Need Help with Text Box in Excel 2008

I am having trouble and cannot find a solution...so far!  I have a text box
in worksheet1 and I need that information to automatically go to a text box
in worksheet 2.    I cannot find a way to make that carry over...I see that
in the box that shows the cell#, it says TextBox 6, but cannot do a formula
in worksheet two that it understands.  I tried   ='Worksheet1'!TextBox6    ,
but that did not work.

I made a macro for this in an older version of Excel,  but it won't work
since Excel has eliminated macros from the new version.

Thank you for any help attempts.

Cyberxan

0
cyberxan

Sorry, can't happen. There's no provision in Excel for linking text boxes.
You can create a formula for the object that references a cell but an object
can't refer to another object without VBA.

--
Regards |:>)
Bob Jones

"cyberxan" <u60338@uwe> wrote in message news:a88bff6747e10@uwe...
>I am having trouble and cannot find a solution...so far!  I have a text box
> in worksheet1 and I need that information to automatically go to a text
> box
> in worksheet 2.    I cannot find a way to make that carry over...I see
> that
> in the box that shows the cell#, it says TextBox 6, but cannot do a
> formula
> in worksheet two that it understands.  I tried   ='Worksheet1'!TextBox6
> ,
> but that did not work.
>
> I made a macro for this in an older version of Excel,  but it won't work
> since Excel has eliminated macros from the new version.
>
> Thank you for any help attempts.
>
> Cyberxan

0
CyberTaz
5/25/2010 8:36:50 PM
Yeah I was coming to that realization quickly...so is there any automated way
to replicate the text?
I did a macro on my PC with an older version of Excel this morning which
worked perfectly...I can't imagine why they would create a later version that
cannot do any of these tasks!

Basically I have two identical worksheets in all ways except one column is
different.  So I went to Worksheet one and in every cell I typed in:
='Worksheet1'!Cell#  so that anything I do in worksheet 1 is automatically
carried over to worksheet 2.

Now I have two text boxes that have all the job specifications.
I've tried to highlight an area and merge the rows and text wrap so that the
user can type in the info.  But it does not work and I tried Row Autofit and
again it does not work.  Any ideas?

Thanks Again!

CyberTaz wrote:
>Sorry, can't happen. There's no provision in Excel for linking text boxes.
>You can create a formula for the object that references a cell but an object
>can't refer to another object without VBA.
>
>>I am having trouble and cannot find a solution...so far!  I have a text box
>> in worksheet1 and I need that information to automatically go to a text
>[quoted text clipped - 13 lines]
>>
>> Cyberxan

0
cyberxan
5/25/2010 8:59:59 PM
Your reply was cut off...I'm interested in any ideas!

cyberxan wrote:
>Yeah I was coming to that realization quickly...so is there any automated way
>to replicate the text?
>I did a macro on my PC with an older version of Excel this morning which
>worked perfectly...I can't imagine why they would create a later version that
>cannot do any of these tasks!
>
>Basically I have two identical worksheets in all ways except one column is
>different.  So I went to Worksheet one and in every cell I typed in:
>='Worksheet1'!Cell#  so that anything I do in worksheet 1 is automatically
>carried over to worksheet 2.
>
>Now I have two text boxes that have all the job specifications.
>I've tried to highlight an area and merge the rows and text wrap so that the
>user can type in the info.  But it does not work and I tried Row Autofit and
>again it does not work.  Any ideas?
>
>Thanks Again!
>
>>Sorry, can't happen. There's no provision in Excel for linking text boxes.
>>You can create a formula for the object that references a cell but an object
>[quoted text clipped - 5 lines]
>>>
>>> Cyberxan

0
cyberxan
5/25/2010 9:13:39 PM
SORRY I SEE IT NOW.  Thank you again

cyberxan wrote:
>Your reply was cut off...I'm interested in any ideas!
>
>>Yeah I was coming to that realization quickly...so is there any automated way
>>to replicate the text?
>[quoted text clipped - 19 lines]

0
cyberxan
5/25/2010 9:14:49 PM
The only option I can think of is to put the text content into a regular
cell somewhere in the workbook then formula-link each text box to that cell.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 5/25/10 4:59 PM, in article a88c76f810458@uwe, "cyberxan" <u60338@uwe>
wrote:

> Yeah I was coming to that realization quickly...so is there any automated way
> to replicate the text?
> I did a macro on my PC with an older version of Excel this morning which
> worked perfectly...I can't imagine why they would create a later version that
> cannot do any of these tasks!
>
> Basically I have two identical worksheets in all ways except one column is
> different.  So I went to Worksheet one and in every cell I typed in:
> ='Worksheet1'!Cell#  so that anything I do in worksheet 1 is automatically
> carried over to worksheet 2.
>
> Now I have two text boxes that have all the job specifications.
> I've tried to highlight an area and merge the rows and text wrap so that the
> user can type in the info.  But it does not work and I tried Row Autofit and
> again it does not work.  Any ideas?
>
> Thanks Again!
>
> CyberTaz wrote:
>> Sorry, can't happen. There's no provision in Excel for linking text boxes.
>> You can create a formula for the object that references a cell but an object
>> can't refer to another object without VBA.
>>
>>> I am having trouble and cannot find a solution...so far!  I have a text box
>>> in worksheet1 and I need that information to automatically go to a text
>> [quoted text clipped - 13 lines]
>>>
>>> Cyberxan

0
CyberTaz

Help for time saving!
Hi I have got created an Excel Script that creates a Word Document. A bill. But for only 8 bill entries the script needs to much time. For this entries it works about 30 secounds. If you want to help me look at this page: www.kluesener.info/excel.html And if you find anything that saves time please tell me how I can do it better. Sorry for my bad english Many Thanks Jens ...

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Excel not Access

Excel 2007

data input in text box

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Need help with Auto Filter

help with simple maths in excel

Help with income/expenses

Opening Excel Workbooks

Excel DNS query

Excel Problem

Need Query Help

Calculating age in a label or text box on a form
Hello All, I have a text box for birthdate for a user to enter the birthdate and I want to the age for the user to be automatically calcuated and displayed in another label called "Age." What formula can I use? Missy ...

Help with a simple database
I am attempting to use Excel to develop a simple database for my office. The database basically lists a variety of orders purchased from various vendors, and my goal is to categorize and sort each vendor seperately. For example: GC Group 4/24/03 7831.1 $1,000.00 Alpha 1/20/03 7003.1 $2,000.00 Chandler 5/6/03 7050.1 $345.50 Is what the main chart looks like. Now, what I'm trying to accomplish is, suppose I added Tomsen 4/20/03 7873.1 $200.00 to the very bottom, Excel would automatically create a new tab (or even worksheet, if possible) tit...