Problem with Links over shared Windows 2003 folders

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

0
wesley

> We've recently taken the plunge and decided to purchase a MacBook Pro.  <br>
> The problem we are having is with an excel file where it obtains information from a number of other workbooks located in different folders in the share.  <br>
> The file in question is an .xlsx file and is linked to a number of other .xlsx files and .xls files. When initially opened it asks to update the links as it cant find them on the server. When I attempt to update them by navigating to the file, the ones that are .xlsx files are greyed out and cannot be selected but the .xls files can be selected and updated. <br>
> I would really appreciate any assistance any one can give on this matter.
0
wesley
12/11/2009 1:05:16 PM
This is unlikely to work while you are linking to a mixture of file formats.

I would test by creating the sheet and all its links as .xlsx, and again as
..xls.

If all the files are in the same format, you have a higher chance of this
working.  If they are all in the latest format, you improve your chances
further :-)

Make sure Excel has the very latest updates from Microsoft at both ends.

Cheers

On 12/12/09 12:05 AM, in article 59bae879.0@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"wesley@officeformac.com" <wesley@officeformac.com> wrote:

>> We've recently taken the plunge and decided to purchase a MacBook Pro.
>>
>> The problem we are having is with an excel file where it obtains information
>> from a number of other workbooks located in different folders in the share.
>>
>> The file in question is an .xlsx file and is linked to a number of other
>> .xlsx files and .xls files. When initially opened it asks to update the links
>> as it cant find them on the server. When I attempt to update them by
>> navigating to the file, the ones that are .xlsx files are greyed out and
>> cannot be selected but the .xls files can be selected and updated.
>>
>> I would really appreciate any assistance any one can give on this matter.

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
Sydney, Australia. | Ph: +61 (0)4 1209 1410
+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name

0
John

Problems with Public Folders replication
Hi guys, Some problems here. We have decided to install Exchange server 2003 SP1 on a new hardware with W2k3 SP1 on a new DC (yes, I know it is a bad practice, but...) instead of old Exchange server 2003 SP1 on an old DC on an old hardware. New one (additional) DC was brought live (with some minor problems, DNS, time, as always) without FSMO delegation (for now). Replication of users' accounts was smooth. Logs clear. After Exchange 2003 SP1 installation (with some DNS manipulations) also all was Ok. Dcdiag Ok. In ESM all Exchange servers are visible (old and new). So I have started ...

Want to add new folder to all existing mailboxes
Hello, I'm trying to find a way to add a "junk mail" folder to every mailbox in my site without having to log into each one manually. any ideas thank e "Eric" <ehansen@aruplab.nospam.com> wrote: >Hello, I'm trying to find a way to add a "junk mail" folder to every mailbox in my site without having to log into each one manually. any ideas? >thanks >e Well, if you've got an anti virus or anti spam product that's Exchange integrated then the package will generate them automatically. If you haven't, then deply Outlook 2003. If y...

multiple Domain name delivery problem

Exchange update problem

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

docmd.transfertext problem

SQL deadlock problem

Auto delete windows mail?
I'm using Windows mail with Vista. My junk folder has auto emptied twice in the last two months. I can't figure out why. Any help out there? -- marty "srmarty" <srmarty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D87CB396-6251-45C3-BC9A-DF77952EC095@microsoft.com... > I'm using Windows mail with Vista. My junk folder has auto emptied twice > in > the last two months. I can't figure out why. Any help out there? > -- > marty Tools>options>advanced tab>maintenance button. -- Regards Steve. MS-MVP. MAIL. ...

windows messenger 09-24-06
have a friend's contact card popping up at any time saying they want to be added to my list. this was done a long time ago but the message keeps coming up at various times when i'm on the computer. how can i stop this?> Shirley, this is a CRM newsgroup, you may get a better response if you post in XP General group http://www.microsoft.com/smallbusiness/community/newsgroups/dgbrowser/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general&lang=en&cr=US&r=c10a5834-ccef-4e84-9c45-1e43e21770ed "shirley" wrote: > have a friend's contact card popping up ...

Take a look at security pack for MS Windows
--yibeujjlfx Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="vyjaaasi"; type="multipart/alternative" --vyjaaasi Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="mxqquhmmrnwjoq" --mxqquhmmrnwjoq Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to protect your...

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Windows Office 2000 installer tries to execute everytime I compose or respond to a message
In OWA, Every time I try to compose or respond to a message, the Windows Office 2000 installer tries to execute and asks for the CD. Unfortunately, this Office 2000 problem has come up again even after all the updates to Office 2000. Also I am having trouble logging out. When I hit the logoff button, it brings up a sign-in screen asking for ID & password again. Whether I cancel it or fill it in and type OK, it then gives me a screen that says "access denied". I never get a screen which says that logout was successful. I have the same problem here... From what I've s...

sharing of folders

Outlook 2003

Addressing within Exchange 2003

Office 2003, Outlook (Outlook Today)...