Excel: Open Recent Files - List does not change

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

0
juanm

In article <59bb169a.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0>,
 juanm@officeformac.com wrote:

> Version: 2008
> Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
> Processor: Intel
>
> I can't get the list to change. It continues to list the same 10 files all
> the time.  <br><br>If I delete the Microsoft Preferences file, i.e.
> com.microsoft.Excel.plist, the next time I start up Excel, the same 10 files
> are there. <br><br>If I open several new files, they initially get added to
> the list. However, once again, once I re-start Excel, the original 10 files
> are still there. <br><br>If I turn off the recently opened list in the Excel
> General preferences, delete the Excel preferences file and the open Excel and
> recheck the Show recently opened files in the Excel General preferences, the
> same original 10 files are there in the list again. <br><br>Excel is
> haunted??????

Recent files are stored in the

   com.microsoft.office.plist

file, not the Excel preferences.

Sounds like that may have been corrupted. Try deleting it. But make sure
ALL Office apps are closed first (just as you must have Excel closed
when you delete the Excel preferences, or Excel will just write the bad
prefs back to the new pref file).
0
JE
1/23/2010 3:29:40 AM
0
juanm

Looking for Excel Help

New to excel

Maximum file sizes

Cannot Open 2000 Money Backup
My hard drive crashed and had to be replaced. I tried to open my Money Backup and it says I need the MBF and takes me to a site on the Internet. Can anyone help open this? In microsoft.public.money, Kate wrote: >My hard drive crashed and had to be replaced. I tried to open my Money >Backup and it says I need the MBF and takes me to a site on the Internet. >Can anyone help open this? Be sure that your Money and backup files are moved to a spot that you will have full privileges to, such as Documents/MyDocuments. If they are in a place like ProgramFiles, Vista will create...

owa cant open ppt attachments

File size #11

Vlookup return most recent date (value)
Hello, I have a set of data where Column A contains an personal ID# (001). Column B contains a timestamp. My table has multiple entries for each ID# and different timestamps for each entry. I want to use a vlookup to find the MOST RECENT timestamp for EACH ID. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ryan With your data in ColA/B and the query ID in cell C1 try the below =SUMPRODUCT(MAX(($A$2:$A$100=C1)*$B$2:$B$100)) -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "ryanholliday" wrote: > Hello, > > I have a set of data where Column A contains an personal I...

find action on log file

Linking files 2 ways

How to repair a .dll file in IE8

Using Relative path for XML data file?