size of window upon opening a spreadsheet

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

When I open my spreadsheet, sometimes it opens to a window that only shows the cells I want to see. Other times it opens showing those cells plus several rows and columns larger. Why does it not always show the area that was shown when it was last saved?
0
macnbibs

I'm not sure I have the 'absolute' answer because I experience the same sort
of thing once in a while � not just with Excel or Office, but a variety of
file types. However, the way it reputedly works is that the window size
retained should be whatever it was as of the last _saving of actual changes
made_ in the document. IOW, if you just open a file, resize the window, save
& close without "dirtying" the file the previous size is what is used the
next time you open the file. OTOH, if you at least type a space then
backspace (not Undo) before you save & close, the new size should hold when
you next open the file.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 3/6/10 1:48 PM, in article 59bb40ee.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"macnbibs@officeformac.com" <macnbibs@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel When
> I open my spreadsheet, sometimes it opens to a window that only shows the
> cells I want to see. Other times it opens showing those cells plus several
> rows and columns larger. Why does it not always show the area that was shown
> when it was last saved?

0
CyberTaz
3/6/2010 7:38:41 PM
I will watch to see if this helps, but I do not think I ever left the veiwing area larger and saved it. I think I always shrunk the viewing area back to what I wanted and then worked on the spreadsheet and saved before closing. I will watch to further assess this problem. Thanks. macnbibs
0
macnbibs

window is off screen
Had to look up some 2007 Tax filing stuff today. Back then this computer had two monitors. By default, the tax stuff was sent to the second monitor, it disappears off of the screen now and I cannot look at it. Multiple dragging attemps did not work, thought there was a "key sequence" or ?? to make all windows return to the main monitor?? With two monitors connected 'drag' the stuff on #2 back to #1 - then you can stop using #2 monitor. "Meebers" <Iwork@topposter.com> wrote in message news:e8C0apRzKHA.5288@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > ...

Users asked to enter Username / Password /Domain when opening outl
Just this morning, our users are being asked for their username / domain and password. When we eneter it in, the box reappearas after we eneter it again we get and error that the information store could not be opened. We are running Exchanage 5.5 with Windows 2000. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZg==?= <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:DD28037B-B6C8-4575-B0CC-F80C14991716@microsoft.com: > Just this morning, our users are being asked for their username / > domain and password. When we eneter it in, the box reappearas after we > eneter...

Format Issue of Windows Mail and M.S. Group
Hi: When clicking to open any mails including this site, MS Newsgroup, top right pane of 'X' part is not visible. In the past, I used 'Shove-It' program that was found on the web-site, priced $15 that corrected this issue. However, this program is no longer effective, thus it went back to the original format, .... not fully opening content of mail of right side of pane, although I can read any mails by using 'maximizing bvutton' to open in full. Any imputs on this, above would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, "Winter10" <Winter10No...

database takes too long to open
Hi, I have a customer that has a problem with his exchange server, the outlook users takes longer than usual to start opening their mailboxes, and when I open the mailbox store, it also takes longer than usual (about a minute or 2). I recently found out that the ExchangeAL was not finding a DC, becuase it was incorrecly configured on the RUS, I fixed that, I also made an offline defragmentation of the database and checked its integrity using isinteg, and everything is fine. I don´t know what maybe wrong with it, but it´s making the users upset that the outlooks takes so long t...

Trial Media to Open License.
Well, i just found out that open media was not ordered for a job we are doing now. So i have a question. I have read on a few different sites that you can download SBS2008 PREM. Trial and enter your open license key later to convert to a running server. I called MS and they could not confirm or deny that it works. They can't find anything that says it will not work, but in the same time they can not find anything that it will work. Any First Hand experience doing this? If it does work, any gotchas? NOTE: I did order the media, it just will not be here in time. AND th...

Windows Welcome Screen Login Looping Problem
Up until now no startup problems whatsoever with my system. Today, I press the start button and it boots fine to the Windows' Welcome Screen. When I click on my account icon (no password ever entered) it tries to login (I see my desktop for about 4-5 seconds) but it comes back to the same Windows' Welcome Screen after about 5-10 seconds. My significant other also has an account icon and when she tries to login from the welcome screen she can't get pass the screen either and gets the same 5-10 seconds looping problem that happens to me. System specs: Dell Deminsio...

keeping page, insert etc dropdowns open & having page below it
how can i keep the drop downs open & have the page below it. It was that way & I must have hit the wrong button or something.microsoft word 2007 "billy" <billy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91198FA1-A43C-4A00-9141-FB019528AC5B@microsoft.com... > how can i keep the drop downs open & have the page below it. It was that > way > & I must have hit the wrong button or something.microsoft word 2007 Ask in a discussion group for Word. Here's how to find it. http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/ In the...

Open 2003 files with 2007
Hello all, I just upgraded my Office 2003 with Office 2007 on an EP Pro machine. The only snaffoo I find(so far..) is with Excel 2007. When I double-click on an Excel 2003 file, Excel 2007 starts up just fine, BUT my file is not displayed. At that point if I click the Restore button up at top-right, the file appears when Excel is restored up or down, then all is well. Anyone have any idea whats up with that and how to fix it??? Thanks John Lots of people have complained that when they doubleclick on a file in windows explorer, that the workbook doesn't seem to show up in xl20...

Radio Button on opening the form
Hello: I have know how to open the form using command button, but now I want to use Radio Option button to open the form consists of: 1. Show all supplier invoices 2. Show only outstanding invoices 3. Show only paid invoices I have created 3 types of Form using 3 types of query, and now I want to open it by using radio button with the button OK and cancel to open the form. Is there any website providing the sample of Radio button to opent the form. I want to studdy how to write the VBA for that. Thanks in advance. Frank You sure you want the form to open when the radio button is sel...

how do I open excel workbook If i forget my workbook password
I made programm with a lot of formuals so I've put password on the workbook, because I did not wanted to earase formulas accidently,but now I can't open it because I forget the password. Thanks for help Hi search Google for 'Excel password remover' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "av8rart" <av8rart@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:D2443918-FEF4-41E6-92C4-9B19A293778A@microsoft.com... > I made programm with a lot of formuals so I've put password on the workbook, >...

How do I open or cancel "previous appointment"?
Using 2007 version, small vertical bar running down lhs side of calendar (just to right of times) for selected date, inside bar is written "previous appointment" , cannot open or delete, cannot insert new appointment in that time frame...anybody else hit this wall? Cannot be an appointment since never used this %$#(&^ programme before. Tnx r2p2 "r2p2" <r2p2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E0E9D6ED-09A3-4235-8B14-652FF43F430A@microsoft.com... > Using 2007 version, small vertical bar running down lhs side of calendar > (just...

Access violation in CDaoQueryDef::Open or CSimpleStringT::GetLength(). VC++ 6.0 app compiled in Visual C++ .NET
Hi, I have a problem using DAO in Visual C++ .net Standard edition. We have an old project created in Visual C++ 6.0 Professional. The projects compiles, links ok (with a lot of warnings telling the DAO-classes are deprecated). The compiled program executes ok until I am about to access the database. Some accesses goes ok, but some are not. It is always the same databse accesses that the program crashes on. The database that I'm using is Access 97. I also have tried converting it to 2000 and 2002. In this function the crash occurs in daocore.cpp: void CDaoQueryDef::Open(LPCTSTR lpszName...

outlook 2000 running under windows xp
Having recently received automatic updates for windows xp, outlook 2000 hangs on sending/receiving emails, is this a known problem ? I'm not aware of problems. Do you get any error messages? I'd try deleting the *.srs file. It's located at %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlo...

Can't open files
Hello -- I'm sure this isn't the proper place to post my problem, but thought I'd start here anyways. Let me start off by saying that I'm extremely computer-stupid, so please forgive my ignorance. I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate, and yahoo email. For some reason, I'm unable to open attachments that have been sent to me, and saved to my computer. PLEASE HLP!! These are important documents that I really need to access. Thanks for your help -- It's not very informative to say you are not able to open attachments. What happens when you try? Is ther...

Outlook 2003 unable to open mails or contacts
After upgrading from Office XP to Office 2003 I am not=20 bale to access any item in Outlook 2003.=20 The Error message which will be displayed if I try to open=20 a message is: Microsoft Office Outlook: Out of memory or system resources. Close sone windows or=20 programs and try again. Microsoft Office 2003 Professional is running on two=20 different operating systems: One is running XP professional,=20 The other is running Windows server 2003 enterprise=20 edition. Always the same result. If I reinstall Outlook from Office=20 XP Professional I am able to read all mails without any=20 fau...

Paging Size set up for sql 2005 best performance
erver windows 2003 sp1. 64 bits, Paging file size for selected drive C is (custom selected) Initial 2046 MB, and maximum 4092 MB. It is currently allocated 4081 MB. Computer RAM memory is 8GB. Server functions as a database MS SQL 2005 server, and it is used under heavy insert database operations The problem is that it can be seen on windows task manager there is on PF usage and Page File Usage hHstory around 8.2 GB paging file size not 4081 GB as it is given on virtual memory page set up. DoleBludger (DoleBludger@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > erver windows 200...

doc size limitations
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC why are doc sizes limited to printer settings? i like to do floor plans and can never do an entire floor, just room by room. if i shrink things to 1/4 of the original dimensions, zooming in just makes things less sharp. is there any way to enlarge my doc size that i'm not seeing and save it as a custom setting? <br><br>e.g., i want to do six rooms, including bath, in a 32'X28' area. i can work with these dimensions with in a 1:12 ratio, but i can't customize the paper size to, say, 35...

Mac problems opening excel files when connected to two windows shares

File Size #5
I have a file I have been creating recently in Excel and the size of the file is just HUGE. It has about 10 tabs currently and it is about 3.6MB in size. I have also seen another excel file created by someone else that has 28 tabs (both files are training logs so the amount of data in his worksheets seems to be similar) but his file is only about 1.2MB in size. Are there any tips or tricks to reducing the size of a file? Thanks Jeff Hi Jeff! Here's a few tips. Others will no doubt add more. Delete unused rows and columns after the end of your data. Excel doesn't necessa...

Opens to Personel Folder by default...How to Change?
I cant seem to find a setting anywhere that will let me change Outlook 2003 to open right up to the Inbox. It keeps going to the Personel Folder....Even right after a clean install....Anyone I know that uses Outlook never had to set anything and it always went straight to the Inbox. Any one know how to change this?? THANKS! Darren, Outlook toolbar: Tools/Options/Further/extended options/Folder with program start Do you search this setting? -- Oliver Vukovics Outlook Network without exchange: Public OutLook Share your Outlook PST with several users! http://www.outlookstore.com &...

What is this window type ?
Hi there, I couldn't find any info on google about this because I don't even know how you call that type of window. It's pretty basic, I have my active window and I want to use a second window but still be able to use the first one. When I create a dialog using the DoModal() I can't give control back to my main window... Can someone maybe only point out the type of window it is so I can check some info on the net how to use them ? Thanks, Max. Maxime Savard wrote: > Hi there, > > I couldn't find any info on google about this because I don't ...

sbs 2003 with windows 7 ultimate 64bit
Hi Is it possible to connect a Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit client pc with sbs 2003 standard (not R2)? Any caveats? Thanks Regards This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0152_01CB1470.62DB6830 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable yes it's possible http://blogs.technet.com/b/sbs/archive/2009/05/14/installing-windows-7-in= -a-sbs-2003-environment.aspx?wwparam=3D1277490172 --=20 Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP] (since 1997) Co-Contributor, Windows Small Business Server 2008 Unleashe...

partitionsize windows 7
I looked into the HD (500GB) of my new Dell Inspiron with windows 7 home premium 64bits and found that there was only one volume C: with primary partition of 456 Gb and a recovery partition of 15 GB. As I like to make an other partion for a 2nd OS , surely I can decrease the c: partion of Windows 7? So what is the minimum size for that partition? regards __________ Informatie van ESET NOD32 Antivirus, versie van database viruskenmerken 4667 (20091207) __________ Het bericht is gecontroleerd door ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com The minimum size is what...