Deleted File Drop down Menu from Menu Bar

Version: 2008

John
0
Gofast

Hi John;

Resetting the *toolbars* won't help unless you click on [highlight] the name
of the bar you want to reset before clicking the Reset button. The button
doesn't do a global reset of all bars. If that doesn't correct it go to
Commands page of that same dialog, scroll down in the list of Categories &
select Built-In Menus. Then drag File from the Commands list to its rightful
place on the proxy menu bar to restore the original File Menu.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 11/30/09 2:40 PM, in article 59badd8e.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"Gofast@officeformac.com" <Gofast@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Hi,
>
> While customizing I deleted my file drop down menu accidentally.  I've tried
> resetting my tool bars several times but with no results.  Can someone suggest
> the commands needed to address this problem?
>
> Thanks for the help
> John

0
CyberTaz
11/30/2009 11:50:38 PM
Thanks <br><br>Problem Solved!
0
Gofast
12/1/2009 6:04:37 PM
Most definitely welcome... Thanks for confirming!

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 12/1/09 1:04 PM, in article 59badd8e.1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"Gofast@officeformac.com" <Gofast@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Thanks
>
> Problem Solved!

0
CyberTaz

Enabling shortcut menu
How can I enable the shortcut menu in cells using mouse right click? When I right click in a cell now, nothing happens. Right clicking twice opens Essbase login. AFAIK there is no Option for enabling/disabling shortcut menus. If this is a business system perhaps your MIS people have modified things in some way. This would also explain the DblRt+Clk action as that is not a commonly used technique in Windows applications. Check the Properties of your mouse. Good Luck |:>) "Slypaw" wrote: > How can I enable the shortcut menu in cells using mouse right click? > When I ri...

Outboud Receipts; view
Some message came in requesting read reciepts. I accepted the reciept request. Now I have reciepts that will not send and I would like to remove them from the queue. Because they are stuck I cannot send any outgoing mail on this account. Nothing shows up in the outbox but when send/receive(ing) it shows the receipt count and fails. Anybody have an idea how to view/remove these bad outbound receipts? Thanks, Greg get Outlookspy (www.dimastr.com/outspy/) and use it to delete the receipts. They are hidden in the top level of the mailbox or personal folder. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP -...

Invoice deleted in Batch, can't re-invoice.
We shipped one line of a multi line sales order. We accidentally deleted the batch that contained the invoice. The line item will not let us fulfill again, or re-invoice. To get the invoice we re-added another line item. Now we need to delete the original line item, but it won't let us delete, it says "Item has previous qtys and cannot be deleted." When we print the packing list the messed up line item shows. Can we get rid if that line item somehow? -- Sheri Salomone THANKS! When you transfer a Sales Order to an Invoice, it updates all the quantities for you. If you adde...

How can I drop the year from mm/dd/yyyy data?
I have a large data set consisting of values from multiple years that I would like to analyze by time of year. ie: I want to look at the month/day for each value while ignoring the year. Specifically I want to end up with a graph showing time of year (in months) across the x-axis and showing all my data points as if they were from this one hypothetical year. Seems like it should be simple but I can't seem to crack it. Any help is greatly appreciated. Hi, Try Format > Cells > Custom: dd/mm -Mark >-----Original Message----- >I have a large data set consisting of valu...

IS there a way to compare 2 excel files
I like to be able to compare 2 excel files to see how different they are.Is there such a thing? Hi Now imagine how totally different two excel files can possibly be. The report would say ... ? But if you have two pretty similar sheets, try Myrna Larson and Bill Manville's "Compare", downloadable from http://www.cpearson.com/excel/download.htm HTH. Best wishes Harald "PeterM" <pmaston@comcast.net> skrev i melding news:%23BAzyBkOFHA.3940@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I like to be able to compare 2 excel files to see how different they are.Is > there such a ...

Corupt excel file ???
I have a excel file that seems to want to open, but then when it is done opening, There is no data or blank sheet. It goes though the possess and say's at the bottom ready opening but then there is nothing and the screen look's like I just opened Excel but no spread sheet. I then can go to file open another sheet and it works. (Not the one I wont) any body help. of coarse we don�t have a backup??? Email: bhogan@emediaofli.com --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ First, check to see if the file is actually loaded. Click on Window and see if it appears at the bottom o...

File Handle not being released with FileInfo.LastWriteTime
From an ASPX page I am trying to access the System.IO.FileInfo.LastWriteTime property of a file on the web site. The problem I have is that image file types; e/g/ gif, bmp etc; are not being released from the FileInfo object. If I access a page that reads the LastWriteTime of an image file; I cannot then update the file on the web server, until the app pool recycles. The same is not true for the text files; e.g. css, js; the FileInfo object is releasing these files. I have tried the garbage collector against the FileInfo object instance; but this did not work. Using t...

Unable to open .xls file
Hello- I have Windows XP Home edition on my computer and I received an email with some info that is an .xls extensoin. I have Windows Worksheet and wanted to know how, if I could, look at this file? I also receive info with >pps (powerpoint) and am unable to open these files also. ANy suggestions? Thanx, -- Michie You may not have MSOffice. It's not part of Windows. It's a separate suite of applications. But MS does make a viewer for excel: http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2000/xlviewer.aspx and one for powerpoint: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?Fa...

Import Excel Data from another workbook or file
Is there a way to import or export Excel Data between 2 different workbooks? E.G. Import from "File A" 'Sheet1' Column A, Row2 to "File B" 'Sheet1' Column A, Row 2. What I'd like to do ultimately is import data from 5 excel files into one. tamato43 wrote: || Is there a way to import or export Excel Data between 2 different || workbooks? || || E.G. Import from "File A" 'Sheet1' Column A, Row2 to "File B" || 'Sheet1' Column A, Row 2. || || What I'd like to do ultimately is import data from 5 excel files || in...

MnyBank : Ofc Ofx file conversion and Money import
Version 1.5.9 : bugs correction on Qif files Money 2005 do not accept any more Ofc files and the Ofx files delivered by my bank where invalid. So I write this program, it can be use to : - convert QIF, OFC files to OFX V1 (Money 2000->Money 2004) or OFX V2 (Money 2005, XML files) - convert OFX V2 files to OFXV1 - check transactions in files before send them in Money - archive bank transaction in a database (MS Acces format) This program is a freeware. It's a dotnet program, you have to install : 1- Framework .Net 1.1 2- MS Jet 4.0 3- MDAC 2.7 or greater 4- MnyBank GUI is in englis...

Color in Bar Graph
I have a Report with a Bar Graph on it, I would like to make each Category (up to 4 on a chart), a specific color. Thanks..ernst ...

formatting of txt file
Hi, Can anybody can help me in in formatting the below data for me The below data is coming in a txt file and i need the data in a excel file However when i put in excel i am not getting any structured form I need the Reference mentioned against the numeric value in the separate column as heading and the data below should come below the heading. I have tried, but i have to a lot of manual edit after formatting. 1.Emplyoee name bsdcbasdb hbvabfvas 2.Date 12-12-09 3.Address Dettails 12/2 main street City - bvauisdbc Pin code- 1100154 4. Department snbvsivnsvn oihbvis...

File Menu button is now an icon
I succeeded in changing File Menu to the Excel Icon and have no idea how I did it or how to get it back. The result is that a left click on that icon will bring up the Restore Menu and a right click will bring up a seriously abbreviated File menu. Two commands I use quite a bit are Set Print Area and Clear Print Area and neither are present on this abbreviated menu. Help! It sounds like you're still using xl2003 or below (not xl2007 with the new ribbon interface). If that's true... I'd try this first. Rightclick on an empty spot on any of the toolbars. Cho...

Script to count duplicate lines in a text file
We have a requirement to count the number of duplicate entries in a text file and then list the line and the number of duplicates. For example, we have a file call test.txt that has the following entries: A1 A1 B1 B2 B2 B2 B2 This would return the following: A1,2 B1,1 B2,4 Any assistance would be greatly appreciated Gadgetman schrieb: > We have a requirement to count the number of duplicate entries in a text file > and then list the line and the number of duplicates. For example, we have a > file call test.txt that has the following entries: > A1 > A1 ...

OL 2000 .pst file moving to new computer
I am trying to export a OL 2000 .pst file running under Windows XP with SP 1. I want to export or save the file so I can open it up on my other computer using Outlook 2000 under Windows 98. When opening the outlook.pst file on the computer with Windows 98 I received the following message - "File access is denied; You do not have the permission required to access the file C:\WINDOWS\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook outlook.pst." I had exported that outlook.pst file to a CD and then copied it into WINDOWS\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook ...

Executing change event with out tabbing off from a filed (DEX or VBA)
Hi, Scenario : A field in a GP form, I have my cursor in that field. When I enter data in to it, I need to split that string and insert the splitted string in to two text boxes (I will not be doing tab off from the field). EG: String which will be entered : 111112 I need to split the string into two strings string1 : 11111 string2 : 2 As soon as data entry is done the splitting should happen (to string1 and string2). And string2 , ie 2 should be inserted in to a field say quantity. If I enter data and do tab off from the field it is working fine. The requirement is ,as soon as data is ente...

Delete a product
How do you delete a product instead of deactivating? Selcuk Kumbasar Use the following steps 1. Settings - Product Catalog - Product 2. Select the Product and use the Actions Menu to Delete If you do not have the delete option it usually means delete privileges have been removed from your assigned role(s) Take care with deleting any object in the CRM system as this can seriously affect your history and reporting features when it comes to tracking past business activity that is why it is recommmended to deactivate rather then delete. ...

Delete jpg file based on Access field contents
Hello, What would be the best way to have access delete a bunch of jpg's? I have two tables in mdb format, the main table has 36000 records. When I am done with a record, I move it to a Deleted Record table (using a query and a macro). There are about 1300 of the deleted records that have an associated jpg file. The file size is around 100k, so I have around 130 meg of files cluttering up my laptop. I will never look at the jpg's again. I know it's not a lot of space, but why not have some code get rid of them? So, should I use a button on a regularly accessed Fo...

How to insert menuitem into globle context menu?
Dear all, I want to write a very simple program that outputs the a shortcut's target path into clipboard. For instance, there is a shortcut for ultraedit on my desktop, right click it and a context menu with a menu item called "copy path" pops up. I'd like to write this app as a run-once-and-exit program, i.e. not stay in memory. I only had basic MFC experience and have not written any "No UI" applications. Please give me some advise or links to sample sources codes. Thanks a lot! Regards -- F.Hou (Leo) ...

Deleting Parts of Cells
I have a list of information in a column. All the information has the format of having numbers and letters then a / and more data. I only want to look at the data to the left of the /. So, I would like the data to the right of the / deleted, including the /. For example, I need YYY9/5 to read YYY9. Any suggestions? You could bring it into Excel as a txt file open the txt file in excel Text Import Wizard will appear select >delimited check > other and type the "/" into the box finish you should have a separation where the / was. "GOL" wrote: >...

File Transfer using vb.net code
Hi, I would like to transfer/move a file from one folder to other folder in shareopint site. That needs to be done using vb.net. Could you please prove the code for that? Regards, Balu Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Dr. Dotnetsky's Cool .NET Tips and Tricks # 16 http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/960bc693-889f-46c1-9b0e-1b0a67d13ea5/dr-dotnetskys-cool-net.aspx So your asking someone on this list to do your work for you? For free? Sounds like you might want to get some consulting time. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what w...

Problems with Money 2005 file in two different computers
I upgraded to Money 2005 from 2004 (have been doing this since Money 97 without a problem), installed Money 2005 on my notebook, updated it to be compatible with the one on my desktop... BUT now when I try to open my money file on the notebook I get this message: "The place you are trying to reach only functions in the Business version of Money, and can't be used in the version you are using now. If you want to use this place you will have to upgrade to Microsoft Money Small Business." What place???? I don't want to go any place!!! All I want to do is use my money file (it ...

to Brian Tillman re: outlook express transferring files
I have read a few responses from you regarding tranferring files from your old computer to your new one. I don't quite understand how to do this. I'd like to transfer my emails, contacts from old computer to new one. Please explain how to do this in detail step by step if possible. Thanks Mark ...

Can formulas in cells be made to remain if the data is deleted?
Can you explain in a bit more detail what your question/problem is? -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "wendyp" <wendyp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7A92B0A-E752-4D58-90FF-3DE5F292D35C@microsoft.com... > Hi Wendy, See Insert a Row using a Macro to maintain formulas http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/insrtrow.htm To simply remove constants from a selection within a macro Selection. SpecialCells(xlConstants).ClearContents To remove constants manually from a selection Edit, GoTo (Ctrl+G), Constans [you can pick what kind ...

Keeping Context Menu open after Command
Hi, I've added a context menu to my CListCtrl that allows columns to be hidden. Is there a way to keep this menu open after the user clicks on a command? Basically like in the customize toolbar menu in Visual Studio. Olaf van der Spek wrote: > Hi, > > I've added a context menu to my CListCtrl that allows columns to be > hidden. Is there a way to keep this menu open after the user clicks on a > command? > > Basically like in the customize toolbar menu in Visual Studio. Bump. Somebody, anybody? I imagine you would have to start think "modeless dialog&...