Pivot Table Field Header

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: Intel

Hello, <br>
I'd like to find out if there's a way to HIDE the FIELD HEADERS from Pivot Tables. <br>
I can't find it in the Pivot Table Options which seems like the place it would be found. <br><br>Thanks in advance.
0
sayaka

How do I increase query field length (>20 characters) ?
I want to exclude 3 or 4 variables from a particular query. Using Not "xx"or"yy" is fine, but when excluding more than this, query fails. I think the problem is that the total text characters is quite large (approx 60 characters in total, from four exclusions). Ideas, please ? 60 characters is not the limit. 1024 characters is the limit. POST the SQL of the query that is not working (View: SQL on the menu) or at a minimum post what you are attempting as the criteria. Also "query fails" does not tell us if you get an error (what is it) or the wrong resul...

Changing a text field to a date field
Hi I know this is a problem for lots of people but I still cant find an answer. I have imported a text file into excel with a number field that displays credit card expiry dates as a 4 digit number. example 0408 so month + year. I have converted the number field to a text field so it doesnt drop off the first zero and now I need to convert it to a date field. Any nice easy simple ideas. Any help would be much appreaciated. Or direction to a question the same. Perhaps =DATE(100+RIGHT(A1,2),LEFT(A1,2),1) format as date -- daddylonglegs --------------------------------------------...

my brain not comprehending the yes/no field
I have a db that enters orders. The "product" (insurance plan) has one price but 20 different "attributes" in any combo of one choice to many (plan types like medical, dental etc...) and with one "price" (premium). The plan types must show up on one line in a report with one price (they are not deliminated per plan type). The easiest way for personnel to enter all the plan types would be yes/no check boxes on the input form. My problem is I can't figure out how to make those "yes"es equal the plan name in the report! I know, it's proba...

Pivot Table
I've this problem, when I drag the fields into the "Data" area, it will show as "Count of Q1 Results". But what I actually want is "Sum of Q1 Results". I would have to manually go to field setting and reconfigure from count to sum. It happens for all the fields I drag into the "Data" area. Is there any way around this? Thanks. If there are blank cells, or cells with text, in the column, Excel will default to the Count function when the field is added to the data area. If the column contains only numbers, it should default to Sum. Derrick wr...

How to paste a cells row from Excel to a PowerPoint 2003 Table row?
Hello! How to paste a row of cells from Excel to a PowerPoint 2003 Table row? PowerPoint 2003 pastes all the row cells values in every cell in the row in the PowerPoint table if I select the row in the PP table before the pasting. PP pastes the row as an overlapping column if I place cursor in the first cell of the target row before pasting. Best regards, Dima +7 9163876746 +7 9035093892 ...

Create Pivot Table Reports
I just finished installing Analysis Cube on the server, everything seemed working fine until when I try to create the Pivot Table Report (Tools->Analysis Cubes->Create Pivot Table Reprots). After I called up the pre-defined 'Definition ID' and click on the Excel icon, a message popped up saying " The WHTemplate.XLT file was not found." Anybody have any idea what that is, and how to resolve it?? Thanks. 1.) There are two pieces of software. Did you install both the server piece, and the client piece? 2.) Is Excel installed on the machine, on which you'r...

Attachment Header
How do I print the attachment line under subject? Which version of outlook? What is the message format? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ Vote for your favorite Outlook and Exchange utilities in the Slipstick Ratings Raffle at http://www.slipstick.co...

Importing a table from Access query
What is the quickest and easiest way to do the above? Thanks in advance. Hi The way I usually do this is run the select query, click on the top-right box (which selects all records) and use Ctrl+C to copy and Ctrl+V to paste into my workbook. An alternative is to right-click on the query in the Database Window and left-click on Export. In the Save As dialog box, select ..xls type. -- Andy. "Trish" <Trish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6BF3DE22-6590-4CAD-9EE1-FC978A3BB63B@microsoft.com... > What is the quickest and easiest way to do the above? >...

I would like to export the data from a drop-down list to a table
I have a form with several drop-down lists, I need to have the information in these lists in another document/spread sheet. Is there an easy way to copy the data in these lists to another location? The long way would be to re-type all of it. ...

Set Left and Right Margins in Headers and Footers
How do I set the left and right margins in headers and footers in Excel Select, File, Page Setup and the Margins tab. Bob Flanagan Macro Systems http://www.add-ins.com Productivity add-ins and downloadable books on VB macros for Excel "Simon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FAD168AF-D83F-418A-8A72-4C0C28E8A192@microsoft.com... > How do I set the left and right margins in headers and footers in Excel Thank you for your response While I can see that this sets the Vertical position (Top and Bottom) of the headers and footers it does not set the...

Write conflict error with ODBC link table
Hi, I have migrate my back end access tables to SQL Server. While editing data (ODBC link) from form, I receive Wirte conflict error 'The record has been changed by other user... Copying the change to the clipboard...'. The error allow me either copy the info to clipboard or drop change. In this case, how can I save my work to the table here? SF � "SF" <xyz@online.com.kh> ������ ��� ������ news:#F7F7OtcIHA.5160@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have migrate my back end access tables to SQL Server. While editing data > (ODBC link) from form, I...

How to Clear the AutoDetect Cache for the To: field
HI, When sending a message in Outlook, one begins to type the destination address in the To: field. Generally speaking if one has sent email to this address in the past then Outlook will auto detect and provide a suggested list of reciepients (know what I'm talking about???). Anyway, I know this feature can be disabled so one is never provided with a list of possible receipients but does anyone know how to clear this cache???? Thanks Remove individual addresses from the autocompletion cache by highlighting the entry when presented in the suggested names list (use your arrow key ...

Can I reference a filtered item in the Custom Header
I would like to include the currently filtered item in my custom report header. For example: "Dummy Bills for Agency xxxxxxxx", where xxxxxxxx is the currently filtered agency. Can this be done? Here's a link that returns the filter criteria via a userdefined function. It's a procedure posted by Tom Ogilvy (posted by Debra Dalgleish). http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=40BE8AD9.5040505%40contexturesXSPAM.com Jack wrote: > > I would like to include the currently filtered item in my custom report > header. For example: "Dummy Bills for Agency xxxxxxx...

How to force the user to fill in values for yes/no fields ?
Hi ! I'm using MS Access 2003. I have a table with a number of yes/no fields. When a new record is started, I want the user to explicitly specify a value for each of these fields, e.g. by choosing one of two radio buttons associated with the field. Now, it was no problem for me to arrange an option group with two suitable radio buttons for each of these fields. The user can then choose explicitly between yes and no. However, all fields seem to have implicit values immediately after a new record has been started. Therefore, the new record can be stored in the db without the user making...

Report header below page header
I want a report heading on the first page - but I would like it to be below the page header (so that my page header is identically positioned on all pages). Alternatively I want a part of my page header only displayed on the first page. How can this be made? -- Diane I expect you could create a new Group Header section on a constant like: =1 Display the header for this group. It will display only once and will be positioned below the first Page Header section. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "DianePDavies" wrote: > I want a report headin...

Help with SQL- SupplierList cost into Item cost field
Hi, re-posted! See below. Hi, thanks for that- it worked perfectly. There is just one snag however and I didn't think of it until I was testing. Many of the suppliers use specific currencies so the information I need copied from the Supplier tab is actually the Local Cost. When I view the SupplierList table, Local Cost doesn't appear as a column. Is it just a calculation based on exchange rates for information or does it actually exist somewhere within the database? Your help once again would be much appreciated. T. "convoluted" wrote: > Hi Tara - backup your...

ONDIRTY MOVE TO NEXT FIELD
Hi, I have a combo box, when I hit Y (yes) I would like to save a keystroke and have the cursor move to the next field. How would I do that? I tried ONDIRTY but it gave me an error and couldn't move. Thanks in advance, Bonnie Try the AfterUpdate event of the combo box. -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "Bonnie" <Bonnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0068FF95-2485-4FA7-B59A-4BA9A1E1CF86@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have a combo box, when I hit Y (yes) I would like to save a keystroke > and > have the cursor move to the...

Need a formula that tags one table based 2 columns in each table
I have two tables on one worksheet, Table A and Table B. Each table contains two column with X and Y coordinates, all values are numerical. The coordinate system is irrelevant. I need to "tag" all XY coordinates in Table B that have a matching XY coordinate in Table A. If Table A coordinates are in columns A and B, and Table B coordinates are in columns C and D, then I want to place the text "hit" in column E next to each coordinate pair from columns C and D that match a coordinate pair in columns A and B. The ranges for the respective tables have been named ACOORD and...

"How do I get rid of old records in an Pivot Table?
The spreadsheet gets copied each month to a new file and the data cleared out, BUT the selecetion in the Pivot Table still holds the data from Previous spreadsheets Debra Dalgleish has some techniques at: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot04.html AyPee wrote: > > The spreadsheet gets copied each month to a new file and the data cleared > out, BUT the selecetion in the Pivot Table still holds the data from Previous > spreadsheets -- Dave Peterson The web-link was very helpful, thank you. I was about to reprogram and build my pivot tables to get rid of the obsolete item...

Adding multiple tables in one report
I am trying to customize the default report Daily Detailed Sales with Tax. What i need to do is add the Tender Type (Credit card / cash / check) as another column in the report. So far i have found out: i need to add a column i need to import the TenderEntry table for the data I need to find out: How to import another table I have tried to import the table using sql UNION function, but that wont work for me either. any help would be greatly appriciated. Thank You Hi ED, The things make sense to me regarding the adding tables and fields which you can do and customized the .grp file. ...

Pivot table help I think !
Hi All, I have a report I need to create which goes as follows. I have a data list of around 56k records. The rows contain this; category 1, category 2, category 3, call id and Date I've created a pivot table with Cat1, cat2, cat 3 on the row area, Count of Call ID in the data area and date in the column area (this is grouped by Month). I'm looking at the months of Mar, Apr and May. I want to sort it, in descending order, by the difference of 'Count of Call ID' there is between Mar and May. If I cannot perform the calculation in the pivot table, is there a way of ungroupi...

how to replace fields
Hi all, I am new to Ms access, would like to know how to replace fields with some specific values, i.e. want to replace all records with a field named MONTH by "May". What should I do? Thanks. thanks a lot, will change the field name as advised. I am just rewritting some Visual Fox-pro programs by Ms Access as our copy of VFP is in very low version that our PC can't support. The purpose of the program I am studying is to import some monthly report data and append to a master file. That's why we have to replace the newly added records by the current month value ...

scroll field reset
Somehow have gotten my scroll bar in worksheet set so that moving it just one centimeter moves me from the top to the bottom of my working field. Since my field is 3000 rows, it makes it awkward to use. Can anyone tell me how to reset it so that scrolling top to bottom just takes me from the top to the bottom of my working area rather than the whole worksheet? anand Hi Anand! I think you can resolve this issue, by resetting the last cell (delete all rows and columns that doesn't contain any data), see http://support.microsoft.com/?id=244435 for details about this. Best regards...

CRM and Great Plains Customer Notes Fields
Hi all, Just checking on the CRM/GP integration. I see that using Biztalk Customers in GP can be Accounts/Contacts in CRM. I just wanted to see about the notes of GP Customers and CRM Contacts. Are these shared as well? Can a person edit fully in GP and then have them show up in CRM or vice versa? Just want to make sure of this before proceeding. Thanks. Tavis ...

Pivot Table toolbar
Every time I edit a pivot table (Excel 2000)the toolbar launches itself and I have to then re-anchor it manually - this is very irritating! Is there any way to stop this happening? "GeoffS" <crammond-smith@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message news:39d201c355a8$a7f788b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Every time I edit a pivot table (Excel 2000)the toolbar > launches itself and I have to then re-anchor it manually - > this is very irritating! > > Is there any way to stop this happening? I use Excel97 but it may be the same. You can have the toolbar on all the time, positio...