unhide data in pivot table

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

I saw that this has been raised before but did not see a solution posted. Has anyone found a workaround?  The issue again, I have created a pivot table and in it I ahve e.g columns with data for different years.  I want to hide the data on one year and select thehide functionin the fieldsettings and it does disappear neatly, however, when I want to turn this back on it is not possible.  It does seem like the cmd button should do the trick when i click it witht he year marked in the fieldsettings, however, it has not effect on my pivot table.  Would be great to get a a workaround on this <br><br>Thanks
0
Kjelll

I have the same problem with my Excel Mac.  I can't get my field entry back. Use pivot table function a lot in Windows Excel and never have this problem.
0
Buzz
3/8/2010 9:56:12 PM
What problem?

The only text we see from you is the text below.  Please don't assume that
everyone can see the same display you are looking at: there are more than 20
different servers replicating/stealing our content around the world, and
they all show a different picture.

Ask a complete question, because currently we have no idea what you are
talking about.

Better still, find us here: http://www.officeformac.com/ProductForums/Excel/

That's the "Original" server that everyone else is leaching off, and that
has the full record of everything that has been said.

Cheers

On 9/03/10 8:56 AM, in article O2jmrowvKHA.5244@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl, "Buzz"
<user@msgroups.net/> wrote:

> I have the same problem with my Excel Mac.  I can't get my field entry back.
> Use pivot table function a lot in Windows Excel and never have this problem.
>
> ---
> frmsrcurl:
> http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.mac.office.excel/unhide-data-in-pivot-tab
> le

matters unless you intend to pay!

 --

John McGhie, Microsoft MVP (Word, Mac Word); Consultant Technical Writer,
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd, Sydney, Australia.

0
John

Data on a 3.5 diskette
I realize this may be somewhat old school, but I have a problem with some data on a 3.5 diskette using WinXP. I put some personal data in a '.xls' file on a 3.5 diskette and update it every now and then. The other day when I put the disk in to enter some new data, I received the following error msg: "book1.xls" cannot be accessed. The file may be read-only, or you may be trying to access a read-only location. Or, the server the document is stored on may not be responding. My options at this point are "RETRY" or "CANCEL". I check the...

data range is too complex.
I am just changing over to excel 2007. . Most of my data will update to the embedded chart just fine but one tells me "the data range is too complex to be displayed. I don't know how to fix it -- Thanks for all your help. God Bless, Frank I had one like it and all I did to fix it was select the chart and right click on it, select data-> click on the icon at far right of Chart Data Range, use the mouse to select the data range, click on the icon at far right then OK. Note: If there are multiple ranges and the ranges are not adjacent, select the first range then hold the Ct...

PIVOT tables and publishing thrm on a webpage #2
MS Excel 2002 Is there a way to publish a pivot table in a html page but still kee exactly the same funcitonality that you have on a Excel spread sheet either by converting it to a java applet or something else . Any hel would be much appreciate -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

how do I get more than one sub-total in pivot tables?
I am using pivot tables to show summary HR recruiting data. The data columns are nested at three levels - priority(a, b or c), type(add/replace), number of reqs and number of positions. The pivot table automatically gives me sub-totals within the priority so I get number of reqs that are adds of priority A for example. I also automatically get a total of number of reqs and total of number of positions. What I'm trying to get is the sub-total of number of reqs that are adds regardless of priority. Move Type to the column area, and you'll get columns with totals for Add and...

Word 2003 > 2007 Table issues
In the document where I removed the extra paragraph marks, I now have many tables with vertical text. If I make a column wider, it moves horizontal, but then I have a lot of extra space and it takes away from the previous columns width. I don't see if forcing a cell size. Also, I have many tables which are wider than the size of the page. Is there a way to fix that. Since I have large documents with the above issues, is there a way to globall fix it? Thanks! Of course, Autofit to Window will make the table fit the window... That would be a table by table item, though...

Hide/unhide with macro
Hi Just a small question Using macros I hide and unhide some rows for printing purposes See sample below It all works fine the only hicup I have is that I would like the return to the active cell after the macro has finished As it is now when I reveal the rows they stay selected Anybody got an idea Thank you Rex Rex, At the top of your code, insert Dim myCell As Range Set myCell = ActiveCell and at the bottom of the code, after everything has run. myCell.Select HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "RT" <rthsopmapmson@softscreen.be> wrote in message news:jHg0d.242220$oU6....

Autopopulate Multiple Fields in Table Using a Form
I have a form based on a table where I want to store data. The data to store comes from combo boxes based on various lookup tables. The wrinkle is that there is one lookup table that contains 2 fields of data (questionnum and question) I want stored in the table once the questionnum is selected. The question field is formatted as 'memo'. When I create the combo box the question field is not an option for selection. I add it manually to the properties after completing the criteria for the combo box. I have been struggling with the code used to autopopulate more than one field but...

Pulling data from individual files to master list
Hello, I've just been entering the world of Excel for the past few months, as I started a new job last year and my main duty is to bring the company into the 21st century (or even the late 20th, at this point). What I'd like to do sounds a little backwards, but I think it's the way to go, if it's possible: I'm creating individual sheets for our products, so that all the relevant info for, say, product A001 is shown on one sheet named "A001.xls". But I would also like to create a "master" list. I say "master" in quotes because it's not r...

Transfer data from one sheet to another
Did I stump you guys? This is a hard one! Here is the senario: Worksheet one has a cell with a drop down menu with the numbers 1-10 in it. Below the drop down menu are two columns labled 'account number' and 'method' each with many fields available for info below them. Worksheet 2 is a database. It has many columns labled 'account number', ' method', 'date', 'cycle' etc. The cycle field is what contains the numbers 1-10 of the previous worksheet. I need a way of making it so that when I choose 1-10 from the dropdown menu on the fir...

export data to excel
Hi im quite new to using visio. im currently doing an office plan and using the "office space" shape to determine the amount of area in a certain office area. What i wanted to know was if there a way to export the office space amount it has calculated (eg 57sq metres) dynamicly to excel so that when i resize the area on the plan the spreadsheet updates. thanks Yes, you can use the "Link to Database" functionality in Visio to export and link the database values. Highlight the shape Click on Tools \ Macros \ Visio Extras \ Link to Database Set the database source to ...

Transfer of Data
I've used the db1 file. Loaded it to the hard drive, clicked it on from where I stored it and Money begins to 'work' then gets hung up. Must have tried 20 times today. Have also tried restoring from the bak ext. No luck. Is it possible to transfer from 1999 to 2003? Sorry for the thread error. I'll make a copy of my file with the .mny extension and see if that works. Is what I'm attempting even possible. ('99 to '03?)? In microsoft.public.money, Lynn Ringuette wrote: >Sorry for the thread error. I'll make a copy of my file >with the .mn...

Charting data by date
Hi, I'm new to Excell 2002, and have made worksheets with data refreshed from the Web. However I can't get it to show up on a chart with dates on the X axis. Have the axis formatted OK, but how does it collect its data? Have tried a simple worksheet with manually entered data & the dates entered in column A, but still can't get a chart to work. ...June. Jon Peltier has a charting tutorial that may help you get started: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/index.html When you manually enter data and dates, what problems do you have with the chart? June wrote: >...

CRM
Hi, I've got a problem to import data into drop down list (CRM). I alreday try cdf tools. But, when I execute the "p_cdf_PopulateStringMap" nothing happens! The cdf_StringMap is not completed... Help! someone has an idea to resolve my problem ? thanks regards, When you have installed the Data Migration Framework, you have also got 2 executables. You can (probably) find them in this folders: c:\program files\microsoft crm data migration tool\cdf c:\program files\microsoft crm data migration tool\cdfmigration one of the tools is called initializecdf.exe. Run this tool and...

Multiple Pivot Tables based on the same data
I have two pivot tables based on the same source. However, each table is unique in how it shows the date. The first shows all thirty days of the month. The second groups the date in 10 day increments. The first table is summed data while the other is averaged data. When I try to set up the second table to group, it also groups the first table even though its' on a different sheet. I remember being able to do this in version 2003. What have I overlooked? Thanks Phil In xl2003, I could create the pivottables as separate entities. I created the first PT and then sta...

averaging data
Hi, I have a program that collects data throught out the day and populates an Access table. This goes on everyday. I collect various data but the important ones to mention here is the date and percent error. I wish to show the average error for each day in a query. Is this the best way and if so how does one do this. Cheers Gerry GC, Create a "Totals" query (in query design mode menu... View/Totals). You would Group on the date value, and probably Sum the value data. This should yield totals for the day... from which you can calculate the percentages of...

Can you create calendars in Excel from data?
I am looking for a way to use the data entered in Excel to make an actual calendar. Is this possible or does Excel not have this functionality? ...

ow to create comparison chart using text as value data?
lplease help me. I am trying to set up a comparison chart of 3 computers cost and features! I cannot figure out how to use the features as values on the x or y axis says data range is to complex so cant select rows or columns. I am trying to enter the features as my source data too bungled dont know what to do term project is now overdue and I am stressing out!~ Dont want to fail. please help me!do i have to redo the whole chart or what any suggestions and demonstration would be deeply appreciated. thanks, Dee Johnson The first thing you need to do is think how the chart should look. Wh...

Defining Print Ranges From Pivot Tables
I have a Excel Spreadsheet that contains 3 workbooks, two of which contain data, one of which contains data which my pivot table on the third workbook feeds off. When in the pivot table i have added 4 four more columns of calculations on the right hand side of the pivot table. These columns use data from the pivot table and the data sheet to perform the calculations. As the amount of data changes variably on what is selected from a field within the pivot table i have had to use iserror and isna formulas so when there is only a short table the colums to the right return blanks rather than error...

Sort across a table
I have a table with theese records: SpillID SumBS SumGG SumBB SumBH 1 66 42 53 21 2 60 22 35 32 3 52 21 20 14 4 59 10 4 46 5 -8 53 17 -1 6 39 18 49 53 7 17 50 54 34 8 24 53 38 56 9 25 44 35 53 10 55 11 -9 32 Are there a way that Access that can present these data sorted like this: SpillID 1 66 53 42 21 2 60 35 32 22 3 52 21 20 14 4 59 46 10 4 5 53 17 -1 -8 6 53 49 39 18 7 54 50 34 17 8 56 53 38 24 9 53 44 35 25 10 55 32 11 -9 Any answer will be highly valued. hi, On 15.02.2010 12:14, The Viking wrote: > I have a table with theese records: > Spil...

Import data from a web page
I've read the suggestions about this topic and none of them work. The only thing I am able to do is manually copy and paste data from a website to my Excel worksheet. In the past, with the previous version of Excel I had a web query that worked but now I just get an error message that says the query retrieved no data. Following the instructions in the error message window yields no results. Has anyone else had this problem and arrived at a solution? What version of Excel, previous version is not descriptive of what you had what you have now. And it possibly does not matter. In...

Table fields not appearing in report writer
I have created an add-in app for GP. With the app are reports. When I go into Great Plains in the Report Writer and modify the report I need to create a relationship with existing GP tables. When I am in the Report Writer and I choose the MY table and look at the table, I can see all the fields. When I go to create a relationship, I click the Relationship button, select Great Plains for the product, select the table I want and choose the index. In the portion of the form where you associate one field with another, the secondard table (GP) shows the fields that are in the index. H...

Create individual worksheets for selected rows in a table
Hi guys, I hope somebody may be able to help. I want to be able to automate the following procedure Create individual worksheets for selected rows in a table. Many thanks - Batman2002 Batman, If you really want the entirerow, then use this - if you just want the selection, then remove the .EntireRow of the last line: Sub CopySelectioToNewWorksheet() Dim mySheet1 As Worksheet Dim mySheet2 As Worksheet Set mySheet1 = ActiveSheet Set mySheet2 = Sheets.Add(Type:="Worksheet") mySheet1.Activate Selection.EntireRow.Copy mySheet2.Range("A1") End Sub HTH, Bernie "...

Selecting A single Month From a Table with Multiple Months
The following code is used as the criteria in a selct query for a date field: >=DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date())-1,1) And <=DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date()),0) It has worked fine until the table included records from January 2010, database was created in 2009. Is there a fix or a better way to accomplish the intent? Not sure what your problem is the expressions you have return the first and last day of the prior month. So this is February 3, 2010 and the expression return 1/1/2010 and 1/31/2010. What do you want returned? What is the problem you are ha...

Linked Table Manager
How to use VBA to open up the "Linked Table Manager"? DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdLinkedTableManager Rob "Paul" <paul_mak@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:ut$CAVvsHHA.1216@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > How to use VBA to open up the "Linked Table Manager"? > ...

Querying XML data
Hello, Using SQL 2008 I'm taking xml string from a VARCHAR(max) datatype column and inserting into XML datatype column then want to query it. Doing the above like so: DECLARE @XmlSourceTable TABLE (RecordId INT IDENTITY(1,1) NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY, XmlData XML NOT NULL ) INSERT INTO @XmlSourceTable (XmlData) SELECT TOP 1 CONVERT(XML,REPLACE(REPLACE(CSR, '&lt;', '<'), '&gt;', '>'),2) FROM CDATA The xml looks like this after inserting here is just a small part: <SoapGetCSRReturnResponse xmlns="http://temp...