Size, Rotation, and Ordering not available for forms Excel 2008

I need to align a huge number of check boxes on a form. They are
considered objects, so the  Size, Rotation, and Ordering option should
show up on the Formatting toolbar, but it's not. So how do I align and
space 1000+ checkboxes?
0
fogharty

On 5/4/10 6:05 PM, fogharty wrote:
> I need to align a huge number of check boxes on a form. They are
> considered objects, so the  Size, Rotation, and Ordering option should
> show up on the Formatting toolbar, but it's not. So how do I align and
> space 1000+ checkboxes?
You are correct. Size rotation and ordering is not available for objects
in Excel 2008. I guess you'll have to do it manually, or on a Windows
version of Excel.

--

Bobgreenblattatmsndotcom
0

> You are correct. Size rotation and ordering is not available for objects
> in Excel 2008. I guess you'll have to do it manually, or on a Windows
> version of Excel.
>
> --
>
> Bobgreenblattatmsndotcom

0
fogharty
5/5/2010 3:29:53 PM
Point of clarification: Size, Rotation & Ordering *is* available for
[Drawing] Objects in Excel 2008, but Form Field Controls are not treated as
drawing objects.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 5/5/10 10:36 AM, in article
8FB342E2CBEABCEF1246498CF971DF27@in.webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Bob
Greenblatt" <BobG@nospam.com> wrote:

> On 5/4/10 6:05 PM, fogharty wrote:
>> I need to align a huge number of check boxes on a form. They are
>> considered objects, so the  Size, Rotation, and Ordering option should
>> show up on the Formatting toolbar, but it's not. So how do I align and
>> space 1000+ checkboxes?
> You are correct. Size rotation and ordering is not available for objects
> in Excel 2008. I guess you'll have to do it manually, or on a Windows
> version of Excel.

0
CyberTaz

Max row's available is too small
Hi, I had two questions...I currently have Excel 97 and the maximum row' available is 65000 and some. If I upgrade to the newest version doe this increase? If not, what are some ways you guys go about getting around thi restriction... What i'm going to be doing is using an Add-In from an external sourc that lets me do certain SQL queries....but the data returned from thes queries may easily be larger than 65k rows.... Any ideas? Thanks, Fran -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Frank, The maximum number of rows in all versions of Excel since 97 is 65536. There i...

PDF Table to Excel Spreadsheet
This has been asked in numerous places all over the web but I have not found a workable solution. We have a mainframe system that generates PDF reports for billing. However, few people in our organization these days speak mainframe. We need Excel to do calculations on the data. I began working on a method for converting using UEdit Macros and an Excel macro because the fields are fixed-width. My attempts have been unsuccessful. Here is what I want to accomplish: -Copy a region of text from a PDF -Paste into Excel -Break the values out into the appropriate cells. http://www.google.com/sea...

Excel Drop Down Boxes #2
Question; does anybody know how to add additional data to a previous drop down box? I have created a form that has several drop down boxes a while ago, and due to some information that has been change I need to input more info in the drop down boxes but for some odd reason I cant remember how I executed these actions!! If it helps I am using Excel 2000. -- CRS ------------------------------------------------------------------------ CRS's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27444 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46...

Hiding records on reports by checkbox on form
Hi, I'm in the proccess of buliding a new database. Its purpose is to store various organisation contact details and then to produce reports based on this that can be printed onto sticky labels. This much or basically finished. However, we naturally don't want to print the whole database every time, so I'm using a checkbox on the interface form that will filter the report so that only checked records are prepared for printing. Can anyone tell what code I need to use to do this, and where? I've tried various methods, but nothing seems to work. I'm using accesss 2003 by the w...

How can I access a public calendar from a custom form
I am trying to create a custom form that would allow a employee to request a vactation time frame. This form would then be mailed to a supervisor who could approve or disapprove the request. I am having difficulty getting the response posted to a public calendar vs. the managers private calendar. Help! -Jeff ...

extracting numbers from free form text field
Is there any easy way to extract numbers from a free form text field? For example: 123 abc def abc 456 def abc def 789 The results I'm looking for are: 123 456 789 The alpha characters and the numbers are randomly disbursed in th field :confused: . I'm looking for one cool formula that would extrac the number from the field whereever the number resides within the field Thanks in advance. landmar -- landmar ----------------------------------------------------------------------- landmark's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1509 View this ...

How do I use excel names with INDIRECT with charts
Hello, I want to create a Chart that does not directly reference cell-ranges (i.e. A1:A6), but excel-names that make the reference sheet-independent. My aim is to be able to copy one chart to other worksheets, which have their dataareas at the same places like the source-sheet. Problem: This works fine in cells but not in charts Excel name definition: =INDIRECT("R3C2";0):INDIRECT("R3C5";0) Any idea about this? Thanks in advance, Holger. You have to include the sheet name in the final formula that you want XL to use. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.co...

Best way to design tables for cascading on my form
My company inspects damaged cars for insurance purposes. Up to now, (relating to this issue) I've had tblDamageArea populate a list box on my form where the user can select the various parts of the car that were damaged. I've had this list include parts for multiple kinds of cars and I'd like to make this list cascade to include only those parts relevant to the car type inspected. I've created a tblVehType to separate Sedan, Coupe, 4DoorTruck, SUV, etc. which populates a cbo on my form where the user will select the type which will then be used as the crite...

Work Orders.
I have automotive and tire shop which is running RMS 2.0. I would like to know how I can select a customer and enter the parts that I put on the car as they are purchased. For ex. A car comes in for 4 tires that I have in stock(which are in the database already) in the process we see it needs front brakes(not In stock) we order them, they come in ( entered by po) and installed. Two items is easy, but when you get 5 or 6 items on on vehicle and a few more on another one on the same invoice that you just recieved it gets to be a little bit of a problem. My problem is that one person does t...

Purchase Order Contract & Confirm With to PO Format
I would like to add the Contract Number and the Confirm With fields from the Purchasing Vendor Detail Entry window (Blue arrow next to vendor Id on PO Entry window) To the Purchase Order Blank form How do I add this? Doug ...

mailbox size #3
hi, I want to decrease the size of our users mailboxes to decrease their limits. To do this, I need to justify that any mailbox size over 500mb needs to be revised because ...(good reason). Does anyone have a MSFT document that explain something like that? Thanks I dont think you will find anything like that. What is your SLA in case of disaster and you need to do a full restore? On Fri, 04 Jun 2004 18:20:51 -0200, Marcelo Moraes <marcelo.moraes@noemail.com> wrote: >hi, >I want to decrease the size of our users mailboxes to decrease their limits. To do this, I need to just...

Excel
i use Excel with office xp. i have a form we have made that requires client Name, Address, Phone, Fax etc etc etc... currently i keep all those contacts within my outlook contacts... is there a way i can type in the client business name in that cell, and have excel do one of the following: autofill with available address, phone, fax, PC, City/Town, contact... or... give me a choice of available contact... keep in mind, the Address, Phone, Fax, PC, City, Contact Name are all different rows and colums... Any thoughts Big One method....... Export your Contacts from Outlook as a *.CSV f...

Excel VB Code Error
I am trying to create a .csv file from an Excel workbook using a VB module and am wondering if someone can tell me what's wrong with the below code: Public Sub CSV2() Application.DisplayAlerts = False Sheets.Add ActiveSheet.Name = "Temp_10001" For Each ws In Worksheets If ws.Name <> "Temp_10001" Then ws.UsedRange.Copy Sheets("Temp_10001").Range("A1").Activate x = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count If x > 1 Then ActiveCell.Offset(x, 0).Select ActiveCell.PasteSpec...

Problems saving excel file from outlook
I have an EU that whenever he saves an excel file from outlook, it will rename the file (by adding the number "2" at the end of the file "file2.xls") and it also changes all the embedding links in the document. (The embedding link of F:\users\file.xls changes to c:\documents and settings\file.xls) Are you setting a Hyperlink base for your links? See Menu > File > Property > Summary tab. Put the original folder location there and when you move or save the file the links will not be renamed. Also assigning a letter to the drive can cause problems (not ...

Change only size of a thumb (CSliderCtrl)
When I extend size of CSliderCtrl, size of a thumb also grows as same ratio. Is there anyway to change size of thumb independently? i think they are bound together. The only way to do that is, you derive a your own sliderctrl, and do the draw work by yourself. ...

Grace period expired on sbs 2003 to sbs 2008 migration.
I ran my first 2003 to 2008 migration and everything went slowly but smoothly. I didn't quite finish the migration. All I had left was to uninstall exchange 2003 and demote the 2003 server. I got tied up out of town and lost track of this project and now I'm in a situation where the 21 day grace period is expired and I need to finish the migration because the source server is shutting off and taking exchange and the other services with it. Is there anything I can do to finish this project short of a reinstall? Any advice is appreciated greatly! scott <sco...

Excel tab as windows
Is there a way while running Excel to be working on one tab and open another tab as a smaller window that is always on top. So I can enter information in both tabs without having to minimize, maximize, or switch back & forth? Thanks C. Fillmore Hi you could align the windows so you can see both at the same time. But a 'always on top' option does not exist AFAIK -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany surveyorinva wrote: > Is there a way while running Excel to be working on one tab and open > another tab as a smaller window that is always on top. So I can > enter in...

message size limit #2
What is the default message size limit and where do I go to change it. I have a user that is trying to send an 11m file and can not due to the size limitation. I have tried to set the user to be able to send up to 20m but no luck. Thanks ...

can cvs files be opened using excel viewer
i have a user who cannot open cvs files with excel viewer but can ope with the full version of excel...anyone experienced this problem and i so, can you pls post the resolution -- darrie ----------------------------------------------------------------------- darriel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2388 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37522 There is nothing in the description of the Excel Viewer to suggest that it can read anything other than true XLS files. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;...

Adjusting Text box size
In Access 2007, after creating a form using the wizard, all of the text boxes created for entering data are the same size. When I try to adjust the width of one, they all change width. How can I unlock or change this feature? I have deleted a box, and then re-added it. This sometimes works -- however if you get the size close to the size of the other boxes, it “locks in” again. I appreciate all sincere answers. Ron ah yes....a new feature in 07... in Design View; select the 'Arrange' tab then on the left side of my ribbon is: Tabular Stacked Remove You want t...

how do i search an excel sheet for links to another spreadhseet?
Is there a Find function that allows me to look for links in a sheet? When I can't find links, I'll use Bill Manville's FindLink program: http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm Flutie99 wrote: > > Is there a Find function that allows me to look for links in a sheet? -- Dave Peterson ...

Forms and Reports from CrossTab queries
Hi All, I have read a few postings in this area, but they all seem to be very specific to particular situations. Can someone please guide me towards the best solution to my dilema? I have a form with two list boxes which contain many variables (answers to specific questions from a survey). When two different questions are slected I run a cross tab query resulting in a dymanic result of rows and columns based on the selections. I now want to display the result as a datasheet on my form and in a similar fashion as a report. Any help is, of course, greatly appreciated. Regards, John D...

Hiding a field from a sub form.
I know that this looks easy (and it probably is) but this is what I need to do. I have this code that I can hide a field within the same form ' NI.Visible = Not NB And this works just fine. what I would like to do is Hide a Field from a Sub Form and I am hitting a wall. I tried this, so please tell me where I am brain dead. frmDateEntry!product.visible = not NB Thanks in advance, -- -The Novice Learn Today, Teach Tomorrow Great Success is ones ability to ask for Help. On Fri, 18 May 2007 14:50:00 -0700, TheNovice <TheNovice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I know tha...

Excel Reader scroll bar???
I'm using an Excel viewer to read e-mail attachments from my home office. I don't have Excel installed on my machine, only the viewer. Often I do not have the horizontal scroll bar. I have tried maximizing the window and still no luck. Any solutions for this? Thanks ...

new to making forms on access
Ok I have a table whihc has column name title and some survey question. Now i want to create a form so that when i select Name ( I guess this will be combo box) I dont know how to do that even where i can select name ? but when i select name the person title auto populates and so does the relevant answers to the questions for example i choose John and the title should auto populate and question 1 should populate also and so on but if i pick adam then everything related to adam populates. Your help will be really appreciated The table look like this Name Title Qu...