how to paste a series formula across worksheets?

Version: 2004
Processor: Intel

<i>have a budget workbook w/12 worksheets, 1 per month.  i have a row of starting totals for each month.  how do i copy the starting total in january's worksheet and paste it across the following months' worksheets in increasing months?  Ex: in january's worksheet, cell A2 has the total of $100.  in february's worksheet, the formula in A2 is: &quot;=100+Jan!A2&quot;.  how do i copy/paste the formula across the rest of the worksheets so that they read &quot;=100+Feb!A2&quot;, etc. w/o having to manually enter in the month?  also, the entire A row has several of these totals w/corresponding cells that have the reference to the jan! worksheet, so i was hoping to copy the whole row and paste and have all the formulas paste in succeeding order.  i've done it once before, yeeeearrrrrs ago and can't remember how.  thanks for your help!</i>
0
jimnyo

Formula Questions #2
Trying to calculate this in Excel I have 3 different processes for an order: Filling - 300 parts per hour Packing - 100 parts per hour Shipping - 50 parts per hour If I need to staff for 9,000 parts per day for a 7.5 hour day, how would I calculated my total production for all 3 steps combined per hour remembering that each part must pass all 3 stations? Hi Filling staff =9000/(7.5*300) Packing staff =9000/(7.5*100) Shipping staff =9000/(7.5*50) -- Arvi Laanemets (Don't use my reply address - it's spam-trap) "esi" <haha@funny.com> wrote in message news:#vfqFU...

Using text and formatting sum function in formula
I am attempting to show text in a cell concatenated with the sum function and it works fine. The problem is the result has 10 decimal places in the resulting number. I have tried to use the format function with the sum function without success. Here is the formula I am working with: ="Total is: " & Format(SUM(B96:B104),"0.00") What am I doing wrong? Thank you. Try it like this... ="Total is: "&ROUND(SUM(B96:B104),2) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Billy B" <BillyB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

worksheet #3
I have created a drop down list and added a formula to show me the cost of an item eg; pink slippers when that is picked from the list the price appears in the next column..that is all working fine.....=IF(C3="","",VLOOKUP(C3,'Sheet3 (2)'!A3:C152,2,FALSE)) I've been trying to add another formula to this for inventory. So actually what my question is. How do I create a list along with a formula so when I pick the item out it will put in the price, and minus 1 or however many sold, to give me a count of what I have left in stock. Is this possible, if not any...

Converting Formula into Numbers?
With a cell/s selected is there a way to convert the cell's formula into straight numbers (in turn removing all formula and leaving the same number)? -- Emp-Designer ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Emp-Designer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=37564 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=571948 Emp-Designer a �crit : > With a cell/s selected is there a way to convert the cell's formula into > straight numbers (in turn removing all formula and leaving the same &...

Formula for cross tab data filling

When do I use quotation marks in an Excel formula?
What are the guidelines as to when you do and do not use quotation marks in the criteria section of a function. Quotation marks around a text string; no quotation marks around a number. -- David Biddulph "Deb" <Deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1B4B846-A4F4-42C3-842A-F3CE7118D4AA@microsoft.com... > What are the guidelines as to when you do and do not use quotation marks > in > the criteria section of a function. It can get confusing in some cases but the GENERAL rule of thumb is: Always quote text Never quote numbers ...

formulas not working
My formulas are correct and reference the appropriate cells, but when I enter data to the referenced cells the formulas do not calculate a value. This is occuring on several of my spreedsheets. If hitting F9 makes it update, then try the following:- Check Tools / Options / Calculation Tab / Set to Automatic and not Manual -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference -...

formula or VBA
I need to search through a column checking condtions. If the conditions are met, then I want to enter the corresponding value in the column next to it into a different cell. Basically, I want to search column A and, if the conditions are met, put the value in B into C. Would this be easier via formula or code? And maybe some starting suggestions would be nice if you don't mind. -- Thanks, Jim in a formula in col b =if(cond,a1,"") using vba for each c in range("a1:a100") if cond then c.offset(0,1)=c next -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "...

how to create a multiple conditional formula
I am trying the find a solution for the following multiple formula (example); IF(A1="K"; B1+(B1*C10);B1) AND IF(A1="N";B1+(B1*C11);B1). So actually two expressions in one formula. I can't find a good solution. Is there anybody who can help me? Thank you in advance. Ad Buijs =B1+B1*IF(A1="K",C10,if(A1="N",C11,0)) "Ad Buijs" wrote: > I am trying the find a solution for the following multiple formula (example); > IF(A1="K"; B1+(B1*C10);B1) AND IF(A1="N";B1+(B1*C11);B1). So actually two > expressions ...

Formula to return non-zero values in a list
I have a list of numbers in a column like so - 2 3 4 1 8 0 0 0 0 What formula would I create to always give me the a SUM of the las couple values before the zero value. The list always ends with a valu other than zero, so in this case, the '8' is the end of the list, and would like to SUM the 3 "last" values, those being 8, 1 and 4. As use this file, the zero values will automatically be updated with ne information, so I need a formula which would constantly reflect thi change -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you don't mind having an extra col...

Question: Cell formula or macro to write result of one cell to another cell
Excel-97 (SR-2) This is a long term problem that I have with Excel. I mostly write worksheet applications that have plenty of user-configurable parameters up front. This is fine for interactive work and what-if scenarios. However many of these turn into situations where I then want to scan through parameters where it would be nice to insert new values into the parameter cells under program control (either via a worksheet cell, or using a macro). There are far simpler cases over and above this that could benefit from this too. So is there an implementation of [G15] = Assign( H15, A15) ...

adjusting formula totals with tab or arror keys
I used to be able to see the "newly" adjusted totals on my spreadsheets after moving to the next line, via the arrow down key or tab key. Now only after saving are the New totals adjusted on the sheet? Why? Perhaps the calc mode was inadvertently changed to "Manual / Recalc before save" ? Click Tools > Options > Calculation tab Ensure that "Automatic" box is checked > OK -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "Susan" <Susan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Linking from multiple worksheets
I'm building several budget workbooks and wanting them to link to several other worksheets. In each workbook I have worksheets linked to a summary page. I have linked the summary page to another master worksheet. The problem that I'm having with the link it is not recognizing it as a number. So when I go to sum up the columns it is producing a zero number. How do I fix this problem? I need to link this information to another master worksheet on a higher level. -- Sheila Lindergren Financial Management Analyst City of Bradenton ...

Complex formula in ControlSource
A2003 I want a calculated field to count number of unique Addresses (don't count duplicates). In Excel I have a complex formula that works: =Sum(IIf(FREQUENCY(IIf(Len([Address])>0,MATCH([Address],[Address],0),""),IIf(Len([Address])>0,MATCH([Address],[Address],0),""))>0,1)) Are there equivelent functions for Frequency and Match that can be used in the ControlSourcr or from VBA? -Brad Got it--almost. Grouping and sub-grouping is the answer, and there are many posts on this. My problem now is that I cannot get the correct count in the header. I have an Is...

Another Countif Formula
Hi. I want to find the amount of numbers in a given set that are greater than a specific cell. The hard part is, the range depends on a list of dates in another column. I have from a1:a200 a descending list of dates, starting from today. I want a function that has the range start today (that's easy) and ends when the date hits March 1st (for example). Then the formula would apply that range to the column with the numbers. The reason the dates are not fixed is because the data is automatically updated from the internet so March 1st (for example) is always one cell lower. Example: ...

Help with Formulas
I need help with creating a formula. I want to count the total number of individuals who meet a certain criteria in one column and a certain criteria in another column. For example: I want to find out the total number of people who live in Germany and went on a specific trip. For argument sake let's say column A is at lists only Y or N for yes and no, and column B is a list of Countries such as Germany, America, etc. I would like to figure out the total number of individuals who have a Y in column A and the word Germany in column B. This is what I have done so far and it works for co...

A formula to "clear to zero" multiple cells
Hello all, I have made a calculator that has many cells where number values are added. I would like to make a master RESET button that will clear all the cells that I program into the formula Thanks in advance, Doug You will have to use a macro something like this. Sub clearspecifiedcells() Range("d8,e3").ClearContents End Sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Douglas Strinz" <Douglas Strinz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AEEB7134-E576-4715-B2B4-D1808592C870@microsoft.com... > Hello all, &...

Nested If Formula
I have a spreadsheet of possible hiring canidates that may or may not go through 5 stages of the hiring process which are listed below. I need to know for instance if a candidate made it through some stages or all stages of the hiring process. Under the column headings (Attded Career Session, Test Score, Chosen 4 1st interview, Chosen 4 2nd Interview, Hired) the data will be listed but Im not sure how to say Canidate 1 made it through all but the Chosen 2nd Intereview. Canidate Attded Career Session, Test Score, Chosen1st interview, Chosen2nd Interview, Hired 1 2 3 Any he...

Grouping and Protecting worksheet
Hi, I have a spreadsheet in which I have grouped rows. This gives the tree like structure. I have unlocked cells and locked certain cells and protected the sheet so people can only access the unlocked cells. In doing this the group, expanding and contracting, stops working because the sheet is protected. I can't find a way to protect the sheet and still have the expanding and contracting work. Please help. Brad If you already have the outline applied, you can protect the worksheet in code (auto_open/workbook_open??). Option Explicit Sub auto_open() With Worksheets(&qu...

Protecting a worksheet/workbook with a password
Hi I have been trying to run a macro that involves hiding some columns & rows and copy paste special (some values) then saving the workbook with the only data that my client's customers need to see. That all works fine but when I go to tools, protection, protect worksheet and tick contents only and include a password (as part of the macro) when I run the macro Excel 2000 doesn't prompt me with the password- it simply allows me to go in and unprotect the worksheet. I need to prevent unauthorised data editing after running the macro. I thought I could do this with a password. A...

Any way to open an excel file directly to a worksheet?
I am building an application with an icon that launches an excel file when clicked. Is there any way I can open the file directly to a specified worksheet? The names of the worksheet are fixed and so is the file, so I am guessing adding some parameter after the filename should do the trick. Any help will be appreciated. Regards Sid -- skiddyrow ------------------------------------------------------------------------ skiddyrow's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23965 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=386335 Hey...

can't open new worksheets in a separate window
I've been trying to open multiple wookbooks in Excel, but they won't open in a new window. Instead they continue to open in the same window - one on top of the other. I've tried playing around with the maximize and restore, but to no avail. I tried right clicking on the Excel button in the taskbar to cascade the windows, but the pop-up menu is inactive. any advice would be greatly appreciated. Running Excel 2003, Windows XP. This might be it: Tools - Options - View tab - Show: Windows in taskbar. Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com "3R's" <3R's@di...

Pivot Table Formula #3
Can a formula be done in one Pivot Table using a field from another pivot Table? A calculated field can only refer to fields in its own pivot table. It can't refer to other pivot tables. carolini wrote: > Can a formula be done in one Pivot Table using a field from another pivot > Table? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Re What is the formula for adding multiple numbers in a cell
Hi Hoping someone can help me, i know it's a really basic thing but i just need to know how to add multiple numbers to single excel cell. The spreadsheet is being used for a monthly sales report & i need to add the daily sales figures to each persons name in the report & have it auto tally each personal totals over the month. Thanks Tony Hi, If u want to sum based on multiple conditions ( persons name, month etc ) then check out SUMPRODUCT formula at http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.SUMPRODUCT.html Thanks a lot, Hari India "merlin_au" <merlin_au@discuss...