Multiple Worksheets - 57720

Version: 2008

How can I copy same info between worksheets?
0
gerns

You need to be more specific about what you're trying to accomplish... For
what little you've disclosed regular copy/paste will work, but storing
duplicate copies of the same data on multiple sheets [or in multiple
workbooks] is redundant & inefficient. I'm sure you're clear in your own
mind what you're trying to do, but these one-liners do not effectively
convey what you're thinking :-)

Also, it's fine to post multiple questions & use separate messages for each,
but it's best if they all be posted as separate NEW messages with unique
SUBJECT content. Otherwise they get clustered into the same thread which
becomes confusing for those trying to reply or follow the conversation.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 5/29/10 8:01 AM, in article 59bb9257.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"gerns@officeformac.com" <gerns@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) How can I copy
> same info between worksheets?

0
CyberTaz

adding multiple pages for a publisher e-newsletter/e-announcement
Lately I have been creating e-newsletter publications in publisher 2003 and so far they have all been a single page. Now, I need more room and was wondering if all I have to do is insert a page. Will all pages show up in an email of the publication or just the first page? (The computer i'm on right now won't allow me to send a publication as an email message, so I can't really check). Does anybody know how sending a multiple page publication as an email message work? lanosh wrote: > Lately I have been creating e-newsletter publications in publisher 2003 and > so fa...

How do I move my worksheet from under the toolbar?
My worksheet is under my toolbar and I am not able to get it to move down. I cannot grab the top or the minimize/maximize button. Can someone please help me? I know it has to be something simple. Hi JewlyCC, Try: Window | Arrange | Ok - --- Regards, Norman "JewlyCC" <JewlyCC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6514FACC-7407-4E3E-9C06-E0870E9A97DE@microsoft.com... > My worksheet is under my toolbar and I am not able to get it to move down. > I > cannot grab the top or the minimize/maximize button. Can someone please > help > me? I kno...

Failure to or Slow moving between Worksheet Files.
Hi, I sure could use a little bit of advice to solve a problem which has just popped-up in the last month or so. I have three XLS files which are all opened at the same time by a container XLS file. One of the files opens up as the active worksheet. The other two files are displayed at the bottom of the screen in the system tray. When attempting to switch between the different files by clicking on the desired XLS file in the system tray, either nothing happens or (with luck) the switch is made. It would appear that focus is given to the desired system tray button for a 1 second i...

How can I link to a specific worksheet from a webpage?
When I am on a webpage, I want to click a link that then automatically links to a specific worksheet in a excelwork book. How? Already solved enter *.xls#Sheet1!A1 RMF "RMF" wrote: > When I am on a webpage, I want to click a link that then automatically links > to a specific worksheet in a excelwork book. How? ...

Do a two way lookup and get the result in multiple columns
Hi, I have a worksheet with data on store sales: StoreLoc Date Sales$ A 10/28/2005 $100 A 11/04/2005 $150 B 10/28/2005 $200 B 11/04/2005 $250 B 11/11/2005 $300 B 11/18/2005 $350 C 11/04/2005 $300 C 11/11/2005 $350 C 11/18/2005 $400 D 11/11/2005 $400 etc. I wanted to do a two-way lookup on StoreLoc and Date and get the sal...

malibox size warning message multiple times
the "Your mailbox has exceeded one or more size limits set by your administrator" message is being sent to users once an hour instead of once a day. where is the setting to change this?? thanks Rich, Depending on the version of Exhange: 5.5 - Properties of the Private Information Store container. Limits tab. 2000/2003 - Properties of the Maibox Store that owns the mailbox in question. Limits tab. Hope that helps...MMS -- Malvin M. Seale, MCSE, MCSA Microsoft Product Support Services (Exchange) malvins@online.microsoft.com * Please do not send email directly to this alias....

Combining data from multiple worksheets into one
I have 4 files with hundreds of worksheets in each file. I need to combine all 700,000 rows of data from all the worksheets in these 4 files into one worksheet to take into Access to append additional data. Is there a way to do this without cutting and pasting the data from each individual worksheet into the single list? I'm using Office 07 and although the data is the same format in each of the worksheets the entries vary in the number of rows from sheet to sheet. Mark This macro will do what you want. The following conditions must be met for this to work. The 4 wor...

Copying a Chart to ANOTHER WORKBOOK LOCATION not worksheet.
According to Excel Help, I should be able to copy a chart/graph to another workbook. However, when I try, the Paste option is not highlighted as a choice. Does anyone have any ideas how I can accomplish this copy/paste function? Thank you. You don't state which version of EXCEL you are using. I have tried to replicate what you say in EXCEL 2007 but don't see the problem. You might like to try the following:- 1. Select the graph that you want to copy by clicking in it. 2. Ctrl C (simultaneously). 3. Move to new Workbook. 4. Ctrl V (simultaneously). This pastes the c...

How do I convert an existing MS Excel worksheet tracking a simple. #2
I am a novie Excel user who has tracked the activity of my simple savings account with an Excel worksheet. I would like to set up this existing worksheet to perform autosum functions when I enter deposits, withdrawals, and interest instead of manually doing the math on a calculator to arrive at the balance total after each entry. ...

Yahoo text has multiple deletions since '08 Word was installed
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I've probably made some basic error with installing Office: mac 2008. Since doing so, I can't read much of anything on Yahoo. Many letters are missing; some are squished together. Is there are a problem with font compatibility? I'd welcome any suggestions on how to fix the problem. Otherwise, I'll need to uninstall and try again, which I suppose is not a bad initial strategy. Please help. Simply shut the computer down, turn it off, then restart. When you restart, you force a rebuilt of the font caches, ...

Unable to password-protect "VeryHidden" worksheet
Hello I'm using Excel 2007. In VBE I tried to password-protect a "VeryHidden" worksheet by going to VBAProject Properties, Protection, check the box on "Lock project for viewing" and set the password in the boxes as provided. However, each time I re-open the file (after saving and closing the file), the worksheet was not protected. When I check the VBAProject Properties, the check box of "Lock project for viewing" and the "Password to view project properties" are all back to its original state of unchecked/empty. Please advise what steps I...

worksheet 401 error
Hi We are getting the following error when processing a worksheet 401 at one of our stores (the same worksheet processed fine at the other 18 stores) <<ExecuteCommand>> Error -2147467259: Subquery returned more than 1 value. This is not permitted when the subquery follows =, !=, <, <= , >, >= or when the subquery is used as an expression. UPDATE PurchaseOrderEntry SET Price Any suggestions on where to start looking/ See if there are any custom triggers on any of the tables, i had this problem with a custom trigger on th item table. -- Stephen Zwar...

Sending CRM email when outlook has multiple accounts
Here is my setup: I have an outlook user (2003) with an exchange (also 2003) account and a pop3 account in their profile. The exchange account is the default account. CRM (ver 4) is set to use outlook as the sender. When email is sent from the CRM web interface it goes out over the exchange account, I need it to go over the POP3 account. If I try this with just the POP3 account it works with out problems, do I have to change the default account to the POP3 account? Is there a work around to tell the CRM which outlook account to use? I would rather not change the email setup as most of...

IoSetDeviceInterfaceState problem when used with multiple instance
Hi - I am using an interface to signal an application from a kernel driver. The driver call IoSetDeviceInterface state to change the status which is monitored by the application via WM_DEVICECHANGE messages. With a single instance of the interface everything works fine. However, with multiple instances of the interface, sometimes the application does not see all the notifications. This behavior occurs ONLY in Vista & Windows 7; XP works fine. The instances of the driver interface are created by specifying the ReferenceString parameter to IoRegisterDeviceInterface(). ...

Multiple quotes for same job number using option buttons
Please forgive the repost - I've added additonal information and the original seems to have been forgotten. I don't think the subject was clear anyway. I have a main quote form with subforms for labor, parts and misc parts all tied to a job number with several calculations on the main form from each of the subforms. This works great as it is. Now users tell me they need to have ability to create optional quotes for same job number. Is it possible to have an option group on the form so that the first main default quote would be option 1 and then if user needs to create an...

Total width of multiple columns
Is there a quick way of finding out the total width of several adjacent columns? Hi, I'd be intrigued to understand why you need this but here's one way. Call with =Col_Width() Select a single row of cells and tap F9 to make it re-calculate Function Col_Width() As Variant Dim C As Range Application.Volatile If Selection.Rows.Count > 1 Then Exit Function For Each C In Selection Col_Width = Col_Width + C.ColumnWidth Next End Function -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while ...

How do I unprotect a protected worksheet that has passwrod protect
I need to unprotect a protected sheet but it has password protection on it and I do not have the password, can anybody help? record a macro and paste the text below into it:- Sub PasswordBreaker() Dim i As Integer, j As Integer, k As Integer Dim l As Integer, m As Integer, n As Integer Dim i1 As Integer, i2 As Integer, i3 As Integer Dim i4 As Integer, i5 As Integer, i6 As Integer On Error Resume Next For i = 65 To 66: For j = 65 To 66: For k = 65 To 66 For l = 65 To 66: For m = 65 To 66: For i1 = 65 To 66 For i2 = 65 To 66: For i3 = 65 To 66: For i4 = 65 To 66 For i5 = 65 To 66: F...

Excel opening a "phantom" worksheet at random times
I have a user who will have a phantom Excel spreadsheet, entitled Object, open at random times while she is trying to open another spreadsheet. This Ojbect spreadsheet will stay open, and she can open other spreadsheets, but the only thing that will open is the Menu bar, toolbars, and the status bar. The file itself doesn't open, the space is empty and the user can see the desktop. When this happens, the user has to shut down her machine, not a restart, before she can continue on in Excel. Any ideas? ...

Worksheets in HQ
Hi there This may be a weird one. But I need to ask.. as I have never seen any where or heard any one discuss this.... Is it posible to create new worksheets in RMS HQ or maybe modify the current ones. What I am trying to do is change the way create PO is run? -- Cheers Topi Not really. You can add additional tables and have them sync on a 401, but the process is poorly documented at best, IMO. You might want to check around or ask your reseller for existing PO Processing add-ins that may take care of this for you. Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@...

Copy worksheet name into cell in worksheet
I'm looking for a way to have the name of the worksheet I am working in automatically entered to a cell on the worksheet ie: Worksheet name is 1-1-03 this would automatically be entered into cell 2a of the worksheet and that would have formatting to show not only that date but also the day of the week that day is(1-1-04 Thursday) I have the cell formatted already but it is really over kill to have to manually enter this info both as the worksheet name and into this cell for every day I must enter. Hi Laura! Use: =--MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename...

Copying Multiple Pages
I was wondering if you can copy multiple pages of a Publisher document (Office 2003) at the same time and paste them into another document / or merge two documents together. Many thanks for your time Open the Office clipboard from the Edit menu, you will be able to collect 24 items. Be aware if your text boxes are linked you will not get the paste you want. Break the link, all the text will be shifted to the first text box even though you will not be able to see all of it. Create new text boxes in your new publication, link them again. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microso...

How do I export/save a shhet where some of the cells have multiple line values
At the office I wrote a perl script to proces the data exported/saved from an excel spreadsheet. I noticed that the perl script processed more lines than existed rows in the spreadsheet. Upon closer examination I noticed that some of the cells have multiple line values. Is there any way I can control the action of the export/save so that the multiple line val;ues are combined into a single line ? Thanks... The cells with multiple lines would have linefeeds in them. This would be the character 0010 which is entered using Alt + Enter Select all cells before export/save and Edit>Replace...

can you help by make link with tow worksheet
I'm looking to make link with tow worksheet more clearly: i made equation in cells worksheet -1 a1 + a2 : print result in cell A1 in worksheet -2 and thankyou for help -- nader ------------------------------------------------------------------------ nader's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=10881 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=383968 Type in: =Sheet1!A1+Sheet1!A2 Place in Cell A1 of worksheet -2. Or, place the cursor in the desired cell of worksheet - 2 and click "=". Then click on the wo...

Print Template automatically Filled with data in another worksheet
I have a Form in Sheet2 like: Name: B2 Company B3 Department B4 Emp #: B5 and list of Employees A2:D123 (more than 100 employees) with above details in Sheet1. I want to Print Sheet2 for each of the employee with its details. I know It can be easily done with Word Mail Merge option but the form created in Excel could not be easily developed in MS Word. Is there any solution. Regards. Murtaza, You would need to use a macro: Sub PrintEmOut() Dim myCell As Range For Each myCell In Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A2:A123") With Worksheets("Sheet2...

print multiple attachments outlook 2007
How do I print multiple attachments in Outlook 2007 See my reply to your earlier post. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "mo" <mo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A62B2902-739B-4ECD-8C98-F9C325808DA2@microsoft.com... > How do I print multiple attachments in Outlook 2007 ...