Repeatedly Re-Specifying Sorting Parameters

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

0
Uncle_Fink

Feel better now?  :-)

You are up against some performance limitations of Excel 2008.  Excel 2008
does not have all the functions Excel 2004 had, and your specific
application could use some of them.

Have a careful look at Excel 2011 when it comes out.  TEST it before you pay
for it :-)

I am expecting that you will be able to build a web query that will
automatically update that sheet, and store the sort criteria so it will sort
automatically.

Hope this helps

On 7/05/10 1:39 AM, in article 59bb8116.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"Uncle_Fink@officeformac.com" <Uncle_Fink@officeformac.com> wrote:

> I have a spreadsheet that has to be updated 2 or 3 times a week.  Technically
> the information is updated daily, but as the information from the Web doesn't
> have specific addresses I have to manually update a 1,200+ line spreadsheet by
> hand. This takes a couple of hours each time.
>
> The most important update is a Date.  This may be anywhere from a day or two
> in the future to several weeks or months.  This is also the first key
> everything is sorted on.  It's in Column E.  The second key is an alphabetic
> code in Column B.  This key never changes.  Other figures are updated as
> necessary as well.  As each line is updated it is made bold and the next line
> is checked.
>
> After a while, normally after a page worth of lines are checked, the Bold rows
> are sorted.  It's a nice little break.  The rows from the Topmost Bold to the
> last Bold are sorted.  Sort by Column E then B; No Header Rows.  Save then
> continue updating�
>
> Eventually I'm going have dozens of Bold rows finished and ready to be moved
> into their final position.  So by Cutting & Inserting they are moved into an
> area where others with their date are waiting.  This area can have anywhere
> from a couple of Bold rows to nearly 60 Bold rows and higher.  They are then
> sorted once more.   No Header Rows.  EVER.  Eventually the Bold rows are
> changed back to normal text, but that�s irrelevant here.
>
> Sorting only the columns needed is fast, but I have to keep re-specifying Sort
> by Column E then B; No Header Rows.  Each and every time: Sort by Column E
> then B; No Header Rows.
>
> After a while I gave up and started highlighted all the Rows to be sorted
> instead of just highlighting them.  It takes Excel a few seconds accept All
> the columns, from Column A to Column AB and beyond are to be sorted.  But it
> is a Whole Lot Faster than repeatedly re-specifying Sort by Column E then B;
> No Header Row.  Again and again: Sort by Column E then B; No Header Row�.
>
> At times I want to hold somebody by the throat ten feet above the ground, I
> don�t want Header Rows, EVER!  Once I specify how I want something to be
> sorted I never want it to change!  And what is sometimes make me want to take
> an axe to somebody is suddenly, after 6 or so successful times Sorting I have
> to do it all over again!  The last time I sorted I didn�t have to re-specify,
> now I do?  What gives?
>
> Seriously: If Excel remembers the values for the last 7 sorts why can�t it
> remember Now?
>
> If it sorted rows 24 to 69, then 105 to 141, then 250 to 312 and a half a
> dozen other areas, each time remembering the previous sorting values, then why
> can�t it suddenly remember the very same values for rows 1,024 to 1,103?
>
> What gives?

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd

John
5/8/2010 12:28:28 AM
Couldn't you just make an Option that specifies No Header Rows... <br>
0
Uncle_Fink
5/11/2010 1:34:29 AM
No.  I don�t work for Microsoft...

I suspect Excel 2011 will enable you to achieve your requirement, using VBA.

Cheers

On 11/05/10 11:34 AM, in article 59bb8116.1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"Uncle_Fink@officeformac.com" <Uncle_Fink@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Couldn't you just make an Option that specifies No Header Rows...
> ....and Sticks To It?
>
> The top two thirds are rows that are awaiting updating.
> The bottom third are Current Rows that many calculations are worked from.
> Eventually they expire and are placed at the bottom of the main, waiting rows.
>
> The automatic sort you mentioned wouldn't work.  The Current Rows are
> separated by empty rows by dates to keep them easier to track.  About a dozen
> expired today with about another dozen expiring tomorrow.  Wednesday has - at
> last count - 63 expiring.
>
> It would be very nice if a Row is made current and is automatically sent to
> where others with its same date are stored.  It just isn't practical.
>
> Give me the No Header Row Option.

matters unless you intend to pay!

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
Sydney, Australia. | Ph: +61 (0)4 1209 1410
+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name

0
John_McGhie_
5/13/2010 5:58:38 AM
It sounds like you're a prime candidate for the use of a relational database
app that indexes records automatically. Excel just isn't designed for that
type of operation. As John suggests, it would require the use of VBA even if
it is possible.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 5/10/10 9:34 PM, in article 59bb8116.1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"Uncle_Fink@officeformac.com" <Uncle_Fink@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Couldn't you just make an Option that specifies No Header Rows...
> ....and Sticks To It?
>
> The top two thirds are rows that are awaiting updating.
> The bottom third are Current Rows that many calculations are worked from.
> Eventually they expire and are placed at the bottom of the main, waiting rows.
>
> The automatic sort you mentioned wouldn't work.  The Current Rows are
> separated by empty rows by dates to keep them easier to track.  About a dozen
> expired today with about another dozen expiring tomorrow.  Wednesday has - at
> last count - 63 expiring.
>
> It would be very nice if a Row is made current and is automatically sent to
> where others with its same date are stored.  It just isn't practical.
>
> Give me the No Header Row Option.

0
CyberTaz
5/13/2010 11:01:39 AM
For a Relational Database get FileMaker Pro. Its the best at that job.

--
Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T.        "If it's Fixed, Don't Break it"
http://www.phillipmjones.net        mailto:pjones1@kimbanet.com

Mmmm...  He doesn't need that much...

I agree with Bob, VBA in Office 2011 will do this easily.

FileMaker is overkill for this.

Cheers

On 13/05/10 11:44 PM, in article uF2BsJq8KHA.420@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl,
"Phillip Jones, C.E.T." <pjones1@kimbanet.com> wrote:

> For a Relational Database get FileMaker Pro. Its the best at that job.
>
> CyberTaz wrote:
>> It sounds like you're a prime candidate for the use of a relational database
>> app that indexes records automatically. Excel just isn't designed for that
>> type of operation. As John suggests, it would require the use of VBA even if
>> it is possible.
>>
>> Regards |:>)
>> Bob Jones
>> [MVP] Office:Mac
>>

>> On 5/10/10 9:34 PM, in article 59bb8116.1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
>> "Uncle_Fink@officeformac.com"<Uncle_Fink@officeformac.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> Couldn't you just make an Option that specifies No Header Rows...
>>> ....and Sticks To It?
>>>
>>> The top two thirds are rows that are awaiting updating.
>>> The bottom third are Current Rows that many calculations are worked from.
>>> Eventually they expire and are placed at the bottom of the main, waiting
>>> rows.
>>>
>>> The automatic sort you mentioned wouldn't work.  The Current Rows are
>>> separated by empty rows by dates to keep them easier to track.  About a
>>> dozen
>>> expired today with about another dozen expiring tomorrow.  Wednesday has -
>>> at
>>> last count - 63 expiring.
>>>
>>> It would be very nice if a Row is made current and is automatically sent to
>>> where others with its same date are stored.  It just isn't practical.
>>>
>>> Give me the No Header Row Option.

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd

John_McGhie_
5/14/2010 10:44:51 AM
But Office 2011 won't be available  well .... to at least 2011 may be
even 2012.

--
Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T.        "If it's Fixed, Don't Break it"
http://www.phillipmjones.net        mailto:pjones1@kimbanet.com
0
Phillip
5/15/2010 2:02:32 AM
Balderdash, Phillip :-)

Microsoft has already announced "Holidays 2010" as the time frame for the
release of Office 2011. Being a 'Marketing-Driven' corporation that schedule
*will* be met, even if it means shipping product which isn't fit for human
consumption... As was the case with Office 2008, Office 2002 on the PC & the
Windows Vista OS, just to name a few.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 5/14/10 10:02 PM, in article O6MBwK98KHA.5848@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl,
"Phillip Jones, C.E.T." <pjones1@kimbanet.com> wrote:

> But Office 2011 won't be available  well .... to at least 2011 may be
> even 2012.
>
> John_McGhie_[MVP]@officeformac.com wrote:
>> Phillip:
>>
>> Mmmm...  He doesn't need that much...
>>
>> I agree with Bob, VBA in Office 2011 will do this easily.
>>
>> FileMaker is overkill for this.
>>
>> Cheers
>>

>> On 13/05/10 11:44 PM, in article uF2BsJq8KHA.420@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl,
>> "Phillip Jones, C.E.T."<pjones1@kimbanet.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> For a Relational Database get FileMaker Pro. Its the best at that job.

>>   --
>>
>> The email below is my business email -- Please do not email me about forum
>> matters unless I ask you to; or unless you intend to pay!
>>
>> John McGhie, Microsoft MVP (Word, Mac Word), Consultant Technical Writer,
>> McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
>> Sydney, Australia. | Ph: +61 (0)4 1209 1410 | mailto:john@mcghie.name

0
CyberTaz
5/15/2010 12:42:50 PM
god, I hope not. I'd rather have one that its in working that one that's
rushed out the door. we don't need another 2008.  I  didn't update to
Office X  but each version from Word 6/Excel 5 /Office 4.2 up were
definite improvement  Though I liked W6/E6 the best of all of them.
Format painter as it is in 2008,  was not in any other version (that I
could find) except W6/E5/Office4.2. Mail merge though made it debut in
word6 didn't work.

CyberTaz wrote:
> Balderdash, Phillip :-)
>
> Microsoft has already announced "Holidays 2010" as the time frame for the
> release of Office 2011. Being a 'Marketing-Driven' corporation that schedule
> *will* be met, even if it means shipping product which isn't fit for human
> consumption... As was the case with Office 2008, Office 2002 on the PC&  the
> Windows Vista OS, just to name a few.
>
> Regards |:>)
> Bob Jones
> [MVP] Office:Mac
>

> On 5/14/10 10:02 PM, in article O6MBwK98KHA.5848@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl,
> "Phillip Jones, C.E.T."<pjones1@kimbanet.com>  wrote:
>
>> But Office 2011 won't be available  well .... to at least 2011 may be
>> even 2012.
>>
>> John_McGhie_[MVP]@officeformac.com wrote:
>>> Phillip:
>>>
>>> Mmmm...  He doesn't need that much...
>>>
>>> I agree with Bob, VBA in Office 2011 will do this easily.
>>>
>>> FileMaker is overkill for this.
>>>
>>> Cheers

>>>    --
>>>
>>> The email below is my business email -- Please do not email me about forum
>>> matters unless I ask you to; or unless you intend to pay!
>>>
>>> John McGhie, Microsoft MVP (Word, Mac Word), Consultant Technical Writer,
>>> McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
>>> Sydney, Australia. | Ph: +61 (0)4 1209 1410 | mailto:john@mcghie.name

--
Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T.        "If it's Fixed, Don't Break it"
http://www.phillipmjones.net        mailto:pjones1@kimbanet.com
0
Phillip
5/15/2010 9:53:01 PM
> Microsoft has already announced &quot;Holidays 2010&quot; as the time frame for the <br>
> release of Office 2011. Being a 'Marketing-Driven' corporation that schedule <br>
> *will* be met, even if it means shipping product which isn't fit for human <br>
> consumption... As was the case with Office 2008, Office 2002 on the PC &amp; the <br>
> Windows Vista OS, just to name a few. <br>
> Regards |:>) <br>
> Bob Jones  <br>
> [MVP] Office:Mac <br>
> On 5/14/10 10:02 PM, in article O6MBwK98KHA.5848@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl, <br>
> &quot;Phillip Jones, C.E.T.&quot;  wrote: <br>
> > But Office 2011 won't be available  well .... to at least 2011 may be <br>
> > even 2012. <br>
> > John_McGhie_[MVP]@officeformac.com wrote: <br>
> >> Phillip: <br>
> >> Mmmm...  He doesn't need that much... <br>
> >> I agree with Bob, VBA in Office 2011 will do this easily. <br>
> >> FileMaker is overkill for this. <br>
> >> Cheers <br>
> >> On 13/05/10 11:44 PM, in article uF2BsJq8KHA.420@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl, <br>
> >> &quot;Phillip Jones, C.E.T.&quot;  wrote: <br>
> >>   -- <br>
> >> The email below is my business email -- Please do not email me about forum <br>
> >> matters unless I ask you to; or unless you intend to pay! <br>
> >> John McGhie, Microsoft MVP (Word, Mac Word), Consultant Technical Writer, <br>
> >> McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd <br>
> >> Sydney, Australia. | Ph: +61 (0)4 1209 1410 | mailto:john@mcghie.name <br>

0
pjonesCET
5/16/2010 7:13:04 PM
the schedule of past updates fo Office products on the mac were: <br>
2008 <br>
2004 Okay these only lagged by a year PC development <br>
then there was <br>
&nbsp;X <br>
Office 4.2. (word 6/Excel5) put out in 1995 <br>
0
pjonesCET
5/17/2010 4:24:01 PM
Hi Phillip:

On 18/05/10 2:24 AM, in article 59bb8116.14@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"pjonesCET@officeformac.com" <pjonesCET@officeformac.com> wrote:

> In any event. I ask the question agin then I will drop the subject altogether.
> Does this fellow have the option of waiting 5-6 months for his project?

He does not have any OTHER option.

He is going to have to wait for VBA to come back in Office 2011, and then he
is going to have to write a tricky little function to automatically sort his
sheets for him.

The function he would need is not simple: it will take him a while to code
it.  I wouldn't try, I would set the sheet up so it doesn't need sorting to
work.

There's no way he is going to get a "persistent no header row" setting.  He
will get VBA back, so he can code around it if he has real stamina.  But
he's not going to get his header-less sort.

Cheers

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd

John_McGhie_

After Closing a Personal Folder, How do you Re-Open it?
My boss closed a personal folder and we can't see it now to re-open it? Any one got any ideas? Thanks File > Open... -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Tom Storm" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2d2401c49b4a$9ce3da80$a501280a@phx.gbl... > My boss closed a personal folder and we can't see it now > to re-open it? Any one got any ideas? > > Thanks ...

Re: o many mails in our out queue with out source Address
HI My exchange server is is having all the setting as you said still i am getting these messages. Recently i have removed few user because they left the oraganasiton, and they use to get so many Junk-E-mails do u think because of these e-mail's coming. pls if u have any ide pls let me know. Thanks Shaikh Hello Shaikh If you just want to delete those message, you can select them in "Queues" tab inside "Internet Mail service" properties and click "Delete" button. You can consider going to "Internet Mail" tab inside IMC and click Advanced but...

F4 Repeat Default Restate
Currently to disable the F4 key we use the code Application.OnKey "{F4}", "" To set the default back for F4 should be Application.OnKey "{F4}" The problem with this is that before disabling the F4 key this is used for the "Repeat" the previous action. When we reset the default this does not get set back. Can anyone direct me on this. JJ ...

same messages downloaded repeatedly
I have 37 messages that somehow, every time Outlook does a Send/Receive, get downloaded to my Inbox. I've tried deleting them and emptying the deleted items folder but that doesn't help. All the rest of my messages are fine, but these 37 I get EVERY TIME Outlook does an S/R. Any suggestions? ...

rpc server not available by re-associating mailbox account
hi i have an exchange 2003 in a windows 2003 child domain. we have a branch office, it had windows NT4 and now it was upgraded from NT to windows 2003 als child domain in our forest (now trust between our domains) Before this,we create account and mailbox for people of this domain in our Domain (no trust betwen us) in order to use Exchange (dual account ,one by us to have an mailbxo with it and one local in their domain) Now i dont need anymore to have this and i want to associate the local AD-account instead of the account we created in our domain with the mailbox. so i thougt follow...

This delegate takes ParameterizedThreadStart takes an object but can be called wirhout parameter
Hi! The delegate ParameterizedThreadStart is declared as taking one parameter of type object and returning void like this public delegate void ParameterizedThreadStart(Object obj) So according to the delegate the method signature should be void ParameterizedThreadStart(Object obj) In this example when I use the method ThreadWorkWithParam which is based on the delegete ParameterizedThreadStart and look like this private static void ThreadWorkWithParam(object param) { .. . . } I call the method ThreadWorkWithParam without passing a argument I just call is like this t1.Start...

grouping cells to sort by only one column
Hi, New to this so please bear with me. I have a spread sheet where I am listing names in column A and othe info relating to that name in columns B and C in the two rows below th name. I then start a different name in the next row down with the info in t two rows below that, and so forth. I want to be able to add more names in the future and be able to sor all of this by column A only. The problem I am having is the info i the other columns moves. I need it to somehow attatch and stay put wit it's corisponding name without moving. In other words how do I make everything from A1 to ...

Merge & Sort Dynamic Lists w/ Data Validation
First off, let me say thanks to the Excel Usenet community that has helped me over and over through these newsgroups. You are phenomenal. Question 1: I need to create a BOTH box that will dynamically pull names from both the "Chicago Office" & "Seattle Office" columns in my sheet. It is extremely preferable to do this without VB Script if possible to avoid the security warnings on opening the sheet. (Our IT department will not budge on this..) Detail: I have two lists of employees. Column A lists the Chicago Office employees. Column B lists the Seattle Office employee...

2 existing spreadsheets show 1st line rather than header row to sort ...
(XL2003) This is odd, I haven't seen this ever before. I was working on spreadsheets yesterday for a mail merge. Two had headers rows. I cleaned up both documents, put print area and then tried to sort. In both cases, what came up in the sort was the first row below the header where one always sees the actual titles of the header row when one selects the Header Row radio button under "My List Has" in the "Sort" box. I fiddled and fiddled a bit and managed to get one of the workbooks to display the sort properly by the header row titles - without figuring out what ...

How to specify DSaccess in exchange server 2003 ?
Here we have 3 DC in the domain. I want to configurate my exchange 2003 to always access DC1, any body knows how to set it ? Thanks. Hi, when you go to the properties of the Exchange Server in Exchange System Manager, you can access the Directory Access Tab. You will see all servers listed there, you cannot uncheck the automatically discover. But if you select next to Show the Configuration Domain Controller, or any other item in the list, you can manually set your preferred server. But, be careful if you specify one specific DC, he won't fall back to another one if this one fail...

Re: Front-end question
If i have 2 front-end and one crash, the other will function properly? or i must modify something? i must change the server (on clients) where all clients points? "Mark Arnold [MVP]" <mark@mvps.org> wrote in message news:oihld0ha1q9jacg65p4vjo3g7j2mmo5eq0@4ax.com... > "MMC" <ryuken_26@yahoo.it> wrote: > > >I don't understand very well, how FE server function.... > >Just download "Using Exchange 2000 Server and Exchange Server 2003 Front-End > >Servers"but i don't understand how FE and BE comunicate in a multiple server...

Why Excel 2007 not responding after saving
I have reinstalled Excel 2007 (Office Home & Student) but it is worse. Now having problems even opening files. If I click on a cell it pauses for ages and then says it is not responding. Try looking for help here: http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=ph;en-gb;8753#tab3 "Xandersmum" wrote: > I have reinstalled Excel 2007 (Office Home & Student) but it is worse. Now > having problems even opening files. If I click on a cell it pauses for ages > and then says it is not responding. ...

re-post of .stm problem (unable to resolve)
Thanks all. No luck yet. It turns out tape back up had a defective tape so no luck getting a back up copy. As to suggestion below, here is what I am doing: 1. at dos prompt, go to \progra~1\exchsrvr\bin 2. type in: eseutil /p c:\progra~1\exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv1.edb /createstm Doesn't run and message is: Usage error: Invalid option '/createstm'. I must be making a mistake somewhere? Any help is appreciated. btw, this is exchange 2000 Dan > >> danno <danno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >> > >> >somehow our priv1.stm file got del...

Alphabetical Sorting
How can I sort a group of names alphabetically in a text box? Publisher doesn't have the capability to sort. You could create a table in Word, sort the names, then copy paste into Publisher. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "skw" <skw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7FB148DD-FA30-4DDC-B4A8-2D1F2438AED1@microsoft.com... > How can I sort a group of names alphabetically in a text box? ...

Parameter query in Access 2003 report
I want to create a parameter query that asks the user to select one, many, or all values from a field when opening a report. I would like the selection to be available from a list, radio box, or pull down menu to minimize spelling errors, etc. Unfortunately the list is of names which number about 100. Can this be done? If so, could someone please point me to the help pages that describe this process? My solution seems clunky but it is the only way I can see how to do it. Any suggestions as to how else might I best approach this? Thanks in advance Debbie See my sample database that shows ...

Can I remove blanks from a range without using sort?
I have a range of cells A1:a10, say, which obtain data from another source. Some of those cells a3, a6:a8, say, under certain conditions, will be blank. How do I reorder this range such that the cells containing information are listed together, removing the blanks? I want to do this using a formula, rather than filter or sort, as the data, and hence the blank cells, will change, and I want to perform analysis on the cells containing data. this is from one of the newsgroup correspondents use this code statement Range("a1:a10").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks).EntireRow.Del...

Outlook 2000 opens repeatedly
Outlook 2000 on Win98. When opened, it keeps opening over and over until there are 12 or more open on the desktop. Then it won't close. HELP! Anybody out there have an answer besides check for viruses and spyware? ...

Retrieving (re-importing) .pst archive files in Outlook 2000
Can anyone tell me how to import .pst archive files in Outlook 2000? I have tried Import from another program or file/Personal Folder File (.pst)/File to import/Browse => C:Documents and Settings/User(My name)/Application data/Microsoft/Outlook ... and can't see any .pst files. In Windows Explorer, a search in the same location (i.e C:Documents and Settings/User(My name)/Application data/Microsoft/Outlook) reveals .FAV, .LOG, .DAT and other files, but none of my .pst archive files. I have ensured that "Show hidden files and folders" is switched on in Tools/Folder...

How do I Change the Column Names (Re-Name A -
I want to Change the Column Headings from letters to actual names. How do I do that? hi this can not be done. excel needs these to find/remember where everthing is on the spreadsheet grid. you can change the letters to numbers but that is it. on the 2003 menu bar... tools>options>general tab. check R1C1 reference style. or you can get rid of the letters all togeather. on the 2003 menu bar.... tools>options>view tab>uncheck row & column headers. but they are still there, just not visible. usually when someone want to wants to get rid of the column header letters, they u...

The system cannot find the file specified
I am receiving this error in Outlook 2003 when attempting to open Word attachments. I have tried deleting all temporary internet files and all files in the OKLE temp folder and the problem was corrected - for about five minutes! If I open the attachment a second time, it opens no problem. The error is popping up sporadically on our users machines. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated! Have you cleared the IE cache? Tools --> Internet Options --> Delete Files. -- Rodney Buike MVP Windows Server - Directory Services http://thelazyadmin.com "Natalie Lewi...

Photos not moving with rows when sorted!
Excel 2000. A worksheet with names of people, and various data about them. Each row is a record--the person's first name, last name, and various data, each column is a field. One column is labeled "Photo", and has a small photo of the person in it. I notice that when I sort the rows, by data in one of the columns, such as "first name", "last name", etc., the photos do not sort correctly with their rows. Why? Do photos just remember their place on the page, their cell position (E7 or whatever), and not the row they are in, are not considered part of the row...

pass parameters back from C/C++ to JScript
Hi, all I import Microsoft Webbrowser Control to my VC6 MFC project and customize the web browser with my own doc handler. The following is the implemenation: ICustomDoc * pCustdoc; m_WebBrowser.GetDocument()->QueryInterface(&pCustdoc); // m_WebBrowser is an instance of Microsoft Webbrowser Control if (pCustdoc) { pCustdoc->SetUIHandler(m_pDocHandler); // m_pDocHandler is my doc handler for the web browser. pCustdoc->Release(); } Then I can call C/C++ functions from web page JScript, such as: external.MyFunc("abcdef"). In this way, I can pass parameters fr...

Sorting messages by sender
I've recently changed from using Outlook 2003 on an old Celeron PC running Win 2k, to a new P4 machine with XP. On the old set-up, I could click on the 'From' column header to sort messages in a mail folder by sender, then start typing the name of the sender to quickly take me to the messages from that person. This was very useful and I used this feature regularly, although it only seemed to work for the first three characters of the name, the fourth character entered would then take the cursor to the first instance of a name beginning with this letter. This was fine as the firs...

Re: Server address
When i set up my server account i put yahoo.com and i have Verizon for my internet provider. I can't send my resume from yahoo cause i get an error message. You can't access Yahoo POP3 accounts unless you have the Plus account. -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "Donna Lomagro" <purpletulips65@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ucQmttlvKHA.5812@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > When i set up my server account i put yahoo.com and i have Verizon for my > internet provider. I can't send my resume fr...

Re: Attn LoriM