Deleted File Drop down Menu from Menu Bar

Version: 2008

John
0
Gofast

Hi John;

Resetting the *toolbars* won't help unless you click on [highlight] the name
of the bar you want to reset before clicking the Reset button. The button
doesn't do a global reset of all bars. If that doesn't correct it go to
Commands page of that same dialog, scroll down in the list of Categories &
select Built-In Menus. Then drag File from the Commands list to its rightful
place on the proxy menu bar to restore the original File Menu.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 11/30/09 2:40 PM, in article 59badd8e.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"Gofast@officeformac.com" <Gofast@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Hi,
>
> While customizing I deleted my file drop down menu accidentally.  I've tried
> resetting my tool bars several times but with no results.  Can someone suggest
> the commands needed to address this problem?
>
> Thanks for the help
> John

0
CyberTaz
11/30/2009 11:50:38 PM
Thanks <br><br>Problem Solved!
0
Gofast
12/1/2009 6:04:37 PM
Most definitely welcome... Thanks for confirming!

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 12/1/09 1:04 PM, in article 59badd8e.1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"Gofast@officeformac.com" <Gofast@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Thanks
>
> Problem Solved!

0
CyberTaz

quick way to combine 2 files?
If you have two excel files, both of which have 3 or 4 worksheets that are all used in lookup routines etc etc, is there an easy way to combine the two into a single file, as I think it won't work just by copying and pasting individual worksheets over in their entirety tks in advance LeeH Lee, With both workbooks open, group the sheets of one workbook (using Ctrl clicks on the tabs) then right click and select Move or Copy and then move them into the other workbook. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Lee Harris web" <lee.harris4@virgin.net> wrote in message news:32c0bd8d.04012...

How do I convert .txt files into .xls in order to be able to sum.
I receive via e-mail a statement that I need to resort by date , purchase order and total by department, etc. The process I have been using is to copy and paste into Excel. However, when I try to sum the $ is will not sum. Is there some other way of converting this statement that I receive via e-mail into Excel, so that I can resort and sum? I am using Excel 2002 and my e-mail browser is Mozilla. You might be able to use File-->Open, and then let the Text Import Wizard help. Otherwise, you could use the "data isn't recognized" fix here: http://www.officearticles.co...

Excel Worksheet menu bars customizing for limiting users to optio.
Customizing Excel worksheet menu bar for limiting users to the options provided in that menu Hi Jim Look also at the links to MS pages on the bottom of this page http://www.rondebruin.com/menuid.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "jim" <jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8009001-5F5A-4415-9527-34C71D8DF1DB@microsoft.com... > Customizing Excel worksheet menu bar for limiting users to the options > provided in that menu ...

How to read .pst file?
Supposed I have a .pst file that contains mails in Inbox folder. How can I write a program to read the those mails? The program must read from the .pst file without Outlook start-up. Any clue? See my answer in the Exchange newsgroup thread. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginners Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm "Roger" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:315C7206-100C-416E-88BF-976949AEDE90@microsoft.com....

Excel VBA
I have created a custom menu bar..a section of the code below...but d not know how to create a 2nd level to look like the example below. Period > Month > Current Year (action) Any suggestions. Thanks. ' Add a new menu Set NewMenu = NewMenuBar.Controls.Add _ (Type:=msoControlPopup) NewMenu.Caption = "&Period" ' Add a new menu item Set NewItem = NewMenu.Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlButton) With NewItem .Caption = "&By Month" .OnAction = "Main" End Wit -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You should find your answer here (...

error when deleting mailbox in exchange 55
Hi, i am having problems when trying to delete a mailbox in my exch 55. i receive the error c1040af4. does anybody know how to solve it? ...

"a document with the name" error on opening file
I'm getting an error message that says "A documents with the name " & filename & " is already open" (where filename is the actual name of the file) when I try to open certain files in Excel 97, when I don't really have a copy of the file in question opens. This error comes up pretty consistantly on one file that lives on a server, but I also get it when I try to open some local files. Anyone have any idea what would cause this & how to fix it? Thanks in advance. Best Jim Hi Jim have a look at: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen ...

drag and drop problem with cell references
i have a cell with a formula in one worksheet that references another cell. the formula looks like this: =IF((ISBLANK('Draft'!$D25)),"",'Draft'!$D25) where 'draft' is another worksheet in my workbook. the formula works fine, it looks empty if there is nothing in the referenced cell('Draft'!$D25), otherwise it mirrors the content of that cell. If i type something in the referenced cell('Draft'!$D25), it still works great. But if i drag something to the referenced cell than the formula gets screwed up and replaces the $D25, with #ref. I am gue...

File in 2007 form
I was trying the Beta Office 2007 and made the mistake of saving one of you Excel file in the new 2007 form. I really need it back in the 2003 form. Problem: due to a variety of issues, I de-installed the Beta version and went back to 2003 but for got about the one file.. So; are there any utilities that anyone knows of the will convert this file back two 2003 form?? It is a simple Excel file, meaning that there are no clever or fancy formula or macros, just a collection of parts and part numbers gathered over MUCH time surfing various web sites. Any help or advise (beside the obvious....

Set of Dialogs -Delete Any Dialog at Runtime-Organize Pos
Hai I Have set of Dialogs created a Runtime and those are placed sequentially in a postion by using SetWindowPos and now i want to delete a Dialog using close button associated with that Dialog which is placed at a Position the Dialog Order shoulnd rearrange automatically and is there any way to do that Thanks and Regards Mike SetWindowPos. Uusually if you have a set of dialogs there is an application window of some sort associated with the application. What I would do is have the dialog's close handler post a message indicating the dialog had closed, then...

My Account Settings, Icons, Files are "Missing"
Recently, I booted up and discovered that my personalized icons (under my account) had disappeared from the desktop. The Account Name is "Gilxxx" but my data is under "Curxxx" When I looked closer, I was able to see the directory structure in my "Documents and Settings" folders, but none of the files. The files are there, however, as I can play MP3s in Windows Media Player (and they are in my My Music directory). And, when I tried to add new desktop icons to "re-create" my old desktop, Windows tells me that a shortcut with that name alread...

word attachments on e-mail, docx files, recipient unable to open
I have been sending e-mails as I always have and attaching them in the way I always have, all of a sudden word documents are coming up as docx files and the recipients cannot open them, I have only recently gone onto Vista and microsoft offoce 2007. This has only happened recently with new docs that I have created on the new system. It is frustrating my customers and my hair is now falling out. Please help! That's because Word 2007 saves documents in a new format, .docx, unless told to do otherwise. There are two solutions: 1. Do a "Save As" and save documents in Word 97-...

Deleting a store from HQ #2
We have a customer that bought a 24 store HQ license and set up 25 stores, and now his HQ won't work because he has to many stores. How would I go about deleting a store to fix this situation? Any help would be appreciated. LAllison wrote: > We have a customer that bought a 24 store HQ license and set up 25 stores, > and now his HQ won't work because he has to many stores. How would I go > about deleting a store to fix this situation? Any help would be appreciated. You can delete the 25° stores from databases via sql .. cod How would I delete just one of them?...

Problem cleaning up temporary files.
This isn't MFC specific so I apologize. I just like the information provided by the regular members of this group. I have an application that has a Rich Edit control. Next to the Rich Edit control is a Print button. To avoid all the details of printing, I decided to save the contents of the control to a RTF file, then do ShellExecuteEx("blahblah.rtf", "print", ...). This works fine. But, I sure would like to remove these temporary files. But I am finding that to be a tricky problem to solve. At first, I thought I would wait for the process started to end. Bu...

Virus in .mmd file
Hello, I speek english not well....I know. My anti-virus (norton) find a virus in a .MMD file stored in following folder : C:\Program Files\Microsoft BackOffice\Connectivity\POP3 Connector\InForward\ But the antivirus cannot access to this file, how i can remove this file ??? Thanks Configure NAV to exclude any data directories of Exchange (and other server products), otherwise file-level antivirus might damage databases. Then, in order to protect yourself from viruses, get Exchange-aware antivirus. J�r�my taverne wrote: > Hello, > > I speek english not well....I k...

Recovering a mailbox from a deleted storage group
The lawyers are on my back ... They want a copy of one of my user's mailbox from a year ago ... The problem is, I have moved all the mailboxes to new stores and new storage groups a couple of months ago ... the user still exists ... can anyone point me to a reference that can help me (especially one that can get me out of this ...) oh yeah , exchange 2003/sp1 thanks Mike p.s. we are going to purchase a journaling solution so that we are not bothered with this in the future ...(and we are making the lawyers pay for it ..) Do you have backups? Try creating a new Storage Group wit...

Publisher File formats
I need to send file in a tif or jpeg format but when I save the file I still get the pub extension after the .tif' Can I not save in anything but pub? Thanks Ray, It would help us to answer your question if you told us which version of Publisher you are using. -- JoAnn Two things are aesthetically perfect in the world - the clock and the cat. --Emile-August Chartier "Ray" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:006101c3dc62$7649ce40$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I need to send file in a tif or jpeg format but when I > save the f...

dc as a file server
is it bad practice to have your dc as a file server as well. 100 people or less. One dc is Exchange and the other is the file server. Just wondering if I should put a member server in and move the file server over to that one? any thoughts appreciated. Not necessarily. This is common for branch offices to use the DC as the office file server also hth DDS "joe schmo" <joeschmo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3332409F-9184-4A3F-9DB3-1E8B57591C08@microsoft.com... > is it bad practice to have your dc as a file server as well. 100 peo...

overlaping dates in two files
MS Money 2001 deluxe on Windows XP Pro I archived my 2004 accounts and never balanced them. I decided i needed to and now have two files, both .mny files with 2003Archive.mny is from 1/2002 to 12/2004 Active2005.mny is from 1/2004 to present. I'd like to combine them into one file so I can balance the accounts (three main accounts) because my statements are not ending nicely on the end of the month. Please recommend the best method so I can balance the accounts. I think I need to conbine the files or somehow get the months that are now balanced in the 2003Archive.mny file to give...

Email deletion over X amount of time for subfolders
I'm trying to configure the mailbox manager so it cleans out everyone's mailbox once a week for emails that are over a year old. I had no problem with cleaning out the Inbox, but none of the emails in the subfolders are deleted. I selected 'All Other Mail Folders' option, but that didn't work. Anyone know how to go about doing this or having this same problem? Thanks, John ...

tail or other realtime monitors for SMTPSVC exyymmdd.log files?
I'm trying to find an inexpensive way to spot-check / monitor the various log files in realtime for my Exchange environment of 2000 and 2003. I have tried a handful of "tail" implementations and all of them seem to work to a certain degree but none of them are able to successfully keep monitoring the text files that Exchange updates as part of the SMTPSVC. I'm using the W3C format and when I "tail" these files, it won't keep updating properly as new data is appended to the end of this file. Is anyone else monitoring their logs in realtime and if so, what util...

How do I delete a selection w/o having to confirm my deletion?
I keep getting a "Delete Yes/No" prompt on my task bar after highlighting text and then hitting the delete button. I then have to hit the Y key to tell it yes, I do want this deleted. It's an irritating extra step. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/UnableToDeleteText.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "ChiTown Reenie" <ChiTown Reenie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8551E9A4-251E-4E65-A646-B8389DFB956F@microsoft.com... >I keep getting a "Del...

File Attachment Problem
I have got the file attachment problem since we implemented the dynamics CRM 4.0. So i will be glad if you advise me a way to solve this problem. sincerally ...

Shrinking a Money File
I just upgraded to Money 2006 and I archived all my records prior to 01/01/2004. Is there a way to now shrink my money file in size? It's still at 20 Megs, same as it was before the archive. I assume since a majority of the data has been archive that I can compress all the open space in the file? I tried repairing the file (Standard and quick) and that didn't shrink the file. Does anyone know of a way? Thanks.... This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C58BE6.00FFF300 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-En...

[External Copy or SYLK] file format is not valid
I am moving to a new computer. I have WIN98SE on my old computer and WIN XP on the new one. I have Excel 97 and I am trying to transfer my data to the new computer. I get the above message when I try to open a file in XP. What is the problem? Thanks in advance, Bill. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...