using color for if function

Version: 2008

If a number is negative, it is red <br><br>instead of manually changing the color of each negative number
0
surfishingfool

On 3/4/10 11:24 AM, surfishingfool@officeformac.com wrote:
> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) For instance, I
> would like to make the sheet operate so as,
>
> If a number is positive, it is black
> If a number is negative, it is red
>
> instead of manually changing the color of each negative number
There are several standard formats that do this. Or, you can use a
custom number format. Look in help for an explanation. post back here if
you have any further questions.
0
Bob

Cell Color change
How do I get a cell to change color automatically? The cell already calculates a SUM, but I also need it to look at a range of cells and if its value is > than the rest, chang color. To -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You could use conditional format. Go to Format > Conditional format and then select formula. and the select format, there you can chose the color of the cell yoou what whe the criteria in the formula is meet -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Look at CF http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat01.html Post back if you need help -- ...

A form to be filled in and then to be used for a query
Hi ! I'm using MS Access 2003. In my table I have yes/no fields F1 to FN. In my query I want to select records from this table according to the values of F1, ... , FN. I want to use an entry form for specifying my query. My entry form will have checkboxes for specifying the values of F1, ..., FN. A record is to be selected from my table whenever it has "yes" values for all fields checked in the entry form. (Unchecked fields are ignored .) To carry out the query, I would like to check the values in the entry form, then push a button to have another form show up which display...

Why my colors on screen are different in printing?
I have not changed anything in my settings and my colors on screen are what I want. When I go to print, they are completely different. I don't understand how to get them to match. I would think the default colors would be fine... so how did they change, without me doing anything? I have tried a few things and it did not help... I am just wasting ink and frustrated. Please HELP! The colors on your screen may be what you want but what you really need to do is to print something and then make your monitor look like the print. Computer monitors, video cards, brand of ink, type of paper ...

Can I use 1 function in this case?
I have several control on my dialog. Each control has its message processing function. for example: ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_BUTTON_ADD, OnBnClickedButtonAdd) ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_BUTTON_SUB, OnBnClickedButtonSub) ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_BUTTON_MUL, OnBnClickedButtonMul) Can I just use 1 function to process all messages? ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_BUTTON_ADD, OnBnClickedButtonMath) ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_BUTTON_SUB, OnBnClickedButtonMath) ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_BUTTON_MUL, OnBnClickedButtonMath) If yes, how to decide which control send the message? Lookup ON_CONTROL_RANGE on MSDN. -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "ka...

Logo use in signature blocks
I am starting a new business and brand image is very important to us. I have heard that using company logos in signature blocks can cause outlook to crash and cause other issues. Is there any truth to this? What is your recomendation? Thanks in advance for your help! Who told you that and what was their reasoning? It all works as it should. It's just an image in a message. You can chose to save it on a web server and link to the picture instead of embedding it in the message to keep the size of the message down and make sure you don't show a paperclip icon for each of yo...

Using the lookup attribute twice problem
Hi, I created a relationship attribute (Many-to-1) in a custom entity, so it will be a lookup field in the form. Now, I noticed that I can only use this lookup attribute once in a form, but the requirement is to use the same lookup field in the same form twice, first is for the Contact text field (lookup) and second, is for the Assistant text field (lookup), which both fields uses the Contact entity. Any ideas? On May 9, 11:47 pm, "Benjamin Fallar III" <fal...@pldtdsl.net> wrote: > Hi, I created a relationship attribute (Many-to-1) in a custom entity, so it > will...

Find Where Specific Fonts Have Been Used in a PowerPoint Presentat
Is there a way to find where specific fonts have been used in a PowerPoint presentation. The Contents tab of the Advanced Properties pane list the fonts that are used in a presentation but not where. MS Word will search for fonts with the find dialogue. I am looking for similar functionality with PowerPoint. In article <6CDAC5DB-AFCF-4485-9EAB-5146B5B5411C@microsoft.com>, John B wrote: > Is there a way to find where specific fonts have been used in a PowerPoint > presentation. The Contents tab of the Advanced Properties pane list the > fonts that are used in a...

using xmlspy generated code
HI XMLSPY enterprise edition have the ability to produce csharp code and classes depending on provided XML file and XSD Schema. does anyone have examples on how to use them. Thanks Tell it to generate a C# (assuming you're using dotnet) project for you then take a look at the code labeled test. It has examples of how to use the object model it creates for your XSD. ie: 1. You can Create instances of xml files adhering to your XSD. 2. You can load an exsiting instance in the object model and manipulate it using the objects and methods XMLSpy created for you. One caveat. When I last...

Highlighting a cell
I would like to highlight a cell for data entry, but I do not want the color to print. Is there a way to acheive this in Excel 2000. Thanks Sandi <File>, <PageSetup>, <Sheet>tab, Under Print, check the "Black & White" box. HTH, RD ==================================================== Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so that all may benefit! ==================================================== "Sandi" <ssteines@abprocess.com> wrote in message news:00c601c376eb$2b9a9910$a301280a@phx.gbl... I would like to highlight a ce...

conditional formatting colors
I need to somehow reflect drops in collections, but there is no set beginning amount to put in the formula bar. I need to highlight in bold or color decreases on a monthly basis and by quarter when drops of three consecutive months happen, I have tried everything, but nothing seems to be working. The spreadsheet is setup where as follows: a b c d e f g H name tume state desc rep month revenue collection it continues down with all of Jan. going down from column a4:a310 and then skips rows and begins Feb. stats a312:a624 and so on. I'...

change the color of non-printing characters in this version of Word?

Having Tabbed UI using CFormView in an SDI project
Hey Guys I want know whether we cud implement tabbbed UI using CPropertySheet and Cproperty using CFormView or CScrollView in a SDI MFC project. If Yes how? Hope for Quick reply Pankaj It would be kinda hard to put a CView in a PropertySheet. Try these instead: http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/w-d/doc_view/tabs/article.php/c3347/ http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/w-d/doc_view/tabs/article.php/c3315/ http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/w-d/doc_view/tabs/article.php/c6107/ http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/w-d/doc_view/tabs/article.php/c3357/ http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/w-d/doc_view/tabs/article.php/c3247/ AliR. ...

menu event functions
Sorry, I am a new bee here. I wanted to know in which class should I keep my menu OnCommand functions. Should those be in App class or frame class or view class or doc class. As you know for SDI we keep it in App class. Thank you Lee Also I wanted to add that I want this to know in case of MDI application. Thank you, Lee yang__lee@ausi.com wrote: > Sorry, > > I am a new bee here. > I wanted to know in which class should I keep my menu OnCommand > functions. > Should those be in App class or frame class or view class or doc > class. > > As you know for SDI...

Using innerXml and outerXml on a xmlDataDocument leaks cpu-resourc
Selecting element nodes from a xmlDataDocument using the childNodes collection or by using selectSingleNode and then reading innerXml or outerXml leaks cpu-resources. A trivial example showing this behaviour is included below. Running this example increases the cpu-load gradually and reaches 100% within a minute or two. The problem exists with innerXml as well as outerXml operations. Using a xmlDocument instead of a xmlDataDocument does not show this behaviour. Imports System.Xml Public Class Form1 Inherits System.Windows.Forms.Form Private xmlData As New XmlDataDocument ...

Using continuous form iteration index as query parameter
I want to put a button on a continuous form. I would like the value of the button to represent the iteration number of the form which is passed to a stored procedure as a parameter. For example, if a form iterates (continues) for 10 records in a database table, I would like the VALUE property of the button on the form to represent the "index" number of the continuous iteration the button is located on (0-9). Any suggestions? THANK YOU! ...

Sending attachments using Business Contact Manager Mail Merge
I've just upgraded to Outlook Business Contact Manager 2003 and am trying to send an attachment to several contacts using the mail merge facility. When you click mail merge it takes you to Word, so I cannot understand how you attach a document to the message you have written. I'm sure it is very simple, I just need a little help please!!! Kate:confused: ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Sorting by Color
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I have a spreadsheet of 4500 lines, some of which have been filled with a color to denote a change or deletion. Is there a way to sort the spreadsheet by color to make this a quicker process? Not without VBA, no. Sorry: you need to use a mark that is part of the "data", not part of the "formatting" so that you can then use formulas to do things with it. On 3/04/10 10:52 AM, in article 59bb665c.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Kendi_Kendi@officeformac.com" <Kendi_Kendi@officeformac.com> wrote...

Using Trebuchet MS Font : Bold and Italic not in Font Dialog
I've read that you should use the actual "bold variant" family of a font instead of just choosing "bold" (because the latter would just make it heavier and you might lose some definition/character). 1. Is this true? 2. When In use Trebuchet MS in Publisher or Word 2003 they don't show the bold or italic versions that are in the Font folder (Trebuchet MS Bold,etc.) Do they just automagically use the bold family when you bold something? And, if so (BONUS QUESTION) : is this better, the same, or worse "looking" than a font with a special different f...

Using Drop Down box that can be edited
Hi, I have created a form in Word 2007, but would like to have the drop down box I created to also be overwritten by the user if the items in the drop box doesn't include their choice. Thanks fjcunninghamjr One possibility would be to replace one of the items in the list with a user input item. You could do this with a macro run on exit from the dropdown field Assuming the dropdown field Dropdown1, put an item at the end of the dropdown list "Enter your own value" then run the following macro on exit from that field Dim sChoice As String Dim fDD As FormFie...

Slow saving time once VBA has been used
I have tried and found that once soem VBA code is added to a small xls files (e.g. 1 worksheet with nothing on it), the saving time of that file will become very small (e.g. about 5 seconds) The original time for saving that xls file is less than 1 seconds. Once all the VBA code have been removed, the saving time become very fast again. It is normal? Anyway to solve this problem? Thanks. --- Please remove NOSPAM- in the email address when replying by email. ...

Use list options to hide columns
Excel 97 Hi, I was wondering if the following is possible in excel: <big deep breath> I have 4 separate worksheets for data entry and results calculation for radiation detection, each is a separate type of test. These worksheets/tests share a lot of common Fields for data input and calculations, what I want to do is combine the worksheets and show/hide only the columns relevant to each test. In column A, I have added a drop down list of 4 different types of test. Depending on the type of test I select; call them A, B, C & D Can I use a List to control which columns are sho...

Drawing a selection box using CRectTracker
Hello, I have an MFC SDI CView application and I want to draw an selection box when the user left clicks and move the mouse. I have found the CRectTracker class but I can't get it to work I have this code: void CSCMLaserView2::OnLButtonDown(UINT nFlags, CPoint point) { SetCapture(); m_startPt = point; m_theRectTracker.TrackRubberBand(this,point,TRUE); } void CSCMLaserView2::OnLButtonUp(UINT nFlags, CPoint point) { //Release the capture on the mouse ReleaseCapture(); CSCMLaserDoc* pDoc = GetDocument(); ASSERT(pDoc != NULL); CClientDC dc(this); OnPrepareDC(&dc); // Co...

Strange color situation
After a reinstallation of Outlook 2003, the software's interface has changed from the old blue to very light brown, which makes it hardly readable. The PC's overall them is Windows XP, and color scheme blue. And yet, there seems to be no way to restore OL2003 to blue. Are you using the default theme and color scheme in Windows? Are you sure its Outlook 2003 and not 2002? See Help, About to be sure. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: ma...

OT: If you use a lot of hotkeys, bookmark this site
If you are like me and use a lot of Hotkeys, this is a kick butt website!!! I thought I knew a lot of shortcuts but this place is amazing. Gotta bookmark it. http://allhotkeys.com/ -- Ok, I admit it, I killed Barney!! http://www.lockergnome.com/darksentinel You know what to do with the munge DarkSentinel <darkmungesentinel@munge.charter.munge.net> wrote: > If you are like me <snip> No, I'm not like you - I don't spam newsgroups. Reported. From: "DarkSentinel" <darkmungesentinel@munge.charter.munge.net> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook Subje...

Wildcards with functions INDEX and EQUIV
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0024_01C58934.6E429850 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello everybody, In my datasheet, i'm searching values with several conditions. The = function is the following : {=3DINDEX($J$2:$J$15024;MATCH(1;($J$2:$J$15024=3DN4)*($K$2:$K$15024=3DM4)= ;0))} The results of the function are OK. I would like to now if is it = possible to add the wildcards * in the conditions. I've tried this ones = but without success : {=3DINDEX($J$2:$J$15024;EQUIV(1;($J$2...