How do you toggle between Excel worksheets

Version: 2008
Processor: Power PC

Having used both Win Excel &amp; Mac Excel, I still can't find a way of toggling between worksheets in the Mac version. I've tried using cascade but it's not the same and slower. So please can anyone HELP! <br>
Thanks
1
iAppleman

Hi - just had a go - try (Apple + F6) that does the trick
-2
AlanMac
2/8/2010 1:52:14 PM
> Hi - just had a go - try (Apple + F6) that does the trick <br><br>Works a treat - I was looking in totally the opposite way. Many thanks for the fast response.
0
iAppleman
2/8/2010 2:50:01 PM
Good for You! You can also use Command (Apple)+Page Up/Down which is a bit
easier (for me) if using a full keyboard. On Notebooks or condensed
keyboards you'd have to throw in the (fn) key.

I'm not sure how you "had a go" to find Command+F6, but if you search in
Excel Help using the phrase 'keyboard shortcuts' you'll find plenty.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 2/8/10 9:50 AM, in article 59bb271d.1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"iAppleman@officeformac.com" <iAppleman@officeformac.com> wrote:

>> Hi - just had a go - try (Apple + F6) that does the trick
>
> Works a treat - I was looking in totally the opposite way. Many thanks for the
> fast response.

0
CyberTaz

HELP: Need macro for excel to get data from server database and use results to populate an Access Database
Hi all, Is there a quick way to do a query on an SQL Server database and have the output put direct into an Access Database? I know how to do it by grabbing the records and then inserting each result one by one, but this takes forever to complete and I am after a quick solution, if it exists. Is anybody able to assist ? is it possible? Thanks in advance for any help! Regards Clint you could link to the SQL Server table(s) from Access, write a SELECT query to pull the records you want, and then turn the query into either an Append query to add the data to a native table in the Acces...

Excell spread sheet: reinstate number of rows to 50
In my excell spread sheet, I need to find out how to reinstate a specific number of rows. It is an address spread sheet with approx 40-50 rows. As it stands now I cannot get to the bottom of the number of rows, and so cannot access the tabs at the bottom of the spread sheet that say Sheet 2, Sheet 3 etc, where a lot of other info is stored. Some guesses at your predicaments, & tinkers to try: 1. Click Window > Unfreeze pane (panes may be frozen?) 2. Click Tools > Options > View tab > Check "Sheet tabs" > OK (sheet tabs at bottom cannot be seen?) 3. Select the...

Unable to see custom Ad-Ins ribbon tab in Excel 2007 + Windows 7
Worked fine in Excel 2007 on XP. This ad in file just links to several frequently used macros. It has been enabled via Excel Options/Ad-Ins, the location of the .xla file is trusted and I get no errors when it is opened. Macro security is set to notify and disable, but I do not get that message when opening the .xla. Is there some setting I am missing when dealing with Windows 7 and macros / VB? ...

excel vs. word which is better
ineed a comparision between word and excel Word is a word processor, XL is a spreadsheet. Word is better for word processing tasks, XL is better for spreadsheet tasks. There's some, but not much, overlap in their capabilities. What are you trying to do? In article <4A6DBC18-08D3-45D4-BF74-292E1F8D4CDD@microsoft.com>, "linda raye" <linda raye@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > ineed a comparision between word and excel A question like "Which is better?" depends upon what you are trying to do. Both are very useful tools for very different tasks...

Footer Settings in an Excel Sheet
Hi, I am setting up the footer to an Excel page through VBA Script but sometime, the left footer is not starting from the extreme left (i.e., it leaves some spaces and seems like started from the column B). The following script used to set up the footer. Range("A3:M101").Select With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .LeftHeader = "" .CenterHeader = "" .RightHeader = "" .LeftFooter = analyst .CenterFooter = filename .RightFooter = mydate .LeftMargin = Application.InchesToPoints (0.236220472440945)...

Excel Programming Help...........
I have written an excel spreadsheet. There are six columns which signify the days of the week on one worksheet. I have an allotment to use per week. Sometimes my weeks are made up of 6 days, sometimes 5 or 4 or 3 or 2 or 1. I have successfully written the program to spread the allotment among the correct number of days. Sometimes the day itself varies. Example, Sat, Mon, Tue or Sat, Tue, Wed, Thur, Fri or Wed, Thur, Fri. I have included these calculations as well. And the allotment is equally split among the days. Now I wish to be able to assign variable percents to each day, so that...

Antivirus for Macros in Excel 97
First time here. Sorry if this has been covered or is in a FAQ but I searched and didn't find the answer. I have Excel 97 and want to know the easiest (read: automatic?) way to check macros for viruses. It's some examples I've downloaded from sites that I can probably trust but..you never know. I have avast! scanner (free version). I suppose if you download the file in XLS format it would check it? But most come in ZIP files. Do I have to manually run the unzipped macro through the scanner to check for viruses or is there a way to tell Excel (or the scanner) when I open a f...

Excel open file name
When I open a file named 'Myname' in Excel (2000 & 97) File/Open... the file is normaly opened with the same name. But when I open this (or any other) .xls file by double clicking it the file opens with name 'Myname1'. This is happening after reinstalation of Office 2000 (all upgrades instaled). I reinstaled Office 2000 prof. because of unknown problem with Excel 2000 (err. message was 'The system is dangerously low in resources!'- and PC hung. All the other Office and other appl. worked fine). System is Win'98SE with 512MB (RAM is checked & OK). Can anybody...

Linking Visio chart with excel database?
I have created an organizational chart in visio 2003 and am now attempting to link it back to the excel document. I tried using both the database wizard and the link to database under visio extras, but no success. I cannot even get all the way through the wizard. It will not allow me to define a table to link the document to, and says that the connection has failed. Do i need the ODBC tool? Is excel compliant? Please help! Hi Devin, If you start with Visio's Org Chart Wizard template, there's a wizard that helps you to link various database types to an actual Org Chart featu...

iODBC driver basics w/Excel 2008 and MySQL 5.x
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I installed the most recent iODBC driver (iodbc-sdk-3.52.7-macosx-10.5.dmg) and rebooted. I'm trying to do some simple &quot;Get External Data&quot; queries from a MySQL 5.x server. I've tested every component of my system and I think I've isolated that Excel itself is broken somehow. <br><br>My MySQL connection works via the &quot;iODBC Demo&quot; window with the user/pass I intend. I've tried running a test query in that window and it works fine. I've setup a &am...

Linking Worksheets and Autofilter
I am trying to get 2 sheets to link together so that when I autofilter on sheet1 the filter will also effect sheet2 and vice versa. Please help. I have been working on this for a month now. Try using the Advanced filter feature.. you'd have to put your 'criteria' on a seperate worksheet (or should) but that could link to 2 worksheets. "biscuitsmom" wrote: > I am trying to get 2 sheets to link together so that when I autofilter on > sheet1 the filter will also effect sheet2 and vice versa. Please help. I > have been working on this for a month now. I ...

Acrobat to Excel
i convert excel into acrobat, now i want to get back excel file, is there anyway i can do it? I hope you are not a believer in "round tripping" where everything should look the same as you convert it through one Office application to another and back to the original place. Converting to Adobe Acrobat (.PDF) is one way to make sure that the receiver only has the printed page, and not the formulas or anything special from in the spreadsheet. To convert the PDF file to Excel, the best way would be to have the full Adobe Acrobat package (not the reader) which is rather pricey f...

grouping in Excel Pivot table
currently i am using pivot table to calculate the grand total for ageing day in my report. The ageing day are 1, 2, 3 to 6 days and > 6 days that i want to group together. In pivot table, it can only able to calculate the grand total like total ageing for 1 day, 2 days, 3 days.... and go on. Is there any way that pivot table will do what i want or you guys can suggest any other method? I am aware of group function in pivot table but it cannot suit my needs. Thanks Lim Heng Sin All sorts of data can be analysed by adding another column to the base data and using the new field in ...

Does anyone know to 2 enter this equation in2 Excel 2000?
Hi, I would be very grateful if anyone could help me out in entering this mathematical equation into Microsoft Excecl 2000: y = e^x - 3x^2 All help is grately appriciated, Thankx ...

Interesting Web blog on Excel charting obsessions
From http://www.dashes.com/anil/2004/04/22/excel_pile "Excel Pile" "Most of the people I know are geeks, and some large number of geeks are obsessive to one degree or another. (This can be verified by anyone who's ever mumbled "Asperger's..." under their breath while watching me arrange my Windows desktop.) "Perhaps the ultimate example of this sort of dorkiness is the fact that almost every one of my friends has, at one point or another, made at least one Excel spreadsheet to document some arcane aspect of their lives. The number of consecutive sunny d...

how can i make paragraphs in side one cell in Excell?
Hi press ALT & ENTER when you want a new line Cheers JulieD "ashraf" <ashraf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E508A2C8-CC79-4107-93EE-5D607A53E8BA@microsoft.com... > or, format cell / alignment / wrap text ...

Word & Excel
Hi, I would like to link Excel cells to fields in Word. I have Word documents that use fields and I would like to have an excel file automatically grab the value of those fields. Thanks for your help I believe the way to do this is by copying the range in Excel and then go to your Word Document, at the top menu select Edit=>Paste Special In the Paste Special window, select Paste Link, then select Microsoft Office Excel Worksheet Object. Changes in the excel range should change in the Word Document Thanks for the response, but I want to go the other way. First, write up the Word d...

Spell Checkers Language Option in Excel
I somehow changed the language to Spanish in my Spell Checker options. I do not have this feature downloaded onto my comoputer adn it keeps asking for my Microsoft 2000 Premium disk which i do not have. It will not open spell checker at all now. Is there any other way to change the Dictionary back to English??? Hi Nicole, To the Excel shows the spelling dialog box, type an weird word, for example abvboos, and press F7. On spelling dialog box go Dictionary language combobox and select English. HTH --- Orlando Magalh´┐Żes Filho (So that you get best and rapid solution and all may ben...

New free mail add-in for Excel/Outlook 2007-2010
Posted to more then one newsgroup FYI Today I upload a new version of my Excel Mail add-in for Outlook. If you want to test it you can find it here http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/add-in.htm Let me know if you have problems -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm ...

Prompting users for data entry in a worksheet
Hi, Can anyone tell me how to record or program a macro that will prompt the user with a question for a cell (eg" What is the Client's name?") so they can enter the text which will be the content of the cell? Thanks very much. Michelle. You could use a macro: Option Explicit sub GetName() worksheets("sheet1").range("a1").value _ = inputbox(Prompt:="What is the client's name?") end sub You could even call this routine Auto_Open(). Then it'll run as soon as the workbook opens. But if you're gonna start getting lots of info from...

UNSHARE WORKSHEET
Hi all Is there a shortcut key that unshares a worksheet ? Regards Patsy Rogge Don't know of a shorter one than: ALT + T + R + TAB + A Then hit Enter. MRO "Patsy Rogge" <patsyr@vippayroll.co.za> wrote in message news:eolNSEScDHA.1744@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi all > > Is there a shortcut key that unshares a worksheet ? > > Regards > Patsy Rogge > > > ...

How to check whether subtotals are on a worksheet
Hi, does anybody know a way of checking whether subtotals have been added to a worksheet using a macro?? Cheers, Alan How about just looking for "=subtotal("? Record a macro when you do it manually (edit|find) AlanAylett wrote: > > Hi, > > does anybody know a way of checking whether subtotals have been added > to a worksheet using a macro?? > > Cheers, Alan -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Excel to Access
Hi group, quick question. If I have a macro to upload some Excel data into Access, can this macro be used by a user without Access installed on its PC???? The Access database is located in a shared drive, the Excel is stored in the user's PC. ....And same thing in the other way, can a user without Access import from Excel some Access info?? Versions are Excel 2003 and Access 2002. Thanks in advance, Cecilia Can you buy Excel without buying the entire Microsoft Office Suite? I'm not sure if there are variations in the way microsoft sells products in different countries s...

Sync parts of two worksheets including formats
I am looking for a way to have a primary and secondary worksheet. I will make changes to the primary and want those mirrored on the secondaary sheet. I want o mirrow all changes, formatting, adding, deleing rows, columns, etc., not just the data. I know how to use the change event to mirror the data but no help for the other things. I also know how to use the Sheets(array(....)).select to link the two but this mirrors the entire sheets and I just want to mirror a section of the sheets say A1:F1000 and the rest is unique to each sheet. Anyone have a solution. ...

moving from excel 11 to excel 12
Excel 2007, wXP New XP computer with Excel 2007 (Excel 12) and leave my old computer with Excel 2003. I had a bunch of macros in the old computer, but I believe they were not all attached to specific spreadsheets and I could see a list of all macros and invoke the one I wanted. With the Excel 2007 computer it seems that the macros were imported attached to the workbooks to which they pertained, but I had a few macros in the old system that could be used anywhere, such as one that caused a "comment" to be written without my initials embedded in it, and it could be used in any ...