excel 2004 column sorting

Version: 2004
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: Intel

li4fan2
0
li4fan2

Excel Conditional Formula Problem
undefined::undefined::undefined I'm modeling the development of a 57 unit housing project, and need t determine the number of units under construction in any given month The inputs are as follows: C7: Total Units 57 C8: Unit Construction Start Month: 2 C9: Unit Construction Starts per Month: 2 C10: Unit Construction Cycle (months): 5 Row 48 contains the number of housing starts by month. There are 3 columns, which represent the total months in the project. I've writte a formula which indicates the number of housing starts per month. C4 through AL46...

2004 vs 2006 handling of "Server price update problem"
You know when the server doesn't update the prices in your copy of Money, but the prices ARE available elsewhere/ the next day at MSN ? ( Like last night) NORMALLY , in M2004 that night I can see the "price change column" is correct but the price was not updated, and I do it manually ( like I just did) So for Fidelity Low Priced Stock I change see that it went up by $0.07 and since it WAS 41.74, I know the new price is $41.81 so I update it and all the other funds too. ( BTW when I need to do this, prior to starting Money, I change the date on my PC back to "yesterd...

open 2003 db in 2007
i have a database created in a previous version of access and i have opened it in 2007. i want to export a report to excel, but the excel option is greyed out. what is wrong? xin wrote: >i have a database created in a previous version of access and i have opened >it in 2007. i want to export a report to excel, but the excel option is >greyed out. what is wrong? I think they removed that capability because it caused so much trouble or only worked in very specific circumstances. The solution to your problem is the same as it was in earlier versions: Export the report's rec...

Excel>Data>Import External Data>New Web query #2
Hi I am trying to use Excel 2003 to import data from http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/quotes/default.asp?refresh=on&rand=8519 I use new web query on the above url. I select the data in the block under 'My Favourite Quotes' The wizard behaves as expected but only returns 1 line not the 3 that have been selected. Can someone please give me some pointers on how I can get the 3 lines. Thanks Bruce Try yahoo instead or go here and get my FREE excel file for quotes or history. Look for donaldb36 as author. xltraders@yahoogroups.com -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@...

My pictures appear to be hidden on my Excel spreadsheet.
I created a spreadsheet with pictures in Excel 2003. My computer has been upgrade to Excel 2007. Now when I open my spreadsheet the pictures I had added do not appear. I know they are still there because they appear on Print Preview and the Picture Tools menu appears. They just seem to be invisible, which is hard because I can work with them. Try using the Find and Select button on the home tab of the ribbon. If you select Selection Pane (on the bottom of the menu) you can see all of the object and thier visibility status. If your pictures don't have the eyeball symb...

Office upgrade -- 2004-2008
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel I'm thinking about purchasing the Mac Office upgrade (2008) for my father's upcoming birthday. He and my mother presently use Office 2004 on their iMac. The question I have is in relation to the changes made to Office 2008. Does anyone know if they are similar to the massive changes made to Microsoft Office on the Windows side (with the release of Office 2007)? Meaning, my parents are a little bit older and a little bit more set in their ways. I'm not sure they want to be forced to learn new ribbons, new butt...

Excel window visible!
Can someone tell me why do I see the Excel Window(without the sheet)at the execution of my script that read the first line third column ofa specific sheet? This script run's under XP on my local machine. Hereis my code: Set app = CreateObject("Excel.Application") app.ScreenUpdating = False app.Application.EnableEvents = False app.Visible = False Set Workbook = app.Workbooks.Open("D:\Robert\DOCUMENT\XLS \ClasseurDoc.xls") app.Application.EnableEvents = False app.ScreenUpdating = False app.Visible = False app.Sheets("DAILY").Select intRow =...

How do I set up a financial planner using Microsoft excel?
How do I set up a financial planner using Microsoft excel? What have you done so far? Is there a specific problem that you need help with? R1_4Life wrote: > How do I set up a financial planner using Microsoft excel? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

How do you work the Excel timeline template?
I've downloaded the timeline template from Excel off the MS web page. I do not know what they mean to change the dates. Probably they mean for you to enter your own dates in place of the example's dates. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "betsy" <betsy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E57933C-7F75-4E8A-B8C5-ACAF36CA2F4D@microsoft.com... > I've downloaded the timeline template from Excel off the MS web page. I do > not know what they me...

Sort Parameters
I have a list of different titles, some with words like "the" at the front and I cant figure out how or if its possible to sort the list alphabetically with out Excel picking up those words as the primary word to sort by. Is it possible to make excel ignore those words when sorting? And if so how? Thanks! To remove "The" as the first word in a helper column to be sorted A2: 'The Cat and the Cradle B2: =IF(LEFT(UPPER(A1),4) = "THE ",MID(A1,5,200),A1) --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: ...

many sort criteria for one group in access report
Within one group I have, let's say, a return that starts with "A" and "B and "C". if the value starts with "A" I want to sort by field [x] if it starts with "B" sort by field [y]... etc. ...

excel review bar
The review bar in Excel has vanished! Its not in the drop-down options in the toolbar menu where it usually is! How can i get it back? View -> Toolbars then check reviewing -- Gary's Student "broke" wrote: > The review bar in Excel has vanished! Its not in the drop-down options in the > toolbar menu where it usually is! How can i get it back? Idiot, read the question... It aint there! Anyway ive sorted it now! "Gary's Student" wrote: > View -> Toolbars > then check reviewing > -- > Gary's Student > > > "broke&qu...

Where to go for Word and Excel?
Newsgroups that I've used for years have disappeared from the news.microsoft.com server. Where does one go now for questions about these and other Office applications? I know this isn't relevant to this newsgroup, but hoping someone can tell me something. TIA LAS On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 12:56:47 -0400, "Laurel" <FakeMail@Hotmail.com> wrote: � Newsgroups that I've used for years have disappeared from the � news.microsoft.com server. Where does one go now for questions about these � and other Office applications? I know this isn't relevant ...

Can I change the "white cross" cursor in Excel to another cursor?
I don't particularly care for the "white cross" cursor in Excel. Can it be changed to another cursor? Not an option that anyone has been able to alter as far as I can recall. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 3 May 2005 10:23:01 -0700, "KFEagle" <KFEagle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I don't particularly care for the "white cross" cursor in Excel. Can it be >changed to another cursor? ...

Exporting from Smartlist to Excel error
I need to export records from a Smartlist into Excel. There are approximately 3800 records and everytime I try I get the following error: "Unhandled object exception:Call was rejected by callee" Any ideas what this error means?? I have searched this list, the Microsoft site and even Googled the error and have had no luck figuring out what this message means or how to fix it. Others users also have gotten this error when exporting large amounts of data into Excel. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Dawn Hi, Dawn! I know some of my users occasionally get a err...

automatically close excel
is it possible to automatically close excel after no changes have been made for a certain time? thanks in advance Patrick Patrick, From a previous post............ If you want, I can send you a workbook with the code. John <snip> Upon opening the workbook, start a timer to detect activity. Close Workbook after a certain time of inactivity. Original code was found in Google from Tom Ogilvy. Modified code per OP request to bring up a UserForm alerting the user that their time had elapsed and if they chose to continue, the timer would restart and they could continue working else the...

Input calculation in specified rows and columns
Sub Inspectthis() Dim F As String Dim I As Integer Dim PrevRow As Long Dim R As Long Dim Rng As Range Dim RngEnd As Range Dim SumArray As Variant Dim Wks As Worksheet Set Wks = Worksheets("Sheet1") SumArray = Array("O", "R", "U", "X", "AA", "AD", "AG") Set Rng = Wks.Range("A2") Set RngEnd = Wks.Cells(Rows.Count, Rng.Column).End(xlUp) Set Rng = IIf(RngEnd.Row < Rng.Row, Rng, Wks.Range(Rng, RngEnd)) PrevRow = 2 For R = 2 To Rng.Rows.Count If Rng.Item(R) = "Renovation"...

hidden value in each cell or in each row in Excel
hi, I need to store a two information in one cell with one value as hidden ,kindly reply if any one know the way without creating hidden rows or columns or worksheet The need is to store two information in one cell,with one value in display ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Using comments is one option. >-----Original Message----- >hi, > >I need to store a two information in one cell with one value as hidden >,kindly reply if any one kn...

Outlook 2003 calendar events into Excel 2003?
Hello, I would like an Excel sheet that grabs my calendar events (i.e. to have a list of my Outlook calendar events, such as people's Birthday's, in an Excel sheet and updates whenever you open up the Excel sheet. A lookup formula would be useful as I already have a list of the year's dates with my hours worked, sunrise and last's average temperatures for each day. Is this possible in some way? Kol Kolin, I have posted an example of how to navigate the Outlook Object Model to: http://www.Galimi.com/Examples/Outlook.xls http://HelpExcel.com "Kolin Tregaskes&...

Export Data from B-Trieve to EXCEL
I am upgrading Great Plains from 4.0 to version 9.0. The current data is in B-Trieve version. Is there any way that instead of Migrating data from B-Trieve to SQL, I export data from B-Trieve to Excel and then import it in SQL via integration manager. Any help in exporting the data from B-Trieve to Excel would be highly appreicated. Thanks It's possible to export from Btrieve to Excel. GP used to provide a DDF creator that would enable you to create the five DDF files that would give you access to your data via ODBC. But, are you planning on exporting each file to Excel and then...

Excel file locked by user/process problem
Hi all, I need help! We have a shared Excel file on the network. The las person who worked on it on Saturday says he closed the file properl and everything was fine. However, today, Excel keeps saying that he' in it. I've asked him to reboot his computer. I've searched fo temporary files in the folder where the file resides. Still couldn' find anything. I tried deleting it with DOS and it still doesn't le me because it says "The file is in use." I don't care who's using i now. I just want to terminate the process and delete the file. I was going t...

How do I convert rows into columns?
J C's Generator Starter & Alternator Co 1160 Providence Rd Scranton, PA 18508 570-347-0861 A J's Auto Clinic 1430 Main Ave Ste Rear Scranton, PA 18508 570-343-7828 AUTO REPAIR Aamco Transmissions 1230 Keyser Ave Scranton, PA 18504 570-969-1940 AUTO REPAIR "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F66082C-9DBE-42BE-B02C-B96805172660@microsoft.com... >J C's Generator Starter & Alternator Co > 1160 Providence Rd > Scranton, PA 18508 > 570-347-0861 > > > A J's Auto Clinic > 1430 Ma...

Sorting #7
I am trying to sort column 1-C-2 5-B-1 10-A-6 How can I sort and get 1-C-2 to show before 10-A-6. 10 is sorting ahead of 1 Thanks joey :rolleyes: :rolleyes: -- joey5 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ joey5's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25541 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=389770 I'd insert 3 additional columns to the right of that column. Then select your column and do: data|text to columns choose delimited (by dash) and plop it into those 3 new columns. Then...

Hyperlinks and sorting data
I have two sheets in my Excel 2003 workbook. On both sheets column A contains a hyperlink in each cell that will jump to the next sheet of that same cell. For example, if the user clicks on A3 of sheet 1 the hyperlink will take them to sheet 2 cell A3. Sheet 2 is set up the same way with hyperlinks. The problem I ran into is if I sort the data - columns A thru D, on sheet 1 - the hyperlinks won't work on sheet 2 because the cell reference changes on sheet 1 when I sort the data. Is it possible to create a hyperlink or something in Excel that matches text and will jump back and ...

All spreadsheets keep hiding first few columns
I have a load of excel spreadsheets. They used to open fine. Now, whenever I open any of the them they always hide the first fe columns and I have to unhide them. Any idea why? I am using a mac powerbook and office '98. Cheers Jame -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Two possiblities that I can think of: 1) You have an Auto_Open or Workbook_Open macro in your workbooks that hide the columns. Unlikely since you have many of them. 2) You saved the workbooks as a workspace in which the columns are hidden. If neither of these are the problem, feel free to send one of ...