Windows 2007 .xlsm files

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

In my work environment we now use windows excel 2007 with files saved in the .xlsm format.  I have a mac at home but find that I cannot open the excel .xlsm files in max excel 2008.  Compatibility is the number 1 requirement for me.  Is there any solution other than buying Windows?
0
David_Winston

David_Winston@officeformac.com wrote:
> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel
> In my work environment we now use windows excel 2007 with files saved in
> the .xlsm format. I have a mac at home but find that I cannot open the
> excel .xlsm files in max excel 2008. Compatibility is the number 1
> requirement for me. Is there any solution other than buying Windows?

There's no particular reason why you can't open .xlsm files in Excel
2008. In fact, Excel 2008 ought to be able to open (but not run the
macros contained within) ordinary .xlsm files.

Does Excel provide any sort of message when you try to open .xlsm files?
If so, what does the message ssy?

-Jim

--
Jim Gordon
Mac MVP
> There is a message that Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close.  And Excel closes.   <br>
> I have found that .xlsx files open with no problem, so I had assumed that the problem lie with the .xlsm format, but I am no expert on these issues.
0
XinXin
3/27/2010 7:54:38 AM
Thanks,  <br><br>I will send through a file next week (I can not forward the actual files I am currently having difficulty with as they are work related).
0
David_Winston
3/27/2010 1:22:04 PM
excel 97 appears to open but disappeaers on a mac with excel 08

David_Winsto wrote:

Windows 2007 .xlsm files
26-Mar-10

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

In my work environment we now use windows excel 2007 with files saved in the .xlsm format.  I have a mac at home but find that I cannot open the excel .xlsm files in max excel 2008.  Compatibility is the number 1 requirement for me.  Is there any solution other than buying Windows?

Featured Product / Service Review: TekPub
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/ae6e21fa-3443-4134-9d2e-39384482c80e/featured-product--servic.aspx
0
brian
3/30/2010 5:05:52 AM
Sorry guys:  If you want an answer, ask a sensible question.

On 30/03/10 4:05 PM, in article 20103301551fitz411@cox.net, "<brian
fitzgerald>" <> wrote:

> excel 97 appears to open but disappeaers on a mac with excel 08

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd

John

#Delete Mark in Bound Memo filed

Window Redirection?

CSV File Problem

Couldn't Find c:\windows\system32\system.mdw Message
Loaded Access 97 on my new Vista Machine and got the above message when I tried to start Access. How do I fix this ? Vista has more stringent rules about who, and how you can write to the System32 (or Windows for that matter) folder. If you have another machine with and unsecured system.mdw file try to copy it to your new one. If it lets you, you are fine, if not you'll need to work with someone in a Vista newsgroup to figure out what the problem is. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "JWalker" <JWalker...

CFile (delete file)

import a 123 file

Access 2007 and Vista code problem

Public Folder link to Excel File