INI file... until now most users used the app on Win XP and there is big hassle running the program on Vista as Program File under Vista is Read Only... Under Vista users manually copies the INI file to Writeable directory like Documents; edit the INI file and then copy it back to Program Files thus rendering changing application settings through the VB app impossible. I would like to change program settings from INI to say egistry. But I don't know how to to go about this. Can VB6 create registry keys for an app duri...

reinstall Office 2004 without losing entourage email files
Office 2004 is behaving very erratically for me, a new development after a long period of happiness. I have tried replacing preferences files, I have rune First Aid on my startup disk and repaired permissions (both from the OSX Tiger install disk) and yet I am experiencing LOOOOOOOOONG load times for MS Office. I feel I need to erase and reinstall office, but I don't want to lose my email archives. What to do? David Removing Office shouldn't remove your Entourage data, but it's a good idea to make a backup regularly in any case. To back up all of your Entourage data, just co...

Create a file in the path of a PDA
Hi, I am working with the application of user interface where the code has to be run on the device(i.e. PDA of imate, Jasjar) using Active Sync. Now I have to create a file config.txt using the API _wfopen , with a path given as /My Device/Program Files/config.txt in the PDA. I tried doing as FILE *fp; if ( (fp = _wfopen( L"//My Device//My Program Files//Config.txt",L"w") ) == NULL ) { AfxMessageBox(_T("Couldn't Create the file !")); return FALSE; } But it is not creating the file as the path specified, it is giving Couldn't Create the ...

Open File
I created a shortcut to a executable on a mapped network drive. And I get the open file security message. I Googled this and found the page below. Tried both settings in IE; Include all network paths (UNCs) And add the server to trusted local sites. Neither works. Still get the error message. Is there anything else that I can try? http://windowsxp.mvps.org/networkfile.htm Thanks ...

Can i replay logs with eseutil multiple times on the same EDB file?
hi all, I was wondering if anyone was ever able to replay logs through eseutil multiple times on the same database. I tried issueing the command "eseutil /r E00 /D" once on the original set of logs and it succeeded. When I added some more logs to the same folder and issued the same command, it appears that no new logs are replayed to the database. However, if I only call ESEUTIL once on the comprehensive set of logs (the original set of logs plus the additional ones), then it works fine and all the logs are incorporated. It seems that ESEUTIL will only allow you to replay logs to ...

attching files in outlook 2007
hello, if I try and insert a file into a message in outlook 2007 I only get options to insert or insert as text. in previous versions there was an option to insert as a hyperlink, is this no longer available? I am using outlook/office 2007 with SP2 installed. Thanks in advance for any help. Taffy B "TAFFY" <TAFFY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01D958C4-B54B-4127-BB93-F414AD3D9A68@microsoft.com... > hello, > if I try and insert a file into a message in outlook 2007 I only get > options > to insert or insert as text. in pre...

How to block Zip files
I just noticed that outlook is letting users accept any file as long as it is in a zip file . I want to now block Zip files. How do I do this? You can do this by installing the admpack.exe available in the Office Resource Kit. Other options might be available on your corporate firewall or virusscanner. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "AlanM" <nooneatall@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:eUGllA9ZEHA.1840@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... >I just noti...

backup files from Money 2002 to Money 2004
My harddrive broke leaving me unable to open Money 2002. I'm trying to restore my files onto my new computer with Money 2004, but I keep receiving an error message that says I do not have a valid path name. Anyone had any success solving this problem? TIA Step 1 - for safety copy your back up files to your hard disk. Step 2 - double click on the first backup file using Windows Explorer or My Computer. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "...

Excel:I set the font color to be "Red". Next time file is open, f.
Say I sent the font color to Red in the cell. The next time I open the file, the font color in the cell changes? Why Maybe you didn't save the file? >-----Original Message----- >Say I sent the font color to Red in the cell. The next time I open the file, >the font color in the cell changes? Why >. > ...

Sharing Excel files
I'm sharing a file on our network (approx 1mb in size). occasionally, the print areas are completely cleared. aside from user intervention, is there anything that can cause this? Not sure about Excel 2000, but in Exel 2002 there is a sharing functio you have to turn on. From you discription, you do not have it turne on. Tools > Share Workbook... Most of the options that come up are self-explainitory, but you ma want to review the help files are keeping tracking of a change histor if you want to do that ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http...

enable files to be transferred from incredimail
can MS develop the capability to make as easy to export from incredimail as it is to import into it? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=1879c698-d235-4484-84cf-7cb9d3eb9150&dg=microsoft.p...

Recovery of Corrupt File
Anyone out there have any expereince in recovering a corrput publisher file. Trying all conventional fixes nothing is working in order to open the file. Thanks, Vicki ...

Mail Merge file from Pub 98
I have a mail merge file from Pub 98 that I'm trying to open with Pub 03. It's not working. The 03 version doesn't even see it as a file for use. I'm using XP and my Pub 98 disc blew up in my cd drive. Anyone know how I can get 03 to read the 98 file? Are you getting an error message? Do you still have the data intact? Is it a Publisher list or something else? Do you have problems opening other 98 files? Sometimes Norton will cause problems. How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329820/en-us I've had ...

Exchange 5.5 server -- edb.log files are filling my hard drive!!
I am running Exchange 5.5 and my hard drive is filling up with all of the log files. The server is in the process of completing a full backup and hasn't finished yet but I have over 1GB of EDB.LOG files at this point in time and am running out of disk space. The weird thing is that about a month ago our backups weren't working properly and we enabled circular logging to prevent this from happening. When I check the server properties circular logging is still enabled on the Information Store but I have over 200 edb.log files!! I also noticed that the earliest log file is from 6:00 P...

restoring .pst file
I have looked at all of the information about this topic, but it isn't working. My calendar on Outlook has lost all of its old entries. I cannot find the scanpst.exe file on this computer, although I have checked "show hidden files." I tried to download the file, but it says it can't run it because it is missing another file. I run Vista on this computer. Any help wil be appreciated. "dhodges103" <dhodges103@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:35EACC6F-B4E8-4469-B153-C4F1AE61DA80@microsoft.com... >I have looked at all of ...

File repair problem
Hello, One of my MS Money files has some entries that cannot be changed. If I try to change them I get a message that says: "This transaction cannot be entered. Money could not write to your Money file. The operation cannot be performed or another application finished the task before you . Please try again." This only happens with some of my entries, not all. (The entries were downloaded from a banking site, but other downloaded entries are not affected.) I have used the repair utility at two levels and the problem persists. By internet searching I have found reference...

files corrupted on save
Office xp with sp2, excel 2002 files are corrupted on save and excel closes. Opening excel, file is recovered however all the formatting is lost. Hi where do you save your files to? To a floppy disk? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Joe wrote: > Office xp with sp2, excel 2002 files are corrupted on save > and excel closes. Opening excel, file is recovered > however all the formatting is lost. novell 6 network >-----Original Message----- >Hi >where do you save your files to? To a floppy disk? > >-- >Regards >Frank Kabel >Frankfurt, Germany &g...

Insert file name into Cell
Is there a way to insert the file name into a cell, rather than on header/footer? Hi Bonny, 1996FEDT.XLS =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("[",CELL("filename",A1),1)+1,FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1),1)-FIND("[",CELL("filename",A1),1)-1) D:\driveM\excel\TAXES\1996FEDT.XLS [Sheet1] =SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(CELL("filename",A1),"[",""),"]"," [") & "]" for more information, worksheet examples, and coding examples for pathname, filename, sheetname and combinations of ...

Importing messages and files to Favorite Folders
have my POP email accounts set up in WLM. I imported all my message folders .They went in to Imported Folder. My question is how can I move the folders into my Pop email account Folder. I have a pop server account named: 1st Account BOB Inbox Drafts Sent Items Junk email Deleted 2nd Account JOHN Drafts Sent Items Junk Items Deleted Items Imported Folders Drafts Sent Deleted Imported Folder (1) Under Folder (1) are all my imported Folders with my email messages in them. How can I get these Folders into Bob's account Thanks in Advance Doug ...

RECORDSET file name length limit?
Here's a snippet of the code I'm using: oConn.Open "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _ "Data Source=" & strFilePath & ";" & _ "Extended Properties=""text;HDR=Yes;FMT=Delimited""" Set oRS = CreateObject("ADODB.RECORDSET") 'Now actually open the text file and import into Excel oRS.Open "SELECT * FROM " & strFilename, oConn, 3, 1, 1 When I do the oRS.Open, it fails to find the file. I renamed the file to something short...

Excel saves tmp file
Whenever the spreadsheet is open, Excel saves an identical copy of the file as a tmp file. After closing the original file the tmp file does not disappear. Any ideas how to correct this problem, it is eating away at my server space. Do you mean the file has an extension of .tmp? When you save a file, excel will save it as a temporary file (8 characters, no extension). Then if that save is successful, excel will delete the original and rename this funny named file to the original's name. If something interferes with the save, then you might see this temporary file left behind (but...

MDE File 07-06-07
Thanks Doug and Arvin I succeeded in making the MDE File and its working well but now I don't want the users to see all access the tables.I have a main form with controls for opening the respective forms and reports but the user can access my tables what can I do . Am new to access but since I joined the forum my understanding has improved any help Guys There's a lot you can do to lock down the frontend... =20 Create custom menus/toolbars for use throughout your application. Use the features in Tools, Startup to set your main form as the startup form set your d...

Open files from Access Form
Hello all, One field of my table contains a link to an attached file. This file may be a word doc, pdf, or other. How could get Access to open the file using the appropriate program (ie Word, Acrobat..etc) automatically when I click a button. I know how you could specify a particular program, say word, to open a link... But not sure how I could do a pdf. And how I could get it to determine default program settings. Thanks for your help. On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 19:13:02 -0700, kMan wrote: > Hello all, > > One field of my table contains a link to an attached file. This file may b...

How to remove attached files from messages in the box ?
Hi, I would like to delete attached files from messages in my inbox, preserving the rest of the messages. With Outlook Express, I could do this using th utility "OE Quick Tool". How is it possible with Outlook 2002 ? Fred "Fred Hazel" said in news:%234jMmPr0DHA.3220@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl: > Hi, > > I would like to delete attached files from messages in my inbox, > preserving the rest of the messages. With Outlook Express, I could do > this using th utility "OE Quick Tool". How is it possible with > Outlook 2002 ? > > Fred I think you ha...