Get Save As Filename Dialogue Box using Applescript

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

Does anyone here know the syntax for changing the starting location for the browser window in the dialogue box that pops up when you call the &quot;Get Filename Save As&quot; command in Applescript? <br><br>It would appear that it defaults to the folder that you last saved a spreadsheet in. I would like to pass a path into the command as a parameter using applescript but have not found an answer in any of the documentation.  <br><br>Thanks!
0
jhufford

--B_3345543813_5688595

On 1/5/10 12:26 PM, in article 59bb01eb.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"jhufford@officeformac.com" <jhufford@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Does anyone here know the syntax for changing the starting location for the
> browser window in the dialogue box that pops up when you call the "Get
> Filename Save As" command in Applescript?
>
> It would appear that it defaults to the folder that you last saved a
> spreadsheet in. I would like to pass a path into the command as a parameter
> using applescript but have not found an answer in any of the documentation.
>
> Thanks!
Yes it defaults to the last place a file was saved to or opened from. Try
passing the DIR command to set the current directory before issuing the
getsaveasfilename.  Be aware that there is a long time bug with
getsaveasfilename � if the user navigates to the file using the disclosure
arrows, an incorrect path will be returned. However, if the directory nodes
are instead double clicked, the path will be correct.

--
Bob Greenblatt [MVP], Macintosh
bobgreenblattATmsnDOTcom

--B_3345543813_5688595

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: Get Save As Filename Dialogue Box using Applescript</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Lucida Grande"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:10pt'>On 1/5/10 12:26 PM,=
 in article <a href=3D"59bb01eb.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0">59bb01eb.-1@webcro=
ssing.JaKIaxP2ac0</a>, &quot;<a href=3D"jhufford@officeformac.com">jhufford@of=
ficeformac.com</a>&quot; &lt;<a href=3D"jhufford@officeformac.com">jhufford@of=
ficeformac.com</a>&gt; wrote:<BR>
<BR>
</SPAN></FONT><BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Lucida Grande"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size=
:10pt'>Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processo=
r: Intel Does anyone here know the syntax for changing the starting location=
 for the browser window in the dialogue box that pops up when you call the &=
quot;Get Filename Save As&quot; command in Applescript? <BR>
<BR>
It would appear that it defaults to the folder that you last saved a spread=
sheet in. I would like to pass a path into the command as a parameter using =
applescript but have not found an answer in any of the documentation. &nbsp;=
<BR>
<BR>
Thanks!<BR>
</SPAN></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Lucida Grande"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-siz=
e:10pt'>Yes it defaults to the last place a file was saved to or opened from=
.. Try passing the DIR command to set the current directory before issuing th=
e getsaveasfilename. &nbsp;Be aware that there is a long time bug with getsa=
veasfilename &#8211; if the user navigates to the file using the disclosure =
arrows, an incorrect path will be returned. However, if the directory nodes =
are instead double clicked, the path will be correct.<BR>
</SPAN></FONT><FONT SIZE=3D"2"><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN S=
TYLE=3D'font-size:9pt'><BR>
-- <BR>
Bob Greenblatt [MVP], Macintosh<BR>
bobgreenblattATmsnDOTcom</SPAN></FONT></FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Lucida Grande"><SP=
AN STYLE=3D'font-size:10pt'><BR>
</SPAN></FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--B_3345543813_5688595--

0
Bob
1/5/2010 6:43:32 PM
Hi Bob, <br>
Thanks for the quick response and the heads up about the bug, I had not experienced it yet. I guess now my question is what is the DIR command? I didn't see a reference to it in the Applescript language guide. Is it in fact an applescript command?
0
jhufford

--B_3345550949_6163228

On 1/5/10 2:26 PM, in article 59bb01eb.1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"jhufford@officeformac.com" <jhufford@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Hi Bob,
> Thanks for the quick response and the heads up about the bug, I had not
> experienced it yet. I guess now my question is what is the DIR command? I
> didn't see a reference to it in the Applescript language guide. Is it in fact
> an applescript command?
It is an Excel command. I thought you were using �tell Microsoft Excel� If
so the DIR will set the current directory.

--
Bob Greenblatt [MVP], Macintosh
bobgreenblattATmsnDOTcom

--B_3345550949_6163228

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: Get Save As Filename Dialogue Box using Apple script</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Lucida Grande"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:10pt'>On 1/5/10 2:26 PM, =
in article <a href=3D"59bb01eb.1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0">59bb01eb.1@webcrossi=
ng.JaKIaxP2ac0</a>, &quot;<a href=3D"jhufford@officeformac.com">jhufford@offic=
eformac.com</a>&quot; &lt;<a href=3D"jhufford@officeformac.com">jhufford@offic=
eformac.com</a>&gt; wrote:<BR>
<BR>
</SPAN></FONT><BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Lucida Grande"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size=
:10pt'>Hi Bob, <BR>
Thanks for the quick response and the heads up about the bug, I had not exp=
erienced it yet. I guess now my question is what is the DIR command? I didn'=
t see a reference to it in the Applescript language guide. Is it in fact an =
applescript command?<BR>
</SPAN></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Lucida Grande"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-siz=
e:10pt'>It is an Excel command. I thought you were using &#8220;tell Microso=
ft Excel&#8221; If so the DIR will set the current directory.<BR>
</SPAN></FONT><FONT SIZE=3D"2"><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN S=
TYLE=3D'font-size:9pt'><BR>
-- <BR>
Bob Greenblatt [MVP], Macintosh<BR>
bobgreenblattATmsnDOTcom</SPAN></FONT></FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Lucida Grande"><SP=
AN STYLE=3D'font-size:10pt'><BR>
</SPAN></FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--B_3345550949_6163228--

0
Bob
1/5/2010 8:42:29 PM
Hi Bob,  <br>
0
jhufford

How can I get 32-bit Integers?

Errors saving to network drive

INTERNET MILLION DOLLARS
INTERNET MILLION DOLLARS - www.InternetMillionDollars.biz Watch the VIDEO on YOUTUBE... NOW! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXQUjk5EGV0 MAKE MONEY INSTANTLY using 2007 featured INTERNET MILLION DOLLARS as a resource. WORK FROM HOME HOMEBASED JOBS AND IDEAS BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY Professor James Bradley's "Quick and real way to make BIG MONEY on the Internet!" The Independent Finally you have FOUND IT! Make a FORTUNE each month... .... every month! 100% ON AUTOPILOT Read it NOW and CHANGE YOUR LIFE! Are you fed up with being short of MONEY all the time? Do you DREAM about a...

Using scanner in Word97

Saving toolbar changes

Using later version of microsoft access

can I snap wrap points to a text box

Using Company Wide Mail Templates.

getting started
I'm installing office 2003, outlook, I'm lost from server type to URL address to server info? I have sbc yahoo dsl. can you help me? damselindistress <damselindistress@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm installing office 2003, outlook, I'm lost from server type to URL > address to server info? I have sbc yahoo dsl. can you help me? When you obtained your packet from SBC, they included all that information. Moreover, it's in the Help section of SBC Yahoo's site. The most likely settings are "pop.sbcglobal.yahoo.com" for the incoming serv...

how do you get a landscape page?
Please help, desperate! If you are using 2010, Page Design tab, Size, More pre-set page sizes. Letter landscape is the first choice. In all other Publisher versions landscape will be on the page setup screen found in the File menu. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "becky.x" <becky.x@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25D3EDBC-93EF-4582-94B2-83C9CE121E17@microsoft.com... > Please help, desperate! ...

Dynamic Range Selection Using VBA

Publisher can not save file

Saving #5
Is there a way of speeding up saves in excel or a way to condense the size of a workbook. Jason, This link can help with the size issue... http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlfaqApp.html#Unused Item 2d is the one you want. Regards, Jim Cone San Francisco, USA "Jason Zischke" <JasonZischke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18CCEA1F-2479-4ED9-A5F6-21B781D0F403@microsoft.com... > Is there a way of speeding up saves in excel or a way to condense the size of > a workbook. ...

Using Publisher 200 with Publisher 2003

Refreshing list boxes
Hi, I have created a database so that mulpile users can add detailss to the table - tblDetails from the form frmDetails or amend details in form frmAmend. I have a list box on the main page frmMain which has a list box lstSearch which shows all the records in the database. When users add new record to the database other users cannot see the added records unless the move to another section in the datbase and the return to the main page thus refreshing the list box. Can anyone tell me if there is a way I can put a "Refresh" button on the main page that updated the list box if the use...

Saving document downloaded from email
I downloaded a word 2007 document from a windows mail email yesterday by double clicking on it and opening in word 2007. I then worked on the document and clicked "save". Today I cannot find the document on the computer, it seems that it has not saved. Can anyone explain what has gone wrong? Thanks Catherine If you use Word and Outlook 2007 this should no longer happen as the combination does not allow you to save to a temporary location With other e-mail applications, it is anyone's guess what might occur. You should never open Word attachments directly from e-m...

How do I save a header?
I need to permanently save a header and it will never save once I open up a new file. Any suggestions? Try a look in the Excel Help under 'Create a Template'. Saving the header in the template should mean each time you open that template the header will be there. Regards, Tom "Global10" wrote: > I need to permanently save a header and it will never save once I open up a > new file. Any suggestions? Open a new workbook. Customize as you wish including your print settings.........group the sheets before setup so's all sheets get same Heade...

Saving Pictures
I read all the info on the forum about saving pictures but when I open Power Poing, I don't get the usual buttons at the top. It opens to a page layout with Home, Insert, Page layout and so on. When I try to open the email just to see what files are in it, it shows the slide show. -- Gary So, first save it to your hard drive. Then open PowerPoint Then Open the file within PPT "skydiver9696" <skydiver9696@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 396594B0-40D7-4D7F-A560-6F93662A8D57@microsoft.com... >I read all the info on the forum abou...

Result in message box
HI, this is second time iam posting this ,,kindly help me a form contains button which runs a query like select count(field1) from table t1 ... then normally we will get a spread sheet window containing result in a single cell, let say answer is 85. now when command button is clicked then a message box should appear displaying the result 85.. please give coding also if required..... thanks naveen prasad wrote: > HI, > this is second time iam posting this ,,kindly help me > What was wrong with the reply you've already received? Please reply in your origina...

How to use different return email addresses
I use outlook 98. I have a mailbox with three aliases. People sending me emails can use any of the three email aliases and the email will arrive in the same mailbox. Accessing the mailbox once will retrieve all messages regardless of which alias was used. If I reply to these emails though, I want the recipient to think that the email has come from the alias that they originally used. What outlook always seems to do is use the email address of the service that is listed first in Tools->Services->Delivery. Is there any way Outlook can be set up so when I reply to a given email, my email ...