tables - 56677

Version: 2008
Processor: Power PC

How do I create a simple data table in excel - with two input cell/variables?  Thks
0
MPJ

Written for Excel 2003 but is basically the same:

<http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HP051995861033.aspx?pid=CH010004561
033>

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 5/15/10 9:00 AM, in article 59bb8809.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"MPJ@officeformac.com" <MPJ@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC
> How do I create a simple data table in excel - with two input cell/variables?
> Thks

0
CyberTaz
5/15/2010 1:42:50 PM
> Written for Excel 2003 but is basically the same: <br>
>  033> <br>
> HTH |:>)  <br>
> Bob Jones  <br>
> [MVP] Office:Mac <br>
> Bob - thank you for this. It takes me a step closer.  I now realize that I want to create a table of results where the variables influence the outcome earlier in the chain but are not cells references in the actual final function.  Do I need to re-configure the spreadsheet or is there another way to do this quickly?  <br>
> On 5/15/10 9:00 AM, in article 59bb8809.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, <br>
> &quot;MPJ@officeformac.com&quot;  wrote: <br>
> > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC <br>
> > How do I create a simple data table in excel - with two input cell/variables? <br>
> > Thks <br>

0
MPJ
5/15/2010 4:39:20 PM
> Written for Excel 2003 but is basically the same: <br>
>  033> <br>
> HTH |:>)  <br>
> Bob Jones  <br>
> [MVP] Office:Mac <br>
> Bob - thank you for this. It takes me a step closer.  I now realize that I want to create a table of results where the variables influence the outcome earlier in the chain but are not cells references in the actual final function.  Do I need to re-configure the spreadsheet or is there another way to do this quickly?  <br>
> On 5/15/10 9:00 AM, in article 59bb8809.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, <br>
> &quot;MPJ@officeformac.com&quot;  wrote: <br>
> > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC <br>
> > How do I create a simple data table in excel - with two input cell/variables? <br>
> > Thks <br>

0
MPJ
5/15/2010 4:41:16 PM
>  033> <br>
> HTH |:>)  <br>
> Bob Jones  <br>
> [MVP] Office:Mac <br>
> On 5/15/10 9:00 AM, in article 59bb8809.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, <br>
> &quot;MPJ@officeformac.com&quot;  wrote: <br>
> > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC <br>
> > How do I create a simple data table in excel - with two input cell/variables? <br>
> > Thks <br>

0
MPJ

which IC table records cost variance ?
when price differ between receiving and invoice, an cost adj entries is created in GL for qty already being used. Is there any table in Inventory that records such difference? eg: a) receiving item 1, qty 3, unit cost $1 b) issue item 1, qty 1 unit cost will be $1 c) invoice received, item 1, qty 3, unit cost $1.1 when (c) is posted, apart from the total of $3, an adj of $0.01 is also posted to GL to account for (a), whereas $0.03 is added to IV00300. Is there any table in inventory that records the cost adj for (b) ie. $0.01 ? I hope I make myself clear enough :) thks HFLo, It track...

Chart Base Line in Pivot table
I have a pivot table that shows the time spent on each support ticket. I would like to show a base line at the avarage time spent for all tikets. So if the most time spent on a ticket was 10 and the least was 5 then I would like one streight line to go accross the graph at 7.5. Is this at all posible. Thanks for your help. Steve ...

Missing fields in temp tables causes errors in SQL 2000 but 2005
I have an issue that only can be recreated in SQL Server 2000. But in SQL Server 2005 cannot be recreated. I have a stored procedure that insert a row in a temp table. But this insert is in a IF condition that will never be true (IF 1=0). When I execute the stored procedure by first time, and If table does not exist, the stored procedure is executed without errors. But, if the temp table exists but it has a missing column, the stored procedure throws an error when it is executed by first time. This issue is not recreated in SQL Server 2005 version. It only happens in SQL Se...

Tables IV00101 and IV001011
Can someone please tell me what IV001011 is used for. It is not listed in the Resource Descriptors nor in an Excel sheet I downloaded from someone's blog (and I can't remember where to give them proper credit -- and I want to thank them anyway because I use it all the time). Thanks Steve Steve, If you have an Excel file with the resource listings that's probably from Mark Polino's blog. I think IV001011 might be something custom in your install. I am not seeing it in my default installation and it doesn't follow the typical GP naming convention....

Pivot table -Show Q3 and Q4 with non-filtered Total
Hi guys, Need help with the question detailed below. In my Pivot Table: Field "Qty" is xlDataField. Field "Quarter" is xlColumnField. The report shows the quantities for each quarter, like: Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Total 2 5 4 5 16 I need to show only Q3 and Q4, but live the "Total" with the whole quantity, like: Q3 Q4 Total 4 5 16 How can I achieve that? Thanks in advance, Aldo. ...

Error message when using Pivot Table
I get an error message when I try to manipulate a very large Pivot Table. The message says "Excel cannot make this change because there are too many row or column items. Drag at least one row or column field off the PivotTable or to the page position. Alternatively, right click a field and then click Hide or Hide levels on the shortcut menu." I can't even figure out how to execute the remedies in the error message! I can manipulate other Pivot Tables from other ss just fine. And my colleagues have no trouble with this particular very large Pivot Table--just me. Is this a...

New Related Tables Records
Concerning my forms, I have buttons that will open a second form with information related to the record on the first form. For example, on a contact record, one might push the "Letters" button and see the letters sent to the contact in the past. I have navigational buttons on the form as well. However, when the 'New Record" button is pushed, it is necesary to select the contact again. How can I program the new record button to create a new record with the contact already filled out? The contact field in the related table is actually the id, but displays the company name ins...

Filtering a table does not work
I'm trying to help someone out who is using tables linked to a sequel server database in Access. There are multiple tables set up the exact same way that are acting differently in Access. On two of the tables, when she tries to filter a text field by a selection, it does not filter anything. It does the same thing when trying to enter a criteria in a query on the table. It yields all the results. But, in other tables with the same text field the filtering works great. So far I've tried a compact and repair which did nothing and I'm at a complete loss of what else to try. Any sugge...

Cannot edit field in a joined table-subquery query
Hi all! I need help creating a query that allows me to edit a field on the grid. I'm in query design view and I import the table ORDERS and the query QRY_SUMOF_ORDERDETAILS as a subquery. I joined the PK of table with the FK of subquery. The field I would like to edit is Comment, located on the one-side of the relation. The many-side is the subquery (QRY_SUMOF_ORDERDETAILS), which is just a query that groups and sums the related (many-side) records of the table ORDERDETAILS. The final result of this subquery is one record per each ORDER. I want to be able to edit the Comment field...

temp tables logged?
I was looking at an article that says: ******************************** A side note: Using transient permanent tables for temporary data is never a good idea. Permanent tables require writes to the transaction log, which incur a performance hit. *********************************** Don't inserts, updates and deletes to temp tables access the log as well? Thanks, Tom tshad (t@dslextreme.com) writes: > I was looking at an article that says: > ******************************** > A side note: Using transient permanent tables for temporary data is > never a g...

Charting table data beginning with zero
I have a large mailling list table in Word. I am trying to convert it to Access, but have had trouble with importing the data - a lot is corrupted in the translation. A friend suggested pasting it into Excel first and then converting. This seems to work very well except for the Postal Code column. When the postal codes begin with zero, Excel is dropping the zero in the pasting operation and will not accept it even if I manually record it. I tried going into tools>options>error checking>text to numbers (both on and off) but this doesn't seem to help. Any help is tre...

Refreshing fields in table cells.
Situation is as follows ... A document header contains a text box. This text box contains a table. The table has a field in each cell (20 fields in total). How do I select all these fields in VBA to refresh their values? The text box (and the table therein) are in a building block that is placed in the header using a macro. I know the cells can refresh because I see the refreshed values if I do a print preview, but I want to see them while looking at page Layout just after I have defined new field values. Field values are applied via a user form and it also here after pressing...

Top 10 data sort in Pivot Tables
I have looked on Help to see how to sort the data in a pivot table, to give the Top 10 in the right order, but when I try to follow these instructions I do not see the options. I can see the Pivot Tool Bar and click PivotTable but then it does not give me the option Sort and Top 10. I am new to Pivot Tables, can anyone help me please? Hi Gill Double click on a Field name>Advanced>click radio button for Show Top 10. Regards Roger Govier Gill wrote: > I have looked on Help to see how to sort the data in a pivot table, to give > the Top 10 in the right order, but when I tr...

subform rowsource pass through to table value function w/ paramete
I have a table value function that returns the rows that I want given 3 parameters. It works just fine in SQL Management Studio Express: select * from dbo.tvf_Airports_in_Range_of_Lat_Long(41.29757,-73.498924,100) order by miles The user enters a ZIP code for the origin location and a max distance, and a second ZIP code for the destination and a max distance. The latitude and longitude come frrm a ZIP code table lookup. From Access 2003 the query works as a pass-through but there are two problems: a) it insists on prompting for the System DSN every time b) I can't see a way to...

Update several tables from a single user input
Hello, I am trying to create a query that updates several tables based on a single user input. First, the user is going to import different sets of data into different tables. Then, he/she is going to run a query that updates all the blank DATE fields in all the tables with an entered date. This is what I have for the single table query (for which I can thank another Access expert in these forums): UPDATE FourPanel SET FourPanel.[DATE] = [Enter Date] WHERE (((FourPanel.DATE) Is Null)); Thanks in advance for your help, Dan Can be done using some code, like Function UpdateTables() Dim...

GreatPlains V8 temporary table
GreatPlains is using multiple temporary tables. At what point these tables have been generatated and how you can find what is data inside. Thanks. Sofiya. Temp tables are generated when they're in scope in the application, and destroyed when they're out of scope. For example, they may be populated after you hit the "Print" button to build a temporary collection of data for a report, and then destroyed immediately after printing. Many of them are listed as c-tree tables, meaning they'd be on the local workstation (I think). In a previous life (back in the days of...

Add header into Excel table
Hi, How can I add header(cells in first row) to the sheet which is created after I copied values from other sheets? Eg. values copied are like this 2003 |June| James| 250 2005 |May| John | 1001 So, the header would be Year|Month|Name|Amount Thanks in advance, amy -- jonesaa05 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jonesaa05's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28021 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=477044 Click on the #1 to select row 1, and hit Insert-->Row, and type t...

Prevent duplicate groups of records in a table
Access 2007 I have a formulas table with the following fields: Auto FormulaID Ingredient Percent 267 127 FlourA 51 268 127 FlourB 46 269 127 ProteinA 2 270 127 FlavorA 1 271 128 FlourA 51 272 128 FlourB 49 273 129 FlourA 25 274 129 ProteinA 25 275 129 FlourB 47 276 129 FlavorA 3 ...

SQL to export query into table
Is there an SQL code or command in MS Access that allows me to export query results into an table. I'm not worried about the redundancy part as it's a small table. The problem is, I am not able to update a table using data from a querry that has joins with other table. Thanks mario wrote: >Is there an SQL code or command in MS Access that allows me to export query >results into an table. I'm not worried about the redundancy part as it's a >small table. The problem is, I am not able to update a table using data from >a querry that has joins with ot...

Subcript in String table
How do i insert strings in the string table which have a subscript in VC ? Regards, Chitra To insert a string in the string table go to resources click String table. Just double click on the row. It will show you a dialog box. there you can enter strings and its ID. Are you looking for this information? Sreeram "chitra" <chitra@cadsindia.com> wrote in message news:udkHuOrSDHA.3144@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > How do i insert strings in the string table which have a subscript in VC ? > > > Regards, > Chitra > > Explain this question. I have no idea wh...

Add Table to Report
Hello I have a question about Crystal Reports. I'm using mscrm 1.2 on server and Crystal 9.2.2 on a xp client. I can modify reports in crm everything works fine. Now i want do add the owning user in opportunity report. therefore i ned to add a table where the ownin user name is inside. How can i get this working. Are there any ressources or documentation on crystal reports with mscrm1. TH Hi, if you only want to add the name of the owning user, then use the field "owneridname" which is in the opportunity "table" (this tables don't correspond 100% with exis...

Ranking within a pivot table
I have data with contestant names, their points for various events, various categories for those events, etc. I've seen the AutoShow feature of the Pivot Table that will sort the table based on total points, but what if I wanted to see the actual place they took instead of their points. I want to see a column with 1, 2, 3, 3, instead of 100, 99, 98, 98 and so on. Is there a way to place a ranking inside the pivot table itself? Also, how do I keep the fonts from changing when I select different events? -- Thanks, PTweety Hi I don't think you can achieve the ranking within ...

Pivot table from multiple sheets
I have data in multiple sheets. I am trying to create a 3D pivot chart. I have the chart in 3D form with data from one column of the sheet and I need to grab this same column (Column H) from multiple sheets and graph the data in a Count of column, data, sheet name. If it sounds confusing, it's really not. X=Sheet name Y=Count of Version Z=Version Any ideas??? ...

ent fields and lookup tables PS2007
Ok, so I mistakenly set the Team Member Look up table to the RBS Look uptable and I want to correct it. i read this article http://www.projectserverexperts.com/ProjectServerFAQKnowledgeBase/AttachTeamNamesLookupTable.aspx its great and all, but if i do this the RBS field will seeing the new team member look up table too. JennPenn07 -- Are you asking a question or making a statement? If you carefully re-read the FAQ, you will see that step #1 requires you to create a Team Names lookup table before you proceed any further. Did you create a Team Names lookup Table as direct...

GL Tables and end of year updates
In reading the message 'End of Year disaster' from user Vu posted on 8/9/2005, I saw where they had a problem posting at the end of year and tables not being updated properly. We have had what I think is a similar problem and need some help. When closing our fiscal year (ended 6/30) my computer crashed and everything locked up. I exited everything, rebooted, and logged back in to GP. I was able to go through the year-end close again. Problem was, when I did that, it posted everything to the GL3000 table twice. We were able to go in and delete the double-entries. All of the...