Partially hidden Excel formula bar

In Mac OS 10.5, Excel 2008 won't show a complete formula bar. The left side
is cut off. I've tried adjusting my display settings, deleting plist files,
and uninstalling/reinstalling Office 2008. IF I log in as another user, I get
a clear view of the whole formula bar.

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.

Thx.

In article <65B2FAAD-8DD3-4D0C-8AF6-DC5EF62C71E6@microsoft.com>,
 Eqbal00 <Eqbal00@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> In Mac OS 10.5, Excel 2008 won't show a complete formula bar. The left side
> is cut off. I've tried adjusting my display settings, deleting plist files,
> and uninstalling/reinstalling Office 2008. IF I log in as another user, I get
> a clear view of the whole formula bar.
>
> Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.

First, uninstalling/reinstalling is almost always a complete waste of
time. Applications don't corrupt that frequently, and unless you used
the Remove Office application to uninstall (which I assume you didn't),
uninstalling doesn't get rid of the source of the problem, the
preferences files.

It's important when you delete the .plist files that Office apps are
closed. If they're open, the corrupt settings will be retained in memory
and will be written back to the new .plist file when the app closes.

Try, with XL closed, deleting the

   ~:Library:Preferences:Microsoft:Office 2008:Excel Toolbars (12)

file.
0
JE

Excel 2007 weird formatting issues
Does anyone here use Excel 2007 already? I began using it and when I tried to do my favorite border with dropped shadow, there was no longer such option in Excel 2007. Instead I can choose to create a rectangle box (Inser -> Illustrations -> Shapes -> Rectangle Box). However, the only way to have a dropped shadow is to have a solid filled box (which of course covers the cells underneath). If you don't choose solid fill then you are going to see shadows not only on bottom and right but also on top and left which makes the rectangle box look weird. Whatever happened to the regul...

Excel 2007 - VBA
How can I set the xaxis to an arbitrary angle, say -70 deg using vba? I recorded a macro to do this and it does not actually do anything??? Tried it 3 times. I end up with the proper layout but the recorded macro does not actually format the xaxis when run again?! QB Hi, Try, With ActiveChart.Axes(xlCategory).TickLabels .Alignment = xlCenter .Offset = 100 .ReadingOrder = xlContext .Orientation = -70 End With Cheer Andy On 24/02/2010 15:32, QB wrote: > How can I set the xaxis to an arbitrary angle, say -70 deg usi...

Excel 2003 Help Runtime Error
Trying to open help file on Templates and get 'Runtime Error - do you wish to debug?' Have you trying repairing or reinstalling Excel? On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 10:53:01 -0800, Weezay <Weezay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Trying to open help file on Templates and get 'Runtime Error - do you wish to >debug?' ...

sumif formula required
Hello I have only basic knowledge of excel and need a formula to extrac information. A B C Client Process Sqm CEK Fibre 100 RDF Gloss 200 ERF Emul 150 CEK Fibre 100 What formula should I use to extract all CEK clients who purchase th fibre process giving total sqm. I would be extremely grateful to anyone who...

"Average" calculation formula needed
Hello, I have Excel 97, and am trying to learn formulas. I need to find the "average" of certain values in column B below. This is an example of my worksheet A B 1 TRUE 1.0% 2 FALSE -.8 3 TRUE -.5 4 FALSE -. 5 TRUE 1. 6 TRUE -. 7 FALSE . What I need: In Cell C50 I want the calculated result in the form of a "%". FIRST finds the "TRUE" ocurrances in column "A", then calculate the average % (both positive and negative) in column "B" that are next to "T...

Excel Formula #8
I currently have a spreadsheet set up to record staff holidays or sickness. But i would like the column AG to total how many times the letter S appears in any of 31 cells from colums B to AF. Each cell may have either nothing entered into it or S or H. Thanks for any help Hi Sharon Try =COUNTIF(B2:AF2,"S") -- Regards Roger Govier "Sharon" <Sharon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:399B5039-CAC0-4428-BBB9-18C2C860E564@microsoft.com... >I currently have a spreadsheet set up to record staff holidays or >sickness. > But i would like ...

Excel Chart question
Is there a way to display both primary and secondary axis on the same side of a (linear) chart No, that is not possible Now someone will show you a complicated way to prove me wrong "Amj" <Amj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:63071C8C-16CE-4BAB-BEA3-521DD16247FF@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to display both primary and secondary axis on the same side > of > a (linear) chart Bernard - You're not wrong, of course; Excel can be made to place both Y axes on the same side, but one will overlie the other. If the various ticks are spaced app...

VLOOKUP formula #4
I have a workbook with 2 sheets - sheet 1 and sheet 2. I have a blank column in sheet 1 (B), which I want to fill with info from column B in sheet 2, but ONLY is the info in column A in sheet 2 matches with info in column C in sheet 1. I think I should be using VLOOKUP and had a go with the following formula =IF('A20'!A2=('Course Notes'!C5),VLOOKUP('A20'!A2,'A20'!A1:D4467,2)) But it didn't work. Can someone please help or point me in the right direction? Hi try =IF(ISNA(MATCH(A20,'A20'!C2:C4467,0)),"no match",INDEX('A20'!B2:B...

Drill Thru function not working after export to excel
I am using RS2005. I have a report with drill down and drill thru capabilities. This works fine in the report manager. When I export to excel the drill down capability is still there but the drill thru is not. Does anyone know why this is happening. Thanks in Advance ...

How do I send an excel document to members of my address book?
"bobbi" <bobbi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9024D8DA-8ADC-43DB-9E1A-D5D8DB294948@microsoft.com... >Nothing Please write your question in the big white space provided, not just in the subject line. You have two options - from within Excel select Mail To or in your mail client open a new message and add the file as an attachment.... Ron de Bruin has done all the work for you. For his SendMail add-in see........... http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/add-in.htm For code snippets see............. http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm Gord Dibben M...

Where to get Excel spreadsheet listing all GP tables for v10
Is this spreadsheet on the sdk? Is there a way to get it without installing the sdk? That is, from a download off MS site or PartnerSource or CustomerSource ? Thanks The spreadsheet is available from the DynamicAccounting.net site or via direct download at http://www.box.net/shared/jc90kdsh2k. I built it. It's a re-presentation of the information found in Tools- >Resource Descriptions->Tables in GP. There are version for GP 9 and GP 10 and I'll have one for GP 2010 once it is final. Mark On Feb 3, 2:01=A0pm, hdjim <hdji...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Is...

Excel 97 User Defined Charts & Text Boxes
I created and saved a user defined column chart that included text boxes on the chart. However, when I used this chart to create a new one, the text boxes disappeared. Has anyone encountered this before? What are some remedies I can try? Excel doesn't save everything that was in the chart on which you based the custom type. There's some information in the following MSKB article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=214318 Instead of a custom chart type, you could record a macro in which you format the chart and add the text boxes. Ella Davis-Suggs wrote: > I cr...

saving Excel custom workbook as template
I use Office XP with Excel 2002. For the year I have customized workbook and sheets to keep my books. I want to be able to use the sam setup with next year's books. How do I save the workbook with only th format and formulas that I have created without saving the data; as blank template to use again? I have 4 workbooks that I have linked t be used together. Last year I just copied them and "manually deleted" the data to star over, but that was a pain.... surely there is a better way. thanks in advance for any help. donna:confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum....

Replace variable row number in formulas
What I'm looking for is a macro that will replace the row number in a formula with a new number that I designate through an input box. Below is the code I have thus far. The problem lies in how I'm defining the integer portion of the formula that I want to replace - vbInteger (or vbLong) don't seem to work. Then finally I need to set Section 2 in a loop through Column CN. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Sub UpdateFormulas_2() Dim LRowNumber ...

FORMULA HELP! Find all values in column at random rows and perform calcutlation.
ex. A 1 2 3 3.9% 4 5 6 -2.7% 7 8 9 6.5% 10 11 12 1.2% .. .. .. 1000 Total of formula here. I don't know what row a % number will show up on col A but it is before row 1000. I would like row 1000 under column A to have a formula that says look for any row in column A and if you find a number, add 1 to that number and then find the next one and add 1 to that number and then multiply those two together and then find the next one add 1 then multiply to the last set...etc. Bascially, A100 would have the formula (1+A3)*(1+A6)*(1+A9)*(1+A12)...e...

Is there a way to protect hidden rows and also change fill color?
I have a sheet protected for contents only. I need this so I can hide some rows and columns. It is also preventing me from changing fill color. Is there a way to protect hidden rows and also change fill color? ... excel97 I'm not sure if it works on Excel97 but when you go to protect, there is a checkbox you can click that still gives them the ability to format cells. If you need the code for it, just record a macro. -- -John http://www.jmbundy.blogspot.com/ Please rate when your question is answered to help us and others know what is helpful. "Fan924" wro...

Excel 2003
Excel 2003 - the "X" to exit the application option is greyed out...you must use "file / exit" to exit the program. How does this get turned off and how do you turn it back on? Thanks in advance for your advice! Are using using Groupwise? If that's the problem. See this MSKB article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260199 Article is specific for 2000 but I think it is valid for other versions. It gives a workaround (use the file menu) and instructions as to how to remove the Groupwise add-in that is responsible for this behavior. Gord...

Toolbars in Excel 2007
In Word 2007, if a Word 2003 document/template that contains a custom toolbar is opened, the buttons from the toolbar appear under the Add-ins tab. The same does not appear to be the case in Excel. Is therefore adding macros to the QAT or Customizing the Ribbon the only option with Excel 2007? If that is the case, and it is going to be necessary to modify a template one way or the other for use in Excel 2007, I might as well Customize the Ribbon due to the limited choice of icons for the QAT. -- Thanks, Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft....

Need Formula for control the random
Hi --1-- I've x-cells each with same random formula --2-- Those x-random numbers goes to x-seperated cells --3-- In groups of 6 i need different numbers in those x-cells So i need formula to check the seperated cells of different numbers. (so 2 checks 1/3 checks 2/4 checks 3 etc...) How can i : Let cell2 know to check the random number in cell1 ....?? ((if cell1=cell2 then run random again in cell2)) els next cell.. If cell3=cell2 then run random cell3 afgain..else go to cell4 etc How can i put this together in a correct formula ?? random formula together with the (check formula) ...

Excel training #2
Does anyone know where I can get training in Excel in NE UK? -- Rob, Teesside, UK Hi Rob, Unfortunately we're not in the NE, but we can offer a range of tailor made training solutions that can be delivered by webcast, CD, Email, Post etc. If you're still stuck, get in touch and we'll se what we can do. Neil www.nwarwick.co.uk "abfabrob" wrote: > Does anyone know where I can get training in Excel in NE UK? > -- > Rob, > Teesside, > UK ...

Do any of the Grade book templates using Excel average grades?
I am interested in using the Office Templates to track grades for the upcoming school year. Does anyone know if it will average grades as I enter them or do I have to average & enter them, using Office only for recording? ...

Problem opening an Excel file from code
After changing our environment and upgrade to Vista and Office 2007 my code for opening a number of Excel workbooks stop working and it says somthing like "Cant find the file". The path to the file is correct and works if I use it manualy when I open the file in Excel, but when it is used in code it doesn't work. The path to the workbook is retrieved from the system using ThisWorkbook.Path plus the filename as a constant. The path looks like this; "\\sesofsh01\SESO\AZS\Directories\SESOC540-NSP\KPI - NSP månadsrapporter\KPI\Sortimentklassning & Lagerv...

hidden window
When I click on 'send/receive' I used to see a small window showing a list of message titles as they are being received. For some reason, this window has dissappeared. Can anyone tell me how to get it back please? Thanks Mike You must have chosen to hide that dialogue box. When you send and receive, you can see the progress on a task bar in the lower right-hand corner of Outlook. Left-click on it and click on details. -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "Mike Newman" wrote: > When I click on 'sen...

Balance sheet Formula #2
Hello everyone. I got the template from MS for the blance sheet but I ran out of space on the template. Does anyone know what the formula would be in Excel 2002. I want to show Recevable, Payables, and Current balance like the template at the bottom somewhere. Thanks, Tom ...

Using Named Range in LOOKUP formula?
My LOOKUP formula currently reads: =((LOOKUP($I6,$A$2:$A$7,$D$2:$D$7)-J6)+(LOOKUP($I6,$A$2:$A$7,$G$2:$G $7))) I would like to change this so the ranges are columns in a Named Range. Something like: =((LOOKUP($I6,Range_Col1,Range_Col4)-J6)+ (LOOKUP($I6,Range_Col1,Range_Col7))) The range name will be selected in a drop-down (data validation) in another cell. So "Range_Col1" actually needs to be referenced from the value selected in K10. Can this be done with formulas? Or do I need a macro? Ed Assuming your named range refers to A1:G7 You can use an expression like this: INDEX...