Excel and entering text in cells

Version: 2004
Processor: Intel

Hi <br>
I need to use excel in the following way. I'll have two columns (say A and B) Column A will contain only text, but can contain quite a bit of text. I hav noticed that if I format the cells in A to use &quot;text&quot; the cells will only display about 300 characters before I get the #####. However if I set the format to &quot;General&quot; the cell will dipslay much more text, however, regardless of the size of the cell at a certain point the cell does not display all text unless I am actually in the cell - i.e it pops up the content and you can see all the text. This behaviour happens even if the cell is most certainly larger in size than the text in the cell. <br><br>All in all excel and text seems to be very difficult. I realize excel is not word and you cant expect the same amount of functions. But text behaves odd and the built in help doesnt really give any answers ( that i could find). I hope someone can help me understand excel's &quot;text&quot; capabilities. <br><br>Thanks
0
consiglieri

Hi <br>
Juts realized one can do text boxes in excel. But can one create a textbox that is anchored to a particular cell so that when the text box expands to accommodate text the cell also expands?
0
consiglieri
11/1/2009 10:11:28 AM
0
qryn
11/1/2009 10:23:28 AM
> Why do you need so much text in Column A?  Surely just the name of the item <br>
> would be sufficient, and its price. <br>
The reason I need so much text is that I have to write a specified bill (kind of) and it has to contain all of the different items and things I have done under certain specific moments. <br>
thanks
0
consiglieri
11/1/2009 11:08:06 AM
> Have you tried the option: Format Cells &amp;gt; Text &amp;gt; Alignment &amp;gt; Warp text... <br>
> If this does not do it for you there are some more options there that may help you... <br>
> Good luck <br><br>Yes simply wrapping does not do the trick
0
consiglieri

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

Looking for Excel Help

New to excel

default values in a cell

learning Excel #3

Excel VBA

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

Is there a way to cut off unused cells on a sheet
It seems there are an infinite number of cells on a sheet. As I really dont have much info to enter on each sheet I was hoping there was a way I could somehow cut off all the extra stuff to the sides and bottoms. It is a hassle because everytime I scroll, it will scroll off the side or bottom way past what I was looking for. Thanks! A manual way is to goto the last used row and delete all rows below. Do the same with columns. SAVE -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "newbie" <newbie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:469AABE7-8D17-4B72-91C1-...

Automatically copy input from one cell to another
After I enter a value in one cell, how can I have it automatically enter it into another cell, within the same worksheet, or into a different worksheet. Thanks, Tom picktr@wowway.co -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you enter the value in A1 of sheet1, put this in the other cell in sheet1: =A1 or in another worksheet: =Sheet1!A1 In article <picktr.15c6uy@excelforum-nospam.com>, picktr <<picktr.15c6uy@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: > After I enter a value in one cell, how can > I have it automatically enter it into another cell...

Q:Excel/ODBC/Login ....
Hi' there ! My situation is this; My customer have a hole bunch of different Excel workbooks - with VB code inside. In this VB code the user/pwd to the ODBC connection is hardcoded. This hardcoding is not approved by audit. Is there any smart way (opposed the insert a login-dialogbox in each of those workbooks) - to solve this problem? What I thought of, is to make a button on my menubar to etablish the ODBC connection and regardless of wich workbook I open - hold this connection open. But somethins tells me, that the code should beplaced in a workbook - and not directly in Excel...

How do I find the Data Analysis Plus toolpak for excel
does anyone know where I could find the data analysis plus toolpak. opher32 - > does anyone know where I could find the data analysis plus toolpak. < Start by looking on the CD that was in the back of the textbook. - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com ...