how to edit my x-axis data on a line graph

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

my x axis data on my graph is just showing numbers 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11.... and it is suppose to show the years. I can't figure out how to change these values
0
emma456

Extracting data from Outlook.
Here's what I would like to do, not sure if it is possible or not. There are many emails coming into Outlook regarding status from different servers, I want to extract the data, and dump it into a Excel Spreadsheet, is this possible? If so how. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Are the status messages all in the inbox or some other specific Outlook folder? Is there something in the subject line to differentiate status messages from other mail? Do...

Unable to enter chart/axis titles
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Everytime I try to enter a chart title or axis titles in excel using the formatting palette, Excel crashes. I am unable to label anything without the whole program going down. Is there a patch or something I can download? Missing updates are quite probably at the root of the problem. Launch Help> Check for Updates from any of the Office apps & apply everything offered. Make certain that OS X is fully updated as well & run Disk Utility - Repair Disk Permissions afterward. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Offic...

when displaying formulas, how to start a new line in the same cel.
In the displaying formulas mode, if the formula is too long, how to start a new line in the same cell so that the formulas can be printed in one page. (Alt + enter won't work in formula mode) Hi AFAIK the only thing you could do is copy the formula as 'Text' (e.g. put an apostrophe in front of the formula) and then use aLT+ENTER -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "EL" <EL@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0ADE2051-6D82-439C-B65C-C9B7E0B9A925@microsoft.com... > In the displaying formulas mode, if the formula is too long, how to sta...

Data entry problem
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a workbook with a sheet for each month. After moving the workbook to my new Imac, if I enter a new number in the sheet for a month, Excel enters the number into the same cell in the sheet for all the other months. Hows can I enter data for each month individually and not have it go into all the other sheets? ...

eliminating noise from data
I am trying to take the noise out of some strain gage readings. I figur that there is a way to create an if-then statement that will perfor the following. IF the current point differs from the previous point b more than some specified value, THEN make the current point equal t the previous point. This will help my curves to be cleaner, and more defined. Please help, I cannot figure out any formula to work. Thanks in advace, because you guys are good, and have came throug before for me. Jeff :confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com The formula for that would be: =IF(A...

how to customize the x axis in scatter plot?
I have two columns of data A B 1 100 2 90 3 110 10 132 20 150 25 152 I used scatter plot to plot column B as Y value and column A as the X value. The plot itself looks fine. However, the x axis label and major ticks are shown at 0, 10, 20, 30, ... What I want is for the x axis label and major ticks to be at 1, 2, 3, 10, 20, 25. In other words, I want to them to correspond to the value in column A. I could not figure out how to do it. Is it doable in Excel. Do you mean you want a Line chart where the x-values are not treated as numbers? best wis...

Clip Art Gallery Problems in Office X
I am running Office X on a Mac G4 with 384MB of memory. Our computing people recently updated the Mac OS and ever since then I have not been able to insert art from the clip art gallery. They did uninstall Office and then reinstall it once to fix the problem, but that didn't work. The problem occurs in all Office apps -- interestingly bullets in powerpoint are missing from old presentations. The error message says: Word cannot launch Microsoft Clip Gallery. Microsoft Clip Gallery may not be properly installed on your computer, or you may not have enough memory available to launch Microsof...

GP 8.0 CBM Batch Edit lists printing should be controlled by user
there is an issue with CBM Batch Edit Lists, when user clicks on print button system asks for all the 6 report to print or not, infact user want to print only one( say payment edit list) but has to check or unceck all the 6 options, which is very hactic for users. I tried its solution from MBS Support but this feature of getting these reports OFF is not available. So being a Dynamics GP Consultant my suggestion is to include this feature in the system as you have included the posting journals setup in CBM. I hope I was able to convey my message, however in case of further discution do ...

Subject Line vs Internet Headers
I am running into an issue where an email subject line displays correctly on the actual email but when you look at the Internet headers it display differently. Example: RE: Your Support Ticket # 30774 has been resolved. ID [n3e7x8/214111] When you look at the Internet Headers it displays as: Example: RE: Your Support Ticket # 30774 has been resolved. ID [n3e7x8/2141 11] It's causing the program that processes these emails to create new support tickets because it thinks the subject looks like this: Example: RE: Your Support Ticket # 30774 has been reso...

Importing data from MS-Access: Queries missing
When I try to insert data from an MS-Access query into MS-Excel by using Data > Import External Data > Import, and then selecting the relevant MS-Access database., I can only see a limited number of the queries from this database. I cannot see any logic in how these queries have been selected, so apparently by random! How can I possibly get access to all the queries in the database? Mogens ...

data entry using functions??????
I would like to type in one cell data and have data returned to another cell. Example: A1 B1 C1 D1...........H1...J1 K1 L1 data typed into H1 matches data in A1; I need data in B1 C1 D1 to return to J1 K1 L1. I would like to copy the formulas down in J1:L1 thru 30 or so rows but may have only 15 rows of data in A1:D1 Data entered in the H1:31 should match one of the entries in A1:15 and return the corresponding data in B,C,D 1:15 to the corresponding cells in J,K,L 1:31 I cannot figure out how to do this, the IF function won't do this in any format I can discern. Hope I have mad...

PivotChart
No matter how I format a Date in the pivot table, the date stays in the format mm/dd/yyyy on the chart. Any clues? TIA Tom - This is another example of the restricted formattability of pivot charts compared to regular charts. You could just make a regular chart form the data, or enter your dates as text in the original data list. Both of these are likely to have drawbacks. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/ _______ Tom wrote: > No matter how I format a Date in the pivot table, the date > stays in the...

calendar data missing when swithing from inbox view to calendar view
after applying latest outlook service packs I have a problem viewing calendar data. It comes up in calendar view by default and my appt data and taxk data are there. however if I go to my in box then go back to Calendar view there is no appt data or task data. If I go to outlook today my data is there. But still no data for any date in calendar view unless I exit out & restart outlook. The problem repeats itself as soon as I go to inbox What version of Outlook? Do you have Exchange in the mix? Do you have both an Exchange mailbox and a .pst folders? Does the shortcut to the cal...

Password protection of Excel Sheet linked to Bloomberg Data
Hi, I s it possible to password protect the excel sheet having dynamic data download from Bloomberg (Say Interest Rate data). I tried doing so even after stopping the dynamic download, however the protection doesnt work. Any insights? Regards, Rohit ...

seperating and sorting groups of data
I have a spreadsheet where I track employees by job number. The spreadsheet is set up where Column A is the driver name.... and the remaining columns are job data. Job data can take several rows. ie. several jobs, separated by number on separate rows. I don't want to clutter my spreadsheet with employee names on each row as I am not the one who wants the spreadsheet formatted this way. Is there a way to sort all the data in the spreadsheet by employee name... and have the data in the rows "associated" with that employee remain "attached" to them. I realize that MS ...

Adding database data to a combo box...
Hi guys, I have a working databse query thar returns a list of names. I want to put this into a combo box. Currently I am inserting the database data into a range on my spreadsheet (A1) and it uses as many rows as there are names. In my combo box properties I can specify the ListFillRange as A1:A5 or whatever and this works okay, but the thing is, as names are added to the database, I want the range A1:A5 to update dynamically. Q1. Can I send the QueryTable data directly to the combo box ListFillRange... With ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add(Co=ADnnection:=3Dconnstring, Destination:=3DCo...

Importing a sales data from a web site to Microsoft Money
Is there a future in Money to import data I collect and generate on my web site about my sale activity? What I mean is, that I do a sales with a different product and I would like to import this data in ASCI or another format do Money where will be specified customer name, product ID, quantity bought, date of purchase eventually another data if necessary. I'm using Microsoft Money 2002 Deluxe & Business, I'm want to upgrade to 2004 if this is available is this version or find a program which will be able support this future. Thank you. Yanno ...

report displays no data
I just tried to create an income and spending report in Money 2004. After entering the custom dates, the report comes up but displays none of the data. Does anyone have any idea why the data is not being picked up by the report. Something in the customization is preventing it? A single category? A setting for unreconciled transactions only? An account that wasn't used back then? "Bill Lioio" <Bill Lioio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4740CAAA-508D-4CF8-8F33-802140CBD2E1@microsoft.com... >I just tried to create an income and spending report in...

Help me for these sql line case please
Hi guys I'm newbie on sql structure and syntax. And I have this problem : I have 3 table : Table_A FieldA1 FieldA2 a01 John a02 James a03 Bob a04 Sandra Table_B FieldB1 FieldB2 b01 Desk b02 Chair b03 Sofa b04 Saddle b05 Cradle Table_C FieldC1 FieldC2 c01 Computer c02 Phone c03 Calculator c04 VCR c05 TV c06 DVD c07 CD I want to manage those tables with the queries and the output datasheet will look like this FieldA1 FieldA2 FieldB1 FieldB2 FieldC1 FieldC2 FieldD1 a0...

Trying to link data with validated cells
I'm attempting to create a log file for shipments we receive. We have a lot of vendors to keep track of, and they all have a vendor code. An important portion of the log is ensuring the vendor code is included. I'm having trouble with linking the vendor code with the vendor name. For example, say I've validated the data in a cell, and there's a drop-down list of companies to choose from. User 1 clicks on ABC, Inc. I want 1234, ABC, Inc's vendor code, to pop up into the column next to the column that contains ABC, Inc's name. I've been told there is a way to...

Merging data from several Excel 2010 spreadhseets
OK, here's the situation... I've got a membership database which has been exported from an Access Database into a number of different Excel spreadsheets. And of course I don't have the original! It's split into about 10 spreadsheets and I need to create a single one by merging the data from the various sources. All the spreadsheets start with "Membership number" in column 1, then different data. The spreadsheets don't necessarily contain data for every membership number, and in some cases there are multiple entries for the same membership number. There...

"suspect" in subject line
Hi all, sometimes when I'm emailing with a friend, the word "suspect" shows up in the subject line. I'm on Outlook 2003 and he's on Outlook 2000. My work is on Exchange 5.5. any thoughts of what is causing this? How do I fix? thanks, lesk What do you have the Junk Mail Settings on? Low|Med|High? This is the only thing I can think of... >-----Original Message----- >Hi all, sometimes when I'm emailing with a friend, the >word "suspect" shows up in the subject line. > >I'm on Outlook 2003 and he's on Outlook 2000. My work is...

CRM4 and Data Migration
Does MS CRM 4 Data Migration supports migration to Customized entities or only for built-in entities? Found the solution... Remove the MSCRM_MIGRATION database and re-run the DMM ConfigWizard! "Benjamin Fallar III" <fallar@pldtdsl.net> wrote in message news:120E185A-E465-440A-9557-C9F170FB23FD@microsoft.com... > Does MS CRM 4 Data Migration supports migration to Customized entities or > only for built-in entities? ...

Can i Create an hyperlink in a shape to that shape Data?
I'm trying to create a hyperlink in a shape that link's me directly to that shape data without use of reports or external data. The point of this is: when publishing a pdf of de Visio 2007 document, the hiperlinks i've created work in the pdf or in the visio viewer. Any sugestions? EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Dr. Dotnetsky's Cool .NET Tips and Tricks #24 http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/738bcad2-b378-406f-b594-7431fe346dee/dr-dotnetskys-cool-net.aspx ...

Paste Data into Contiguous (Visible) Cells
I am trying to paste data from a set of contiguous cells in one sheet into some cells in anther sheet. I have hidden the columns I do not want to paste the data so that the selection that I would want to paste into looks contiguous. I was hoping that Excel would see it that way also and just paste one cell after another. However, it chooses to paste to the hidden cells, which is not what I want. Does anyone know how (without writing a macro) I can paste into cells that are not contiguous normally, but appear contiguous when some columns are hidden? Thanks in advance. Trevor -- trev_s...