Grouping data

Version: 2008

I want to group data: <br>
0
Marielle_van_Gils

It depends on the nature of the data & how you have it arranged. The first 2
options that come to mind is the Subtotals feature found in the Data menu as
well as the use of a Pivot Table.

See the following topics in Excel Help:

Add up totals for sales data
Analyze your data with PivotTable reports

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 2/1/10 4:04 AM, in article 59bb2035.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"Marielle_van_Gils@officeformac.com" <Marielle_van_Gils@officeformac.com>
wrote:

> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I want to group
> data:
> all transactions that took place in time intervals (per hour)
>
> How can I display the total number of all transactions per time interval?
>
> Thank you for your response!

0
CyberTaz

Getting charts to automatically pick data from a series
Can I get a chart to always use say the last 9 values of a series? Does excel also do interactive charts? Salmonh: Yes you can have Excel chart the last 9, 30 or whatever number of values that you would like. You'll need to use dynamic range names to do this. Here are several links that will get you started. http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Dynamic.htm http://processtrends.com/pg_chart_tips.htm#Dynamic_Chart_Range_Names http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html The idea is to create dynamic ranges that will update as you add data and ...

Recovery Storage Groups on seperate server
Environment - One Exchange 2003 Standard Server SP2 on Windows 2003 Server SP1 with one Storage Group - 4 databases under that storage group. Problem - Currently I am expermenting in our test environment with the use of Recovery Groups in an attempt to create a more timely DR process. Is there anyway to have the restored databases for a Recovery Storage Group on a seperate server from the original databases? In other words can you somehow point the recovery storage groups to something other than a local drive? I've attempted trying to point just using a mapped network drive, but rec...

PivotChart data labels
Is it possible to have data labels as a percentage on a pivotchart ? Hi, What kind of chart are you making - pie, line, bar, ....? What version of Excel are you using? You can add data labels to pivot chart by choose Chart, Chart Option, Data Labels. You can add a custom label by calculating the percent in the data range of the spreadsheet and then using the free download form http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm. However, everytime you refresh the pivot table the data labels will return to their defaults. This problem can be avoided by using a Pie chart. In which case ...

Calculat Median for each data group?
I have a table with the folling fields: REGION COMPETITOR BIN1 BIN2 BIN3 PRICE and I am using this function to calculate a median: Function MedianF(pTable As String, pfield As String) As Single Dim rs As Recordset Dim strSQL As String Dim n As Integer Dim sglHold As Single strSQL = "SELECT " & pfield & " from " & pTable & " WHERE " & pfield & ">0 Order by " & pfield & ";" Set rs = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset(strSQL) rs.MoveLast n = rs.RecordCount rs.Move -Int(n / 2) ...

Windows 7 Problem Looking for News Group Recommendation
Not an email problem but would like a recommendation for a good news group re Windows 7 Home Premium. "JohnR" <tooh@cox.net> wrote in message news:eJsb8nf7KHA.5644@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Not an email problem but would like a recommendation for a good news group > re Windows 7 Home Premium. If you are looking for an MS newsgroup then you are out of luck. There's an "Alt" group - full of idiots morons trolls and twits, or there's the new MS web-based forums here: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7 ...

MailMerge - merge with data in Excel
++Using Word&Excel 2000 on Windows 2000++ If I am doing a mail merge in Word with data in EXCEL, than Word supposes the first Excel-Row to contain the field-names and the following Excel-Rows contains the data Can I organize things in the other direction : - field-names in the first Column instead of Row - data in the next Columns instead of Rows My intention is to achieve a better navigation and better view upon the data, without using a form Is the impossible possible ? Thanks in advance - paul ...

Data Validation / Cell Entry
Hi Is there a way I can force a user to make an entry in a cell without using macros/code? EG: If the result of cell A1 = "XYZ" can I force them to make an entry in cell B1. ( If cell A1 = "" then no entry is required in B1). Hope that makes sense. Thanks Steve This won't force the user, but it will make it obvious. Format C1 in nice bold red letters and put a formula in that cell like: =if(and(a1="",b1<>""),"Please clear B1",if(a1="xyz",b1=""), "please put something in B1","") (...

Binary Data to CString ?
Hi guys, What's the best (preferred) way to fill a CString with binary data ? It would be great if the data didn't have to be null-terminated. Like this: BYTE* pBuffer; // buffer gets filled here (no null-terminater) // I can add null-terminater if I have to but would rather not CString strBuffer = Fill_It_Up(); // what do I do here ? myWindow.SetWindowText(strBuffer); Thanks. You HAVE to have a null terminator, there's no way around it. "Robert A." <invalid@invalid.org> wrote in message news:ueqbVluJEHA.2904@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi guys, > > W...

cross referenceing data in excel
I have two data sets in excel, each with the same unique id. I am trying to enrich the data from one data set with the other. Therefore if for example I have name and address details & the unique ID on one sheet AND I have say annual spend and unique ID on another sheet. I want to combine the data sets using the unique ID as the identifier and create one whole data set. ie. have one data set with unique ID, name & Address and spend on one sheet Can this be done? VLOOKUP can give you just what you wantSuppose we have a table of pet IDs, pet names and pet types starting in A...

Distribution/Security Group Address Issue
Several weeks ago, I noticed within active directory, there were two groups with the same name set up; one distribution and one security. Both had the same members. I deleted the distribution group and assigned the security group an email address which was the same as the old distribution group address. Now, in Outlook 2003, when you begin typing the name of the group, the option pops up, but when you send the message or click the plus-sign next to the name, you get the error "Cannot perform the requested operation. The command selected is not valid for this recipient. The operation f...

How do I paste to append instead of replace existing data?
You have to paste into the formula bar. Select the target cell, press F2 and then Ctrl-v. -- Jim "Joel Thomas" <Joel Thomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23323C34-7569-4E47-B29E-D981D385A04B@microsoft.com... | ...

Charting Filtered Data
I have an excel sheet that has a bunch of data imported to it from SQL Server 2k. I need to either pull all the relevant data from a date typed in by the user which that data returned will be used to build my charts, or find a way to build the chart from filtered data where the entire table is imported, but the user selects the data to filter on. (this idea is probably not a good idea as the table is already at 11k records and grows by roughly 20 records a day). -- BCullenward ------------------------------------------------------------------------ BCullenward's Profile: http://www....

trouble importing data by paste
I'm using MSP 2007 Std. I'm copying data from a Filemaker (database) screen and updating an MSProject file (with predefined tasks) by pasting it into the project. When the data is pasted, MSP is adding an extra line of data between the last and second to the last lines of data. So, in essence, it is inserting a task. I have no idea where this is coming from. I've experimented and the copied data goes cleanly into an Excel file and cleanly into a blank Project file. Any ideas? or workarounds? I don't have Filemaker to try this; but the way to figure out where...

Sample data error
When I try to double click on the Microsoft.Crm.DemoDataWizard.exe, I have got this error Application has generated an exception that could not be handled Process id=0x1318(4888), Thread id=0xe30(3632 Click ok to terminate the applicatio Click Cancel to debug the applicatio When I click debug, I hit another error: o debugger found Has anyone experience this before? Have I left out something? ...

external data #4
how do i read a txt file with names and query an internal webpage to find information about the person ...

find and replace data in a yes/no field
How do you find and replace a Yes/No field? I want to find all no entries and globally replace them with a yes entry. Any assistance is deeply appreciated. Write a query UPDATE MyTable SET MYyesno = Yes WHERE MYyesno = No; The where clause is unnecessary if every row has a value, since you'll be making them all True anyway. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "Frank" <fhsmith7@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:BvoPi.155$Q6.102@bignews7.bellsouth.net... > > How do you find and replace ...

importing data #2
Have reciently installed Outlook 2002 & do not know how to import data from current contact managment data base (Daytimer) ...

stumped on creating dependent data validation lists
I created 2 Data Validation lists with Indirect functions. On trying to use them in conjunction with a 3rd list, i realized my logic in trying to accomplish what i need had been flawed. The problem is that the 3rd list, which should be dependent on the 1st 2, changes location. That is, i have a very busy worksheet. In the main body of the worksheet, there are no empty rows and columns. But almost every cell needs to have dependent validation lists to select items from. The main body is from A13 to AW131. In the area E14 to Q131, I have the potential to need a dependent dropdown list i...

Where is data stored
When I create custom reports, I spend a lot of time finding the table where the data is stored. For instance, when a case is resolved, you can enter the amount of billable time used for the case. But in what table is the data stored? Is there an easy way to find where data is stored? Have you installed the Crystal Enhancement for CRM on your Crystal Reports workstation? This lets you connect to the CRM application and see the entities in a more organized way, which saves some hunting around. Other than that, it just takes some experimentation. Good luck, Matt Wittemann http://icu-...

How can collect data from multiple sheets in the same workbook?
Hello, I am trying to collect data from multiple sheet in a workbook. I want to summarize the data on a seperate for printing. rrok, Please post your workbook (or a sample if sensative data) - scroll down and see "Manage Attachments". -- stanleydgromjr ------------------------------------------------------------------------ stanleydgromjr's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=503 View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=154322 [url=&quot;http://www.thecodecage.com&quot;]Microsoft Office Help[/url...

Ignore table formatting when importing data using OLEDB
I am using Excel 2010. I want to write a macro in a 'consolidate' XLSM file that will query another selected XLSM file and import data from one of the range names in that file, into the 'consolidate' file. When the import occurs, it formats the imported table using the default Excel 2010 table style (see screenshot), however i don't want to format the cells - i just want to import raw data and leave the cells formatted as they are in the 'consolidate' XLSM file. The PreserveFormatting property has no impact, as the damage is already done once the query is added. ...

Convert Quickbooks data to Great Plains
My client has recently implemented Great Plains. They would like to convert all Quickbooks data (history, chart of accounts, gl information) into Great Plains. Any recommendations on tools to use? Thanks. C Integration Manager works but depending on what data they had in QB you most likely will have to modify some of the data and maybe export it to excel and add a couple more columns so that it will integrate sucessfully. I've done a few QB to GP conversions that way. "Clay Stapp" <Clay Stapp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6622EA51-6D73-42D0-B...

Data Validation Question
I want to be able to create a drop-down list (which I know how to do), but I want an error message to appear when a certain value is selected. For instance, let's say my list contains 3 choices: yes no maybe Whenever "no" is selected, I want an error message to appear. I can't figure out how to make a drop-down list AND create a error box using data validation. Also, I want an error message to appear no matter what value is selected. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Data validation supports showing a message when the cell is selected and when an invalid entry is...

Deleting ODBC data files relating to Access 2007
I had Office 2003 on my machine with some Access database files. The machine was reformatted and Office 2007 was installed. This caused some problems with the existing database files. I then created some using Access 2007. I then reverted back to 2003 and that made things worse. The bottom line is that Office 2007 has been reinstalled and I'm sticking with it. The problem is that there are a few ODBC data files that will not delete. I go to Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Data Sources (ODBC) Shortcut. The files will not delete. I'd appreciate any help or ...

Distribution Group email replies: Automatically get 'From' to show Group email address?
We have set up a distribution list in Exchange 2003 (support@companyname.com.au) so that several support staff receive these incomign emails from clients. We want our replies to those emails to look as if they come from that support@ email address again. In very old posts, from 2002 to 2004, the same question gas already been posed and the answer has been for the person replying to ***manually*** click the "From" button so they can choose the distribution group email address. Well its 2007 now. Has this situation been changed so that when replying to distribution list emails the dis...