Hiding and Unhiding Rows.. Unhide does not work..

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

0
DonnieB

This is possibly a rare occurrence which I've seen only 2-3 times in more
than 20 years & I've been unable to reproduce it or determine how it
happens. Try this:

Select a cell within the data range, then go to Data> Filter, select the
Show All command

If that isn't it please specify your exact update level of Office & OS X in
your reply. If you can offer any additional details about the file it may
help. Also, can you hide/unhide rows & columns of other sheets in the
workbook?

--
HTH |:>)
Bob Jones

<DonnieB@officeformac.com> wrote in message
> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I
> use this formating feature quite often. But, on this one worksheet which
> is a rather large data list (6000 Rows) I can NOT unhide rows that I have
> previously hidden. It just does not work.
>
> I have other workbooks open and I have no problem hiding and unhiding in
> the normal way.
>
> The workbook is NOT protected. The cells are not locked. But the file was
> originally a windows file.
>
> Is there some switch I do not know about?

9
CyberTaz
3/11/2010 3:37:34 PM
0
DonnieB
3/11/2010 9:31:56 PM
XinXin Liu  <br>
> By the way I am OS 10.5.8 <br>
> Office For MAC 2008  12.2.3 <br>
> Cheers....
0
XinXin

how to delete rows #2
I have a work sheet that has many rows like this and 3 coloums 1 chair custom 24 2 table custom 0 3 spoon custom 3563 4 hat custom 0 now I would like to make another colom and only extract those that their sum is greather than zero. in other words I would like to delete rows 2 and 4 how can i do that using if-function or any other function tnx khers You can use Auto Filter ,First select all then From menu choose Data - Filter - Auto Filter , Now you can select 0 Value from drop down o...

data in row didnt match import type 01-01-06
while importing almost 800 accounts , i got the following error for majority of accounts though i imported only 7 accounts. 'Data in row did not match the import type' what is the solution? How can i match it? whats is the way of comparision? is it possible you are trying to import accountnames into fields where crm is expecting the actual account guid rather than name? ========================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/crm/community/microsoft_crm_community.mspx "Aami" <aamir34@hotmail.com> wrote in message ...

Gathering and adding data from different rows
Hi all, I run a report at work every day that tells me how many shares of a company have been sold and from what year these shares were granted to the participant. The year and the amount of shares are on different lines. For instance, the year would be on D5 and the share amount would be on D10. This is a daily function and the data changes every day. I am required to manually scan these reports and add up the shares for each year separately. I have to separate the amounts for 2003, 1997 and 1996. I want to create a spreadsheeet that I can dump this data into and have the spreadsheet find...

How do I insert a row ...
I want to insert a blank row every two rows, with the consideration that my first row is the title. Thanks. Faye the best way is to go from the end of the sheet back to the beginning like this Lastrow = Range("A" & rows.count).end(xlup).row for rowcount = Lastrow to 1 step -2 Rows(RowCount).insert next rowCount -- joel ------------------------------------------------------------------------ joel's Profile: 229 View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=185766 [url=&quot;http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/&quot;]E...

SetMessagePendingDelay not working?
I have a basic MFC app in which I call AfxOleInit and then AfxOleGetMessageFilter->SetMessagePendingDelay(-1) to disable the "Switch to..." dialogs. This eliminated the dialogs, except for one user running the program on Windows 2000 Server SP4. Are there any other settings which would override this method call? Why would only one user still get the dialogs? AfxOleGetMessageFilter()->EnableBusyDialog(FALSE); AfxOleGetMessageFilter()->EnableNotRespondingDialog(FALSE); "Ken" <gh7alss02@sneakemail.com> wrote in message news:dcdhrf$8gj$1@lenny.tc.umn.ed...

Print code stopped working
Good morning, I have the following code attached to a command button that up to yesterday did what it was supposed to do (sort of): ******************************** Private Sub cmdPrint_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdPrint_Click Dim stDocName As String Dim Cancel As Boolean stDocName = "rptPickTicket" If IsNull(Me.cboRONbr) or (Me.cboRONbr) = 0 Then MsgBox "You must have a workorder nbr before you can print a pick ticket!", vbOKOnly, "Stop!" Exit Sub End If Else DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord DoCmd.OpenReport ...

commandbar control works on some computers, not others
I have written code to display a menu item on the right-click menu. It works on my pc and numerous others throughout the company, but some other pc's don't show the menu item when they right click. All of my other code is working perfectly on all pc's, but for some reason this right click menu item is giving me trouble. I've ruled out different versions of Office as the problem. I am using the following set statement and then listing out the caption, face id, etc.: Set cBut = Application.CommandBars(39).Controls.Add(temporary:=True) Anyone have any ideas??...

Shared use of excel work books
Hi, Can anyone tell me "if I have an excel workbook (with multiple worksheets that report to the first worksheet) on a shared drive whether it can be set up for multiple users to access it and use it at the same time?" These users will be accessing their single worksheet to update it periodically with the first worksheet being the project leaders sheet where he gets to see all the other worksheets on his one sheet. -- Ian Hi Ian, You can do this by selcting "shareworkbook" from the tools menu and checking the 'allow changes by more than one use'. Beware th...

Change height of row
Excel seems to limit the height of the row to some presets. Is there a way to set height of row to any height? Am trying to make spreadsheet line up with a pre-printed form. Hi i think the limit is 1 pixel -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Pam MacT" <Pam MacT@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:CCAE9073-80C5-47B1-B103-7834241AF34B@microsoft.com... > Excel seems to limit the height of the row to some presets. Is there a > way > to set height of row to any height? Am trying to make spreadsheet line up > with a pre-printed form. ...

send/receive not working properly
Whenever I click the send/receive all button in Outlook XP (2002). I get an error saying "The Operation Failed". This also happens when I try to access the Send/Receive section of the Mail Options under tools. I have tried everything a google search has offered as a solution (Office SP3, unistall/reinstall, deleting the outcmd.dat file, etc, etc. Is there anyone out there that knows what could be causing this. It did not happen until I installed a trial version of Office 2003 and decided that I could just stick with Office XP (2002) for the time being and reverted back to it. ...

Macro to pull every Nth row of data
I have a spreadsheet of data and I need to pull every 60th row out onto another sheet. Any simple macros? Thanks. Amy How about Sub Test() Source_Sheet = "Sheet1" Target_Sheet = "Sheet2" n = 5000 ' your last line of data on Sheet1 Target_Row = 1 Sheets(Target_Sheet).Select For nCount = 1 To n Step 60 Worksheets(Source_Sheet).Cells(nCount, 1).EntireRow.Copy Worksheets(Target_Sheet).Cells(Target_Row, 1).Select Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:= _ F...

Publisher 2000 file keeps closing when I try to work in upper lef.
Every time I try to open a text box, insert a picture or resize anything in the upper left hand portion of page 1 on my 4-page publication, the program closes and Microsoft Error Reporting comes up. This happened to me in another document, so i started all over again in this new one. Any ideas? I have installed all my applicable updates... Any chance you'd send it to me to take a look at it? If so, send it to jl dot paules at gmail dot com. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Amy~Lynne" <Amy~Lynne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89E12002-...

Count how many ROWS ago a new high was made
I need to count how many rows ago a new high was made in the last 6 days. In this case 2 days ago a new high was made. How to I get excel to count that number of rows ago without manually doing this? Guessing a bit of the data cells, but it would be something like =MATCH(MAX(A2:A20),A2:A20,0) -- --- HTH Bob (change the xxxx to gmail if mailing direct) "rhhince" <rhhince@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:1168725590.045657.70170@51g2000cwl.googlegroups.com... >I need to count how many rows ago a new high was made in the last 6 > days. In this case 2 days ago a new hi...

Out of office assistant not working for external senders...
Hi there, ive seen some one else with this problem on here, but with no responce, so i thoiught id psot again. Basically were using outlook 200o with #exchange 5.5 on NT 4. We've set up an out of office assistant for a few accounts however it only wants to reply to people inside the network, anyone that sends an email from an external email address, it wont reply to. How do i change this?? Im guessing it maybe on exchange problem? Again any help, greatly appreciated! Cheers, tim (Cheeko) OK, ive worked it out myself, heres the answer for everyone else! In order to get Out ...

"Show Placeholders" in options/view menu does'nt work.
I have a macro that places a large number of pictures on a spreadsheet. I would like the pictures to show as "placeholders" to speed up viewing/editing. The only problem is that this feature (under Tools/Options/View) does not work. All the images are being display normally. I have tried this in Excel 2000/2003/XP with the same result. This feature works great in MS Word. Please help. To see what I'm talking about. Go to Tools/Options/View and check the "Show Placeholders" option. Now insert a picture or clipart. The image will be displayed normally instead of just a b...

Pivot table row header
Hi, In a pivot table, I have 2 fields in the row section. How can I have the value on the first fields to repeat in every row instead of just showing once? Thanks!! Try Debra Dalgleish's page at: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry02.html Fill Blank Cells Fill Blank Cells Programmatically* [*Sub FillColBlanks() 'by Dave Peterson 2004-01-06] -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08549CBC-68A7-442E-BABF-D48B11E29479@microsoft.co...

Averaging only some rows

BeforeDoubleClick Event not working
I have this BeforeDoubleClick event, below, that I am trying to run. Everything was working fine yesterday now, it just jumps from the "If" to the "End If" statements. I can't figure out what's going on. Any ideas? Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean) Dim errorWS As Worksheet, siteWS As Worksheet Dim i As Integer, rw As Integer Set siteWS = Worksheets("Site Milestone Dates") Set errorWS = Worksheets("Error_MarketList") errorWS_lastRow = errorWS.Range("A65536").End(xlUp)....

Postcallout not working on seperate SQL server?
Hi I have developed a post call out using C#. It works 100% perfectly when it deploed on a single server deployment. i.e CRM 1.2, Exchange, MSSQL-2000, Window 2003 SBS, all on one Machine. When I tried to deploy SAME postcall out dll in a separate SQL server which runs on Windows 2003 Standard server and CRM server is separately running on Virtual server(Pointing to above SQL database), Post call out does not fire up! I have properly registred Postcall out on SQL CRM Metabase and com component is registred with no error on seperate sql server machine. I am using following components on C# p...

Excel macros page breaks but not on row 1 and column value in footer
Hi, I have seen some posts that are similar, but no one seems to have the problem that I am having. I will post my macro in this, for anyone that is interested. My users get a csv file every month, and we have to clean it up. This macro does that. My last issues are this: 1) having the spreadsheet create page breaks whenever the value in column B changes. Below is just that code. Code: col = 2 LastRw = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count For X = 2 To LastRw If Cells(X, col) <> Cells(X - 1, col) And Cells(X, col) <> Range("B1") Then ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.HPageBreaks...

Edit Find defaults to rows
Hi, Am looking for a way to change the default Edit-Find by rows and formulas to bu columns and values. Help text advises that columnar searches are more efficient; there MUST be a way to select that as default. Help, please. TIA Ken. Put this in the workbook_open event of your personal.xls: Private Sub Workbook_Open() On Error Resume Next n = Cells.Find("XYZ", searchorder:=xlByColumns).Row End Sub It will find nothing, but it will "set" the default finds to search by columns. Bob Umlas Excel MVP "Ken Schmidt" <kenschm@cs.com> wr...

Service Call Escalations
Hi, I am trying to get service call escalations to work so that an email is sent when an escalation is done. Please help with the steps required. I am using the vs10 fabrikam database. To date I have: 1. Setup a service call escalation - from status Entered to Dispatched assigned to technician NEIL. This technician has been setup to use service the items found under the equipment configuration for the equiment piece on the service call. The technician also has a schedule of 8am-5pm each day. An email address has been setup for this technician. 2. Created a service call and assigned it to...

Row Height variations from computer to computer on same workbook
I've been sent a workbook by a colleague and on his workbook, a specific row has a height of 13.8 (23 pixels) and on my machine it is 16.5 (22 pixels). Has anyone seen this before and what do we need to do to ensure that it's consistent from machine to machine? Thanks in advance, Barb Reinhardt Fix found. Display Control Panel -> Settings -> Advanced -> General -> DPI setting to Normal (96 DPI) Barb Reinhardt "Barb Reinhardt" wrote: > I've been sent a workbook by a colleague and on his workbook, a specific row >...

ISTEXT not working?
I'm trying to use 'ISTEXT' with 'SUM' but it doesn't seem to be working. Excel 2002 on Win2K. A worksheet I downloaded (from Microsoft) using the formula works fine, but when I try to use it in another sheet, it gives me 0. [C4] =SUM(IF(ISTEXT(C7:C43),1,0)) c7:c16 contain 'Ashley' c17:c43 contain nothing Anyone care to take a stab at this and figure out why it's not working? -- Amer Neely w: www.softouch.on.ca/ b: www.softouch.on.ca/blog/ Perl | MySQL programming for all data entry forms. "We make web sites work!" As a formula, your example...

GetSaveAsFilename not working in Excel 2003
I am having trouble with a macro that worked in Excel 2000 but will not work in Excel 2003. In 2000, this macro saves just the data portion but in 2003 it loops endlessly. I also have trouble with a few more macros. Is there a place where I can go to find variances between Excel 2000 VBA and 2003? Do answer = Application.GetSaveAsFilename(InitialFilename:="InitFile", FileFilter:="Text Files (*.txt), *.txt", Title:="SAP Upload File Name") Loop Until answer <> False Worksheets("sheet1").SaveAs filename:=answer Hi Is the complete...