How does one change the font in column and row header?

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

Is there a way to change the font in the column and row headers?  I am trying to change the font size in row header that has the numbers and column headers that have the letters. For example A / 3225, I would like to make it smaller to fit the numbers in the allotted space.
0
noah4305

No, the formatting of the default Column/Row headings cannot be modified.

I'm not sure what you're actually asking to do, though... The Column
Headings never contain more than 3 characters (i.e., XFD) & the Row Headings
never display more than 5 digits (i.e., 35749). Although you can change a
column's width to be narrow enough to prevent its heading from displaying
all 3 characters, the width of the row heading bar is automatically adjusted
based on its need to display 3/4/5 digits -- its width cannot be manually
adjusted. What exactly are you attempting to do that makes it seem necessary
to change the font size?

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 3/21/10 10:17 AM, in article 59bb5a61.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"noah4305@officeformac.com" <noah4305@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to change the font in the column and row headers?  I am trying
> to change the font size in row header that has the numbers and column headers
> that have the letters. For example A / 3225, I would like to make it smaller
> to fit the numbers in the allotted space.

0
CyberTaz
3/21/2010 2:46:11 PM
> I'm not sure what you're actually asking to do, though... The Column <br>
> Headings never contain more than 3 characters (i.e., XFD) &amp; the Row Headings <br>
> never display more than 5 digits (i.e., 35749). Although you can change a <br>
> column's width to be narrow enough to prevent its heading from displaying <br>
> all 3 characters, the width of the row heading bar is automatically adjusted <br>
> based on its need to display 3/4/5 digits -- its width cannot be manually <br>
> adjusted. What exactly are you attempting to do that makes it seem necessary <br>
> to change the font size? <br>
> Regards |:>) <br>
> Bob Jones  <br>
> [MVP] Office:Mac <br>
> On 3/21/10 10:17 AM, in article 59bb5a61.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, <br>
> &quot;noah4305@officeformac.com&quot;  wrote: <br>
> > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel <br>
> > Is there a way to change the font in the column and row headers?  I am trying <br>
> > to change the font size in row header that has the numbers and column headers <br>
> > that have the letters. For example A / 3225, I would like to make it smaller <br>
> > to fit the numbers in the allotted space. <br>

0
noah4305
3/21/2010 3:25:16 PM
I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing :-) You still haven't
described what it is that you are attempting to do. Please understand that
nobody here can see what you're seeing. We have nothing more to go on than
what you tell us, so fully descriptive explanations are important.

From the description in your first message I had the impression that you
were referring to the gray strip on the left side of each sheet which
contains the default numbering for each row � the Row Headings. I've never
seen a sheet where the row number did not fully display.

It now sounds more like you are referring to cell content � data in one or
more of the columns of the sheet. If that's the case see Excel Help on the
topic: Change column width or row height

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 3/21/10 11:25 AM, in article 59bb5a61.1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"noah4305@officeformac.com" <noah4305@officeformac.com> wrote:

>> I have a file where the numbers are at 5 digits and it is not adjusting... is
>> there a preference that I should look for?
>
> No, the formatting of the default Column/Row headings cannot be modified.
>>
>> I'm not sure what you're actually asking to do, though... The Column
>> Headings never contain more than 3 characters (i.e., XFD) & the Row Headings
>> never display more than 5 digits (i.e., 35749). Although you can change a
>> column's width to be narrow enough to prevent its heading from displaying
>> all 3 characters, the width of the row heading bar is automatically adjusted
>> based on its need to display 3/4/5 digits -- its width cannot be manually
>> adjusted. What exactly are you attempting to do that makes it seem necessary
>> to change the font size?
>>
>> Regards |:>)
>> Bob Jones
>> [MVP] Office:Mac
>>

>> On 3/21/10 10:17 AM, in article 59bb5a61.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
>> "noah4305@officeformac.com"  wrote:
>>
>>> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor:
>>> Intel
>>> Is there a way to change the font in the column and row headers?  I am
>>> trying
>>> to change the font size in row header that has the numbers and column
>>> headers
>>> that have the letters. For example A / 3225, I would like to make it smaller
>>> to fit the numbers in the allotted space.

0
CyberTaz

How do you combine two columns to one? Help!!!!!!
I have address numbers in column A and street names in column B, I want to combine all of both columns into one without going through the whole process for each individual cells. HELP!!!!!! "sttrumpet" <sttrumpet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F72E43CE-CA99-4CD0-BCA1-85EFADCB459D@microsoft.com... > I have address numbers in column A and street names in column B, I want to > combine all of both columns into one without going through the whole process > for each individual cells. HELP!!!!!! Use the fuction =A1&B1 in cell B1 Drag the function ...

Great Plains Basic, Standard, Professional. . . which one?
There are three versions of Great Plains: basic, standard, and professional. -Which one works best with RMS, or is there even a difference among the three? -Will all of them allow sync'ing of open and closed POs? -What, in general, are the price breaks for those three versions? David David, You need to work directly with a Great Plains partner. Implementing GP is no small task, and your GP Partner will be able to assess your workflow needs and show you which version and modules for GP would work best for you. If you need a referral, let me know. -- Mobitech Lady Amy Luby Mobite...

Page Formatting Preferences Seem To Have Changed
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Using Word 2004 for Mac version 11.5.6 - For example, I cannot make one line align center with Georgia font and then drop a couple of lines and switch to left alignment and Arial font. Whatever change I make, whether what I am seeking to change is highlighted or not, the entire document changes. <br><br>This used to work fine so it seems like a preference must have changed but I can't figure out how to change it back. Really, really appreciate some advice! Thanks!! You have mistakenly enabled &qu...

VBA_ font name "+mj-lt"
Hi every one, I use .Font.name="+mj-lt" to apply heading and body text font , but later when I check the same font using If .Font.Name = "+mj-lt" Then some code Else debug.print .font.name End If it can't recognize the heading font although it prints the same name and in fact its the same font. Any thoughts? -- Best regards, Edward Hello Edward, I haven't understood your question completely. You can use +mj-lt to set the font name but "+mn-lt" are just representations that PowerPoint stores internal. When you query the f...

One or more margins are set outside the printable area...
Greetings. I had this message a few years (and Office generations and OS) ago. At that time, I think it was resolved by deleting a normal.dot file (which I did this time) or downloading new printer driver (which I have done). The problem persists. Could I have a step-by-step walk through, please? I have Office 2008 with Snow Leopard, and a Canon Pixma iP2000. Thanks. ...

How to change pivot table source database?
How can I change the source database for a pivot table in an Excel spreadsheet. Our database server has been changed and when I create a new dsn pointing to the correct server, I get an error message indicating that the query on the old server is still trying to be used. Thanks, Steve This should work for you (?) Open the pivot table and click on it. Menu - Data/Pivot Table report. Click the Back button on the Wizard dialog that appears and connect t the new data source -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

How do I generate random, non-repeating numbers that don't change?
I'm setting up a spreadsheet that tracks names and generates random, non-repeating four-digit ID#'s. Is it possible in Excel 2000? The usual way to generate non repeating random numbers is to make a complete list of the possible numbers use =RAND() in and adjacent column, then sort both columns by that auxiliary column and read of the desired number of values from the first column. Jerry bsquared0 wrote: > I'm setting up a spreadsheet that tracks names and generates random, > non-repeating four-digit ID#'s. Is it possible in Excel 2000? ...

how to change default delivery location to my new pst file
dear all. my user has outlook 2000 sp3 running on windows 2000. i have change the default delivery location to my new pst file in account manager, but it did not work, new email is delivered to old pst file. do you have any idea on resolving this issue?? Try renaming the old .pst to .old and then retry it when Outlook is opened - point it to the new .pst file. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, sf= asked: | dear al...

Cell text color change
I'm trying to get the text color in a cell to change (to red) if the formula in that cell produces a value above a certain ammount... Could this be done? Look at Format>Conditional Formatting -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Steffen" <Steffen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC53FC5B-81DD-4872-BDCF-A56B42C24159@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to get the text color in a cell to change (to red) if the formula > in that cell produces a value above a certain ammount... > > Could this be done? ...

Can you move a page from one publication to another?
Is there a way to pick up a page from another publisher document and move it into the one you are currently creating? Select all, copy, and paste. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Melis" <Melis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AE2DE89E-E052-4A56-9E62-79C8528450D4@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to pick up a page from another publisher document and move > it > into the one you are currently creating? ...

Is there a way to change the effective date on EFT transmit files?
I'm trying to determine if there is a way to adjust the effective date that is located on the transmit file for EFT file transmissions. Our transmit files show the current date as the effective date for our batches. We'd like to see a day or 2 later. I believe the location of this "effective date" is between characters 70 and 75 on the 5 record (company/batch header for all entries). ...

Moving between multiple columns quickly
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I am trying to move across a spreadsheet from one end (column z) back to column A or last cell with data in it without having to tab all the way. on my pc I would use &quot;end&quot; and an arrow key but my mac keyboard does not have an &quot;end&quot; key. How do I do this? You can use Command + arrow key on the mac. ...

the last one to three characters of Y-axis label cannot be display
I am using Sony VAIO laptop (Model PCG-K23). The y-axis labe cannot be display fully in Excel 2003, Excel XP, and even Excel Work that came with this laptop. The Sony customer care guys attribute this problem to MS software problem. Does any one know how I can solve this problem? I have updated my Office2003, Window XP, and even graphic driver (ATI Radeon IGP). ...

Clear rows where field contains a negative sign
I have a procedure called that looks for a negative sign (*-*) in the D column for all records. If it exists, the entire row is deleted. The procedure below works well for this situation, BUT when there are no records with the negative sign in the D column it deletes the first record in row 1. The Range somehow is set for the value in the D column for row 1. I have been unable to stop this so far. Does anyone have a way to not delete row one if the filter is not met? Here is the procedure: Sub CleanCancelledChks() Dim r As Range With ActiveSheet ActiveSheet.Columns(&...

Change theme colors in Excel
Working in the Excel 2010 Beta version, but I think it's the same in 2007... How can I change the theme and/or standard colors? I can find the colors I want with "more colors" but I have to add to recent colors EACH time I use Excel. Any way to change default settings for the color palette? ...

How to disable triggers for changes made by specific session?
Hi, We have built an SSIS custom destination component that uses SQL Server native OLEDB provider to perform INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE on an SQL Server destination table. We want the target database trigger not to be activated for changes made through this custom component. In addition: * The triggers on the target cannot be disabled as they are needed for other users of the target. * The triggers code can't be changed to conditionally do nothing within the trigger. We couldn’t see any option in OLE DB for disabling triggers for a particular OLE DB connection or command. Is t...

Prevent functions from changing when new rows are added
I have a worksheet configured as a timesheet, where each row represents a task performed. For any given day, I track the task(s) performed and the hours spent on each task, and there are many functions in the worksheet. The worksheet contains the following columns: Column A: blank column (not used for anything). Column B: series of dates (with a blank row in between each date). Column C: tasks performed, manually entered. Column D: hours worked on the task. Column E: hours worked for the week. There's a function in each cell where, if it's Sunday, a sum of the week's...

Paste Cells in Column A to Columns B-K
Hi All, I was wondering if someone can help with writing an Excel Macro or some scripting. What I am trying to achieve is the following. In Column A (A1:A1000) there are values of L0xxxxxx xxxxxx=numbers (i.e L0123456) What I want to be able to do is move the values from column A to Columns B-K (10 Columns) 10 values at a time, upto 100 lines. A B C D E F G H I J K L00001 L00001 L00002 L00003 L00004 .5 .6 .7 .8 .9 L00010 L00002 L00011 L00003 L00004 ..5 ..6 ..7 ..8 ..9 L00010 L00011 Any help would be appreciated. T...

American Express
I have my account set up to automatically update from Money 2005 My amex account has multiple cards The statement uploaded into MSM 2005 includes transactions from all cards I want transactions from each card seperated Any ideas Money 2004. "Phil" <Phil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E7CD0B78-10AB-4A9E-B272-1299B5866B4D@microsoft.com... >I have my account set up to automatically update from Money 2005 > My amex account has multiple cards > The statement uploaded into MSM 2005 includes transactions from all cards > I want transactions from each c...

Changing default font for all comments
Can I change the default font for all comments in a worksheet? Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Default -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "abbylulu2" <abbylulu2@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:8DEB7970-21EA-45B3-98C4-209E56F315BE@microsoft.com... > Can I change the default font for all comments in a worksheet? ...

why do pictures and text change size on printing?
making birthday card , which i have done many times, but when trying to print, the pictures and text are reducing in size from 168% to 99% . what am i now doing wrong ? ...

One BIG reason for the decline in the news groups.
You never put Windows 7 on the newsgroups. You put 64 bit which coverts all three O/S's I you would have put all the Windows 7 N/G's I think you would have seen a gain instead of a decline. -- Have a good day, RScotti remove "nospam" in order to email me. ...

Avoid pasting over hidden rows
Hi All I have a quick question in regards to pasting data over a range with hidden rows. Is it possible to paste data over a range of cells and avoid pasting data in hidden rows? Let's say sheet2 has data in range A1:B5 and row 2 is hidden. Let's say I copy range A1:B4 from Sheet1 and paste on Sheet2 starting in cell A1. I would like the data to paste over rows 1,3,4 and 5. (skip hidden row 2) I'm pretty sure the answer is no but I thought I'd ask anyways since there are some clever folks out there who might find a way. (Without using VBA) Thanks in advance. W...

Last value in column before blank
Hi, My data in one column A:A - Where V100 &V101 are product codes, dates run down the column and Blank is a blank cell befor each new product code. V100 1-Sep-09 2-Sep-09 Blank V101 1-Oct-09 5-Oct-09 10-Oct-09 Blank Question is how do i return the date value for the last entry (eg before the blank) for each product code I want to find. Note also the last date entry is always the max value date. Eg V100 = 2-Sep and V101 =10-Oct. Thks Craig One formulas play ... Assume your source data running in A2 down Put these in B2:D2 In B2: =IF(LEFT(A2)="V",A2,IF(A2=&...

Title Field
Is it possible to change the column type of the 'Title' field in my SharePoint list for example, to a 'Choice' field? I don't really need a 'Title' field, but of course I need to have the 'Edit menu' option on one of the fields, and I don't want it to be a 'single line of text'. Any help would be appreciated. -- Thanks, Rob E. I wouldn't recommend messing with the title column. It's a system column and it's better to be left alone. What you can do however: 1) Hide the Title column See: http://ferraradata.co...